Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

160px-Olympiakos4.svg.png

Bid accepted for Belluschi replacement

Olympiakos today agreed a deal that would see Frecnh international, Ludovic Guily arrive from PSG tommorow morning. It ends the search for a replacement winger, after Belluschi left to the EPL with Bolton.

Guily arrives for a fee of 8M in the morning, but both Christian Raul Ledesma and Tresmo LuaLua will be sold to the French outfit.

_40318249_guily203.jpg

So with the spending arguably done now for this season, here is the Olympiakos XI.

---------------Nikoplodis---------------

-----Tosordis---Thininen---Vidal-----

-------Daccourt----Eurguen-------

---Guily------------------Barnetta--

---------Foggia---Diouf-----------

---------Lucarelli/Gomis-----------

Inter fly out of the Starting blocks

Inter Milan remain unbeaten in the league in their first 7 games, picking up 5 wins and 2 draws. "It's a great start for us and I'm looking to build on this impressive start and get as many points as possible before our cup games start to kick in" said Manager Benno.

Inter picked up the 3 points in their last match with an impressive 4-1 win over Palermo. Rooney, Inter's big summer signing, pick up his first hat-trick of the season and youngest Macnelly Torres was on hand to open his account for his new club too. However, the result was marred by the sending off of goalscoring Torres and defender Cordoba along with the injury to striker Arshevin. Benno added " the result today was great, and I was delighted with Rooney's conrtibution, but disappointed with the level of refereeing at this level. Both boys didn't deserve to see red, and I feel the refereeing needs to improve if we are going to keep all 22 players on the field. It is a physical game and my players play hard but not dirty. Lets' hope they see sense and think before the get out the red card in future".

OldTrafford-1-1.jpg

Manchester United News

Manchester United dropped to 2nd in the league following a dissappointing 0-0 draw with rivals Manchester City. Both sides kept their unbeaten records with 7 games gone. 4 wins and 3 draws sees united 1 point behind leader Arsenal with the 2 sides meeting at the Emirates Stadium this Wednesday.

Manager Calls For Silence

United manager Dan Walmsley has called for more discretion in the transfer market following several deals collapsing. The United Chief was unhappy with the outcome of deals including Gabriel Agbonlahor and Oscar Ustari. Dan said 'perhaps we have been a little outspoken in our press releases and media conferences, and this may have put an end to negiotations with other clubs, i will look to keep the noise down more often now and only label players when they have put pen to paper on a contract here...

Meanwhile, after Arsenal, United face Chelsea and the team from london will be happy with the news that all 4 injured players will be back and fully fit in time for the game at Old Trafford. A Cole, Deco, Essien and Ballack have all missed the last 3 games and chelsea have missed them dearly losing al 3 but they will all be back for the big game while United Ferdinand and new signing Bentley will be out injured.

PALERMO-SKIN.jpg

Palermo News

117_1198417095.gif

After the first 7 league games and a pre season friendly here is a round up of the results.

GC198games.jpg

In the league table Palermo are currently sitting in 6th place after 11 games, and here is what manager Sam Pooley had to say "I am very pleased with the start, although i wouldn't say i am ecstatic. My season goal was to finish in the top 10 and challenge for an SMFA shield spot and i am currently more than achieving my goal. Although there is a long way to go and anything could happen although if my players stay focused i believe anything is possible."

Few Olympiakos players avaliable for chairman value:

Konstainios Menderionos (23/84/RM/CM) - 3.0M

Giannis Papadopulos (19/80/CM) - 1.7M

Michallis Sifakis (23/85/GK) - 3.7M

And Jesus Leonardo (23/85/LB/LM) may be avaliable for 4.5M tommorow.

61_front_small.gif373_1216646749.jpg106_front_small.gif

Another Win Shows Olympiakos Wont Be Beaten Easily

Panathinaikos 0-1 Olympiakos

Christiano Lucarelli (54)

Olympiakos regained some pride after Saturdays embarrasment as a single Lucarelli goal was enough to get Olympiakos the 3 points.

The first half was a onslaught of Olympiakos shots, 6 to be exact, al coming in the space of 8 minutes. New signing Fabrice Muamba came close with a header and Gomis was unlucky not to score after his shot was cleared off the line by a retreating defender. Olympiakos were playing Torley's team off of the park. Ivanschitz with Panithanikos'es only chance of the first half. His long range effort went wide.

THe second half started on a quiet note, but after 54 minutes Christiano Lucarelli's curling attempt found its way into the top corner of the Panithanikos goal. Some pundits described it as goal of the season and it was going to have to take something special to give Olympiakos the lead after countless atempts. From there on in, Olympiakos could of made it 2 or 3 but holded possession until the end of the match, limiting the away side to just one shot in the whole match.

