30 M + Giovani Dos Santos + Stevan Jovetic for Bojan?

So, do you guys think this is a good deal? Cash doesn't really have much value in my setup as all the top players have been taken, but would come in handy signing youth prospects from external clubs. I'm the owner of Bojan btw. Please let me know your thoughts on the deal. Any help at all would be much appreciated and will be rewarded with rep. ;)

Re: 30 M + Giovani Dos Santos + Stevan Jovetic for Bojan?

Although Bojan arguably has more potential and has done more so far in his young career than the other two, I can't help but think this is not a good deal. The other side of the deal is getting two youngsters, who easily could end up having a better career than Bojan even if doesn't look that way currently. On top of that 30 million could buy an established star. No deal is my opinion if you're getting Bojan :o

I fear all discussion will be academic anyway as there is no way this deal will pass the chairman stage :(

Although Bojan arguably has more potential and has done more so far in his young career than the other two' date=' I can't help but think this is not a good deal. The other side of the deal is getting two youngsters, who easily could end up having a better career than Bojan even if doesn't look that way currently. On top of that 30 million could buy an established star. No deal is my opinion if you're getting Bojan :o

I fear all discussion will be academic anyway as there is no way this deal will pass the chairman stage :([/quote']

Well, that problem can be overcome by doing the deals separately, i.e. he buys Bojan for 30 M (or whatever) + Dos Santos and then I buy Jovetic with the cash.

I'm the one who's selling Bojan so should I do the deal?

Personally id keep bojan, as smartdoc says it probably wont go through anyway. Bojan is more known and weve all seen more of him, which makes it less wrisky. Barca obviously dont rate Dos Santos as highly, hence the move to spurs. Cant see Jovetic becoming as good as Bojan, and if you say the 30m wont do much good, i say no deal!

hope this helps mate! :)

Well' date=' that problem can be overcome by doing the deals separately, i.e. he buys Bojan for 30 M (or whatever) + Dos Santos and then I buy Jovetic with the cash.

I'm the one who's selling Bojan so should I do the deal?[/quote']

If you are selling Bojan, I feel it's a good deal for you, although Danny's point is also valid :) . The deal still won't go through even if you split it. Even 30m alone for Bojan might not go through :eek:

Although I do agree on most terms in Smartdocs response, I have a few problems. A) Mexican players usually don't develop into good players in England, and I don't see Giovani Dos Santos getting very far, I think he will be a nery castillo type of player. B) I think Stevan Jovetic is another prospect that really won't get anywhere. C) Bojan will be the next Messi, and he is one of the few players that I would never sell, unless offered a under29 96 rated player. But ofcourse Smartdoc is wise in his opinion so Idk :P.

For Me it is: No deal, keep Bojan

I'd sell him. Jovetic has just signed for Fiorentina, and looks like being a squad player (much like Bojan was). I can see Jovetic hitting 89 or so next season. As for Giovani, he should be playing regularly for Spurs next season, and is likely to play for the Mexican national team as well, so he might even hit 90+.

I'd definitely do the deal.

Guest beardo

I'd sell him. Jovetic has just signed for Fiorentina' date=' and looks like being a squad player (much like Bojan was). I can see Jovetic hitting 89 or so next season. As for Giovani, he should be playing regularly for Spurs next season, and is likely to play for the Mexican national team as well, so he might even hit 90+.

I'd definitely do the deal.[/quote']

i totally agree with Seftinho. There has been so much talk about Giovani Dos Santos all over the forum. more than Bojan. I am sure Dos Santos will rise when the english rating changes are done so in the long-term a brilliant buy.

accept right away. not only do you get two great young talents, you also get 30m with that which could go to even more young talents.

its a great opportunity to boost your team

Guest beardo

not a chance will bojan reach that rating in the future. He isnt that amazing no matta who he was to plays for. 94 is more realistic in a few years time.

its a good deal

You will regret it in 3 years when you have two 92's that won't rise much more' date=' and you see Bojan with a 95, on course for a 97. :D[/quote']

Right. Lets have a look into my crystal ball...

