Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

111_1193150063.gif 0-0 107_1204588409.gif

(2-1)

Lazio Scrape Past Fiorentina

Lazio have set up a tie with Livorno in the Quarter Finals after scraping past the tough challenge of Fiorentina on penalties.

Fiorentina are arguable the better side, and after an early rivalry in the season Lazio slipped off form whilst Fiorentina moved up into the top 4. But Lazio have been in superb form recently, and had gone 9 games unbeaten in all competitions before the match. And after losing early in the season, Lazio have come back now looking for revenge and that's exactly what they got - although it went all the way to penalties before Lazio could get it.

St Johnstone back to their best

St Johnstone put the disappointment of the 2nd quarter of league fixtures behind them tonight to move into the semi finals of the Scottish Cup while also moving into the quarters of the Shield. St Johnstone recorded a healthy 6-3-0 in the first quarter of the season but slumped to a 3-3-3 record in the 2nd quarter.

After a 5 match winning streak with a fantastic 19-4 differential, more special than the special one Mat Mourinho spoke to the press regarding his team.

"For the first time this season I have so many players in top form it is hard to decide on my best 11. We are banging in the goals now and I think the 7-1 thrashing of Rangers has given my young team massive self belief. 5 wins on the trot is what we needed to get back on track and hunt down Kilmarnock."

"The 2nd quarter of the season was not great, my rotation policy may have played its part as the team was far from settled, but I have learned from it and the players are fully behind my project. We are looking for a strong 3rd quarter to put us in a championship winning position. In other news, I have let Andy Jackson go and brought in more exciting young talent."

"My South American scouts alerted me to Lihue Dario Prichoda who comes in from Racing. He is a fast winger who plays on the right side who will get his chance sooner rather than later. Central midfielder Patrick Funk moves here from Stuttgart who already has massive experience captaining the German under 17 side in their 2007 U-17 World Cup winning team. At only 18 years of age I am expecting big things from Patrick."

gabrielmercado.jpgfunk.jpg

Lihue Dario Prichoda and Patrick Funk

Another recent addition that surprised many fans was the acquisition of 24 year old Brazilian Araújo Maykon. Mourinho was quick to give his impression of the tricky winger.

"Maykon at 24 is older than many of my recent purchases, but he comes here with a hunger and desire to succeed. He is quick, tricky and will tear many defenders apart in this division, as he has shown in his 4 games thus far, grabbing a goal and setting up another 3. I expect him to put pressure on Kruse and Holland."

Maykon.jpg

Araújo Maykon signed from Belenenses

Araújo Maykon was quick to praise Mat Mourinho and give his thoughts about Perth.

"Mat Mourinho is fantastic. I had no hesitation in moving to this beautiful town once he showed interest in me. We have strong competition in this team but I am confident I can show my ability and own a starting jersey. It is important we do as well as possible in the cups, and soon we will be champions."

Bayern have scored 16 goals in their last two games, and close the gap on runaway leaders Schalke to 9 points!

Still in all four competitions, Romaric and Konko joined this morning, with Capel to join tomorrow, and Schweinsteiger will move to Sevilla in the third deal, for an undisclosed fee.

Ribery available for P/ex, PM me with deals. Kaladze, Zaccardo, Van Bommel and Bonera can go too, replacements needed :).

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United Latest

United have confirmed that Spanish Striker David Villa is on his way to Italy for AS Roma. The deal will see Villa, VDS and youngster Parejo going to Italy also. In return, Mirko Vucinic and Italian Goalkeeper Buffon come to Manchester.

Dan Walmsley had to say 'VDS is a fantastic player and he has been a great servant to football especially in england and for ourselves. But he is coming up to his 38th birthday and he has admitted to me that he is considering next season being his last. Therefore i found no other option but to find a replacement. Of course losing Villa is a big loss but with Vucinic, Adriano, Moreno, Cassano and Lucarili in line we are not short in cover. Another option would be to swap 2 attackers out.

United have also announced that they are in negotiations with Bayern Munich to try and bring Franck Ribery to Old Trafford to replace Legend Ryan Giggs.

'It is true i am very interested to bring him (Ribery) here, i think that Bayern wants to sell especially with the exciting young diego capel arriving in Germany. Diego was a target of our own and we were not far from agreeing to sign him ourselves. Kuldeep is a great manager and we have been negiotating on seperate players at different stages throughout the season but with both sides knowing what they want it has been difficult. I think that these talks are progressing further and hopefully ribery can arrive at Old Trafford.

Manchester United 5 - 0 Everton

A great result and another clean sheet after Dan Walmsley called for his defense to tighten up. 2 from Ibra and a hat-trick from outbound David Villa claimed an easy win and shot united 4 points clear at the top of the table with Aston Villa sitting second. Arsenal are 10 points behind, Chelsea are 11 and liverpool are 5.

