Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Bournemouth Manager Adam Johnson has said, if you look what iv won with other clubs, and look what the St.Johnstone manager has won at previous clubs, you know im a better manager. I think he has won only three honours . . . ( checked you profile :P :p )

What is interesting that he has only added a handful of players to the club, while i have transformed the team.

If he took the time to look he would know, if he had any knowledge about him that i have some of the best youngsters in the world and beat big teams to the signature.

Bournemouth 2-2 Huddersfield

Against stronger opposition Johnsons young guns lead by 2 old heads got the season off with a draw. Something Johnson will take, was an even game, but Huddersfield score a very late equaliser.

( got two points on my profile though :) )

evertonskin2.jpg

Everton could just not overpower Manchester United.

EVERTON.gifEverton 0-2Manchester United manutd.gif

Daniel Bolams side lost to Manchester United yesterday by two goals to Zero at Goodison park, Wayne Rooney and David Villa got the Goals . Daniel Said After the game '' I think we were unlucky tonight , however nice it would have been to win i feel that Manchester United are a fantastic side , and we went into that game expected to Lose , so on wedensday we have Underdogs of the Premiership Hull City so hopefully are Class will show and we can win by a few goals.

Fans and football supporters have been waiting for the self proclaimed more special than the special one to speak to the media since Colchester United manager Justice gave fans some one sided appraisal of the court session in which St Johnstone maganer sued for defamation.

Speaking exclusively to TAY fm' date=' Mat Mourinho had the following comments to offer.

"Firstly, in regards to Palermo and their manager, whatever happened with Fontana is irrelevant. He is a clown. I will speak no further on the issue."

"I was happy with the 4-4 draw with Bournemouth. It was a long way to travel, and even with 9 men Rocco managed to score to even the score with 5 to go. The Bournemouth manager must be blind thinking we has a better team considering Balotelli and their 2 signings from the South American nursing home played 90 minutes. I dont know what game he was watching, but I wouldnt expect much from Bournemouth this season. Plus their pies are second rate chit.

"As I expected we won our first league fixture this evening against a quality Livingston team. Nobody could argue with Innes' red card, it was a blatant red card. We made tough work of it but totally dominated possession and thanks to the screamer from Lanzafame 2 minutes from time we got the win we fully deserved."

"Clyde will be easy meat next game at home. I will remind our fans that our sexy cheer girls will be handing out my hand made pies at half time, Clyde fans will also receive a pie."

In other news, St Johnstone have challenged Colchester United to a friendly on the 15th of July. Although reported otherwise, generous St Johnstone manager Mat Mourinho has offered all Colchester United fans travelling to Mc Diarmid a free pie made by himself, as he feels sorry for the **** they serve down there in Essex.[/quote']

accepted the challange and don't offend Essex thats were i am from :D :D and can't wait for Friendly

Sporting_Clube_de_Portugal.png

The Sporting News

The Lions opened the season up yesterday with a 2-0 win over Vitória de Guimarães behind 2 goals from Villazul. Cesar Villazul claimed the Man Of The Match.Sporting move up to first place in the Division to start the season.

11:GOAL!! - How did that go in?!? A terrible fumble by the keeper gifts César VILLALUZ with an easy chance!

67: GOAL!! - César VILLALUZ rises majestically and heads the inswinging corner into the net!

Transfer News

Christian Benitez arrived at the José Alvalade and will join the team for practices. Great things are expected from this young striker and we look forward to seeing him perform as he will be a starter for the team.

Sporting will host Nacional da Madeira in the team next match

Valencia_CF.png

Valencia Overview

Valencia went under alot of changes for last nights game, a new manager, new beliefs, new players, but could they open the season in style?

Deportivo La Coruna 0-4 Valencia

Date: Saturday 2nd August 2008 (8pm K/O)

Referee: Sorin Corpodean (Romania)

Stadium: Riazor (Deportivo)

Valencia threw in debuts for winger Jesus Navas and Argentine striker Carlos Tevez. Raul Albiol was officially handed the captains armband and new loan signing Vinicius Breno was handed his place on the bench shortly after arriving at Valencia.

