Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Colchester missed the bus up to sunny Perth last night for the arranged friendly with St Johnstone.

More special than the special one Mat Mourinho commented briefly on the situation:

"I can understand Justice being scared' date=' but to just not turn up is ridiculous. I cooked some of my special pies just for the occasion so we could shake hands and move on, but now it's war."

"No pies for you or your punk *** supporters Justice!"

St Johnstone have challenged Colchester to another friendly on the 22nd but it remains to be seen whether it will go ahead and if so, will manager Mourinho forgive Justice for the no show.[/quote']

thats stupid i was ready for ya mate still am, :P i never back down :D

PALERMO-SKIN.jpg

Palermo News

117_1198417095.gif

117_1198417095.gifPalermo 0-4 Udinese131_1204699836.gif

Going into this home match hopes were high but the great man him self Dai (Welshman) destroyed the home side. The opener was scored by Giampiero Pinzi after he beat the offside trap, the second was tucked away Nicolas Anelka who finished a good move very professionally and the third and final goal of the half was scored by Gaetano D'agostino after a dreadful mix up in midfielder left him clean through on goal, and he wasn't going to miss. And that goal was the nail in the coffin before half time, Sam Pooley was simply speechless at half time after the great start they had to the season......

public%5Carticoli%5Cimmagini%5C36_24_pinzi.jpg

(Giampiero Pinzi opened Udinese's account after beating the offside trap.)

After the break Palermo did look slightly better and on 55 minutes Palermo forward de Melo Tulio saw his shot smash against the crossbar and then on the counter attack Udinese scored again after a long ball from deep bounced off the head of Fabio Quagliarella and looped over the despairing keeper...how different things might have been. After the goal Udinese controlled the game and a 4-0 victory never looked in doubt. A great result for Udinese but a shocker for previously unbeaten Palermo.

i811.jpg

(Fabio Quagliarella celebrates his goal seconds after Palermo hit the crossbar.)

123_1192673039.gifRoma 1-1 Palermo117_1198417095.gif

After the hammering by Udinese Palermo faced an even tougher opposition, Roma and it was away. There were a few harsh words spoken after the last game and it seemed to do the side good as they took the lead with only 5 minutes gone through center back Moris Carrozzieri showed he can shot by curling one around the outstretched keeper after coming up for a corner. This gave the Palermo side hope that maybe they could clinch 3 points off of the Italian giants.

MorisCarrozzieri.jpg

(Moris Carrozzieri opened the scoring for Palermo in the only the 5th minute)

The 40 minutes after the goal saw no goals, and Palermo were 1-0 ahead at half time, a much easier team talk this time around. But almost straight after the break Roma leveled in up and this time it was Roma's center back who scored a peach, to make it 1-1. After that it was even steven although neither side looked close to scoring. So the points were shared at the end of the game, a mediocre result for Roma but a spirited performance by Palermo after losing 4-0.

1445995894-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-f-manchester-united-v-roma.jpg

(Roma's center back Juan scored a lovely goal to earn Roma a share of the points.)

Where are the Fixtures!!

Palermo chairman Maurizio Zamparini and Palermo manager Sam Pooley are very confused as to why the cup/shield fixtures have not been announced yet. Maurizio Zamparini had this to say "Where are they, this draw should have been done before the league season begun in my opinion and now we are 5 games in but still no fixtures, something has to be done about this, and fast. Like all clubs we are an active club we have things on are mind and we shouldn't have to worry about the cup/shield fixtures coming out, but we along with many other clubs are."Sam Pooley had this to say "I am very disappointed with this, i need to know who we will be playing in these games in order to get my team ready for the games but at the moment i don't know whether i am playing AC Milan or Exeter City!!! Something has to be done about this, now!!"

C_3_Media_71292_immagine_det.jpg

(A confused Maurizio Zamparini speaks to the press about the cup/shield fixtures.)

Issue -#10

mnu.jpg

Manchester United 3 - 2 Tottenham Hotspurs

Another game, Another win for united and the win at old trafford against spurs was enough to send them to the top of the table following Chelsea shocking 4 - 0 defeat to Liverpool.

The inform trio of David Villa, Ibrahomivic and Hleb saw off the Londoners in an end-to-end game of football.

