Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

63_front_small.gifFenerbahce 4-5 Sivasspor12_front_small.gif

Sivasspor won a nine-goal thriller away at Fenerbahce tonight to stay top of the Turkish league. Also in doing so, the Turkish team led by Ross Philp, made it seven consecutive wins in the league. Their boss was unhappy at losing four goals, but was happy that they scored five in the Sukru Saracoglu. Philp hopes that their run will continue at the moment, and has said that the next important match is on Wednesday against Kayserispor.

610x.jpg

Josip Tadic struck twice in tonight's win, standing in for the injured Yildiz Mehmet

Palermo News

117_1198417095.gif

Palermo 2-2 Catania

Udinese 2-1 Palermo

The last two games for Palermo have not been as prosperous as manager Sam Pooley had hopped. After only getting one point in these two games Palermo drop down to 11th place in the table, 3 places out of the SMFA shield spots. Although Sam's thoughts are now on the Italian cup as his Palermo side face second tier team Modena, in a game which will hopefully be another step on the way to cup success.

63_front_small.gifFenerbahce 4-5 Sivasspor12_front_small.gif

Sivasspor won a nine-goal thriller away at Fenerbahce tonight to stay top of the Turkish league. Also in doing so' date=' the Turkish team led by Ross Philp, made it seven consecutive wins in the league. Their boss was unhappy at losing four goals, but was happy that they scored five in the Sukru Saracoglu. Philp hopes that their run will continue at the moment, and has said that the next important match is on Wednesday against Kayserispor.

[img']http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gHrbawc0C9mt/610x.jpg[/img]

Josip Tadic struck twice in tonight's win, standing in for the injured Yildiz Mehmet

Yeah, good game mate. I was going top of the league if I won that. Sadly, I have no fit players. Can't wait until it's just the league with no Cup games.

125_front_small.gif263_1216893609.jpg125_front_small.gif

New Man In Moscow!

With just a third of the Russian season left, Russian giants Spartak Moskva have appointed Nasir Ali as the man to lead them to an SMFA Champions Cup place this season.

The current Russian league has been dominated by Lokomotiv Moskva and Zenit St Petersburg with the duo battling it out for top spot at the top but new man Ali believes that his team can cause and upset. He told the Spartak website: "This is where the real fun starts, we do not have to worry about starting well or keeping our form going. We now know that we aren't the favoruites and with an unproven man like me at the helm, people expect us to do worse. But I have faith in my players and do believe that we can grab an SMFA Cup spot. We have good players and good knowledge about where we want to be in 10 games time."

Mr. Ali also took his time to praise Italian playmaker Del piero and how he will play a vital role in the coming season. Del Piero who hasn't been in the best of forms lately with only 6 goals for his new club has vowed to turn things around and was delighted to have been given the opportunity to play under a new manager.

2382_1220263588.jpg

Del Piero Vows To Shine

Match Day 24

263_1216893609.jpg258_1200618860.gif

Moscow Derby

Spartak Moskva VS Lokomotiv Moskva

An extremely difficult fixture for Nasir Ali in his first game as manager of Spartak. His team are at home to current league leaders Lokomotiv who currently have a comfortable lead in the Russian league.

A defeat for Lokomotiv won't affect them too much, but a win for Spartak will mean a lot as they close down the gap with just a third of the league games remaining.

ForumBanner.jpg

Rocchi is Santos Laguna's New Capitano

Benton earlier today announced Tomasso Rocchi as Santos Lagunas new captain, he thinks Rocchi has the experience and quality to lead the team to success. Benton said: "Im relying on Tomasso to be a good captain and I have faith in him to do a good job!"

RochiPic.jpg

Rocchi, Santos Lagunas New Captain.

Benton has stated he wants to buy more players, preferably 90+.

Please notify him if you have any deals wanting permitted ;).

Manchester United have sold Zlatan Ibrahimovich to Arsenal in exchange for Thomas rosicksy, Robin Van Persie and Kolo Toure.