In 3 years time, Bojan will be a starter for Barcelona who will by then have been relegated because no-one likes them. He will be behind Torres and Villa in the pecking order of the national team and he will therefore commit suicide. His rating will drop to 88.9, but he will stay on the game as a mark of respect.

Jovetic will become English, will partner Wayne Rooney and will score a hat-trick to beat Germany 4-2 in ET in World Cup 2010. His rating will be 99 because everyone will like him.

Whilst Giovani will become Mexico captain, before losing interest in football. But he will pay SM off £10m to be rated 1,000,000.

So it looks like it's a good deal. :D Of course this could be wrong, my crystal ball is known to be -2.5% accurate.

I think if Bojan is pivotal to your squad then don't do it. His potential is unlimited.

But that is a lot of money, and Gio could get a rise if breaks in at Tottenham. He seems like a timid player to me but maybe he'll grow out of it.

I do agree with the earlier post however that the chairman won't approve the deal.

not a chance will bojan reach that rating in the future. He isnt that amazing no matta who he was to plays for. 94 is more realistic in a few years time.

its a good deal

He isn't that amazing? Are you sure?! Making his debut for Barcelona only as month after turning 17 and scored over 800 goals in the various Barca youth teams. He's also scored regularly for the Spanish youth teams and was called up to the full national team but didn't play as he was injured.

Barca sold Giovani who in himself is a great player, simply because they have Bojan and rate him more highly.

This kid will be one of the worlds best players within 2-3 years.

He isn't that amazing? Are you sure?! Making his debut for Barcelona only as month after turning 17 and scored over 800 goals in the various Barca youth teams. He's also scored regularly for the Spanish youth teams and was called up to the full national team but didn't play as he was injured.

Barca sold Giovani who in himself is a great player' date=' simply because they have Bojan and rate him more highly.

This kid will be one of the worlds best players within 2-3 years.[/quote']

Totally agree with this. I have Bojan and he is simply not for sale. It is always a risk getting rid of such a young talent because you dont know just how good they will become.

You will regret it in 3 years when you have two 92's that won't rise much more' date=' and you see Bojan with a 95, on course for a 97. :D[/quote']

That just sums up my reckoning on the issue. I've always felt that Dos Santos and Jovetic are soild, 90+ players - but nothing more than that. While Bojan - he's got tremendous potential and to me he looks like the new Lionel Messi. I mean a guy rated 89 at the tender age of 17 says it all, doesn't it? :eek:

Plus, the cash would get me nowhere since all the good players (established and young) have already been taken, so it's basically a player exchange deal which, according to Smartdoc, wouldn't go through anyway :P

So after much deliberation I've decided not to go ahead with the deal. Thanx to all you guys for your help, it's been greatly appreciated. :)

Right. Lets have a look into my crystal ball...

In 3 years time' date=' Bojan will be a starter for Barcelona who will by then have been relegated because no-one likes them. He will be behind Torres and Villa in the pecking order of the national team and he will therefore commit suicide. His rating will drop to 88.9, but he will stay on the game as a mark of respect.

Jovetic will become English, will partner Wayne Rooney and will score a hat-trick to beat Germany 4-2 in ET in World Cup 2010. His rating will be 99 because everyone will like him.

Whilst Giovani will become Mexico captain, before losing interest in football. But he will pay SM off £10m to be rated 1,000,000.

So it looks like it's a good deal. :D Of course this could be wrong, my crystal ball is known to be -2.5% accurate.[/quote']

LMAO this ^

i think tht crystal ball comment was taking the mickey out of realx7madrid and his future predictions. :D

you see realx7madrid, things dont work out as clearly as they seem, such as the ammount of players tht were tipped to become the next diego maradona. out of all of them, messi is the only one who has achieved his potential.

you cant honestly say tht jovetic is a prospect that will do nothing because you dont no that, any of these 3 players could turn out better, its how they mature.