Transfer News

Luis Nani is still at Manchester United following clear the air talks with manager Dan Walmsley. The winger was believed to be on his way to Athletico madrid in a swap deal but the manager decided against after hearing the Portuguese wizard talk about his desire and commitment to the red shirt.

United moved a step closer to bolstering their defence this morning with an unnamed CB and LB being lined up to provide cover to the current back four.

Dan Walmsley had to say 'We're in talks with 2 defenders right now and so far everything has gone well if i can secure these signings then i have me GK, D and F areas covered which will leave me with just 2 Midfielders to sign before i have 2 quality players in every position. From then i will leave the team to gel together for the season before deciding where to build on from, from there.

Getafe Updates

5 games into the season, Getafe are sitting on the 17th position just above the relegation zone. After losing 1-0 to Barcelona and 2-0 to Espanyol in the first two games, Getafe bounced back with a 0-0 draw at Sevilla and a 4-0 home win against Mallorca. However, Getafe went down to 3-1 loss away at Betis. Getafe's next match is against Athletic Bilbao at home.

Getafe has been really quiet in the transfer market since the beginning of the season. However, it is understood that a deal has been agreed for Óscar USTARI between Manchester United and Getafe. In the interview today, Mr. Wunna Kyaw refused to disclose the nature of any deal until it goes through tomorrow. It is understood to have a replacement goalkeeper for Getafe in the deal as Óscar USTARI is the only goalkeeper right now. The nature of the deal will be revealed tomorrow.

Also, in a press conference, Getafe's manager, Mr. Wunna Kyaw, mentioned that all of the youth players in the youth squad are available for loan including:

IBRAHIM, Kas (21 year old, 85-rated CB)

ADRIÁN GONZALEZ, Ángel (20 year old, 82-rated LM/W)

MARQUINHOS, Gonçalves (18 year old, 80-rated AM/F)

OldTrafford.jpg

Breaking News From The Theatre Of Dreams

Manchester United announced this morning the signing of 24 year old CB, Papa Gueye. The senegalese giant is believed to be used to cover nemandje vidic and rio ferdinand in the domestic cups.

PAPA.jpg

It will take someone a little taller than andy johnson to beat gueye in the air

Meanwhile United looked to have finally secured the services of a LB after finding a temporary replacement in this man...

hidalgo.jpg

Martin Hidalgo will not be the kind of name United fans were expecting to back up Evra in the new campaign but the 32 year old is believed to be subject of a bid from United

United Capture Ustari

In what appears to have been a busy morning for manager Dan walmlsey, Manchester United announced that a deal has been struck with spainish side Getafe to bring 22 year old GK Oscar Ustari to Old Trafford. The promising young GK will be understudy to Edwin Van Der Sar after the Ductch keeper announced he will review his future in November. United made official approaches to Lloris, Neuer and anton shunnin also but managed to capture the argentinian ace.

7232_1209755861.jpg

Big things are expected from the young shot stopper

Agbonlahor To Join The Attacking Force

United's final deal for the day involves up and coming English Striker Gabriel Agbonlahor as Aston Villa have agreed a deal of Paul Scholes and £8.2million.

bm.jpg

Bayern Update

Bayern Munich v Energie Cottbus

Bayern started the game with attack after attack, Podolski (in for the injured Klose) was causing all sorts of trouble, and the pressure finally paid off in the fifth minute, Luca Toni heading in for his third of the season!

xin_102090430084179626381.jpg

3/20, Toni gets another!

Bayern kept pushing and pushing, but the next goal didn't come for another 20 minutes, but it was worth the wait as Podolski scored two in two minutes, one a shot hammered into the top corner from the edge of the box, and the next a 30 yard rasper, unstoppable!

images%5Cpictures%5Cplayers%5Clukas-podolski.jpg

Podolski showing his class, with two in his first game of the season!

The punishment for Cottbus continued, as Toni added his second of the game, Toni going short for a corner, turning and curling the ball into the top corner!

29368_news.jpg

Proving he's not just a goal-poacher!

The score at half time was 4-0 to Bayern, Cottbus had no way back, all they had to fight for now was pride, they couldn't let Bayern score more, and that was the message that they took on for most of the second half. But they couldn't stop the rampant Bayern from adding a goal, Demichelis scoring his first league goal of the season, hitting a shot into the bottom corner after he found himself in an unfamiliar position!

1198117393.jpg

Is he looking to take Klose's place in the team? It looks like it, as he scored a brilliant goal!