Historic day for Bournemouth Town !

Bournemouth 1 - 0 Hull City

Third place in the 4th tier, Bournemouth are exeeding all expectations so far under manager Adam Johnson, with a very very young squad, lead by only a few old heads the media had them down as mid table hopefuls, at the most.

Johnsons team tonight, once again proved critics wrong by kicking out premiership team Hull City who are currently 13th in the toughest division in the world.

This send the Cherries into the fourth round of the cup against another team new to the premiership Stoke City.

Johnson was said to be over whelmed by the performance of his team, Bournemouth had over 60% possession and amassed 17 shots :eek:

COME ON BOURNEMOUTH !

Adam, in GC18 I'm in the semis as Leeds. :P Congrats on the win. :)

After some awful form, I went 11 games unbeaten (as Lazio), and moved back into the shield positions. Lost my last match, still in the Shield positions (just), but we are still going STRONG in the cups. :P

Sampdoria 0-5 Lazio (Reserves)

61 shots all match, 30 on target. :eek: 70% possession... not all one-sided though. They had 18 shots, 14 on target. We host Livorno and Cagliari in the Cup and Shield Quarters.

In other news, Bastians and Wilshere head to Swindon on loan. Cribari has left, Rodriguez Perez replaces him. Dzagoev, Iliev, Gadzhev and Taison have all joined.

Cribari is only the 2nd player I have sold. :eek: Loaned out Ballotta - selling him would be worthless and loaning him out means I'm not paying his wages. Just means that if one of those super-ultra-incredibly impossible injuries happens to Carrizo, I'm not screwed. :D

Rocchi is still available. Trying to sell him for Suchy and Saha, but deal keeps on getting blocked.

Oh ye, got the Saudi Arabia job as well. :)

SantosLagunaLogo.gif

Chris Benton Joins Santos Laguna as Manager!

Santos Laguna had been looking for a new manager since the 7th of October, after Kevin Heatons departure.

Then came along Chris Benton, and he jumped at the offer to join the club.

Benton will be playing his first game in charge at Santos Laguna on the 15th against Atlas in the League.

Benton is also looking to buy some players, and take some on loan, so please message here if you want to do any deals. ;)

10.gif

Saudi Arabia got off to a winning start under Sefton, defeating Latvia 2-1 away from home.

Latvia 0-1 Saudi Arabia - Mohammed NOOR (61)

Latvia 0-2 Saudi Arabia - Khalid AZIZ (66)

Latvia 1-2 Saudi Arabia - Maris VERPAKOVSKIS (79)

Both team unmanaged for me too, also, when looking at the formations for the match, my team's pitch is just blank. :confused:

But is the first international matches, so it is almost a test match. SM should be able to fix the bugs now, and build from this.

10.gif

Saudi Arabia got off to a winning start under Sefton' date=' defeating Latvia 2-1 away from home.

Latvia 0-1 Saudi Arabia - Mohammed NOOR (61)

Latvia 0-2 Saudi Arabia - Khalid AZIZ (66)

Latvia 1-2 Saudi Arabia - Maris VERPAKOVSKIS (79)

Both team unmanaged for me too, also, when looking at the formations for the match, my team's pitch is just blank. :confused:

But is the first international matches, so it is almost a test match. SM should be able to fix the bugs now, and build from this.

Mate how do you apply for internation jobs?

Yeah but I mean that as in I wont with my luck lol.

They should spread them out a bit better then.

Coz some people have like 3 international jobs when theres loads of people not with one.

3? Some people have about 10 lol. :P Although they are the ones in tonnes of GC's.

Netherlands News

38.gifNetherlands 1-1 Mexico 24.gif

In Sam Pooley's first game in charge of the Netherlands national squad his team faced a stern challenge against Mexico. The first chance of the game proved to be a goal when Klaas-Jan Huntelaar lobbed the ball over the keeper after finding himself in a 1 on 1 situation from some poor defending. This gave Netherlands an early lead after 22 minutes and also a 1-0 lead at half time. The second real chance of the game once again fell to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, and after a dazzling run taking three defenders out of the game he watched as his shot whistled inches past the right hand post. The next chance, and the first chance for away side Mexico didn't come until the 87th minute but boy did they take there chance. Star forward Omar Bravo lashed the ball home from 15 yards out, what a finish!! With only three minutes left the game looked destined to be a draw, but there was still one further chance in the game. A long ball from deep found advancing left back Tim De Cler but his first touch let him down, as it bounced off his shin out for a goal kick.

After the 1-1 draw manager Sam Pooley had this to say "I am pleased with my teams performance as we were definitely the better team on the night, but i do think we can improve, and i definitely think we need to score from our chances. None the less it was a very tough first game and i am pleased with both the teams performance and individual performances."

