Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Super 7 Everton

Everton 7-1 Birmingham City

After being relegated last year, Everton were looking to get off to the best start possible, as they try to get back into the premiership on the first time of asking. They certainly did this.

A hat-trick from transfer listed Andy Johnson, and two from Jolean Lescott, one apiece from new signing Landon Donovan and short Loan signing Affelay were enough to put an unmanaged Birmingham City side away, and send Everton rocketing to the top of Division 2.

Lost 3-2 to Livorno. :(

I'm still confused as to how I'm in the SMFA Shield after coming 9th...?

You are in the shield because there are 6spots designated frm each league to SMFA Shield...the teams finishing between 5th-8th and the 2domestic cup winners. Livorno won one of the cups and took a deserved spot and you were lucky somebody in the top 8 (cant remember who) won the other cup meaning the next highest placed team in the league, in this case lucky you! :P gets the last remaining smfa shield spot.

Livorno may have beat you tonight but they done you a big favour last season when you look at it!

Game 1-Season 2

Catania 3

Napoli 6

Napoli started the season winning a pulsating game by 6 goals to 3.

The goalscorers for napoli were Lavezzi, Domizzi Pato (2), Bogliacino and gargano. A unfortunate nicola Dica scored a hat-trick for catania but ended up on the losing side. The victory was thouroughally deserved as napoli dominated the match and is an exciting and pleasing strt to the season for manager Ray Pauley in his 2nd season.

All the usual big teams in Italy had good opening day results with Inter beating udinese in the first big clash of the season. Roma, juventus and milan had comfotable victories, surprise of the day was probably newly promoted livorno beating Seft's Lazio and is another big achievement on the Livorno managers CV as he has done a terrific job with them so far.

More good news for napoli came in the form of Sergio Asenjo joining from Auxerre for 19M. the manager knows it is a big fee but is convinced that this kid will be one of the best keepers in the world before to long...he is expected to provide stiff competition for the ageing yet still dependable Iezzo in the napoli Goal.

mnu-1.gif

Champions Manchester United opened then new season with a hard fought away victory 3-2 over Aston Villa. The side from Birmingham took the lead twice from captain Barry only for David Villa to pull the game back twice and Robin Van Persie hit the winner late in the game. The result was good against a side that finished 3rd by some margin last year however there was bad new as Rio Ferdinand will be out for 6weeks.

In transfer News Ibrahim Allefay joined the club yesterday in exchange for Alfredo Moreno + £15mil a deal the club was delighted with while another young AM looks set to join the club. This is the Manchester United squad for the new season.

GK - Buffon

LB - Evra + Clichy

RB - Sagna + Castro

CB - Vidic + Ferdinand

CB - Toure + Metresacker + Anderson Polga

LM - Rosicky + Adriano

RM - Srna + Bentley

DM - Mascherano

CM - Flamini + Ambrosini + Anderson

AM - Allefay + Ederson

F - David Villa + RVP + Cassano

Overall i am happy with my squad, there are a few changes which will be made during the second season as we look to defend our title but also challenge for the European and Domestic Cups. There are still 5 players to be sold for p/e however as we look for a new F and some more MF options...

Wow, that's an incredible team mate.:eek: Quality first 11, quality reserve 11. Get rid of Polga and bring in another striker, and you're complete.

Ray, ah that's why. I was confused because it's all changed now, and only 2 teams get in the SMFA Shield and 2 cup teams.

Wow' date=' that's an incredible team mate.:eek: Quality first 11, quality reserve 11. Get rid of Polga and bring in another striker, and you're complete.

Ray, ah that's why. I was confused because it's all changed now, and only 2 teams get in the SMFA Shield and 2 cup teams.[/quote']

Thanks Seft, i was looking at the great job you are doing at Leeds in GC18 and the stick i was getting from Port Vale + Huddersfield to come back i've gone for it so i'm back at Darlington but need to sort out my squad quickly although there is a good amount of cash in the bank for a small team.

I have agreed a deal to lose Polga for a great young prospect CB who is 89 so i will you Toure to get another F and either a CM or DM before i try and offload Rosicky before the English ratings!

Lost 2-1 to an unmanaged Plymouth, not gonna lie, im annoyed, very annoyed :mad::P

Oh well plenty more games left and with the impending rating changes my team and squad will be alot stronger thankfully.

Today Marius Gaman completed his 1.7 million move to Dean Court. Bids on Pamic and Oremus have been accepted and will hopefully join the squad soon.

