Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

OldTrafford-1-1.jpg

Manchester United Latest

mnu-1.gifVs portsmouth.jpg

Manchester United face an Inform Portsmouth at Fratton Park today looking to get their first win in 4 games. 3 Draws and 1 defeat has left the Champions in joint 2nd place with Pompey and another 3 clubs, 3 points behind leaders Arsenal. United played out a 2-2 draw with Chelsea in their last fixture and were the better side but failed to capitalize on their chances. Portsmouth will be expected to play their usual 4-4-2 formation and manager Dan Walmsley will be looking to counter this to help guide his side to a victory.

Meanwhile, Dan walmsley has confirmed that the club will be upping their attempts to sign French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris from French giants Lyon.

'We are very interested in this player and i am hoping to sign him before the end of the season although i know it will take a very good bid to prize him away from Lyon, i will try my best.'

United Have tried and failed to bring in Rensing from Bayern and Ustari from getafe although rumours circulating Old Trafford suggest that ustari's proprosed move to the club is off.

All going wrong!!!

Inter Milan's manager has seen his side go from top of the table with 7 wins from 9 games to sitting in 5th spot after losing their last two games to Reggina and Torino.

Manager Benno looked a little bewildered after their 3-2 defeat today and said "It was all looking good, we went 2-0 up and then the lads started to relax and show boat and you can't do that in this league. I sat them down after the game and told them to take a real good look at their own performance today and how we can all move on from this game. I have to sit down myself and look at tactics and personal. We have CAMBIASSO, Esteban coming back from a long term injury and also CORDOBA, Iván back into the squad after a being suspended. We have to improve if we what to challenge for the title and so we will be looking to the visit of Napoli on Saturday to kick off our season again"

OldTrafford-1-1.jpg

portsmouth.jpg2 - 3 mnu-1.gif

A brace from Andres Iniesta and 1 from Yaya Toure was enough to muscle 3 points away from Fratton Park. Peter Crouch and Kanu found the back of the net for Pompey but United stay joint 2nd in the table with Liverpool, 3 points off leaders Arsenal.

United have a friendly away to Inter Milan tommorow after comfortably seeing off their great Rivals milan 2-0.

Manager Dan Walmsley has confirmed that all players rated 87 + will be recalled to United after the home game against Fulham to give them 1 game of rest before the domestic cups kick off.

Lokomotiv Moskva easily winning Russian league!

Russian team Lokomotiv Moskva are easily soaring to 1st place in the league. Though only 2 points ahead of Zenit, Lokomotiv have not lost a single game under the reighn of josh dagnall. Loko did loss the first game tho but Josh did not manage in that game.

Joshs streak:

D

W

W

W

W

D

W

W

D

Next is big Russia team. CSKA Moskva but they are doing poorly and Loko expect a win.

373_1216646749.jpg

Olympiakos Top Greece

Olympiakos have restored their lead at the top of the Greek League after recent wins against AEK Athens and OFI Crete. It seems the new signings are settling well into the club and Toggs is looking for setup-national success. He spoke after the midweek win, and said that his side shouldnt make too many mistakes, and win the league.

The League is the top proirity, but this Monday cup compertitions start. They play OFI Crete again in the Greek Cup. And then the week commencing the 21st of September, UCL starts with Olympiakos hosting Liverpool.

New signings Martin Fenin & Christian Aslandi are settling well into the first team, and things are only on the up for the Greek outfit.

OldTrafford-1-1.jpg

United Latest

Manchester Unites claimed a famous win away against Inter Milan in a friendly game. The final result was 3-2 which adds to the 2-0 victory over AC Milan the week before.

United face Newcastle United at St James Park on Wednesday following back to back victories over Portsmouth and Fulham. The Red Devils have drawn a bye in tommorow nights English cup fixtures and so, should be the fresher of the two sides as Newcastle are participating.

