Phil Jagielka

bKizzle!

Phil Jagielka

Phil_Jagielka.jpg

Phil Jagielka is an English international who plays for Everton in the English Premier League. He is known for his versatility, being able to play as a midfielder, defender, and in emergencies has acted as goalkeeper.

A former Sheffield United player, he was their Player of the Year for three years running, ('05-'07) and he has also been named the inaugural Championship Player of the Year for the 2005-06 season.

Prior to his transfer to Everton, he was usually employed as a midfielder, however after the transfer, he has played at center back.

His first season at Everton saw him on the bench for the first few months. However, he broke into the first team after very many flawless performances. He recently made his England debut against Trinidad & Tabago in a 3-0 victory.

In his career he has been linked with moves to Leeds United, West Ham, Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, and of course Everton.

The 25 year old who has been hailed as a 'defender in the John Terry mold' is currently an 88 in rating, and would cost you approximately £7.5m. He should rise to a 90/91 next season. A stable defender.

Re: Phil Jagielka

I don't understand what I've done?

The idea of this section is to post about players that no-one's heard of, and give us some info about someone. Or in your case, if there is a known player who you think will rise next season for sure (like Konko, Rensing, etc) then simply say why this player will rise. But don't post about a player like Jagielka that everyone knows, acting as if he's unheard of and is your find.

Don't just jump on his back telling him this is posted in the wrong section...Just tell him where he should have posted it...

A lot of newcomers have been put down for making threads when they shouldn't...Remember, you were a newb once...Have a bit of respect and try and help instead of just criticisig...

As for Jagielka.....I think he is very under rated....He took a little while to settle in at Everton, but now, is their best defender, far better than Yobo and Lescott.

Why is 90/91 so far out of the question? I know that its unlikely that SM will make a massive increase for any player like Jagielka but saying he is 90/91 potential is not that laughable....

And why anyone has mentioned Hargreaves is beyond me....He is utter poo....90 at best....You cant even compare the two like...lol

Lets say Jagielka is better than Lescott, which is a far better comparison and with Lescott being 90, surely Jag should be higher?

Phil Jagielka

Phil_Jagielka.jpg

Phil Jagielka is an English international who plays for Everton in the English Premier League. He is known for his versatility' date=' being able to play as a midfielder, defender, and in emergencies has acted as goalkeeper.

A former Sheffield United player, he was their Player of the Year for three years running, ('05-'07) and he has also been named the inaugural Championship Player of the Year for the 2005-06 season.

Prior to his transfer to Everton, he was usually employed as a midfielder, however after the transfer, he has played at center back.

His first season at Everton saw him on the bench for the first few months. However, he broke into the first team after very many flawless performances. He recently made his England debut against Trinidad & Tabago in a 3-0 victory.

In his career he has been linked with moves to Leeds United, West Ham, Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, and of course Everton.

The 25 year old who has been hailed as a 'defender in the John Terry mold' is currently an 88 in rating, and would cost you approximately £7.5m. He should rise to a 90/91 next season. A stable defender.[/quote']

For a new member, that post was well put together. Even though it was about a player everyones heard of, I may rep for the professional layout.

Ive got Jagielka in one of my teams. He took time to settle in at Everton. He was bought primarily as a CM as thats where he played at Sheff Utd. But with the likes of Cahill, Arteta, Fernandes, Gravesen and P. Neville, Jagielka didnt get much playing time. Then, Lescott was moved over to the left replacing Baines who had a poor season. This left a gap, which Jagielka took. This prompted Moyes to sign Antony Gardner as back-up. He's obviously done something right as hes been called up to the international squad.

Dont be put off by some of the responses. A word of advice is that this section (Player Talent Scout) is more for unveiling star talent which are relatively unknown to people. This would probably better in the Player Ratings section.

Also, when looking for info on Jagielka about international apps, I went on wikipedia. That was very similar to your report. In future, dont copy and paste wikipedia onto here. Anyone can edit whats on Wikipedia. I could go on and write that Jagielka is a fireman or an astronaut!

Once again, dont be put off and if you havent already, introduce yourself in the relevant section. There you can make friends instantly and forumers will give you advice and tips. After a while, you should fit in to the SM community nicely. When I first joined I felt outcast, and I made the odd post whcih made people mad. But after answering a few peoples crys for help and getting involved with setups and the Playray Pool league, ive made lots of friends and even started attracting them to play in my crummy league :D

Thanks for reading

Sorry Welshman but I have to say that Lescott is better than Jagielka.

Im not a fan of Lescott. I hear people say, 'Oh, he's the best player in the EPL cos he scored the most goals for a defender last season.' Its not a defenders job to score goals, he's supposed to stop goals. Oh sure, theres nothing wrong with a defender scoring goals for their team, if it wins them a match, it helps big-time. But when you're joint second scorer at your club with Cahill and Johnson, and you only keep 14 clean sheets when Champions Man utd kept 30, Id rather have a solid defender than a goal-scoring one. Defenders shouldnt be judged on goals scored. If that was the case, Lescott and Laursen would be two of the best in the world.

Guest King Kolo

Ok they only kept 14 Clean Sheets but Lescott wasn't to blame for all the goals that went in was he?

He probably didn't play some of them.

Ok they only kept 14 Clean Sheets but Lescott wasn't to blame for all the goals that went in was he?

He probably didn't play some of them.

I suppose so. I still believe Lescott has a lot to learn though. For instance' date=' Lescott was drafted into left-back. It was when he played left-back that he made the England squad [b'](purely on the goals he has scored, there was nothing else impressive about him)[/b] When he came on for England, he played centre-back, replacing Terry and Ferdinand on each occasion. But, because he played LB for Everton, he kept running forward. A centre-back stays back. If Everton buy a new left-back, or Baines gets back in the squad, Lescott will benefit and perhaps get back into Capello's plans. So far, I dont believe Lescott is England-ready. Jagielka is on the edge, mainly due to versatility, but he would make a good replacement for Ledley King in the international setup.

Well if you didn't like it' date=' why dish it out now? When people start being nice, this forum will end up a better place.[/quote']

Well said! Although it wasnt really Seftinho who was 'dishing it out.' Over the past few weeks there have been a number of instances where relative newcomers have posted thinking they were doing right, only to be shot down by criticism. Then when the thread attracts attention and stays near the top of the new posts list, more and more people add to the criticism.

I say this honestly, if I had only joined in the past few weeks, I wouldnt have stayed.

Take that into consideration before you prepare to unleash criticism on the newer members.

(purely on the goals he has scored' date=' there was nothing else impressive about him)[/i']

That is just wrong - Lescott has improved a lot in the last year or so and has done well for Everton....I have never believed he is good enough to play for England but nobody picks a defender cos he has scored a few goals

• 11 months later...

Player's player of the season, fan's player of the season, Barclay's player of the month for February 2009, scored a penalty at Wembley to send Everton into an FA cup final, and now 3 England caps under his belt.

And he will never go up to 91?

Wow...

Player's player of the season' date=' fan's player of the season, Barclay's player of the month for February 2009, scored a penalty at Wembley to send Everton into an FA cup final, and now 3 England caps under his belt.

And he will never go up to 91?

Wow...[/quote']

ok he will really struggle to get 91 tbh and he is also injured end of last season maybe coming back now i am not sure

i know he is a great player i watch him play and seeing him i think talent = could be 91 but SM ratings wise eg what club you play for he will struggle i know everton are almost big 4 in EPL but sm will not move him to 91 soon tbh....

my opinion : he could go upto 91 but not for at least 2 / 3 years but it is definately possible