Valencia (3-5-2):

Hildebrand

Miguel

Moretti

Raul Albiol ©

Marchena

Albelda

Jesus Navas (debut)

Baraja

Morientes

Tevez (debut)

David Silva

Breno (awaiting debut)

Helguera

Angulo

Hosny (awaiting debut)

Zigic

valenciavdeportivo.jpg

First Half:

It was Deportivo who started the strongest, with striker Omar Bravo testing Valencia keeper Timo Hildebrand early on, Hildrebrand done a reflex save to stop it being 1-0 to the home side. Just 10 minutes gone, Deportivo were at it again, but Hildebrand done enough to keep a blazing header out of the goal. It was then Valencia's turn to attack with their counter attacking play, with Carlos Tevez pulled a successful one-on-one into a goal, thumping the ball into the net past Dudu Aouate, his first goal for Valencia and on his debut. A quick 3 minutes of attacking pressure from Deportivo came to nothing when captain Raul Albiol took command of the game and stopped Andrés Guardado from scoring. Valencia then took another chance of counter attacking, David Silva losing his marker to make keeper Dudu Aouate at full stretch from 30 yards to tip his effort wide of the post. Emiliano Moretti got Valencia's first yellow card, diving in the box but the referee had none of it. Just moments later, a Deportivo defensive scramble led to debutant Carlos Tevez's brace after he took advantage and slotted it home to make it 2-0 to the visitors. Jesus Navas had a chance to make it 3-0, but his effort was all but over when he hit the post. Raul Albiol had another moment of highlight, getting a yellow card when he had an off the ball incident with Omar Bravo, and then he intercepted a goal-creating pass and cleared the danger.

Half Time: Deportivo La Coruna 0-2 Valencia

Second Half:

It was Valencia who started the strongest this time, 4 minutes gone and midfielder Rubén Baraja scored a powerful header from a David Silva cross to make it 3-0 to the visitors. A golden opportunity came for David Albelda but he blew the chance and he will be having flashbacks of that! Terrific play from Valencia's midfield led to a cross from David Silva, only for a Morientes header to hit the post. Vinicius Breno then came on for Carlos Marchena, making his debut for Valencia, only to be booked a minute later for a late tackle. Deportivo then regained their ground in the 2nd half, with a shot just going over from Xisco. Julian De Guzman also had an attempt but it wasn't to be as an easy tap-in went wide of the goal. The Valencia wingers were dominating yet again as a cross to Carlos Tevez was rued as he missed the chance to get his 3rd goal of the match. A corner was then given to Valencia, but a David Silva cross led to a clearance out of the box but it fell to Rubén Baraja who hit it on the volley to get his 2nd goal of the match and for Valencia's 4th goal. Deportivo then had a chance of scoring 2 goals in the last 5 minutes, but these attempted shots did not trouble the Valencia defence.

Full Time: Deportivo La Coruna 0-4 Valencia

Attendance: 33,909

MoM: Carlos Tevez (Valencia)

Stats

Valencia dominated with 63%, 8 corners but 4 yellow cards, Deportivo had 17 shots, only 5 on target.

statsdeportivo.jpg

Comments

Valencia Manager (Tom Sinar): "Well it's great to get a first win here at Valencia, we played amazing tonight, all round I reckon we done brilliant. It's nice to see all the team working together and for us to get an early lead on the table, hopefully we can keep this up on Wednesday. It's the start of the season, so every team will be hard, we will be looking to dominate La Liga and to hopefully be title challenges, but it's only the start of the season so it's a great start for me and for Valencia this season. A good game tonight".

Valencia Captain (Raul Albiol): "It's great for us to win like we did, Deportivo were a hard opposition but we done our best and we won. It's great to be captain and we can certainly do better than we did tonight, I know it. But it's brilliant to see Tevez get 2 goals on his debut because he's a fantastic person to work with. Getting a yellow card wasn't too bad but I hope to not get any more bookings for a while. I was pleased with my performance, as a leader and a defender, but we have to stick together to win more and hopefully we can continue like this in the season".