5767_1210179348.jpg

Lucarelli's goal was enough to seal the 3 points

Tonights win sees Olympiakos move back into 2nd, a point off top of the table Larissa. Toggs insists its early days and as long as his Olympiakos stay there or thereabouts, the depth of his side will come through and Olympiakos will win the Greek League. He also said that he was extremely happy with the dealings he has done this summer, bringing players such as Guily, Lucarelli, Barnetta and Diouf to the club.

Also good news, Left Back Christian Aslandi could be on his way to Olympiakos. The 21 year old is holding contract negoiations with the club.

He is also desprite to sign young scottish striker Greig Spence. Toggs says 'It would be nice to have someone to suck up to me in the changing rooms' :D

LuaLua is leaving to PSG in the morning in part of the deal that saw Guily join the club. He will link up with ex teammate Christian Raul Ledesma in France.

Toggs also expected a few more arrivals in the next few days. He told reporters he was looking at a young Czech striker and an Austraillian Winger. More on those deals as it happens.

34924_1219863487.jpg

The player Toggs is really desprite for !

Second offer in two days - Racing Ferrol offer the managerial post but Sparky rejects :P

Wow - 2 jobs in 2 days' date=' I must be doing something right :P[/quote']

I get offered the Leyton Orient Job, long way to go yet Sparky in a hunt for being recognised by the big boys lol

St Johnstone have crushed Morton 3-0 away from home to stay top of the Scottish 2nd division, preserving their 2 point lead over title favourites Kilmarnock. After 8 games Mourinhos men have a healthy 6-2-0 record and have won their last 3 with a differential of 9-1.

The game was never in doubt after opening the scoring on 4 minutes with notable performances by Mandjeck, Rocco Quinn, veteran keeper Hans Vonk and Davide Lanzafame, who has now scored an impressive 9 goals in 8 games.

Filip Djordjevic has sustained a chest injury which keeps him sidelined for 4 weeks, with young Andy Jackson set to come into the team after bagging a late goal on Wednesday night. Young Ransford Osei comes onto the bench and will be looking to get some game time.

Krylia slump to second place but new arrivals brightens things up

257_1197859675.gif

Krylia Sovetov's reign at the top of the table was ended yesterday as they slumped to defeat against Rubin Kazan. Their horrid form of late have seen them salvage 2 points in 4 games. This partly because of losing some key players due to a virus that went around the camp. Jiri Jarosik, Jan Koller and Matthew Booth have missed the last two games but Sheva assures the fans that they will be back for their fixture against Amkar Perm. Sheva says that a win is vital and should not be a problem against unmanaged Amkar.

The latest signings for Krylia have seen 22 year old left back Effrain Velarde and 25 year old centre forward Salih Hasan Kabze arrive at the Mettalurg Samara. Velarde will be a regualr for Krylia this season as he heads straight to the line up at Left Back. Hasan Kabze will partner Koller in attack while Evgeni Savin will be employed in behind the giant forwards.

610x.jpg

The hard tackling Velarde ® will be Krylia's starting Left Back

Our form of late has been a major disappointment but we have gone second string for the last two games after losing some key players. I believe that the a lovely new partnership is about to spark between Hasan Kabze and Koller who are both massive standing in at over 6 feet tall. Their aerial presence when going forward will be a great bonus.

610x.jpg

Kabze ® will spearhead the attack with Koller

OldTrafford-1-1.jpg

United Suffer First Loss Of The Season

arsenal.jpg2 - 0 mnu-1.gif

Manchester United were Distraught after being beaten comfortably by Arch-Rivals Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. A brace from Emanuel Adebayor was enough to sink the Champions and condemn them to their first defeat of the season, the result also sees United without a win in 3 games with Chelsea visiting Old Trafford next...

Meanwhile Dan Walmsley has confirmed that his squad is almost complete for the season with a few touches here and there to be done before it is finilased, he mentioned that final deals were dependant on cash generated through gate receipts, merchandising and cup competitions.

Goalkeepers

Edwin Van Der Sar - The aging Dutch master has been brilliant for United and will be first choice this season.

Thomas Kuszczak - The polish keeper will spend the majority of season out on loan, he was part of a deal to bring Oscar Ustari in as understudy to Van Der Sar but talks between United and Getafe broke down. United are still believed to be keen on the deal.

Goalkeeper summary - I am happy with Van Der Sar but his age will be a factor in us trying to find a suitable future replacement sooner rather than later, Kuszczak will not fit the bill here and foster was sold as he didn't either.

Defenders

RB - Douglas Maicon - The Brilliant Brazilian will be a key player for United this season after joining from Internationzale.

RB - Gonzalo Castro - The German youngster is expected to be used for cup games and in Europe this campaign although big things are in store in the future.