The goal secured the match for Bayern, and saw them jump up into first place in the league, a place they will be looking to maintain!

Final Score: Bayern Munich 5-0 Energie Cottbus

bm.jpg

Bayern Munich v Hertha BSC Berlin

What a match this promised to be, Hertha were a team in form, while Bayern had scored 9 in their last two matches, this game promised goals, and it delivered!

In-form striker Luca Toni added to his personal tally in only the 14th minute of play, beating two defenders and slotting past the despairing Hertha keeper, but not before Podolski and Ribery had missed sitters, and Canizares was forced into two brilliant saves!

4271-770319.jpg

Who can stop the Italian Giant?

There was more attacking from both sides, but both sets of players missed countless opportunities, Lukas Podolski being guilty of the worst, missing an open goal from six yards out! SIX!

Both teams went into half-time with it all to play for, Hertha had a chance and Bayern manager Samra knew this, he sent his players out to find the killer goals! The start of the second half was promising for Bayern, they managed to force Drobny into decent saves. But, it all went wrong, Domovchiyski had been threatening to score all match, and he came good in the 52nd minute with a dubious goal, the whole of the Bayern defence stopped in their tracks when he was played through, 100% sure he was offside, the whole of the stadium knew he was offside, even he did (checking if the linesman's flag had gone up), but the linesman failed to give the decision, and he slotted past Canizares!

Bayern were fired up, and they sent wave after wave of attacks, forcing Drobny into many good saves, he was unbeatable, but Luca Toni didn't think so, as he darted past the defenders and found the bottom corner with a fierce shot!

luca-toni.jpg

Too hot to handle, 6 goals in 3 now!

Eventual MoM Ribery added a third via a wicked deflection from his cross-shot! The game looked over, but Hertha found another goal Kacar scoring a spectacular long-ranger. Hertha pushed for an equaliser, but to no avail, Bayern held firm, and saw themselves maintain their 100% competitive record, as well as their top spot in the league.

Final Score: Bayern Munich 3-2 Hertha BSC Berlin

Up Next: Werder (A)

OldTrafford.jpg

Latest From The Theatre Of Dreams

Manchester United take on Aston Villa later on today at Villa Park. Both sides are yet to lose so far this season and have been in discussions in the last few days to take agbonlahor to Old Trafford. The young Englishman field to complete his deal yesterday after a breakdown in negitiations between the two clubs. It is believed he will feature tonight against the side that is trying to secure his services.

Ibrawinovich

Dan Walmlsey praised new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovich earlier today in the Villa Vs United Pre-Match conference. The manager spoke about the 4 goals and 5 assists the swede has had in his first 4 game at the club 'Ibra has been tremendous for us, a real coup. He scores goals and assists just as much, helping other newcomers such as iniesta and hleb get on the score sheet.

We have scored 13 goals in 5 games and 12 of those are from hleb, iniesta and ibra which is terrific. It is important that we start scoring goals elsewhere also as we can't rely too much on the same faces.'

ibrahimovic.jpg

The Swedish star has recieved plenty of praise from his manager and Utd supporters

Meanwhile, Utd are believed to have had an offer of Nani and £8million accepted for Barca star yaya Toure, the deal is expected to go through tommorow morning with the two respective players doing their medicals.

United remain in the hunt for the signatures of David Bentley, Oscar Ustari and barca star Xavi.

Breaking news! - Utd have had an initial bid accepted for David Bentley, the RM will join friday morning as Utd are waiting for funds from the 5million sale of silvestre and 10million sale of evans

6 in 6 for QPR

QPR extend there winning run to 6 games now whilst Ben has been in charge. A 2-1 win today over Cardiff secured QPR's place at the top of Div 1.

Ben would also like to give the "icon14.gif" to SM on there improvement of the Results page.

rotheram.jpg

Another Team Destroyed...!!!

Leyton Orient 3-5 Rotherham United

Since returning from holiday, manager Sparky has managed to lead Rotherham United to 3 straight wins, and in style too. The three games saw United score a total of 17 goals!.

The club were without midfielders Lamouchi and Ederson so up stepped Borissov and Harris, who managed to fit into the center of the park perfectly.

German defender Linke carried on leading the team in the defense whilst Gutierrez lead the attack.