League Table

The emphatic 4-0 victory against Deportivo shoots Valencia top of the league, on goal difference, ahead by 2 goals over Real Betis, Real Madrid and Valladolid in the top 4.

leaguetable-1.jpg

Next 10 Fixtures

In the next 10 fixtures, Valencia have 6 home games and 4 away games, the highlighted matches will be against Atlético Madrid, Espanyol and Sevilla.

Note: These fixtures are subject to change due to the Spanish Cup and Shield competition.

next10-1.jpg

Transfer Rumours

• Valencia are set to seal the deal on Mario Gomez (The Sun)

• Sinar is expected to bring in 2 new defenders within the next 3 days (Daily Mail)

• Raul Albiol has been linked with a move to Chelsea, with Ashley Cole reportedly being involved in the deal (Various)

• Inside sources say that Sinar is expected to make an enquiry of Bayer Leverkusen goalie Rene Adler (Mestalla Mail)

Jesus Navas loving life at Valencia

Jesus Navas arrived at Valencia on Tuesday morning, from Leigh Auston's Sevilla, for a fee of Joaquin and Mata. Navas claims despite the excellent managerial expertise of new Sevilla manager Auston, he wanted to come to Valencia as soon as they came knocking on the door. Navas, 22, who played his debut last night against Deportivo made an assist and helped Valencia to a 4-0 victory.

Speaking after the match against Deportivo, Navas had this to say, "To be playing for Valencia is a dream, I am loving it here, to be on the right wing and help Valencia is fantastic for me as at my age, all I want is first team football. I am learning off of David Silva as he plays on the left wing and like me, he has a fantastic career ahead of him and he plays for Spain. We get on so well and it's just brilliant to play with him, knowing he will be on the left makes my game better as we both share the same ambitions. I do hope for a few goals this season, as well as loads of assists, so I will enjoy every game I play and hopefully it will make it worth while".

4663656DavidSilva_dd_g.jpg

(Valencia young guns, Navas and Silva, will dominate the wings in Spain)

That's it from the Mestalla for now, hope you enjoyed reading this and we will be back on Wednesday with more match action!

Mestalla.jpg

B)

mnu.jpg

Everton 0 - 2 Manchester United

The newley formed partnership between wayne rooney and david villa played out to be an important one as manchester united outfought everton away from home to pick up 3 points in their first game.

Rooney opened the scoring 21st minute and villa made sure fo the tie on 58minute seizing on a defensive error.

Transfer News

Christiano Ronaldo completed his move from manchester United last night after lots of negitiotion between several clubs. Real Madrid had an offer of sergio ramos and robinho accpeted only for the spanish sides chairman to close the deal. After several discussions between the 2 managers real pulled out of negitionations to bring ronaldo to madrid in a 2 part deal.

Step in Inter milan the italian champions who have been busy in the transfer market also had an offer of Maicon and Cambiasso accpeted only for Manchester United manager Dan Walmsley to cancel the deal at the last moment.

Liverpool offered Torres and 30mil but to no avial with Chelsea offering essien and carvolho or kalou only to see their attempts overturned.

Finally Barcelona the Catalan giants saw their first bid of iniesta and puyol rejected but accepted a counter offer of hleb and iniesta and the deal went through this morning.

United are in talks with a striker after seeing their bid for parma forward lucarelli. United are currently short upfront with only Rooney and villa assisted buy Manucho who is believed to be involved in the deal.

mnu.jpg

Transfer News

Manchester United today revealed that Wayne Rooney has left Old Trafford and made his journey to the San Siro in a swap deal with Zlatan Ibrahomivic and Leito Adriano. Manager Dan Walmsley had to say 'It's sad to see wayne go but with few attacking options this was one of the ways we could not only sustain the quality of our attack but also add to the quantity.'