In Transfer news Manchester United have confirmed the sale of 2nd choice GK Thomas Kusczhak for £10million to Bari. Dan Walmsley said 'Thomas couldn't break into the first team with Edwin doing such a good job in between the sticks. We are looking for our future no.1 but Thomas is not that man and he has a good future ahead of him with Bari. The money is as good as spent with an exciting youth prospect coming in and then some temporary cover for the LB position in the cups. I'm sure our fans will be interested to see the youngster we hope to sign tommorow.

newcastle.gif Vs mnu-1.gif

Coming Soon...

mnu-1.gif

United Results

Newcastle United 1 - 0 Manchester United

Manchester United 3 - 2 West Bromwhich Albion

Bristol Rovers 1 - 3 Manchester United

Blackburn Rovers 0 - 5 Manchester United

United also signed Marko Marin for £10 million. The young german LM will play a role in the future and played his debut in the cup game against Bristol Rovers. The talented youngster is expected to be joined by another exciting prospect in the next few days....

United welcome West Ham United to Old Trafford in the league on Saturday before a cup and league double against Liverpool.

Got a job offer from Almeria and although my Krylia had a great run in Russia, i felt that i had to accept the job offer.

Piatti and Negredo unlikely to move:)

Face Atletico Madrid with my first game in charge and anything less that 3 points would be a major disappointment:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

More later:p

St Johnstone 7 Rangers 1

St Johnstone put the disappointment of their recent league performances behind them with a crushing 7-1 defeat of Rangers at McDiarmid Park this evening in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup.

After slipping down to 3rd in the Scottish 2nd division after 3 draws and 1 defeat in their last 4 league games, the Perth outfit rode their luck throughout most of the match but restricted Rangers to mostly long distance efforts which rarely troubled keeper Hans Vonk.

Speaking to the press, manager Mat Mourinho had nothing but praise for his chargers.

"I thought my tactics were fantastic. This was a very special game as we know how important it is to do as well as possible in the cups to generate income. Rangers came here with a strong team and to beat them by 7-1 is just phenomenal."

"They will probably complain about the 2 red cards but when Burke got sent off for that horror challenge we had them at 5-1. Beasley deserved his 2nd yellow which was obviously out of sheer frustration."

"I will have to think seriously about my team for this Wednesdays game. Jody Morris has waited a long time to get on the pitch but after that performance he will definately start. There is a real competition for places in the starting 11 now, which is a great dilemma to have, as it is a luxury we have not been able to afford thus far."

Filipe.jpgmorris.jpg

MOM Teixeira Gabriel Machado and Jody Morris

Teixeira Gabriel Machado, a recent signing from Swiss side Grasshoppers, was surprised at Rangers mediocrity, adding "We expected more really. Im sure they will head back to Ibrox wondering what hit them. I was happy to get my first start for St Johnstone and score a couple but Im in full support of Mourinho, we have many great strikers here. In time we will be champions."

Meanwhile much speculation has been surrounding McDiarmid park regarding Jennifer Hawkins. Special one Mourinho held a special Miss St Johnstone contest before the match, and it was a hands down win to the Aussie glamour. More news is expected shortly after Mourinho and Hawkins were seen holding hands and getting cosy in a recent screening of Mamma Mia.

hawkins-6.jpg

Jennifer Hawkins celebrates her win.

Palermo News

38.gif117_1198417095.gif38.gif

Today has been a very busy day in the life of Palermo manager Sam Pooley, or should i say Palermo and Netherlands manager Sam Pooley. Yes thats right Sam Pooley was offered the Netherlands national job earlier today and within hours of receiving that offer it was accepted, all the paper work was completed and Sam Pooley was also the manager of Netherlands. Before accepting the job offer from Netherlands Sam rejected an offer to manage Iraq, and that team is still unmanaged now. Away from the International scene Sam Pooley is still working hard on improving his Palermo side and has signed 19 year old talent Marko Arnautovic from FC Twente for what Sam Pooley called "A bargain fee" of 900k.

