Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

MickeyO

Re: Gold Championship 18 Discussions Thread

The whole Gold Championship 2 thing screwed me over, and the guy that was actually in charge of creating this setup at this time should have his head checked.Being already in GC2 i was hesitant on clicking into it.By the time i figured it out mid table teams in the lower divisions i was aiming for where all gone.Not impressed at all and will have to wait for GC19

Guest Toggs

Re: Gold Championship 18: Match reports + Transfer news

Mallorca News

Joining Mallorca

Juan Mata

Angel Arismendi

Jose Oliviera Marciniho

Davide Lanzafame

21 Million

Leaving Mallorca

Juan Arango

Jose Manuel Juardo

Jose Nunes

Angelos Basinas

Might look bad but will have a great team tommorow ;)

8653.jpg

10588.jpg

Mata & Arizmendi join

172_1203469115.gif

Valencia

Valencia today announced Nick Justice as New Boss at the club here is what he said " Well i am delighted to be apart of such a big club and i hope to spend many years here and maybe bring alot of success along the way. We have a tought opening game were we will face Barcelona, it will be a tought match but will go all out and i will hope to gain at least a draw i belive Valencia are cabalble of winning though. We also face last years champions Real Madrid in our first 5 games we have a thought run of games but we have the cableablity to win those games. We have also held talks with Mallorca midfielder Arango we have had a deal agreed with the club we hope to complete the signing in the next 24 hours hopfully. We have some great players like David Villa, David Silva and Raul albiol which will not be going any were soon.We hope to bring back the days from like 2004 were Valencia won the la liga i hope to bring that success but it will be hard as there are alot of really good managers in la liga. I hope to bring in a few new faces over the course of the season. Also i would like to say that no player at the moment will be going out on loan. i would also like to announce that Raul Albiol will be captian for the season with Hilderbrand as 2nd captian. |Also Valencia are on the look out for some defnders as they have little defensive players in the squad.!! PM if any 88+ are avlible for loan or sale cheers."

Key players this season

Well our whole team will be key for the seasons ahead but i belive that the most vital 3 will be David Villa, Raul Albiol and David silva who are also all international players. These 3 will not leave the club eathier insits new boss Nick Justice. David Villa we hope will produce the goals we need and Rual albiol will be vital at the back defending. and Silva will eb vital down the flanks.

Villa_David_celebration_479178.jpg

The New kit for the Season!!!...

Equipacion2009-01.jpg

Guest Toggs

Scolani (30,88,RB), Hector (33,88,RB), Marti (33,87,CM/DM) and Alhassane Keita (25,87,CF) - Are all for sale.

Scolani - 86 RB + 86 Player

Keita - 87 replacement

Marti - 86 player

Hector - 87+ defender

174_1198865982.gif

Villareal this morning named their boss for this, and the following seasons, as Scotsman Ross Philp. The manager has had previous stints at Spurs, Werder Bremen and Sevilla and also guided Mexican side Guadalajara to an SMFA Shield title win. Chairman Fernando Roig Alfonso has this to say at this morning's press conference "Despite Manuel Pellegrini's excellence with the squad last season, we parted company at around 2am last night, after a row. We then quickly snapped up a very experienced and talented manager whose emphasis on a large squad with both highly skilled and youth players suits our demands here at Villareal. He already has the basis as to which he can work on, and with around £17m to spend, he can please himself with signings. The season will begin on Saturday and we will look for an opening day win as Ross takes his side to Deportivo"

Philp has quickly established his authority on the team, and his emphasis on youth as he has transfer listed several oldies in the form of Pascal Cygan, Guille Franco and Robert Pires. He had this to say, when he spoke at the unveiling this morning "I am delighted to be back in Spain, where I have previously been with Sevilla. I have now established a good relationship with the chairman and the board and I have their full backing. My squad is already fantastic and with us competing on four fronts, all I feel I have to do, is to strengthen and have back up for all positions.

Philp named his captain for the season in Antonio Marcos Senna who, born in Brazil, has been at the club since 2002. Two seasons back, he was in negotiations with Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson looked to take him to Old Trafford - but Senna rejected the offer and went on to last season captain the side to a Champions League place for this season coming. With Spain, he was successfully crowned as a UEFA Euro 2008 winner and with some pundits claiming him to be the player of the tournament, it is no wonder that Philp chose him for the role as team captain for now.

59065.jpg

329_1205840207.gif

Lyon appointed Mr HoW as their new manager

After succesful and quick negotiations, manager Mr HoW become the boss at Lyon. "I'm very happy with this job, I allways watched Lyon, because they are a very good team. It's nice to be the boss of a top team!" commented by Mr HoW

Looking for defenders and..?

"I definitely want to sign a good defender, because we are sort of defenders a bit. Also would like to sign side player and a striker."

Who will stay?

"I'm not planning to change the whole squad. We have key players like Juninho or Benzema, I really want to keep them. But I'm prepared to release Boumsong, Fabio Santos, and maybe if the offer is good enough Réveillére and Cris can go too.

