Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Just noticed that Gazza, lol. :P

Adam, Div 4 is the equivalent of League 2. ;) Congrats so far though. Good luck to both of you. :)

We (Lazio) are 6th, just 2 or 3 points clear of 9th. Despite some good form, we can't get away. Sam (Pooley) is just in the Shield positions too with Palermo. Going to be a tense last half a dozen games.

haha these forum guys are jealous so and so's adamski! :D

Anyway will keep an eye on that one.

United have kept up their great form and are now top of the league, liverpool utd finale with each other still to play.

Utd 3 - 2 Newcastle

WBA 0 - 3 Utd

Utd 4 - 2 Blackburn

St Johnstone win the league!

St Johnstone have won the Scottish Division 2 title with one game in hand to fulfill manager Mat Mourinhos pre season prophecy. They have held off a strong Kilmarnock side closely challenged also by Dunfermline and a late charge by Hamilton, but in the end were too strong and now look forward to mixing it in the top flight.

gc19.jpg

During the 4 quarters of the season, St Johnstones breakdown looks like this:

6-3-0, 1st quarter, F/A 20-9

3-3-3, 2nd quarter, F/A 18-13

7-1-1, 3rd quarter, F/A 20-4

6-1-1, 4th quarter, F/A 27-10

Mourinhos transfer dealings look to have come to fruition as the side now look full of promise. The recent Scottish Cup final win against Hibernian gave Mourinho valuable funds and he added some more promising youngsters, most notable being club record signing Tijani Belaid for 5.3 million. Tijani had a great start to his St Johnstone career notching up 2 goals in his 2 starts before suffering a cruel injury, ruling him out until mid January.

belaid.jpg

Tijani Belaid

The successful Scottish Cup run went like this:

Round 2, St Johnstone 7 - 1 Rangers

Quarters, St Johnstone 3 - 1 Livingston

Semis, St Johnstone 7 - 0 Kilmarnock

Finlal, St Johnstone 3 - 2 Hibernian

Other notable signings were veteran goalkeeper Alberto Fontana, who is leading the way with an average of 8.64 in 14 appearances and young French winger Jonathan Biabiany hitting the back of the net 3 times and assisting 2 in his 9 appearances.

Alberto_Fontana_571363.jpgbiabiany.jpg

Alberto Fontana and Jon Biabiany

Jennifer_Hawkins9.jpg

Huddesfield still top

Not anymore :P Bournemouth move back to top of the table where they have been for most of the season ! :D

After a hard game against Struggling Crewe. The game finished 3-2 to Johnsons up and coming Bournemouth. Okoduwa, Renton and Blanchard. The cherries did dominate with 64% possession and 24 shots. Bournemouth are now two points clear at the top with one game remaining. Only a win against Struggling Grimbsy will guarentee the championship. Huddersfield now face third place Brighton Hove Albion who will hopefully put the sword to Gazzas title challange.

Good luck mate, to be honest wit ths young team i wasnt expecting to challange, would of liked to. Even posted when i got them mid table or play off would be my aim so im happy as Larry that im promoted :)

Need some money though, im -4 million. Thats the price of a 52 man squad lol.

Everton Relegated

Everton's new manager unveiled tonight as Adam Gutteridge was helpless as he watched his new team lose to Bolton Wanderers 2-1, which meant relegation to Division 2 next year. Adam has already started strengthening his squad, by having a bid for American Star Landon Donovan accepted by his old club LA Galaxy, he will join on a 5year contract, with keeper Wessels going the other way, in what is a great deal for both teams. He also announced that players are to be put on the transfer list, these currently include,

Andy Johnson (89 F)

Ronny (87 LB)

He has announced that more will follow

Villarreal Wins The La Liga Title!

4186302605.jpg

It was a awesome season for Villarreal. We made it to the Spanish Cup, Shield and the Champions League Semi Finals. lost all of them but it was a great accomplishment since some of our key players were injured. Cani and Nihat were the most notable ones but Capdevila, Ronaldo and Santi Cazorla also missed some time.