Rosicksy joining paves the way for united to do a direct replacement for ambrosini and strengthen the depth in the CM position for ryan giggs.

Buffon is joining United in exchange for Van Der Sar and Maicon.

Dan Walmsley said he is delighted to finally replace VDS as the player is ageing although losing maicon is significant, united can cope with castro andpossibly toure on the right side of defense.

Meanwhile United's lead at the top of the table has been cut to 3 point follwing back to back defeats to Sunderland and stoke city, Tottenham are next and United need to win to keep up their chances of a 3rd straight title.

Manchester United have sold Zlatan Ibrahimovich to Arsenal in exchange for Thomas rosicksy' date=' Robin Van Persie and Kolo Toure.

Rosicksy joining paves the way for united to do a direct replacement for ambrosini and strengthen the depth in the CM position for ryan giggs.

Buffon is joining United in exchange for Van Der Sar and Maicon.

Dan Walmsley said he is delighted to finally replace VDS as the player is ageing although losing maicon is significant, united can cope with castro andpossibly toure on the right side of defense.

Meanwhile United's lead at the top of the table has been cut to 3 point follwing back to back defeats to Sunderland and stoke city, Tottenham are next and United need to win to keep up their chances of a 3rd straight title.[/quote']

Dude who do you have up for sale Im interested, fairly interested ;)

Not really anyone your interested in, Gueye TB is up soon 24 year old 87 rating CB for £10million. But looking at your squad i think you will be aiming higher than 87 rating.

I'm trying to reduce the age of my squad so lucarili is leaving in p/e for a younger forward 91 rating with cash and giggs is leaving for a younger cm 92 rating so i don't think we can do a deal.

Have some younsters for sale after Italy Ratings Fatic and Alfonso but other than that holding onto pretty much everyone quite happy with the size of my squad and the amount of 90+ players we've aqcuired in 1 half a season

Palermo News

117_1198417095.gif

117_1198417095.gifPalermo 3-1 Modena 116_1196908781.gif

Last nights game was an escape from league pressure for Sam Pooley and his Palermo side and they played well indeed. Okay second division Modena is a team they should beat but you have still got to do it, and they did it by dominating the match from start to finish, although the result doesn't really reflect Palermo's dominance. Surprisingly Modena took the lead, when a long hopeful ball into the box was glanced in by center midfielder Longo. Just before half time Palermo equalized when Tulio saw his deflected shot go in. In the second half Palermo took control. Second half goals came from winger Yattara and forward Cavani. The man of the match award went to Yattara and four Palermo players finished the game with ratings of 10.

In the Italian cup semi-final Palermo will play Torino. While the other semi-final will be contested between Livorno and super power Internazionale.

Spartak Moskva have bought two central midfielders as it was much needed for the Russians.

Magrao (88) and Kafes (88) all arrive in Moscow for a total fee of £16,000,000.

Pretty decent price in a GC if you ask me :D

However, forgot about a previous deal which I need £2,000,000 so I have PM'd the manager to accept 2m less. If not then a player will be available for cash :)

Magrao and Kafes will NOT be making their debuts against Lokomotiv as it is too big a risk to take in Spartak's all very important derby.

Spartak Moskva have bought two central midfielders as it was much needed for the Russians.

Magrao (88) and Kafes (88) all arrive in Moscow for a total fee of £16' date='000,000.

Pretty decent price in a GC if you ask me :D

However, forgot about a previous deal which I need £2,000,000 so I have PM'd the manager to accept 2m less. If not then a player will be available for cash :)

Magrao and Kafes will NOT be making their debuts against Lokomotiv as it is too big a risk to take in Spartak's all very important derby.[/quote']

Who You Got For Sale? :P

ForumBanner.jpg

MARTINSObafemi.jpg

Obafemi Martins, Bentons Newest Signing.