Plans for the season

"I really want to bring a title for the fans this season, we have good chance winning the league, but we must fight for it, because there are great teams waiting for the title too! Will be very exciting!"

With a lack of transfer activity at Villareal, here goes:

Goalkeepers

Not for sale atm, will wait until the season begins (leigh;))

Defenders

Javi Venta and Cygan can both go, with younger players in a deal.

Midfielders

Aging stars Edmilson and Pires are to go and 22-year old Fernandez too.

Forwards

Both Guille Franco and Llorente are available for sale.

If you are interested in one or more players then PM me as I could possibly use two or even three of them for anyone in your own teams. The other players such as Nihat, Senna and Rossi can all still leave it is just that I wish to only really get rid of the above atm.

67_front_small.gif122_1190893517.gif12_front_small.gif

REGGINA GET NEW MANAGER

Manager Rishabh Desai took over Italian side Reggina last night !! This is what he had to say during the his interview:"Well it's going to be a good challange managing Reggina. It's never easy managing a small side but we will put in our best and see what happens thereafter. We don't have a huge bugget either, just £18.8 million so we will be looking to spend our money wisely. All players will be forsale if a good offer comes in. Thats all for now !!!"

345_1203409714.gif

toulouse new manager!!!!

toulouse have a new manager called joe cutlan. he will take them to the top of the french league. he is going to be signing many players through out the season and also we have high hopes for this season.

players for sale:

sissoko (85) 18 yrs DM

emana (89) 26 yrs CM/RM

Guest Toggs

Pique and Eqezerro are joining Mallorca for a combined fee of just over 6M. Pique should sub and Eqezzero should be a substitute regular.

If anyone is interested in Santos in this setup let me know via Pm nothing is certain but I might be quitting depending on a few things. The main reason for probable quitting is the ammount of dodgy or mates rates deals that have been accepted. I am not sue if they will be offered to someone else but someone said if you've not played a game you can quit and they'll stay unmanaged.

Again nothing is certain yet!

Appointment of Jacko marks an exciting new era at Zenit

265_1203975428.gif

Zenit St Petersburg fans have every reason to be excited after Jacko was appointed their new manager in the early hours of the morning. It is a new and different challenge for a manager who has had his fair share of success in other GC's. Jacko himself was thrilled to arrive at the club:

"I am delighted to be here. This is a club which is going places, make no mistake, and I hope I can make the best of the vastly talented squad we have here, and win trophies at home and abroad. It will be a great challenge, especially with a limited budget and a small stadium"

Understandably it didn't take long for the press conference to turn to the future of Russia star Andrei Arshavin. Zenits playmaker is already being tracked by some of Europes top clubs, and Jacko was realistic about the players future.

"Andrei is a fine player and has already attracted offers from some major european teams. He wants to play for a bigger club and I fully understand that. He is available for transfer but it will take a super offer to get him. I hope any deal can be concluded soon as to not unsettle the rest of the squad"

Rumours are abound that Jacko is seeking two 90 + players in any deal for his star man, including a forward to replace Arshavin

arshavin_zenith.TN__.jpg

On his way? Arshavin can leave if the right offer arrives

Leigh got me Hamburger ! Im happy' date=' [b']but i hate sparky so so so much right now[/b] !

hehehe:D

Fooled everyone :P

U wanna sell VDV btw :P

I WILL NOT BE HELPING ANYONE OUT THIS GC AS I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT EVERYTIME I HELP SOMEONE, I END UP BEING SHORT ON PLAYERS:rolleyes:

RealMadrid2.jpg

New Man At The Bernabéu

Spanish champions Real Madrid have appointed former Manchester United manager Mitu Ahmed as the successor of Bernd Schuster. It was reported that Schuster walked out of the club due to pressure from president Ramón Calderón. The Galacticos chairman described Ahmed's appointment as "A fresh change" as his team builds up to the new La Liga season 08/09. Calderón told SkySports: "He is a good manager, he won the Serie A with Internazionale and was in good form with Manchester United. Thanks to our good relationship with the English champions, negotiations went well."

Ramón Calderón has given Sparky the task of winning the La Liga by the end of a two year plan, he has also stated that his team should reach at least the quarter finals of both Coppa Del Rey and the Spanish shield, and a minimum quarter final target for the SMFA Champions Cup.

Transfer News: Players who are allowed to leave are - Christoph Metzelder, Jose Mari Guti, Julio Baptista, Javier Saviola and Gonzalez Raul. Players are currently listed as 'unavailable' and would appreciate if other managers PM'd me. Player exchange only. These players can also be used to bring in another player to Madrid. Just drop a PM.

Guest Toggs

10_front_small.gif153_1203525908.gif12_front_small.gif

Mallorca name Toggs as manager

Toggs has been named at Mallorca. The chairman has issud a statement saying he wants a new squad and Toggs is doing all he can to do so. Nelson Pique and Santiago Ezequerro are confimed signings but Toggs expects at least 5 players to join. Solari joins from Gazza's Internazionale on loan.

1110_1209755861.jpg2778_1209755861.jpg