Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

MickeyO

• 1 month later...

Re: Gold Championship 18 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

Sao Paulo confirm new manager

The Sao Paulo chairman confirmed at a press conference after the goalless draw against Santos, that former Santos manager Tadashi Beddie will be taking care of the capital based club. Sao Paulo sit in fourth place in the Brazilian League, a mere 4 points behind 1st place Flamengo, and have a reserved spot in the next round of the Champions Cup as the Brazilian outfit is 1st place in group B with a 6 point difference from 2nd placed West Ham.

"Although I would like to win the games against West Ham, I can not risk the full first team as we need to do better in the league."

If Sao Paulo win or tie this game, they finish the group stages of the Champions Cup as first place.

Also, the team is looking to freshen up their squad...

Everyone but Diego have a chance of leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after losing in the Cup Final to Notts County last season, I've finally won my first piece of silverware in the Game World. :D

Leeds beat Blackburn 4-0 in the Shield Final with my second string to secure a place in Europe for the first time.

Things not going so well in the league (sit 12th. 12 points off relegation zone, 11 off SMFA Cup. 5 off a shield spot, although that means nothing after winning the Shield).

Team has improved again:

Bohush 88

Marcano 87 - Rever 88 - Emerson 87

Soloman 87

Colunga 87 - Jean 87 - Cossu 87 - Ekrem Dag 87

Tardelli 88 - Boselli 88

• 1 month later...

Leeds are back in the big time baby! pow10.gif

smleedscl.png

Season 1 - Division 3; 3rd, play-off finalists

Season 2 - Division 3; Champions

Season 3 - Division 2; Champions, [English Cup Finalists]

Season 4 - Division 1; 4th (SMFA Cup), [English Shield Champions]

Don't know how we managed it. We've been between 7th and 12th for most of the season, and with six games to go we were 10th. But a good burst of form saw us storm into the Shield places, and in Turn 37 we secured a Shield spot (not that it mattered, having already won the English Shield). But it was incredibly close, and defeat would have seen us come 7th, victory could have seen us go 3rd.

We played Man City in the last game of the season, a 1-0 win saw us shoot into the top four for the first, and last time all season, but more importantly, we went 4th in the most vital turn - the last turn of the season. We also knocked City out of the Shield positions.

Bring on the SMFA Cup. B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MR. HAMMER

40_front_small.png306_1206064924.gif259_front_small.png

PREE SEASON TALK FROM BRIZIL:

The 5th season starts tomorow for São Paulo thay have a game against Flamengo in the Charity Shield Final the game will see some new players for the Brizil team who finish 2nd last season thay have managed to get Álvaro Arbeloa and Pablo Maxi Rodriguez from Liverpool in a deal that sore Brizil ace Ribas Diego leave after 62 games in Brizil also in Braking news AC Milan has came to a deal with the Brizil side for Nicklas Bendtner the X Arsenal player joined for 500K and has played 45 games in Italy with 26 goals the ace is joining the team for a record fee beleved to be 18.8M and he is under going a medical today and could be on the team sheat for tomorow nights game.

bendtner_633567259634687500.jpg

the 22 year old moving to sunny brizil for italy

• 1 month later...

A shout out to Harvey who eventually managed to beat me on Saturday night with his Milan - well not so much beat but thrash - still top thou and retaining the title again is still the aim

Cheers mate - took a long time but after countless attempts I finally did it :P To be fair the stats were very close, if anything slightly in your favour so I had a little bit of luck.

chelseaBADGE.jpg

Will Do A Detailed Match Report Later , Chelsea Have a new manager;

Players That Can Go :

Essien

Frings

Taddei

Deco

Those 4 Can Go 2 For One That Will Give Me The Depth I Need,

PM Me To Negotate

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

La_Gazzetta_dello_Sport_logo.png

DOUBLE JOY FOR MILAN

200705240027_76527.jpg

AC_Milan.jpgacmilan-home-0910_1250_thumb.jpg2-0 1592422434.jpgreal-madrid-badge.gif

Skrtel 46'

Nasri 65'

Team News

The two most successful clubs in European football locked horns at the Estadio Azteca last night in what shaped up to be a memorable SMFA Champions Cup Final. Both Milan and Real Madrid had already wrapped up their domestic league titles, and were looking to add to their trophy cabinet. Milan made two changes from the side that lost the Italian Cup final - Gennaro Gattuso and Daniele de Rossi both being left out of the starting XI due to Harvey changing from a 3-5-2 to a diamond formation. In came Martin Skrtel to partner Pepe at the heart of the defence, and Goran Pandev returned to the side partnered with Emmanuel Adebayor up front. Real Madrid shocked pundits and fans alike by leaving out big name stars such as Kaka, Diego Milito and Robinho.