Benton earlier today completed signing Obafemi Martins for a fee of £10M, and players Daniel LUDUENA & Juán Pablo RODRIGUEZ go the other way.

Benton thought this was a good deal and will be worth it on the long run.

Benton: "Im glad Ive managed to complete my deadly strike force, now I going to concentrate on the midfeild and then the defence. But Im already happy with my team, any new players will be a bonus."

Bentons Strike Force:

MARTINSObafemi.jpg

Obafemi Martins (91) First Team Player.

+

RochiPic.jpg

Tomasso Rocchi (91) First Team Player (Captain).

+

AntonioDENIGRIS.jpg

Antonio De Nigris (87) Cover-Up.

Still looking for an 88/89 cover up striker. But looking for 90+ midfielders + Defenders. Hit me up if u have any on offer cheers.

Santos Laguna Vs. UNAM

SantosLagunaLogo.gif 5-3 UNAMLogo.gif

Santos Laguna Triamphed in what was an 8 goal thriller!

Bentons new strike force worked a treat with both strikers scoring.

Goals:

Gerardo ESPINOZA (6)

Obafemi MARTINS (15)

Tommaso ROCCHI (26)

Walter JIMENEZ (49)

Rubens SAMBUEZA (61)

Thomas KRAMMER (81)

Zoltan GERA (88)

Jeppe CURTH (89)

Sending Offs:

Osmar Mares (65)

Arouna Kone (54)

Benton was extremely happy with his teams performance, especially his new signings Zoltan Gera, Tomasso Rocchi and Obafemi Martins who all managed to get on the scoresheet. He was also delighted his team performed great without the quality of Rodriguez and Luduena, and how we managed to cope with 10 men left on the park. Overall great performance.

Pretty happy as my SPartak team drew against the table toppers Loko..

Also extremely delighted as I've bought Gilardino for 8m + Del Piero... Glad as Gilardino has more years of football and is playing well in real life :D

Report to follow later ;)

111_1193150063.gif 2-0 131_1204699836.gif

Lazio March On

A disappointing penalty defeat to Livorno saw Lazio exit the cup, but they bounced back to form with victory in a tough encounter with Dai's Udinese, who are chasing a SMFA Cup spot. Lazio themselves are now with 3 points of Udinese, and move back up to 7th place. With 14 games still to play the league is unbelievable tight, and anyone could still make the top 4, although Roma are moving away at the top.

Lazio 1-0 Udinese - Cristian Daniel LEDESMA (13)

Lazio 2-0 Udinese - Michal ZEWLAKOW (68)

200px-FC_Spartak_Moscow_logo.png

Spartak Battle Well For Draw!

Spartak Moskva 2-2 Lokomotiv Moskva

Karadeniz GOKDENIZ (35)

Alessandro DEL PIERO (37)Dmitri SYCHEV (72)

Dmitri TORBINSKY (81)

Nasir Ali's first match in charge was an extremely difficult fixture at home. A fierce rivalry in Moscow with more than just three points at stake. But it seemed neither sets of supporters had anything to cheer about as the two teams came away in a 2-2 draw ina very entertaining derby.

Spartak were confident after acquiring a new manager, and the result definitely favoured them as they were the underdogs going into the game. Lokomotiv however, are a team who had been dominating the Russina league continuously throughout the league campaign, and were held to a frustrating draw.

Spartak fielded a very attacking formation with just 3 players covering at the back, their attacking line up saw Del Piero partner John Carew, along with Igor Titov.

And Italian playmaker Del piero managed to grab a goal on the 37th minute to double Spartak's lead after winger Gokdeniz had scored the home side's first.

_41848160_piero_getty300.jpg

Del Piero Grabs Second Of The Match

But little did Del Piero know that the goal scored would be his last in Russia after he headed back to Italy with Fiorentina.