The deal also involves 3 other players with RB Maicon headed to old trafford today for a medical which if passed successfully will allow united to unveil him as their second signing in 2 days. The deal is believed to involve owen Hargreaves and John O Shea, Maicon will partner Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra across the back 4.

United also announced a deal with Shorpe United which means that they will bring CB youngster Jack Cork to Old Trafford in the next couple of days. The deal reported to be around 3million also includes the option to loan ben foster for the season. Johnny Evans has also gone on loan to Shorpe although it is believed he may be called back later in the season as defensive cover when the domestic and european cups begin.

Finally, the deal for Christaiano Luccarili isn't off just yet although United pulled the plug on the deal after reaching an agreement with Internationazle regarding rooney. Manager Dan walmsley has confirmed he is still interested in the player as back up to Ibrahmovic, villa and Adriano. Dan said 'It's important we keep a big enough squad to be able to fight on all fronts, you look at some of the squad rosters and they may not have enough resources to compete fully this season which is why i've tried to keep the squad big enough. There are 3 players out on loan who will be called back as the schedule builds up. It means we have 2 players in every positions and the replacements are quality ones also.'

More news to follow on the above transfer stories.

Guest Atkin

Atkin appointed as Newell's Old Boys boss.

120px-NewellsOldBoys.png

Atkin arrived at El Coloso del Parque in Argentina last night to dicuss a contract and commented he couldn't be more delighted.

This is Atkin's first management job as he hopes to succeed with the club.

Atkin commented:

I have been given a generous budget of £15.6M in which I hope to bring in 1 or 2 decent players.

This a great club and I am proud to be here.

He will be placing a few top plays of the TFL tonight to generate some cash.

Including: RE, Germán & CABRERA, Nicolás.

(This is my first GC post so don't rip me! :D )

colchester_layer_road_203x152.jpg

24_1191306687.gifColchester United Vs Shorpe United69_1203488261.gif

(Match Preview)

Wednesday Night Colchester Face Shorpe United at home, Colchester drew there opening game to Hartlpool United on Saturday and are hoping for a win Wednesday as they need to pick up points through out all season if they hope to gain promotion. Shorpe will be a hard team to face with Ben Foster in Goal and Johnny Evans at the back the on loan Manchester United duo will be hard to beat especially the English international Goalkeeper Ben Foster also they have bought in Jermain Beckford and Craig Beattie who will be a very hard strike force to stop but we hope our defense can handle it. also we hope Sheringham and Vaughan can Provide the goals needed also new striker and winger Mputu could make his debut of the bench and also Colchester have made a few changes to the side who drew on Saturday whilst Shorpe might make some changes to the starting XI who lost on Saturday as Evans and Foster arrived they will probably start the game. alos Colchester will hand a debut to Caroma they Midfielder will start the game and will play all 90minutes.

LEEDS START WITH A WIN

leeds united got off to a flyer at the weekend in there opening game against shorpe united.

leeds were away at glanford park and dominated the game winning 3-1.

the goals came from loan signing giovanni dos santos and new club captain alvaro recoba bagged a brace.

next game see's leeds playing at home to doncaster and leeds are expecting at least 30000 fans at elland road on wednesday night.

on the transfer front

players brought in on permanant deals

sergio duda 6million from sevilla

alvaro recoba 5million from inter milan

bruno berner 3million from blackburn

eirik bakke p/e from sk brann

loan signing's

giovanni dos santo

tom huddlestone

shola ameobi

players available to loan from leeds united

david prutton 81

paul huntington 80

no more players will be sold after jermaine beckford was sold for 4 million

Guest Toggs

61_front_small.gif373_1216646749.jpg106_front_small.gif

Foggia Arrives

Pasquale Foggia has arrived from Lazio for a fee that saw Polish defender Michal Zekalow and 7M move in the opposite direction. The Italian is expected to fit into the side for a debut against Larrisa on wednesday.

