Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

MickeyO

New twist in Arshavin tale

265_1203975428.gif

The ongoing transfer saga of Zenit & Russia star Andrei Arshavin is proving to be one of the more interesting stories of GC18 so far.

Yesterday a deal was announced which would have seen Arshavin head to Arsenal with Van Persie & Rosicky heading the other way. This deal was unfortunately vetoed by the Arsenal chairman who was unwilling to meet his managers request to release the two players.

Zenit were more than willing to renegotiate the deal but then recieved word that AS Roma were interested in the players services. After a swift negotiation a fee was agreed, with the deal seeing Arshavin move to the italian capital with Alberto Aquilani & Mirko Vucinic coming to Zenit.

Boss Jacko is hopeful that the Roma chairman & SMFA will approve the deal and won't be commenting about it until it gets rubberstamped! Arshavin himself is perfectly happy to move to Roma and is said to be keen to get his future sorted before the season starts on Saturday.

138496849.jpg

Arshavin: Somewhat in limbo

Re: Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

220px-

Hammers Ink Top 3 Transfer Targets

West Ham have pulled off a successful triple swoop for all 3 of their top transfer targets. Manager Nathan Wright is delighted to have captured the 2 defenders and forward he was looking for to balance the squad.

Ex Aston Villa Forward Bosko Balaban comes in to compete with Dean Ashton, Craig Bellamy, and Carlton Cole for a first team place. It is thought Wright doesn't consider Freddy Sears to be currently ready for first team football.

27.jpg

Bosko Balaban

Nathan Wright had this to say on his new striker: "Although Bosko didn't have the best of times at Villa he has been phenomenal with Brugge in Belgium and since he's been back in Croatia with Zagreb, he adds real quality to our forwards and I expect him to play a big part this season"

It is thought West Ham beat West Bromich Albion to his signature.

Also joining is US international and former Newcastle defender Oguchi Onyewu who was a cornerstone in Belgian title winners Standard Lieges side last season.

PH2006041001155.jpg

Oguchi Onyewu

It is thought Onyewu will fight it out with Anton Ferdinand for a starting place in the heart of the West Ham defence.

The 3rd arrival is something of an unknown quantity to English fans. Marius Constantin is a young defender bought from Romanian Uefa Cup qualifiers Rapid Bucharest. He has a reputation as a hard man and can play anywhere in the back four. The large fee for this player has raised some eyebrows but Wright believes his adaptability and relative youth bode well for his future.

309885-7204-cp.jpg

Marius Constantin

In other Irons news West Ham are looking for friendly opposition for Friday 25th July from a good European side.

Re: Gold Championship 18 Discussions Thread

Real Madrid have agreed a deal for left back Patrice Evra, the deal sees Gabriel Heinze & Saviola moving the other way with Drenthe going on loan for a season.

It is also reported that a deal for Tevez has been struck..The deal is disclosed for now, but I can confirm that it does include De La Red + Higuain going on loan to Manchester United.

Now I just hope the chairmen do not intervene or I don't get booted of my clubs for suspicious transfers as I would have done three transfers with the United manager:o

Fabio Cannavaro is still available... All I want is 2 defenders in return (CB Preferably) 90+

RVN may also be available, 2 strikers 90+ is wanted...

After negotiations for Van Der Vaart broke down, Real Madrid have renewed their interest on the Dutch sensation :D

But cannot afford to lose too many players!:eek::o

Match Report to follow on Friday after I have my squad finished for the new season.

Los Merengues start of their season against Liam O'Connor's (King Kolo) Numancia

Some news......

Bought:

Garay for 8mil + Hetinga

Ricardo Olivera for Leo Franco and Pernia

+A couple of youth players :)

Sold:

Seitaridis for 1mil +Foggia

Sergio Garcia should be coming in tomorrow for Reyes, part of the Olivera deal....

Radu will also come in as part of the Foggia deal :)

Loads of players still available, most notably Simao.

Others who I may consider deals for are Forlan, Luis Garcia, Maniche and Cleber Santana. :) All offers must contain suitable replacements. :D

Oh Ujfalusi available too want a 91+ replacement CB for him at least :o

Leeds have moved for a number of players, but have also missed out on some quality players due to being unable to match the big clubs for money.