Handanovic

S. Ramos ---- Skrtel ---- Pepe ---- Cissokho

Essien

Beckham ------------------------------- Nasri

Ronaldinho

Pandev ---- Adebayor

Quagliarella

Alberto ---------------------------------- Pavlenko

Ambrosini ---- De La Red

Gago

Marcelo ---- Kaladze ---- Heinze ---- Ziegler

Casillas

Viewers anticipating an exciting, end-to-end game of football were left disappointed by the early exchanges, as both sides looked more eager not to concede rather than score themselves. Neither keeper was tested up until the 25th minute when Iker Casillas tipped a David Beckham free kick round the post. 10 minutes before the interval, ex-Milan player Massimo Ambrosini tried his luck with a well-struck overhead kick but it didn't trouble Samir Handanovic. Referee Jon Moss brought a drab first half to an end and, as the song goes, things can only get better.

An early break through was just what was needed to spark the game into life, and that's exactly what it got when Michael Essien's deflected strike earned a corner for Rossoneri. David Beckham picked out Martin Skrtel whose first header was saved by Casillas but the Slovakian defender followed up with a toe poke to break the deadlock. Real Madrid searched for an equaliser with both Aleksandr Pavlenko and Fernando Gago going close, before Milan doubled their advantage. A loose ball from Ambrosini gifted Samir Nasri the ball and the Frenchman jinked inside Gabriel Heinze and slotted the ball coolly past Casillas. Despite Madrid's efforts, the remaining 20 minutes of the game were fairly comfortable for Milan and they held on for the 2-0 victory.

• 3 months later...
Guest MR. HAMMER

Well Paulo are close to a top 2 finish now just looks dead when aiming for the league lol.

Anyway looking for deals have a 92 - 91 for PE need 2-1 deals.

• 3 months later...

Hello Hello Hello Hello (Their echo's by the way :D)

I took over Barcelona around 2 months ago and i'm yet to do a single deal with a human :rolleyes:.

I lack some real depth so evreyone's available if you want to negotiate then just PM me :).

This GC is dead, it has been for for ages. Bayern have been looking to sell Lahm,, Schweinsteiger and Lucio for a few seasons now. Only offers in the GC are cash.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hereford, having just achieved their 4th successive promotion, start life off nice and slow, with an away trip to Old Trafford! :eek:

At least the Chairman has faith in us,

This season your Chairman expects you to finish in the top half of the table.

Lots of faith seeing,

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 4,946 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 19,937.

Thanks Mr. Chairman! An SMFA spot is our goal, well, that and to avoid relegation! :D

• 3 years later...

Olympique Marseille Manager Speaks to press

150px-Olympique_de_Marseille_logo.svg.png

New Marseille Manager Mr Shane McGrory has spoken to the press today for the first time since taking control of the the club new after the sacking of the former gaffer

kevin burrows.

-

Taking to the press for the first time Mr McG said "Its going to be a great challenge with this indifferent Marseille side. I am looking forward to bringing them back to the very top of European football. My targets will be to lead Marseille to their first league success in a horrid 13 years, and then try and establish ourselves as a top European Kingpin. I look forward to my battles with Olympique Lyonnais Manager Mr HoW who has dominated the domestic scene for some time."

-

McG has moved quickly to add some huge experience and class to his current squad signing the unmissable

Z.IBRAHIMOVIC as the main focus of an exciting attacking team along with the cool experienced heads of MELO, Felipe and TOTTI, Francesco. He plans to keep things fresh and add top class quality in the upcoming months.

-

ShaneMcG promises the fans a great attacking line up with silky football from the new Marseille under his guidance. He asks the fans to be patient as he moulds his team together in the coming months.

-

He welcomes ALL PMs regarding squad, many players for exchange just make a BID or PM to discuss....

220px-Zlatan_Ibrahimovi%C4%87-2.jpg