5800_1210628292.jpg

Foggia arrives from Lazio

Eguren arrives on loan

Uraguayian midfielder Sebastian Eguren arrives to Villareal on a season-long loan from Spanish outfit Villareal. He is happy with the move and should fill up the role that Ledesma should leave.

9846_1210097562.jpg

Eguren joins on loan

Christian Daniel Ledesma (29,90,CM) can leave for a 88+ Striker. (Should of been Suazo :rolleyes: ). PM me if intrested!

711.gif

Adam Johnson on : Ambitions !

After one game into the season, SMFA news wants to chat to Bournemouth Town, Manager Adam Johnson. The topic in question is Johnsons ambitions for this small club.

Johnson was adamant about his ambitions at this club.

"well as i said in other interviews im adamant that i want to turn this small little club into something a little more respectable, i want to have players that other clubs will be jealous off, and think wow, Bournemouth have come along way."

Johnson went on to discuss his goals for this season and said " Well basically after signing a few more old heads to bulken up the first team, i have no plans to buy anyone at all, thats if no young players with potential come along, and ofcourse, they have to be at the right price. So in the transfer department, i have no plans at all. Concerning the league, im not to sure, i will set this seasons goals after a few more games, although we have some of the worlds greatest talent on our books, other teams have stronger starting players, so im a little worried in that respect. However, at the very minimum im want to finish in the top half of the table."

Johnson was then asked about rivals in the division and in the setup.

" Erm iv got a friendly bit of banter going with Sparky, and being in my division, and a mate, he is always going to be a rival. Other than that iv got a few other rivals in the league, nothing to big though. "

St.Johnstone was soon brought into the conversation " I have no time or respect for their manager, he has slagged off several managers in this league with a relatively small CV and has made repeated attacks on my team. And thats all im gonna say."

180_1197786534.gif

Khalid the Cannibal arrives to Amsterdam

69693.jpg

Boulahrouz will be the leader of the defence this season, Khalid wants to return to the Eredivisie,

and Ajax paid 4 million plus the unwanted player Perez and one of the legends of the team Edgar Davids, to complete the deal.

Now Ajax is ready to bring back the league, after a disappointing start.

evertonskin2.jpg

Daniel Bolam Press Confrence

EVERTON.gif

I suffered a unlucky loss on saturday against Manchester United , they are one of the favourites to win the league this season , but i think we were lucky that it was not 4-0 or 5-0 . Im happy that we have a strong team and we proberly beat every team in the premier league , but all we need are a few more sighning to cap off our team . I will be looking for another forward to play beside Goalscorer Yakubu .

Guest Toggs

okly.jpg

160px-Olympiakos4.svg.png

Larisa (5th) Vs Olympiakos (1st)

In midweek, Olympiakos face theyre first away game of the season against Larisa who have shown on Matchday 1 there not going to be played around with after beating Panithanikos by a goal to nill. The ovious threats they do have are Polish Ex-Celtic striker Marej Zurawski and loanee Wyane Bridge who wont take no prisioners at the back.

Olympiakos on the other hand are playing a stronger squad than ran over Crete on Saturday. Foggia will deputaise and be in the Starting Eleven for the match. Both Torosdis and Salas are expected to start whlist new loanee Eguren is expected to be on the bench, unless Ledesma leaves before Wednesday.

The Alkazar Stadium (13,108) should provide as some hostile atmosphere for Olympiakos. Toggs does think so that the side will take the game seriously as he expects, and show Larisa his side are more than ready too dominate Greece and then the world.

Expected XI

--------------Nikoplodis--------------

----Tosordis---Antzas---Thinen----

-Belluschi--Ledesma--Stoltdis--Barnetta-

--------------Foggia--------------

-------Gomis--------Salas-------

Transfer Front

Toggs is chasing both Dutch International Dirk Kuyt and Spanish striker Alvaro Negredo. SSN understands that both Christian Raul Ledesma and LuaLua are involved in the deals. Toggs hopes to tie up a deal soon for one of them.