The likes of Witsel and Tadic decided to move elsewhere, but Leeds did complete deal of £2.75m for the experienced Leiva, as well as veterans Van Kerckhoven and Verschuere. Young keeper Kenny Steppe joined Leeds for Ankergren and £500k, whilst youngsters Sergio and Benteke also signed up.

After missing out on Tadic, Kenneth McCandless (Kensational - above poster :eek: ) allowed him to join Leeds on loan, with young defender Hiariej also joining on loan. Helder Barbosa also joined on a loan deal to partner Tadic, with Beckford going the other way to Porto for £5m.

Leeds have now reiterated their interest in signed a new winger after missing out on Witsel, as well as an AM to play just behind Barbosa and Tadic. Two veterans are in talks with the club over moving. Leeds have also moved for an unnamed RB, who will play second fiddle to Richardson down the right-hand side, with Hiariej partnering Michalik in the centre.

Leeds have also agreed deals for young Chelsea defender Sam Hutchinson and upcoming keeper David Stockdale of Fulham.

On the way out of the club is young midfielder Kilkenny for £3.4m. Leeds announced that despite being a very good and promising player, he would be better off elsewhere as there would be few opportunities at Elland Road.

Promising defender Paul Huntington as well as superstar midfielder Jonny Howson have been transfer listed, but Leeds have only said they will offer the players as well as money in P/E for older quality players.

218_1195475278.gif

Benfica make treble signing

Benfica manager Luke Deveney struck three times in his first evening in charge of the Portugese outfit, bringing in some extra quality to an already capable squad ahead of the upcoming new season.

Romanian international central defender Dorin Goian joined from Steaua Bucureşti, as well as left midfielder Marek Zienczuk from Wisla Krakow and Swiss centre forward Erin Derdiyok from FC Basel. Goian is a reknowed physical presence at the back and has impressed for Romania recently, and he should prove to be a solid addition at the back alongside another towering stopper in the shape of Brazilian Luisao. Zienczuk was seen as a very imporatn purchase from Deveney, becuase the lack of an out and out left sided midfielder was a worry and the experienced Pole should fill that gap effectively. Di Maria is a player who could grow to fill this position in the future, but this signing is certainly key for the moment. Finally, 20 year-old Derdiyok is a hot prospect at both club level as well as internationally, and Deveney felt the time was right for him to take the step up in european quality with his club, and brought him on board. Sure to improve over time, this signing is one for the future as well as the present.

goian_steaua_nationala.jpg

International defender Goian pictured at his press conference prior to his signing with Deveney's Benfica

In other transfer news at the Estadio da Luz, a potential deal for Valencia's Ever Banega fell through at a late stage of negotiation, but some other currently unknown players are being looked at by Deveney, with one main target looking to be secured very soon. Conceicao Edcarlos has joined Vasco Da Gama on loan for the forseeable future, with the Brazilian defender looking for more playing time in South America. Youth talents Adu and Urretavizcaya could possibly be loaned out, with Adu recently recieving some heavy interest, notably from Germany. More to come.

172_1203469115.gif

Valencia

Valencia announce a bid for Lazio's Goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo has been Accepted this deal will see Santiago Canizares and Nikola Zigic join the Italian Side. Also Ivan Helguera looks set to join Championship club QPR which sees young Defender Michael Mancienne and Angelo Balanta move to Valencia. Also joining an English club is Rodriguez David Lomban move to toggs' side Lincoln city for just under 300k. After missign out on both Palacio and Macherano, Valencia have a few more Targets being Diego Ribas, Luis Garcia, Nuno Gomes, Luisao and Willy Sagnol and few more. Valencia need a new Defnder 90+ if any for sale please PM me...Also for a CM 92+ i would offer Angulo and Albelda ans cash..preferble under 30 if any PM me please. Also if Carrizo Completes the move to Valenica Hildebrand could leave the Spanish team. Also if Anyone is interested in Angulo or Baraja please let me knwo as they can both leave and so can Albelda if a 90 and 90 are offered.

