Brad Guzan

Seftinho

My second 5 star buy today. :eek:

Brad Guzan is a USA international goalkeeper, number 2 to Brad Friedel. Guzan started his career with Chicago Fire, before moving to Chivas USA in 2005. He has recently been named Goalkeeper of the Year 2007 in the MLS, and has been playing for the national team since 2006, making 9 caps to date. Due to this he has been linked with Arsenal, Aston Villa, Olympiakos, Liverpool and AJ Auxerre.

guzan_619691.jpg

Name: Brad Guzan

DOB: 09/09/84

Position: GK

Nationality: USA

Club: Chivas USA

Rating: 84

SM Value: £3,863,000

Can be bought for around £5,020,000.

In July 2008, Aston Villa announced that they had agreed a fee for the highly rated keeper, in the region of £2m. With Carson returning to Liverpool, and Sorensen on his way out, Guzan is expected to become the new Number 1. If this happens then he should rise to around 87/88, and possibly higher if he performs well, or if Villa get into the UEFA Cup (Via the Intertoto Cup).

He may be quite expensive, but if he rises as expected, he could make a good profit. I suggest you wait and see if he is No.1 for Villa before buying him, but if he is, then definitely get him!

Re: Brad Guzan *5 Star Buy*

Good call! :) (better late than never I say) B)

For those that were around in July 2006 (yup 2 years ago) :rolleyes:

here's a thread I started when he was still rated 75 :eek:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=1998&highlight=Guzan

I got him for 750K for my Swindon Town in EC1 .... STEAL! :o

I wouldn't be surprised if he became Villa's first choice keeper and went up to 87/88 by end of the 2008/09 EPL season. ;)

Herby

Villa tried to get himin January but it fell through, so he must be a talent for MON to continue to go after him. Villa still have Stuart Taylor who is an 83 so i would also recommend snapping him up because it will between him and Guzan for the number1 jersey.

As for a future rating i would say that either keeper could go to 89 as Sorensen and Carson were both that last season in the Villa side.

Good call! :) (better late than never I say) B)

For those that were around in July 2006 (yup 2 years ago) :rolleyes:

here's a thread I started when he was still rated 75 :eek:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=1998&highlight=Guzan

I got him for 750K for my Swindon Town in EC1 .... STEAL! :o

I wouldn't be surprised if he became Villa's first choice keeper and went up to 87/88 by end of the 2008/09 EPL season. ;)

Herby

Whoops, I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but I guess I must have missed your thread. Sorry. B)

Whoops' date=' I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but I guess I must have missed your thread. Sorry. B)[/quote']

Nah all good Seftinho :)

My thread wasn't entitled GUZAN ... it was actually asking what 'no club found' meant as SM had just changed the 'free agent' listing system and so I wasn't sure how to bid for him.

When someone asked me what or who I was talking about, I had to come clean. haha :P

He's been rumoured to be the next Brad Friedel for sometime. In fact it's surprising it's taken an EPL club this long to sign him up. Might have something to do with work visas/permits. :o

Nice post anyway! :D

Herby

I remember that thread...

I think I took the tip in some setups but didn't keep him in any. More fool me :D

Haha if it's ANY consolation mate, I dumped him in all but 1 of my teams too. :P

I'm really surprised that it's taken so long for him to get a break in Europe. :confused:

Anyway, I thought you'd remember him .... :D :D :D I told you he'd come good. ;)

Herby

Brad Guzan

Brad Guzan

cZcCPup7.jpg

Brad Guzan is an American goalkeeper currently playing for Chivas USA. He's 23 years of age, an 84 rating, and he has been linked with moves to Premier League side Liverpool, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Greek side Olympiacos, as well as French side AJ Auxerre. Last season he won the MLS Goalkeeper of the Season Award, (

) an award that has been presented to many top goalkeepers in the game today, such as the Blackburn Rovers keeper, Brad Friedel and Everton keeper, Tim Howard. He's made 8 appearances for the US national team thus far, being the second choice to Tim Howard.

He's looking likely to go to Aston Villa at the moment. I recommend buying him as appearances with the US national team and potentially with Aston Villa should boost his 84 rating.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beardo

Re: Brad Guzan

On Friday, the deal involving Aston Villa and Brad Guzan went through.:D

The only problem is Aston Villa also bought Brad Friedel so once again, Guzan will just miss out on at secure 1st team spot. He will not rise like predicted anymore. :mad:

It appears that the Work Permit caused problems. When O'Neill thought he'd completed the signing of Guzan (when I posted this topic), he said he was hoping to have him as first team keeper. But then the move was delayed due to permit problems, causing O'Neill to sign Friedel as he was unsure if Guzan was going to sign. Now Guzan has signed, Simonsen is leaving and Guzan will just be No.1, and probably won't play that often, if at all.

• 1 year later...

Looks like a definite successor for Brad Friedal, last night in the carling cup he saved an unfair penalty from kenwyne jones, then kieron richardson looked like he would surely end it for villa in extra time but guzans knees saved it, it went through to penaties where he saved, saved, concieded, saved so thats 4 penalties saved out of 5!