LB - Patrice Evra - The pacey LB is an improving player at 27 and has possibly established himself as the current best LB in the world ahead of Lahm and co. He will play a big part in this season. United have struggled to find LB cover so far although it is high on the manager list, players such as Edgar Castillo and Pinto were considered as cover but deals fell through.

CB - Rio Ferdinand & Nemandje Vidic - Dan Walmsley has told vidic to put on gloves and pull up his socks to counter act the 'ferocious' british weather, It is believed that Vidic will use the Manchester train station to travel to games rather than the team coach so he can look forward to less rainy fixtures more thoroughly. He and Ferdinand however have one of the best partnerships in England if not the world and both will be regulars this season.

CB - Papa Gueye & Cesar Arzo - Both players have been brought in as cover for Cup competitions and will spend a large part of the season out on loan, both are still young and could be used in later deals.

Defensive summary - I am very happy with our defense department but will be much more relaxed when we have a LB cover for Evra, Overall it is probably rated as the highest rating starting defense in the setup.

Midfielders

RM - Alexander Hleb & David Bentley - 2 excellent options to choose from and not many teams will have a tough choice to pick who starts and who doesn't on the right side like this, both are proven goalscorers and will fight it out for that no7 shirt.

LM - Ryan Giggs & Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - Giggs will pip diniyar to the 11 shirt this season but we are on the lookout for a younger LM to take his place any stage this season. Diniyar is a good player and more than good enough to cover giggs in the cups and even the league.

CM - Luis Anderson, Michael Carrick, Gnegneri yaya toure - 3 Good players that are all evenly matched in the race for 2 Cm spots. There is the possibility of them all starting if United play the 3 5 2 formation.

AM - Andres Iniesta - Spanish superstar has shown already this season what he is all about with plenty of goals and assits, he will be perhaps the most important player and it is crucial he stays fit this season.

Midfield Summary - We have good cover in most areas, although i feel we are a little weak in the middle of the pitch which is the most important area i feel toure and anderson will both improve short-term and long-term. I am constantly on the lookout to find another LM to swap out with giggs and cash although so far our search has been in vein. Long-term i am looking to add back up DM, AM and another CM but at an early stage of the setup cover is just about sufficient to challenge on all fronts.

Forwards

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Villa - This strike pair will send shivers down every defense this season, the duo have notched 7 goals and 7 assists betwwen them in 7 games so far this season and will look to fire united to glory.

Leite Adriano and Christiano Lucarili - Adriano looks set to rediscover his old form and become the player he looked set to be this season and United are very happy to snap him up along with ibra in a deal for rooney. Lucarili is aging but more than suitable to cover the 3 other attackers if needed.

Attacking Summary - Overall i'm very happy, i believe Ibra will stay at his peak for a while yet, Adriano and Villa will surely improve while lucarili is excellent cover at 4th choice.

Squad Summary - The shocking story to most will be the depature of Ronaldo, Rooney + Teves.

Ronaldo looked set to leave for robinho and ramos but the deal fell through but united were happy with 2nd choice offer Hleb and iniesta.

Rooney - Left for ibrahomivic and adriano which is a deal both teams are very happy with.

Teves - £4million and David Villa came in for him which is a gamble but i feel Villa is capable of a little more.

Overall i am happy with my squad, i appreciate that it is not possible to get 2 quality players in every position at such an early stage in the setup which is why such a large part of my squad is out on loan to maximise profits. We will look to add to the team gradually over the season. Putting a LB and CM as our main priority for now.

Marcelo Salas (33,87,F) is avaliable for loan after Martin Fenin arrived for 6M today. Its not first come, first serve, will acess all offers @ 6PM tonight and will decide then.

s_f6be26474e966b260761b23954662a10.jpg

Olympiakos Matchday

Olympiakos have hit some bumpy form lately but a good win midweek against Torleys Panithanikos has bought them into tommorow nights clash with AEK Athens. Athens have had somewhat a crisis lately. There manager resinged, several good talents left the club but now a manager who goes by the name of 'Sir Alex Ferguson' has stepped in to try and settle the dust at the Olympic Stadium with a nominal squad.

New signings Martin Fenin & Christian Aslandi have both been summined to the subs bench for the clash. Ludovic Guily is starting his 2nd match for Olympiakos whlist transfer-specualted Oscar is chosen over Italian Playmaker, Pasquale Foggia. Diouf & Gomis get their chsance to prove themselves upfront together. Loanee arrival Christiano Lucarelli is not even expected to make the subs bench for the match. Antzas, Thinien & Tosordis are expected to be the defensive trio.

The match is at Olympiakos'es ground. AEK can expect a hostile atmosphere at the Karaiskakis. Olympiakos have averaged almost full attendance at home, in the 4 matches played their so far this season.

Ludovic_Giuly_559270.jpg

' Giuly, looking to build on his impressive debut for Olympiakos. '

Just rejected the Malaga Job, my biggest Job offer in this Setup so far, im slowly climbing my way up lol.

