Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

MickeyO

Re: Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

No offense or nowt' date=' but why you got offered that job is just completely stupid.

I mean you didn't do well with Numancia, you led them to relegation spots!

Guess it shows the job offer feature needs MASSIVE improvements.[/quote']

Yup, but everyone knows that Job offers is random, like the International management which = problems.

Must admit job offers seem very poor as they rarely goto a deserving manager. None the less good luck with Valencia..

Bayern win again 2-0 against Borussia Monchengladbach, but Stuttgart win aswell lead is still only 2 points at the top...

Match report to come....

AEK Athens gain momentum

372_1201767599.gif

Sheva has managed to turn things around in Greece since taking over the club. They were on the verge of losing many of their top players. Too many players were getting unsettled at the club after they were left manager-less for too long. The likes of Ismael Blanco, Rivaldo and Sokratis Papastathopoulos were on the verge packing their bags but everything changed once they got in a new manager. Rivaldo decided to stay and has already said that he will finish his career at AEK. Ismael Blanco has already said that he is happy at AEK and is happy with the new manager.

Since the new man's arrival, AEK have sky rocketed into a great start with him. Athens have netted 18 goals in the 4 games that Sheva has been in charge and hes taken them to the top of the table. Sheva's first match in charge was always going to be a tough one. They welcomed Panathanaikos but got away with a great 3-2 win. Pana and Olympiacos are always going to be trouble throughout the course of the season.

Next came an away trip to Aris. AEK showed their fans what they are capable of doing as they hammered them 5-1. Goals from Trianos Dellas, Ismael Blanco, Rodolpho Arruabarrena and a lovely brace from Luis Gabriel Rey rounded off a great performance.

Then AEK welcomed Ergotlis and they cruised to another comfortable win. Goals from Luis Gabriel Rey, Cesar Paulo Baier and Ruslan Rotan were enough to brush aside a rather weak Ergotlis.

The most recent fixture saw AEK travel to face Panionios. They put out a truly brilliant show for their fans this time by annihilating the home side. Papastathopoulos put the visitors ahead after just 9 minutes. The man on fire, Luis Gabriel Rey, then got two goals in 10 minutes making it 3-0 after just 26 minutes. Midfielder Pantelis Kafes made it 4, 6 minutes past the hour mark. Ismael Blanco then joined the party 5 minutes later and made it 5. Rey then completed his brilliant hattrick with 9 minutes to go, while Blanco added the cherry on the top after he scored his second just two minutes later to end the game at 7-0.

AEK top the tables for now. Above Pana on goal difference and ahead of Olympiacos by a point. The title race seems to be between the top 3 and anyone could end up winning it. One thing is for sure though, the partnership of Blanco and Rey can deal any team with a critical blow.

aek_veroia5L.jpg

Ismael Blanco (Zorro)- 8 goals and 11 assists

07-06-09-luisgabrielrey-colombia.jpg

Man on fire- Luis Gabriel Rey. 5 goals in the last 3 games.

Missed out on both the Villa, Arsenal + Valencia jobs, i only seem to get offers from smaller teams like parma, real murcia and Mk dons.

17 games = 14 w 2 d 1 l and add that to being the manager of a tiny club in Darlington, you'd think they'd be queing up to sign me lol.

Best one i've been offered is stoke anyhow goodluck with valencia

I'm Leeds and I got offered Hereford. :confused: Tbh I would probably never leave Leeds, even if Real Madrid or Man United came calling, I much prefer the challenge. Feels much better to win a shock cup match as Leeds against a Div 1 team, then Real Madrid (for example) where you're expected to win every time.

793_1202601890.gif1899 Hoffenheim 1 - 2 VFL Wolfsburg 419_1202282867.gif

Del Piero the hero again as Wolfsburg win again

VFL Wolfsburg won 2-1 tonight thanx to a brace form Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero. Wolfsburg dominated this game from start to finish and should have scored more after having 39 shots on goal and 22 on target with the opposition having 11 shots on goal with just 2 hitting the target and with Wolfsburg having 72% posession 5: GOAL!! - Alessandro DEL PIERO hits it early leaving the keeper stranded! then he does it again 25: GOAL!! - An excellent header by Alessandro DEL PIERO crashes into the back of the net!

_41848160_piero_getty300.jpg

Del Piero was the hero once again

Could really do with an 88+ (ish) rated CB on loan for a few weeks as i have made the German cup semi final, and i am in the german shield quarter final and with the SMFA Cup starting i need them because ....

Injuries to Van Buyten, Lucio and Sangol from my defence alone has nearly crippled my defences

Schwienstiger and Van Bommel missing from my midfield with injuries too :o

anyone who can help drop me a PM, thanks

40_1204153038.gif 5 - 0 71_1205587003.gif

Leeds Are In The Quarters!

Leeds may have been stunned by Wrexham in the shield, but after a super 5-0 victory over Division 2 Sheffield Wednesday, they are now the lowest 'ranked' team left in the competition.

This follows on from shock wins over Portsmouth, QPR and Everton!

Leeds once again had to play a second string side, in order to rest first teamers. But no worry, as Ianu finally broke the deadlock 2 minutes before half-time. From then onwards, it turned into a rout, and a Tanghe goal, Ianu second, and goals from subs Abraham and Iashchuk, gave Leeds a convincing 5-0 victory, to set up a tie with Cardiff.

Can Leeds shock a 4th team in a higher division? Could they do the impossible and possibly make the Final?

Could they win it?!?

Who cares?! They're in the Quarters. :D :D :D

After the match, Sheffield Wednesday manager Unmanaged, told the reporters, "They are simply the best team in the world, and we feel no shame in losing. I would bet on them to win the cup.. only they won't."