Hi guy, I'm the Fenerbahce manager in GC19.

It's just to say that everyone is available for part exchange. That includes Guiza, Lugano, Edu Dracena, Alex & Deivid.

Please offer a replacement player and another of any position.

Oh, and only offer a deal that you'd accept in my position.

Guest Toggs

s_f6be26474e966b260761b23954662a10.jpg

Negredo to join Olympiakos

Tonight, Toggs has agreed a fee that seeing promising young Spanish striker Alvaro Negredo join from Almeria. Both Christian Daniel Ledesma and LuaLua move to Almeria in the deal. Toggs thinks its a great deal and thinks his young strike-force will dominate Greece. Negredo is a cracking prospect and good bussiness for the club. A Gomis, Negredo strike force is one that most managers would want, but i have.

10783.jpg

Negredo set to be a Olympiakos player.

Hull Ready For Everton Battle

Hull city boss C.M has said he is relishing the challenge against good friend Daniel.Bolam tonight and has said his side wont sit back and defend after the 3-1 win over sunderland the lads have confidence. we will go out all guns blazing for the win. everton have a very strong side and will be looking for an easy 3 points.

predicted score :

hull 1-2 everton

GL Dan

711.gif

Bournemouth sign Promising Defender !

gray.jpg

Sea Side football team Bournemouth AFC welcomed ex Manchester United youngster David Gray to Dean Court. The talented youngster went in a deal that was worth around 20 thousand pound, a deal both clubs were delighted with.

After a draw in the opening game of the season, Johnsons men now take on Luton town, and Johnson is hoping for his first win.

LEEDS WIN AGAIN

leeds united had there first home game of the season tonight it was doncaster united's turn to visit elland road.

leeds united came out on top 2-0 watched by 27,548 fans the game started slowly but home fans worrie's were eased on 17 minute's when giovanni dos santos opened the scoring and game continued to be dominanted by leeds but remained tight until sergio duda headed leeds to a comfortable 2-0 victory.

After the game leeds manager terence griffin was delighted with with the win that kept leeds united top of the table.

next game see's leeds united travel to the west country to face bristol rovers on saturday night

Guest Toggs

Olympiakos went down 3-0 to Larissa. Toggs didnt do his tactics and paid the price (Like with alot of other teams :rolleyes: )

Semith Senturk of Fenerbahce could be joining now to partner Gomis upfront after the Negredo deal got blocked.

Valencia_CF.png

Valencia Overview

Sinar's first game of the season ended in a 5-0 demolition win against Deportivo La Coruna, how did his 2nd game go?

Valencia 1-0 Racing Santander

Date: Wednesday 7th August 2008 (8pm K/O)

Referee: William Collum (Scotland)

Venue: Mestalla (Valencia)

Sinar made no changes to the side that thrashed Deportivo 5-0 on Saturday, with Carlos Tevez and Jesus Navas making their home debuts.

Valencia (3-5-2):

Hildebrand

Miguel

Moretti

Raul Albiol ©

Marchena

Albelda

Jesus Navas

Baraja

Morientes

Tevez

David Silva

Breno

Helguera

Angulo

Hosny (awaiting debut)

Zigic

valenciavdeportivo.jpg

First Half:

It was Valencia who started the strongest in this half, wingers Jesus Navas and David Silva could've put Valencia 2-0 in the first 5 minutes, but both their attempts went wide of the goal. Valencia captain Raul Albiol collected his 2nd yellow card tonight, with a reckless challenge which was mistimed. Racing Santander keeper Rodrígues Tono denied Valencia a goal after he saved the rebound from Carlos Tevez. Racing Santander then come out of their shells, testing keeper Timo Hildebrand twice in 3 minutes, both of which were saved by the German. Carlos Marchena was closest to hit Valencia's first goal so far, his chip hitting the bar, watching by glancing eyes as everyone believed it should have gone in. Aldo Duscher had a chance to put Racing Santander up, but the midfielder couldn't get past the commanding Hildebrand. David Silva then dazzled the crowds with his footwork, followed by a low shot which forced a save from Tono. Just 30 minutes gone, holding midfielder Carlos Marchena tapped in the ball to slot home Valencia's first goal after poor communication from the Racing defence. Mohammed Tchite could have levelled Racing up just 4 minutes after, but his 6 yard effort went blazing over the bar.