United came away with a brilliant 5-3 win away from home as striker Gutierrez struck twice alongside replacement midfielder Borissov, captain Linke and midfielder Abarca.

Rotherham United have now won 3 games in a row somewhat destroying teams in the process. Manager Sparky had revealed his ambitions of getting promoted.

They are currently fourth placed behind rivals Bournemouth and will play Darlington on Saturday.

More special than the special one Mat Mourinho has guided his St Johnstone team to a priceless 2-1 victory away to league leaders Kilmarnock tonight, preserving his teams unbeaten start to the season.

Davide Lanzafame grabbed a brace within the first 25 minutes and held off a strong Kilmarnock revival to go one point behind them in the Scottish 2nd division table, handing the Kilmarnock team their first defeat of the season.

Speaking to Tay FM, Mat Mourinho praised his chargers:

"What a great win, to come here against the heavy league favourites and beat them 2-1. My boys played a great game and the stats suggest we fully deserved this victory."

"Mandjeck will come good, give him time. Robbie Kruse has trained well and impressed me with his typical Australian never say die attitude and needs time to settle. I ask for patience regarding these two guys."

Kilmarnock right back Riccardo Colombo was given his marching orders in the 79th minute for a horrible challenge and will miss the next 3 games.

Mat Mourinho has an abundance of his special pies ready for the arrival of Colchester on Friday evening, and is ready to smoke the peace pipe with controversial manager Nick Justice.

"Once he tastes my pies he will realise the quality of what we have up here not only on the pitch. I hope they dont miss the bus again as I am looking forward to giving some of my reserve team players a run out."

Justice runs again

More special than the special one Mat Mourinho has laughed at Nick Justice swerving away from the scheduled friendly with his St Johnstone team.

"What a clown. As if PSG are going anywhere. I never liked French frogs and there is no chance anyone from Paris is coming to Perth. Boo hoo to you Justice, Im sure the Colchester fans are organising a party to celebrate your resignation after only 3 weeks."

"Where is the loyalty."

PSG supporters have rallied outside their home ground to protest against the appointment of Justice as they feel he will be lucky to see out the month before he leaves for apparently greener pastures.

Justice runs again

More special than the special one Mat Mourinho has laughed at Nick Justice swerving away from the scheduled friendly with his St Johnstone team.

"What a clown. As if PSG are going anywhere. I never liked French frogs and there is no chance anyone from Paris is coming to Perth. Boo hoo to you Justice' date=' Im sure the Colchester fans are organising a party to celebrate your resignation after only 3 weeks."

"Where is the loyalty."[/size']

PSG supporters have rallied outside their home ground to protest against the appointment of Justice as they feel he will be lucky to see out the month before he leaves for apparently greener pastures.

bit racist there in red mate and i got 3 job offers and i cudn't turn down PSG mate and i was happy at colchester and didnt run last time that was sm i wud happily play you as psg and play youths so were equil and what oyur problem and stop saying your special matey :D noone likes it other than yourself

Lol you didnt get offerd the PSG job though :P because i told sheva about the avalability of them erlia when i saw them on the GC19 page ;) so you saw them free and picked them up ;)

Wycombe top of the league with 5 wins and a draw :)

mate it came up on my club messages i turned it down then i had second thoughts and took :D

Olympiakos win 2-1 against PAOK to go top of the Greek league on Goal Difference.

Have learned of my SMFA Champs Cup Group which consists of me, Liverpool, Roma and Shaktar.

Christiano Lucarelli joins on loan from Manchester United for the season, he goes back to united for SMFA Champs Cup matches.

Olympiakos face AEK Athens on Saturday in their first proper test.

Drik Kuyt could join in a deal that sees Ledesma, Lualua and 4M go to Anfield.

bit racist there in red mate and i got 3 job offers and i cudn't turn down PSG mate and i was happy at colchester and didnt run last time that was sm i wud happily play you as psg and play youths so were equil and what oyur problem and stop saying your special matey :D noone likes it other than yourself

Racist not. Just dont like frogs of the French variety. I am 25% French myself. If anyone takes Mat Mourinho seriously I have grave concerns about their mental health. Nobody bags my cousin Jose like you do.