Palermo News

108_1195457452.gifGenoa 2-1 Palermo117_1198417095.gif

After a dream start to the day for Palermo manager Sam Pooley with him receiving the Netherlands job all that was needed to complete the day was a win, but sadly they didn't get it. Palermo traveled to Genoa with a second team side out and it showed in the second half. At the midway break the score was 0-0 but after the break Genoa forward Luciano Figueroa scored twice to give them a 2-0 lead going into the last 10 minutes. But Palermo pushed hard in that final 10 minutes and got one back through Lucio Fernandao on 87 minutes and in the final minute of the game captain Ryan Nelson was inches away from tapping in a cross across the face of the goal which would have earnt Palermo a lucky point. None the less it didn't happen and Palermo were given nothing for all there efforts. This poor result takes them out of the SMFA shield spots as they drop into 9th place, but only a point behind 8th, next up for Palermo is an SMFA shield round one game against Panathinaikos.

FINALLYYYYY!

Ended my awful run, of something like 7 games without a win, beating Genoa 3-1. :D

As the table is so tight we're still around about the Shield spots, up to 10th.

Quite a tough league in fact, didn't realise you were in it Arsenal 123! Congratz on the Netherlands job. :)

Rocchi is available!

91 rated F, looking for a young 88+ F/CF in a swap, willing to offer cash as well.

LEEDS UNITED NEWS

after going out of both cup's in the first round i managed to get back on track by extending my gap at the top of the league to 7 point's.

been quite busy in the transfer market buying player's that i hope will improve the squad in the future.

got a few player's available for loan if people are interested...

paul huntington 80

john howsen 78

lionel anisworth 77

robert snodgrass 76

lewis guy 76

fraser richardson 81

just stick a loan bid if interested:)

on the injured list

giovani dos santo's should be back in around 2 week's

bruno berner should be back in around 3 week's

this will hopefully have a massive influence on the team and push us on towards promotion:)

got offered the paraguay job which i accepted:)

28: GOAL!! - The keeper parries a powerful shot but David ROZEHNAL follows up on the rebound!

29: GOAL!! - Libor SIONKO rounds the keeper and finishes from an acute angle!

60: GOAL!! - Stefano MAURI nonchalantly lobs it over the advancing keeper!

61: GOAL!! - Cristian Daniel LEDESMA dummies the keeper and slides the ball into the empty net!

68: GOAL!! - Surely offside! But the flag stays down and Gaby MUDINGAYI races through and takes full advantage of the dubious decision!

69: Francelino MATUZALEM is clean through on goal with only the keeper to beat, but hits the outside of the post

Atalanta 0-5 Lazio

Seems goals come in pairs for Lazio, until Matuzalem hit the post. :D

After a dreadful run, we've now returned to form. 2 straight wins, and some good wins in the cup and shield. Up to 9th, just a point off the shield spots (my target). :)

Palermo News

115_1199412364.gifMilan 0-1 Palermo117_1198417095.gif

Yes you heard correct, Palermo under management of Sam Pooley have defeated one of the top clubs in Italy, at the San Siro!! The atmosphere was booming with 77,610 people packed inside and only 7,610 of those fans were Palermo supporters. And those fans were off there feat within a minute of the whistle as Tulio had an open goal in front of him but he shockingly blazed it into the crowd of disappointed Palermo fans. But 15 minutes later Palermo did take a 1-0 lead and it came from captain Ryan Nelson as a goalmouth scramble was forced over the line by the center back. From that point onwards Palermo looked pretty calm and controlled but in the last few minutes Italian center midfielder Adrea Pirlo smashed a snapshot from the edge of the box which forced a top class save from goalkeeper Amelia, a save well worthy of the two points in secured. After the game Sam Pooley had this to say "I am very pleased with the result and i can tell you now that the players are. But we are not going to get carried away, we are only in a moderate 7th place and we are fully focused on the game against Cagliari tomorrow night."

111_1193150063.gif 2-1 115_1199412364.gif

Lazio Stun Milan!