Team MVP

Ronaldo

20 goals - 21 assists

Ronaldo really stepped up when Nihat got seriously injured.

64448.jpg

Napoli -end of season report:

A frantic and tense end to the season saw Napoli claim 8th place in the table and secure the last SMFA Shield position by beating 2nd placed Fiorentina away with a superb 2-1 Victory to pip Seftinho's Lazio who faltered on the last day with a defeat away at AC Milan.

This completed a remarkable turnaround for Napoli whos position after 15 games read

Won 2

Drawn 7

Lost 6

Points=13

However a remarkable turnaround in fortunes occured with some inspired switches in formation/use of personnel which resulted in napoli's last 23 games reading:

Won 15

Drawn 2

Lost 6

points: 47 from 23 games :) More championship winning form:

Man of the season definetley goes To Pato who was phenomenal with his goalscoring return, Marek hamsik was superb and a special mention for Danielle mannini who proved the catalyst for napoli's turnaround in fortunes.

Napoli lost in the quarter finals of the SMFA Shield unluckily beaten by AC Milan and had a decent run in the Italian cup to the semi final. manager Ray Pauley had this to say:

"After a horror start to the season, I have to be satisfied with the season's results a SMFA Shield place secured against the odds, decent run in the SMFA shield and the signing of Alesandro and Pato brought a bit of star quality to the team,Other signings have proved difficult to secure as managers keep asking for unrealistic fees/player exchanges (If somebody else counter offers a bid for a 91/92 with Pato+Hamsik Im gunna go mad!! :mad: ) along with some good youth signings in Douglas costa, nsereko,Loic damour, Namini, Fiorillo and Simon Kjaer the future looks bright. I will certainly be aiming for a challenge at getting one of the SMFA Cup spots next season but it wont be easy with the amount of quality sides/managers in the Italian league. This is my one and only GC Team and I look forward to continually testing myself in a very tough, competitive environment. Well done lads you have done me proud. :D

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United

Manchester United were Crowned champions of England again on the final day of the season. United started the day in second place behind Liverpool who were 2 points clear with a massive Goal difference. Liverpool just needed to secure a point at home to Stoke City to win the title and win Fernando Torres took them into half-time 1-0 up it looked all over to United who were drawing 0-0 away to Hully City at halfway point.

In the second half, United dominated hitting 3 goals with no reply from Hull, news leaked in that Stoke had equalised 1-1 and then with just 5minutes remaining had nicked another goal and had won the game 2-1 gifting United the title!

Dan Walmsley told the press 'I am delighted with this title, the team is very strong now and next season i think it is good enough to win more trophies as well as the league!

I need that cash asap, need to strengthen for division 3. My team wasnt even that strong for div 4, all of them are to young and need more time to increase in ratings lol.

Hopefully ill get out of my 1.4 million debt and have 1-2 million to spend.

Your leeds in this setup aint you buddy, Hopefully ill be in the same division as you next season !

UP THE CHERRIES !

I need that cash asap' date=' need to strengthen for division 3. My team wasnt even that strong for div 4, all of them are to young and need more time to increase in ratings lol.

Hopefully ill get out of my 1.4 million debt and have 1-2 million to spend.

Your leeds in this setup aint you buddy, Hopefully ill be in the same division as you next season !

UP THE CHERRIES ![/quote']

I'm Leeds in 18, Lazio in this setup. Only mentioned Leeds, because the whole season had gone to waste in the final game of both GC18 and 19 for me. =/

A bit of a joke really, I'm united and am waiting for the chance to do deals with clubs that i did 3 with last season to try and get a squad together.

The problem with them starting it so late is that apparently the first game is in 2day and with no sign still it will be a rush to try and get players in how aren't cup tied, Sort it out SM!