Getafe News

Getafe drew 1-1 with Athletic Bilbao at home tonight after a later equaliser from Lucas LICHT after coming on for Pallardo on the 60th minute. Getafe looks like they are heading into yet another defeat after the 25th minute goal from Bilbao's defender Fernando AMOREBIETA. In a game that saw the away team dominated the possession, Getafe were very lucky coming away with a draw from that match. Getafe is currently sitting on the 16th position with only 5 points from 6 games. Mr. Wunna Kyaw said, "We need to start picking up some momentum if we don't want to get relegated at the end of the season. We don't want to complain much. We just didn't do enough to win the game. Now, our focus is on the next game away at Sporting Gijón and we hope we will get a positive result."

In the transfer news, the transfer for USTARI with Manchester United broke down after Manchester United withdrew the offer. It is reported that Getafe is also in talks with a couple of other teams to sell Ustari. Getafe wants to wrap up the deal in the next couple of days and they are willing to listen to deals for him.

PALERMO-SKIN.jpg

Palermo News

117_1198417095.gif

117_1198417095.gifPalermo 1-0 Chievo104_1204113865.gif

Palermo were the favourites going into this game, they had the better side, the better form going into the game and had the home advantage. But being favourites means nothing in football. The atmosphere within the Renzo Barbera was amazing as there was 36,994 fans squeezed within the stadium that only fits 37,000 at most. But the home fans were almost quietened on 11 minutes when Jan Gunnar Solli hit the Palermo crossbar, after the ball fell to him on the edge of the box.

Jan_Gunnar_Solli_inn_34022d.jpg

(Jan Gunnar Solli rattled the Palermo crossbar with a scorching volley after 11 minutes.)

Going into the break the score was level at 0-0 and after the break it was Palermo goalkeeper Marco Amelia who was the star. Two stunning saves within the first 20 minutes of the second half prevented Palermo from going 1-0 or possibly 2-0 down. But after these two saves Palermo kicked into action and started pressing on.

16795_news.jpg

(Marco Amelia made 2 stunning saves with the first 20 mins of the second half.)

But after those two saves Palermo were all over Chievo, it was like they needed something to kick them into action and with 10 minutes to go Palermo took the lead through star center forward Fabrizio Miccoli burst into the box using all of his pace and as soon as he was given a second of free time he took on the shot and blasted it past the outstretched goalkeeper. This goal turned out to be the winner as Palermo cruised the last 10 minutes with no real danger. Next up is a tough match against Inter Milan with Palermo in 4th spot and Inter in top spot.

0JLOVUSN--346x212.jpg

(Fabrizio Miccoli scores the winner with only ten minutes to go as Palermo move up to 4th.)

Issue - #11

mnu.jpg

Manchester United News

Manchester United 1 Vs 1 Aston Villa

Manchester United were left frustrated at Villa park last night in a 1 - 1 drawn, the result keeps United joint top with their Manchester City Rivals.

David Villa fired United ahead on the 52nd minute only for a lapse of concentration on the 79th minute to allow United target gabriel Agbonlahor pull it back for villa.

Meanwhile United remain favouritre to sign English midfielder David Bentley although the deal could take as late as Sunday morning to be completed.

Johnny Evans (20year old CB 86) is available for 7million, send me a PM if u are interested as he has had a bid from an unavialable to manage club accepted.

St Johnstone have surged to the top of the Scottish 2nd division with a 4-0 drubbing of Partick Thistle, sending them bottom in the process.

Undefeated St Johnstone manager Mat Mourinho was pleased with the display:

"It was a great performance from the whole team. Partick are rubbish. I am very happy for James Holland who grabed himself a brace and new boy Robbie Kruse did well."

"There are better things to come from my team, to overtake Kilmarnock and go top will fill my boys with self belief and confidence."

"I know it is a massive challenge as their squad man for man is superior but we are going to fight all the way."

Next up is Greenock Morton and Mourinho is confident ahead of the clash.

"Its going to be a win for us, no doubt. They are an average team and we are much stronger, anything other than a win will be a failure. We want to consolidate our position at the top and put pressure on Kilmarnock."

Olympiakos find themselves a point from top, in 3rd after their recent results. Toggs says hes not worried though as he thinks he big, powerful squad will guide home at least the double.

Next up is Panithanikos, who lie 8th, with only 1 win all season.

Pelleteri left to Bolton, Diouf and Muamba arrive from the Reebok, meaning Ledesma and LuaLua can both leave in a deal for a 89+ wide midfielder (RM/LM/W)