Lazio continued their return to form with a stunning victory over title hopefuls AC Milan. For Milan that is now 4 defeats on the trot as they splip out of the top 4, whilst Lazio now gone 9 games with a defeat. Lazio went 6 games in the league without a win, but now they have won the last 3 league games and are back in the Shield positions.

It was a close encounter at Stadio Olympico, with both teams scared to concede. Milan were reduced to 10 men, 9 minutes from time when Pablo Garcia was sent off after pushing the ref. After a shaky first half, Lazio came out 2nd half piling on the pressure, and the Milan defense gave in the 67th minute when Pandev skipped away from the defense and lobbed Adler. Milan were level in the 75th minute Cubero knocked it past Carrizo, but Zewlakow scored his first goal for the club 10 minutes from time to secure the win for Lazio.

They now move above Sam Pooley's Palermo on Goal Difference. It is turning into a fierce rivalry between Lazio and Palermo for the Shield spots.

67: GOAL!! - Using his blistering pace Goran PANDEV leaves the defenders in his wake and chips the keeper with aplomb!

75: GOAL!! - A mix up in midfield enables Fabián Alberto CUBERO to run through and confidently slams a low shot past the advancing keeper!

80: GOAL!! - Surely offside! But the flag stays down and Michal ZEWLAKOW races through and takes full advantage of the dubious decision!

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United Latest

Manchester United currently sit top of the league by 2 points with fierce rivals Liverpool holding second place. Arsenal are 7 points behind with Chelsea 8 points behind.

Results:

Man Utd 3 - 3 West Ham Utd (league)

Man Utd 0 - 3 Liverpool (English Cup)

Liverpool 4 - 2 Man Utd (league)

Man Utd 1 - 1 River Plate (Champs Cup)

Man Utd 2 - 1 Middlesborough (league)

Wolves 1 - 1 Man Utd (English Shield) Utd win on Pens

Bolton 1 - 2 Man Utd (league)

Bordeaux 1 - 1 Man Utd (Champs Cup)

Man Utd 2 - 0 Hull City (league)

Following a poor run of results United have begun to rediscover their form with 3 back to back wins in the league coupled with 2 draws in the Champions League. Manager Dan Walmsley has called for his team to tighten up at the back due to the nuumber of goals the defence has been conceding.

Transfer News:

Sources claim that United are in talks with Sampdoria to bring in 26 year old Forward Antonio Cassano. The player is keen on the move although he would struggle to compete for a first team place with the likes of Ibrahimovich, Villa, Adriano and Lucarili in front of him. The nature of the deal is unknown at the moment although it is believed to be 1 - 2 weeks from completion.

Old Trafford also looks set to be the destination for a young prospect although everyone around the club remains tight-lipped. A cash deal had been struck only hours from completion when an unknown setback delayed it. The player could be wearing a United shirt as early as Tuesday morning.

Palermo News

117_1198417095.gifPalermo 2-2 Cagliari 100_1202377805.gif

After a thrilling game and a top performance on Wednesday against Milan they went into the home tie against Cagliari with confidence booming. Despite the 4 goal score line there were not any goals in the first half. In fact all 4 of the goals came in the last 20 minutes which was when the game really took off. It was Palermo who took the lead through star striker Fabrizio Miccoli, with 72 minutes on the clock, but only a single minute after Cagliari bounced back when Neves Jeda scored to make it 1-1 going into the last 17 minutes of the match. And then it was Cagliari who took the lead with only 5 minutes remaining when Nicolas Dieuze scored a twenty yard stunner. But it wasn't just Cagliari who had the bounce back factor as Palermo scored on 86 minutes through Tulio to earn Palermo a share of the points. On the surface a point a piece was a fair reflection on the game but Palermo wanted more after the defeat of Milan. This result has a few negative effects in that Palermo go behind Lazio and out of the SMFA shield spots but also has a positive effect in that it makes them unbeaten in 3 with two wins and a draw.