23409.jpg

Arshavin going nowhere quite yet

The deal for Arshavin with Roma has also been vetoed by the chairman. Zenit are trying to renegotiate the terms of the deal but are still welcoming other offer - just make them good :D

I'll also listen to offers for Pogrebnyak & Anyukov.....but they will need to include one 90+

my chairman blocked two deals last night quite cheesed off lol but what cna i do lol

The deal involving Valencia and AZ Alkmaar regarding Demy DE ZEEUW has been stopped by the Valencia chairman who is unhappy with deal. [?]

The deal involving Valencia and FC Schalke 04 regarding Marcio RAFINHA has been stopped by the Valencia chairman who is unhappy with deal and does not want to swap Ruano ALEXIS and Ever BANEGA in this deal. [?]

Guest Toggs

Lincoln%20City%20FC%20club%20crest.jpg

Lincoln Update

Last night saw the completions of Ishmael Miller, Leon Barnett and Francesco Toldo on loan from West Brom & Inter Milan. Ishmael will spearhead the attack whlist Leon Barnett will be a clubs star assett in defense. Experienced Toldo will be in the goal and will take some beating. Toggs thanks Sinar and Gazza for the loans.

After last night transfer negoiations, Lincoln completed the signings of 6 new players.

Cristian Paz joined from Nacional for a fee of 150k. He is a promising Uraguyian Defense Midfielder. He isnt set to have much of a role at Lincoln this season and could find a stay in the reserves.

19 year old Valentin Stocker joined from FC Basel. He cost 700k and French winger N'Douiazze. He will boss the wings with his pace. Toggs said he was a huge signing.

Sami Sanevuori joined from FC Inter Turku for a fee of 85k + Lee Beevers. Sanevuori will play RB for the season. Toggs expects quite a rise from the 22 year old.

Petter Lennartsson joined from Kalmar FF for a fee of 25k + Okkes. P.L is set to have a substitute role at the club, he can play LM or LB.

Free Agent Roberto Nanni joined for a fee of 700k. The 77 rated striker was released by Dynamo Kyiv. At Lincoln, he will start upfront with Miller.

Finally, Valencia Centre Back Rodriguez David Lomban joined for a fee just short of 300k. The Spanyard will be a key sub at the club.

Lincoln City have also enquired about three world-renowned talents. Christian Titi, Craig Cathcart and Yiggal Gai Assulin have all been linked with move to Sincil Bank.

Sevilla.jpg

Sevilla - The signings so far

Since English manager Louis Mattis took over Spanish side Sevilla on Monday morning. He has made two signings to boost the strengh of his squad. The first person to join was young Belgian International Marouane Fellanini who joined from Belgian side Standard Liege. He will play in the second team alongside the likes of Diego Capel and Lautaro Acosta. He will also replace Enzo Maresca who moved in a part of another deal.

Fellanini flew into Spain this yesterday morning and penned a three year deal with the club keeping him at the Spanish side until at least 2011. After Fellanini joined, Sevilla manager Louis Mattis stated this about his new signing:

Marouane is a great lad, and at the very young age of 20. He still has alot of time to improve. He has already picked up nine International caps with his National side already, and I'm sure he will pick up more in the near future. He was a great buy and we will get the best out of him here at Sevilla.

Fellanini cost Sevilla £18MIL and unwanted goalkeeper David Cobeno.

The second signing for Sevilla was Croatian International Vedran Corluka, after his impressive performance at the Euros, and the sale of Dani Alves to Barcelona, Sevilla were without a 90+ Right Back, and Sevilla manager Mattis stated when he joined the club that getting a RB was his most important task. Corluka also signed a three year contract with Sevilla also keeping him at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán until 2010. Sevilla manager Louis Mattis stated at the unveiling of the two new signings that it's fantastic that he managed to snap up Corluka as his is also still at a very young age of 22. And can improve in the many years to come. Corluka cost Sevilla £5MIL + Enzo Maresca and Abdoulay Konko who have joined Matt Jewiss's Manchester City side.

Sevilla will play a pre-season friendly against Russian side CSKA Moskva on Friday. And they kick-start there season at home against Real Betis on Saturday.

More news to follow throughout the week.