Half Time: Valencia 1-0 Racing Santander

610x.jpg

(Marchena (right) celebrates with Baraja after scoring the first goal)

Second Half:

Valencia started the strongest again in the match, with David Silva miting his volley from a cross from Jesus Navas. But some fine countering from Racing found themselves nearly scoring but keeper Timo Hildebrand cleared the ball off the line after a defensive crumble. Abd Rabou Hosny made his debut for the Spanish giants, coming on for scorer Carlos Marchena on 60 minutes, with Nicola Zigic replacing Fernando Morientes. Just one minute after coming on, Nicola Zigic tested keeper Rodríguez Tono from close range, but safe hands from the Spaniard stopped the 6 ft 7 striker from scoring. Gonzalo Colsa then had a shot from 20 yards, but it went wide from the Racing midfielder. Racing went close again, just after nearly scoring a goal, winger Montana Jorge Lopez hit the bar with his powerful header. Jesus Navas had 5 minutes of brilliance, intercepting a goal creating pass from Racing and then placing a shot just wide of the post. There were penalty shouts for Nicola Zigic's foul in the penalty area but the referee waved play on, a relief for Racing Santander. The last 10 minutes were dominated by Racing, with Ebi Smolarek testing Hildebrand and Tchite hitting over. This was all soon over when captain Raul Albiol broke down the attack. There were final gasps at the end, Racing Santander winger Rodriguez Oscar Sorreno chipped the keeper, looking to go in at the final whistle, but this was soon cleared off the line by Luis Miguel.

610x.jpg

(Nicola Zigic penalty claim turned down)

Full Time: Valencia 1-0 Racing Santander

Scorers: Carlos Marchena (Valencia)

MoM: Fernando Morientes (Valencia)

Attendance: 53,447

Stats

Valencia dominated the match with 27 shots on goal, 18 on target, compared to a measly 3 from Racing Santander. Valencia finished with 56% possession.

valenciavracingsan.jpg

Comments

Managers Comments (Tom Sinar): "It's good to know that we can defend under pressure and still come out with a result. It is brilliant to win tonight after giving away so many chances, but all in all, it was a good result, another win to save for the rest of the season. An unchanged squad in my eyes is a brilliant squad, that's why I have in Valencia and the starting XI, we play good football, but our discipline record is a bit dogdy, so we must work on that but we kept a good display tonight and a well done to the lads".

Captains Comments (Raul Albiol): "It was a good match tonight in all ways. The quality of Racing Santander was phenomenal but I'm glad that we overcame them with out quality that we have and the depth of the squad surpasses anyone at the moment. It's good to see Marchena getting a goal as he is defensive minded, so I'm chuffed for him. I reckon as a defence we can only get better as we have kept 2 clean sheets out of 2 games so it's a good record to keep. We have a hard game against Recreativo De Huelva on Saturday, which we hope will go our way again. I reckon we should have gotten a penalty as Zigic was fouled pretty bad of what I saw of it but it's over now, we won, we got 3 points, roll on the season".

League Table

Despite winning again, Valencia fall 2nd to Leigh Auston's Sevilla on equal goal difference, but Sevilla have scored more so they go equal as the 2nd game is gone, 2 goals ahead of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

leaguetable-2.jpg

Match Preview

Valencia manager Tom Sinar may field an unchanged squad for the 3rd game running, with no injuries or suspension he has a full, strong squad to choose from. Sinar has hinted at changing a formation though, reportedly his favourite 4-5-1 formation, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Recreativo De Huelva is expected to name the same side that lost 1-0 to Atheltic Bilbao, no injuries or suspension either for Recreativo.