46.gif

Russia Appoint Sefton

After the ex-Russia manager was heavily criticized following a poor Euro 08 run, in which Russia could only reach the Semis, he has now been sacked and Leeds manager Luke Sefton has been appointed!

Sefton also manages Leeds, and has taken them to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup, as well as them being 4th in Division 3. They now hope that Sefton can take the team one step further, and reach the African Nations final. Now THAT would be an achievement!

Sefton has called up a number of youngsters to his 30 man squad. Fayzulin, Granat, Shunin, Shishkin, and Kiril Kombarov have been called up. Kombarov's twin brother has not been called up through, as Sefton claims he already has enough wide men. Bilyaletdinov, Zhirkov, Bystrov, Izmailov, and Kombarov are all in the squad. Meanwhile 22 year old Ivanov has also missed out, behind CM's Zyryanov, Loskov, Aldonin, Denisov, and AM's Semak, Torbinsky, Pavlenko and Fayzulin.

Sefton has also said that he will give his youngsters a run out against lesser teams.

His expected line-up will be:

Akinfeev 91

Anyukov 91----Ignashevitch 91----Berezutsky 90

Zyryanov 91

Bystrov 89----Semak 90----Loskov 90----Zhirkov 90/Bilyaletdinov 90

Arshavin 93----Pogrebnyak 91/Pavlyuchenko 91

419_1202282867.gifVFL Wolfsburg 4 - 3 Borussia Monchengladbach393_1190839464.gif

Wolfsburg picked up another win against 5th placed Monchengladbach , it was a close game but Wolfburg ran out winners 4-3

Misimovic got the opener on 3 minutes when he finished from a yard , then it was the same man again the press have been rattling on about these past few weeks Alessando Del Piero grabbed yet another brace , the 1st coming in the 16th minute when he hits a lovely shot in of the post , 2 minutes later he heads in towering above all the defence . Grafite finished the scoring on 51 minutes when he capitilises on a mix up in the defence to poke home

bm2.jpg

391_1195739653.gif Bayern Munich 1 - Energie Cottbus 396_1200431880.gif

Bayern edged past Energie Cottbus last night in a close game but came away with a deserved 3 points. A quiet first half erupted 5 minutes before the HT break when Nicolás PAVLOVICH was clearly brought down in the area but the ref who needed to consult his linesman, waved away appeals. No penalty Bayern refused a stone wall penalty!!!

Bayern were reduced to 10 men on 76 minutes when Andrés an Martin went down easily. It looked like a dive, it was a dive and he's gone. San Martin gets a kick in the **** as he walks past his very angry manager.

Bayern final scored after just 89 minutes of play when Lell nodded home a corner.

Bayern remain top by 2 points after VFB win again, and the gap to 3rd is now 10 points

cabeceras900x18020082axq8.png

Espanyol 2-2 Osasuna

Varios-jugadores-del-Espanyol-lamentan-la-derrota--2008041319472804hg2.jpg

Espanyol were lucky to get a draw last night after a 65th minute sending off of Hernan Crespo changed the game completely.

Espanyol took the lead on the 23rd minute after Luis Garcia finished brilliantly from a Riera corner and they kept their lead up until the Crespo incident where he was shown a red card for a violent tackle.

Osasuna's Pandiani took the free kick which lead to their equalizer on the 66th minute after some brilliant passing left Shojaei Masoud clear on goal. He slotted the ball home to make it 1-1.

After that it was all Osasuna as they came close again twice in 10 minutes. Then disaster struck for Espanyol as Pandiani headed the ball into the back of the net making it 2-1 to Osasuna.

Espanyol had many attempts at goal which they wasted but one chance from Luis Garcia took a lucky deflection and went into the back of the net on the 83rd minute to make it 2-2, the final score.

Marc Hasemore made it clear that he wasn't happy with the way his Espanyol team played and expected better things from his players if they are to be pushing for the title and with Espanyol missing some key players over the next few games some are saying that their run will come to an end very soon.

Despite this draw Espanyol actually pulled away from their rivals after 2nd place Real Madrid lost to Almeira and 3rd place Sevilla drew 3-3 with Athletic Bilbao. Espanyol are now 6 points clear but their next game is away to Sevilla, a must win game.

I just quit Real Madrid because I am scared of Espanyol:rolleyes:

Nah, on a serious note. I don't really concentrate on that Madrid as GC22 Madrid is my fav. And only want one club in each GC so good luck to new manager.

They are field with CM's as well as Robinho, Robben etc ;)

Most players still there - Canna, cassilas, heinze, Ramos, RVN, Sniejder, Diarra etc

Nah' date=' on a serious note. I don't really concentrate on that Madrid as GC22 Madrid is my fav. And only want one club in each GC so good luck to new manager.

Most players still there - Canna, cassilas, heinze, Ramos, RVN, Sniejder, Diarra etc[/quote']

It's got so bad people are just quitting Real Madrids.....?! Hopefully the new manager will leave De La Red & Higuain with me B)

Nah' date=' on a serious note. I don't really concentrate on that Madrid as GC22 Madrid is my fav. And only want one club in each GC so good luck to new manager.

Most players still there - Canna, cassilas, heinze, Ramos, RVN, Sniejder, Diarra etc[/quote']

:(

You will be missed. :(

League is so mine now! :D

Yea the Spanish league might be yours but i rule the GC in general:)

AEK Athens 8-1 FC Twente:p

It was 1-1 at one point:)

I RUUUUULLLEEE :rolleyes:

You may.

You may indeed.

But you also smell. :)

Also, only drew with Porto 2-2 in SMFA cup :mad: Ah well better than losing to tims, eh Allan? :P :p :P