610x.jpg

3418871203-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-qualifying-group-e-england-v.jpg

(New signings - Marouane Fellanini and Vedran Corluka)

218_1195475278.gif

Chilean starlet joins Benfica's ranks

Benfica this morning completed the exciting signing of one of the best attacking midfield prospects in South America, with Carlos Villanueva joining Deveney's side for an undisclosed fee from Audax Italiano, thought to be worth around 20m pounds. Two players also left Benfica to make the offer up to this fee, but the competition of 11 other clubs was fought off last night and the Chilean international will slot in well to a solid-looking Benfica first team. "We here at Benfica are obviously delighted that Carlos has agreed to come here, hes a superb talent as has the ability and potential to improve even further while at the club. The fact that he has joined us over so many other sides is pleasing, and shows that we can attract good young talent to the club" Deveney said.

Benfica will start their season with a pre-season friendly againt close friend Michael Reghelini's Fenerbache, a test which should get the outfit into gear before the important seasons opener against massive rivals Sporting Lisbon at the Estadio da Luz.

545085058.jpg

Villanueva is another welcome addition to Deveney's squad

1471.gif

More Big Names Come To Mexico

Toluca manager Dennis Marks wanted to bring in more players, and has. He said this at a press conference:

I have truly brought great players to us. We brought in 4 new players, all from different places around the world. They are all strong players and I have welcomed them to the club whole heartedly, hopefully the fans will to. I feel it in my blood, this season will be successful. This season will be great!

The first player purchased was young Nigerian talent Osa Guobadia ICE CREAM. He is going to be an important part of our future team along with Luizinho. He was a cheap buy at only 10k. He is rated 71.

20300_1211358754.jpg

Osa Guobadia ICE CREAM

The second player purchased was the young Austrian international defender Sebastian PRODL. We're lucky that SM made an error, he's supposed to be on the Werder Bremen team, however Toluca profited out of it. Prodl will be more of a backup player. We outbid Lyon and Karlsruhe for him. We swapped Santiago Fernandez and Erick Espinoza for him. He is rated 86.

20383_1210495456.jpg

Sebastian PRODL

The third player we brought in was Polish international midfielder Radoslaw SOBOLEWSKI. Surprisingly there were no other bids so Toluca got them for a bargain of Ariel Rosada* + Cesar Lozano. He will also be a backup player behind MINEIRO and ZINHA. He is rated 88.

13094_1210709302.jpg

Radoslaw SOBOLEWSKI

The final signing from yesterday was Romanian international reserve keeper Danut COMAN. He will be fighting with Cristante for the role of starting keeper. It will be tough but whoever plays better will start. He only cost us 1 mil + Miguel Almazan (bargain) seeing as nobody else bidded for him. He is rated 87.

5404_1211208179.jpg

Danut COMAN

We Are In Need Of.........

3 positions filled. We are looking for 1 or 2 F/CF's, a LM and a CB. If you are willing to part with players in one of these positions, whether by selling them or loaning please contact me as I will be very interested. I appreciate it, and please don't hesitate to contact me whether in the game or on the forum. Thank you.

53_front_small.gif345_1203409714.gif8_front_small.gif

toulouse news

today joe cutlan announced that sissoko must go as many big clubs want him. joe cutlan has this to say 'sissoko is a talented player as ive seen him in training but he must leave as big clubs want him and also he would like to leave asswell'. 'but we havent been able to accept the offers coming in as i think we can get much more for sissoko than the big clubs are bidding'. 'also i dont feel that he can leave just for cash we need a replacement or just another player'. in other news toulouse have targets for the season they are: BOBO and ARAUJO. if we get a chance to sign them both then we will as they are both good players that could probably get into our side easily. we have put bids in for both of the players and we hope the other sides will either negotiate or accept.

(ARAUJO target)

10032_1212416780.jpg3686_1210093757.jpg(BOBO target)

chairman stopped Evra deal!:mad:

Now I find that Tevez has left for Werder:rolleyes:

So, not gonna do any deals with United as they are untrue with their word, but will still try get Evra :D

Seriously looking for a forward and a winger now...

Guti + Baptista will be offered :)

Plus deals may include that: Selling manager may take Drenthe & De La Red on loan:eek: So 4 players :)

PM Me....

Two great talents should be joining Sevilla tomorrow in a deal involing Kanoute.