The venue will take place at Valencia's Mestalla, on Saturday 9th August 2008. The match will kick off at 8pm GMT.

valenciavracingsanpre.jpg

Good luck to Recreativo De Huelva! :)

Transfer Rumours

• Valencia have shortlisted 4 strikers that are possible to join the striking force of Carlos Tevez, Fernando Morientes and Nicola Zigic. (The People)

• Valencia are close to acquiring the services of a defender who plays for a top European team, according to inside sources. (Mestalla Magazine)

• Luis Miguel is being linked with a move away from Valencia, with the press reportedly saying Tottenham. (Daily Mail)

• David Silva has been asked about his availability by 2 Spanish teams and 1 Italian club, thought to be Juventus. (Various)

• Valencia have failed an attempt to agree a fee for Fernando Belluschi from Greek club Olympiacos. (Sky Sports News)

Hildebrand loving life between the sticks

Valencia clean sheet king Timo Hildebrand insists he loves life in goal for Valencia, and is hoping for even more clean sheets. Hildebrand, 29, has kept 3 clean sheets this season for Valencia, 2 in La Liga and one in a friendly. The keeper insists he wants more though..

"Keeping clean sheets is what makes a team win or draw, I'm glad to be doing my part and this is a great start to the season for me, I am confident of getting more clean sheets and conceding a minimum of at least 20 goals this season, but we will see about that. What currently matters is right now and that is to keep focused on the No.1 spot and keep more clean sheets. The defenders I have got in front of me is the main reason why I keep clean sheets, they stick together and defend together".

2008_02_hildebrand_zeigt_richtung_en;property=original.jpg

(Commanding Hildebrand wants more success)

---------------

That's it from the Mestalla, we face Recreativo de Huelva on Saturday and will bring you the latest news as we get it.

Mestalla.jpg

B)

colchester_layer_road_203x152.jpg

24_1191306687.gifColchester United 1-1 Shorpe United69_1203488261.gif

(The Report)

Last Night Shorpe United traveled to Colchester United's Stadium were they would play there Second game of the League 1 campaign. Shorpe and Colchester Both hoping for the win after Shorpe lost and Colchester drew there opening games, but neither side were to win the game but both sides picked up points in the game, which didn't please earthier team really but a point is a point which all add up at then end. New Shorpe Striker Craig Beattie gave Shorpe an early scoring after just 10 minutes, Colchester Had the more Possession going into half time in the Second half it was all Colchester and the Possession and the Shots payed of as the Equlised through Irish midfielder Mark Yeates. Colchester and Shorpe will be looking for a win this Saturday. Beattie picked up MOM for Shorpe.

yeates_mark_thfc_profile_2004.jpg3257s.jpg

(Yeates Scores for Colchester, Beattie MOM and Scorer for Shorpe)

Undefeated St Johnstone host Dunfermline tonight in the 3rd fixture of the Scottish 2nd division.

St Johnstone followed up their first win with a crushing defeat of Clyde with goals to Davide Lanzafame and another 89th minute goal, this time by Rocco Quinn.

Last night St Johnstone entertained Exeter in the 2nd friendly of the season, with manager Mat Mourinho fielding his 2nd side. St Johnstone dominated the game and two first half goals to Filip Djordjevic and Jamie McCluskey sealed the win.

More special than the special one Mat Mourinho took time out of his busy schedule to talk with Tay FM.

"Im very happy with our start to the season, I thought we completely smashed Clyde who are no hope of promotion this season. Although it took another last minute winner, we could have won by more."

"I would like to thank Exeter for making the trip up last night. We wrapped the game up early and again could have won by more, but it was a good run out for the reserve team."

"My pies are going down a treat, we even have people coming up from Colchester for my pies they are that special."

"Its going to be a very tough game tonight against Dunfermline who are also undefeated. Im not surprised with Kilmarnock leading the division. Why they are even in this division is astounding, their team is twice as good as any other team but we will fight on."