Today Third place Bournemouth face Second team brighton Hove Albion. Massive game for me, i need to win, just hope my young bucks can do it.

Iv had a few risers but as i planned it will take longer than a couple seasons for my team to come together, when the TB are done ill sell a few.

No injuries so its my strongest team, fingers crossed i can just outscore them with Balotelli (84) and Okoduwa (80). My formation is quite succesful against the ones they are using so fingers crossed !

C'MON ON THE CHERRIES !

and bad luck to sparkys Rotherham :D

St Johnstone welcome Queen of the South to McDiarmid park this evening and will be looking to consolidate their position at the top of Division 2.

Manager Mat Mourinho has unveiled Chilean Marcelo Salas who arrives on loan from Olympiakos, and hopes he can strike up a deadly partnership with the on fire Davide Lanzafame.

"First of all I would like to thank Camacho for his commitment to the team but to make room for Salas I had to let someone go. With the injury to Djordjevic it was important to get another striker in and I am delighted with Salas, he scores goals everywhere he goes".

Salas.jpglanz.jpg

On loan strikers Marcelo Salas and Davide Lanzafame.

Japanese playmaker Hiroki Kawano moves into the starting 11 in place of Camacho and is expected to build a solid partnership with Georges Mandjeck and Rocco Quinn. Mandjeck has started to hit some form as predicted by manager Mat Mourinho.

"Georges is an animal. It has taken him a while to settle but now he is starting to boss games from his holding role. Even I would be scared to line up against him and I am sure his opponents dont look forward to meeting him on the pitch. I have instructed him to take out anyone who messes with Kawano."

kawano.jpgmand.jpg

Japanese prodigy Hiroki Kawano and the 'animal' Georges Mandjeck.

"I fully expect to smash Queen of the South tonight. They have some quality up front but I think my team is much stronger and I think we could see some goals. We've banged in 9 in the last 3 and we just cant slip up here with Kilmarnock so close behind us."

When asked about his goalkeeper Hans Vonk, Mourinho was again full of praise. "I am delighted also with Hans, we picked him up from South Africa and his experience is invaluable with such a young squad. As with many of my players, they are starting to settle and we are seeing good, consistent results."

vonk.jpg

Veteran goalkeeper Hans Vonk has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 4 games, conceding 1.

Meanwhile Mourinhos off the pitch innovations are proving a winner with the fans. "Our cheerleaders are the most special I have ever seen. Beer sales are through the roof, and my complimentary pies are always gone come 10pm.

Meanwhile, speculation has been bounding around Perth this week that former Miss World Jennifer Hawkins is about to join the St Johnstone Cheerleader squad, Mourinho was tight lipped. "Jen is a friend of mine, a special friend if you like, she has lucrative deals in Australia but when it comes down to money or Mourinho, we all know that the dinheiro comes in 2nd. I dont want to create any more speculation about the issue but there will be a new face in the cheerleader squad for the Livingston game and I am currently a bachelor and I need someone to help me with all these pies."

JenniferHawkinsPicture.jpg

Is Jennifer Hawkins on her way to McDiarmid Park for the more special than the special one?

"I have introduced a new pie, as our attendances are now around 10,000 I realised I needed some diversity. The new pie is called the Justice pie and I am sure they will go down a treat."

pie.jpg

The Justice pie

My QPR are doing surprisingly well. Despite the fact I have done anything with them and only log on twice a week to set my tactics, I have won 8 and drawn 1. Making me the second best manager in the setup so far :eek:.

Just waiting to be offered a huge EPL job now :).

Rotherham beat leaders Stockport County 4-2 to go third, just a point from the top.

Best part? Rotherham are ahead of Bouremouth :D:P

Also pretty safe to say that we have scored the most goals as a club in the whole of England!:eek::D

373_1216646749.jpg

Second half comeback sends Olympiakos to top

It was truely a senstional game as second half goals from Arturo Vidal & loanees Egueren and Lucarelli moved Olympiakos back to top of the Greek League, which looked unlikely after going into the half time break, losing 2-0. Toggs said the game was truely amazing and commeneted on Ludovic Guily's inspirational half time talk which could of motivated the players on.

In terms of stats, it was a balanced game. But it looked the opposite when a 24th minute header from Gustavo Manduca put AEK in the lead. It was doubled by Rikka after 32 Minutes when his free-kick found its way past Nikoplodis.

The second half was immediatly started by Arturo Vidal's goal. 1 minute into the second half, a corner was cleared and his deflected shot found the net. Eguren then made the game level as a Gomis ball put him through to finish coolly. A 77th minute Lucarelli penalty won Olympiakos the game and sends them back to top of the Greek League.

5767_1210179348.jpg

Lucarelli's penalty won Olympiakos the match.