I understand what you mean about the United manager. He wanted me to give him Kanoute and Renato for Tevez.

What sort of deal was that for Tevez anway?

A 93 and a 88. Rubbish deal for the United manager.

Bayern News

Bayern-Logo.gif

Bayern Munich today announced that Dutch Sensation Van Der Vaart has signed for them. It is though that the fee was £10m Podolski and Altintop.

When asked why he paid so much for this player manager Allan replied 'Simple, he is world-class, and will only get better'.

It was also announced that Bayern's No 1 target Akinfeev will not be joining the club this season. 'Cska and myself held long negotiations and i thought the deal was nearly agreed however it was not to be his demands were extortionate and nothing less, i would have loved to have signed him but i would had to of given 2 arms and a leg to secure him, now i must look elsewhere'

Coventry Sale!

25_1200211667.gif

Breaking news coming from the Ricoh Arena reveals that Kasper Schmiechel is for sale. He is on the transfer list, but the highest bid will definitely be accepted tonight at 11pm, as the manager needs to make funds for another deal.

8960_1209755861.jpg

^^Schmeichel will leave the Ricoh Arena tomorrow morning, with the highest bid being accepted tonight.

Currently there have been no bids, but Coventry are expecting for quite a few bids tonight.

Ankaragucu!

Ankaragucu.png

After a brief spell at Argentinian League 2 side Tigre, George took over Turkish side Ankaragucu last night with the promise of an end to the dominance of the top trio of Besiktas, Galatasary and Fenerbache. For now however, the club admit that they are favourites to finish bottom of the 10 sides in the league.

2 players were brought in this morning for a combined fee of £9.2 million. More players are expected to join in the future but there is no rush.

foto_152767_cas.jpg

First of all to join was Michel Salgado with the Right Back joining from Sparky's Real Madrid for £5.5 million.

And following him was Diego De Souza with the attacking midfielder joining from Defensor Sporting for £3.7 million, Augustine Ahinful and Erdogan Murat heading the other way.

RealMadrid2.jpg

Real Madrid Transfers

Real Madrid manager Sparky didn’t take too long to sign players and turn them into the next Galacticos. The La Liga giants managed to snap up 8 players and let go of two, one of which was Real Madrid legend Raul Gonzalez.

Six youth players were introduced at the club, Hudorovic (Dinamo Zagreb), Lukas Vacha (Slovan Liberec), Pedro Celestino (Amadora), Fabio Paim (Pacos De Ferreira), Christopher Toselli (Universidad Catolica) and Daniel Opare (Real Madrid Castilla) were the six youths who arrived for a reported fee of £10,000,000. Pedro Celestino and Fabio Paim were loaned out to Scottish outfit Livingston.

Sparky was pleased with the youth signings as he told SkySports:

“I’m very happy with the new signings, we need young players to take over in Real Madrid once our experienced players go. I feel we have made the right signings and I cannot wait to see them develop in the coming years”

Los Merengues also sold former Spain and Real Madrid captain Raul Gonzalez. Apparently, the decision to sell the former skipper was up to President Ramon Calderon who felt that the 31 year olds services were not needed anymore. The availability of the player alerted English giants Manchester United, who offered midfield duo Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves. The two central midfielders will compete against the likes of Wesley Sneijder, Mahamadou Diarra and Fernando Ruben Gago for a place in the team.

Another player to leave the Bernabeu was Portuguese defender Pepe. Italian giants AC Milan were monitoring his situations for a long time and were pleased to have captured his signing. Massimo Ambrosini and Kaka Khaladze arrived in return.

Spanish right back Michel Salgado headed to Turkey to play under division 2 side manager George Winehouse.

2919_1209755861.jpg3302_1209755861.jpg2908_1209755861.jpg

Raul, Pepe And Salgado Leave Madrid

It is also reported that Real Madrid are after a striker and winger. They are prepared to offer Brazilian attacking midfielder Julio Baptista and Spanish playmaker Jose Mari Guti in return.

Guest Toggs

Everybody is oviously intrested how Lincoln are doing.

Man United manager wont budge for Cathcart,

Brown, Croft and Sinclair are leaving.

Antoher 9 players are expected to join in the morning. Havent heard anything about Titi or Gai Ausslin yet :)