Away side Lokomotiv were somewhat lucky to have come away with a draw as Torbinsky grabbed a late goal with just 9 minutes to spare, Spartak undone by the goal as they were the better team throughout the match.

russiaceleb412.jpg

Late Equalizer From Torbinsky Ruined Early Celebrations For Spartak

And the match would end 2-2 with Lokomotiv dropping their lead by two points.

Spartak Moskva dropped to fourth in the league but manager Nasir Ali was delighted with his team's heroic performances and thought they deserved more than just a point. He told SkySports: "The lads played extremely well, I think a draw justifies out performance but Loko were lucky tonight. We could of won but I think there was some error in my tactics as I told my boys to play defensive at home. Still, a draw is a draw and we will take this result with out heads held high as we know that we may have just stopped the future champions from extending their lead."

Spartak Flop Del Piero Exchanged For Gilardino

Earlier on tonight, Italian playmaker Alessandro Del Piero left Russia for his native Italy as Fiorentina came calling. Del Piero hasn't been his best in Russia, scoring just 7 goals in 21 games. He headed to Florence, along with £8,000,000 in exchange for former AC Milan striker Alberto GIlardino who looks set to tranform his Fiorentina form in Russia. Gilardino has scored a brilliant 17 goals in just 22 games and will play a massive role in Spartak's bid for an SMFA Shield spot.

Manager nasir Ali was delighted with the deal and told ESPN: "I know it isn't easy replacing Del Piero, but despite his capability, he failed to produce for us when it mattered most. With just a third of the league games remaining, we need a striker who is deadly and can finish from anywhere. I have full faith in Alberto to shine, I understand he will need time to adjust here, but he is determined and everyone here at Spartak will help him all the way"

alberto_gilardino.jpg

Gilardino - Spartak's New Deadly Weapon

Spartak Moskva face Krylia Sovetov away then an all important match against title challengers Zenit St. Petersburg. Gilardino is expected to feature in both matches.

Bentons Santos Lagunas Going Dangerously Thin

ForumBanner.jpg

Benton tonight delcared that he is in desperate need for players, and is all of a sudden starting to panic about how his team will cope with Injurys/Suspensions + Unfit players.

Benton is running with a petit squad of 20, soon to be 19, as a fee was agreed with Benton for youngster Rafael Grimaldo.

Benton is trying to stay calm about it, and in recent interviewing stated: "Im starting to get worried that Im selling players faster than Im bringing in new ones. My squad will soon be as small as 18 due to transfer listed players.

I am going to swarm the transfer market, and going to bring in a few more top quality players, focussing now mainly on getting CMs, CBs and a Back-Up striker."

More new coming soon on how Bentons Santos Laguna gets on later on this season.

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United News

Manchester United tonight drew 1-1 at home with French side Bordeaux, the result now sees United's European fate out of their own hands as even a victory against table toppers and already qualified Villereal might not be enough to see them through. United played a mixture of first teamers and second teamers in the game hoping for a win but it never came, Dan Walmsley has sent out several players on loan where they will spend the remainder of the season on loan as the first team battles for the league title, which of late they have seen slipping away.

It's top vs 2nd tommorow as United host Villa and three points are needed as United have lost their last 3 league games on the bounce.

Vs Sunderland 0 - 2

Vs Stoke 0 - 1

Vs Spurs 2 - 3

Cup Tied Buffon is expected to return along with several new signings which missed out tonight.

Meanwhile United look set to complete their squad for the season with the arrival of Ambrosini for Giggs tommorow as they have 2 players for every position.

GK - Buffon

RB - Sagna + Castro

LB - Evra + Clichy

CB - Ferdinand, Vidic, Toure + Anderson Polga

RM - Hleb + Bentley

LM - Rosicksy + Bilyaletdinov

CM - Carrick, Anderson, Yaya Toure + Ambrosini

F - Van Persie, Adriano, Moreno, Lucarili + Villa

It is believed Dan Walmsley will use this large squad to bring in some world class players for 2 excellent players next season.