8c2e05a18841fe20.jpg

(Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored the only goal of the game for Netherlands.)

Bentons First Game In Charge - Atlas

Santos Laguna Vs. Atlas

SantosLagunaLogo.gif 2 - 2 LogoAtlas.gif

First Half

Santos Laguna, got off to a horrible start allowing Atlas' Boško BALABAN to beat the offside trap and pass the ball past the advancing goalkeeper. Things got worse for Santos Laguna on the 20th minute when Ivan ERGIC got a ball laid to him and he hammered it home. Walter JIMENEZ nearly pulled one back for Santos but was denied by the woodwork.

Second Half

Santos raced at the start of the second half on the 46th minute when Santos superstar Daniel LUDUENA finish off a slick passing movement, 2-1. Both teams were pretty even through the middle of the second half. Santos managed to pull another back to break even on the 81st minute when Jeppe CURTH who skinned the centre back and finished the ball uniquely. Santos played greatly to pull back from trailing 2-0 to get a draw.

Bentons Summary

Benton was extremely happy with his team managing to get a draw after goin 2-0. It shown his team has commitment and can work hard and dig out results.

Benton is still working on his team and new players will help his team get better results.

Santos Laguna Transfer News

After Bentons first bid for Tomasso Rocchi was blocked by the Santos chairman, Lazio offered Rocchi to Laguna for a fee of £4.5M + Matías VUOSO. Benton has accepted this offer and is awaiting the transfer to be completed.

RochiPic.jpg

Second Time Lucky for Rocchi Joining Santos Laguna?

111_1193150063.gif 2-1 126_1191220372.gif

Lazio Brush Off Siena

After losing in the last league match, Lazio returned to winning ways beating Sampdoria 5-0 in the shield. And now they have made it just 1 defeat in the past 14 games. Lazio remain in 8th position, but they have moved away from Palermo and are closing on Milan, Torino and Udinese.

Pandev put Lazio into a 9th minute lead after rebounding in Ledesma shot. Lazio begun to dominate the first half, and only some superb saves by Zaza kept it at 1-0. But just a minute into the 2nd half Mutarelli scored a stunning effort to make it 2-0. Siena weren't out of it though, and Kirichenko pulled one back with 20 minutes remaining, but Lazio held on to complete the double over Siena.

Lazio 1-0 Siena - Goran PANDEV (9)

Lazio 2-0 Siena - Massimo MUTARELLI (46)

Lazio 2-1 Siena - Dmitri KIRICHENKO (73)

803_1204923567.gif

Some excellent form of late has seen Sivasspor propel themselves to the top of the Turkish league, leapfrogging Besiktas and leaving Fenerbahce and Galatasaray in their wake. Sivasspor have won their last five matches, including thumping victories over Genclerbirligi and Ankaragucu. Narrow victories followed as the Turkish side lef by Philp beat Besiktas, Galatasaray and Denizlispor.

Sivasspor lead the table by only one point but look to extend that by beating Fenerbahce away on Saturday night. Philp is hoping for a positive victory and has said that the fans are not to be too over-optimistic as there is still a long way to go in the season. After Saturday, Sivasspor play Fenerbahce again and have to play Besiktas and Galatasaray too.

Rocchi Deal Blocked Again

Early today the Santos Laguna chairmen has yet again blocked the deal for Rocchi (Including £4.5M + Matías VUOSO from Santos), depressing Chris Benton.

But as fair as the Lazio manager was (Seftinho), he has messaged Benton offering Rocchi for £10M, and to buy Matías VUOSO for chairman value after the Rocchi deal. Benton jumped at this chance and has bid the asked price of £10M for Rocchi, then afterwards a deal for Matías VUOSO will be accepted. Benton said he really appreciates the good sportsmanship from the Lazio manager, and hopes to make more business with him in the future. :D

RochiPic.jpg

Rocchi, 3rd time lucky for Santos Laguna?

Bentons Delighted Transfer Deals

After 3 attempts,the £10M deal for Tomasso Rocchi was completed.

Benton is delighted with the deal, that he had to try 3 times for to happen.

"He Has Arrived At Last!"

RochiPic.jpg

3rd time lucky for Rocchi and his £10M move to Santos Laguna.

Benton also manged to sign another 4 players from unmanaged clubs to bulk up his squad.

Aleksei EREMENKO - £8M Paid

Mariano ANDUJAR - £11M Paid

Goran LOVRE - £8M Paid

Zoltan GERA - £6M Paid

ZoltanGera.jpg

Another 1 of Bentons fantastic 5 signings, Zoltan Gera.

111_1193150063.gif

Rocchi Heads to Santos Laguna...

As part of a deal which sees Matias Vuoso join Lazio. It is believed Sefton is looking to get rid of the aging striker and wants to add a CF to his team. With Vuoso he now has that. Vuoso will partner Pandev up front.