Hopefully i can turn things round now, my Bournemouth are slowly looking like a little outfit :)

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United have followed up the opening day 3-2 victory against Aston Villa with two more wins and a draw, picking up a piece of silverware along the way. After the hard fought three points at Villa park United comfortably saw off stoke 3-1 at Old Trafford and then beat Arsenal 2-1 in the Charity Shield match at New Wembley. United then welcomed rivals Chelsea to Old Trafford and the two sides played out a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Meanwhile, United have added to their squad with the recent arrivals of Ibrahim Allefay, Honorato Ederson, Serdar Tasci and Stephane Ruffier. Here is this seasons Transfer Activity:

(In)

Ibrahim Allefay - £15million + Alfredo Moreno

Honorato Ederson - £13.2million

Stephane Ruffier - £4.3million

Serdar Tasci - £6.3million + Anderson Polga

Dan Walmlsey said he was delighted with his transfer transactions so far this season 'To bring the two young AM's Ederson + Allefay was great as they both have great futures ahead of them. Ruffier is also on for the future and will play as our back up keeper to Buffon. Finally Tasci is the German CB partnership along with our other CB Metresacker and the deal using Polga was right in the long-term for the club.' United also confirmed that a bid has been placed for an unnamed youth team player.

Finally United have a tough few games coming up with the kick-off of this years champions league closing in so all loaned out players have been called back, here is United next 5 games:

Newcastle United (A) - League

Juventus (A) - Europe

Manchester City (H) - League

Barnet (H) - English Cup

Tottenham (A) - League

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United's good start to the season came to a stuttering standstill as an away game at Newcastle inflicted United's first defeat of the new season. The Toon army left St. James Park with a famous 2-1 victory over the red devils. This result was followed by a draw in the first Champs Cup game tonight against Italian giants Juventus, Dan Walmsley spoke to the media after the game:

'To be 2-0 up at half-time was terrific and we were controlling the game but we never came out in the second half and Juventus hit back with 2 goals in 6 minutes to prevent us from a good start in our Group which is key to qualification with 4 cracking teams involved. We face Milan next week and we must not allow our concentration to slip or we will find ourselves in big trouble.'

Transfer (Out)

Manchester United have confirmed that Kolo Toure is still available the CB has been linked with Tottenham, Lyon and Bayern although the first two have cooled interest it is understood United still hope a deal can be struck with Munich to strengthen elsewhere. United's available players are:

DF

Kolo Toure

Marek Jankulovski

MF

Tomas Rosicky

Massimo Ambrosini

David Bentley

F

Antonio Cassano

It is unlikely any players in the squad that are not on this list will be moving away from the club - at least not soon.

Transfers (In)

United have revealed they are chasing 2 unnamed players for cash in the coming days but targets at managed clubs will hopefully be acquired using the players on the list above and for that reason are also being kept quiet.

Did GC19 become boring? Anyway the show must go on!

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United 1 - 0 Manchester City

Red will be the colour in Manchester on Monday as United edged a hard-fought Derby day game against rivals City. David Villa was the hero as he scored the only goal of the game early in the second half to put right the 2-1 defeat suffered at Newcastle earlier in the week.

Transfers (Out)

Kolo Toure is the subject of an accepted from Fiorentina which includes cash + Riccardo Montolivo + zdravko Kuzmanovic. The deal also looks set to pave the way for Massimo Ambrosini to leave the club for the right deal.

It is a busy week ahead of United as they host Barnet in the first round of the English Cup followed by an away trip to Tottenham. Then it's another installment of the European cup as United play AC Milan at Old Trafford. The week ends again at home with londoners Fulham travelling to Manchester.

How did Gc19 become boring ? :confused:

Has one of the most competitive youth transfer markets in any GC ! i should know, iv been trying to sign em with my Bournemouth :P

Love this setup !

Seriously need the rating changes to start, because my Bournemouth are struggling quality wise against other division three teams who have oldies :D

Currently 6 points behind top in 8th place.

Everton - A Different Class

After winning their first match of Division 2, 7-1 against Birmingham City, Everton have carried on their superb start to the season, winning their next 4 matches.

Tranmere Rovers 2-5 Everton

Burnley 2-5 Everton

Everton 4-1 Reading

Nottingham Forest 1-2 Everton

They sit top of the league, 15points out of 15, scoring 23goals and conceding only 7goals.

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United 1 - 0 Barnet

Manchester United battled their way into the second round of the English Cup as Division 5 side barnet pushed them to their limits. It was United's reserve side that was was fielded as expected but many people inside Old Trafford would have been expecting a much easier result than the one that was scrapped for. The final score was Manchester United 1 - 0 Barnet with Antonio Cassano scoring the only goal of the game on the 57th minute. While the stats show United dominated, Dan Walmsley praised Barnet for their performance.

'They came to Old Trafford and really had a go at us playing 2 men upfront which is unusual as you'd normally expect 5 men in midfield with the solitary striker but credit to them and their manager as they pushed us all the way and gave a good account of themselves.

Transfer News Latest

Still no new arrivals at The Theatre Of Dreams but 1 player has left the club, Sukuta-Pasu the young German prospect left for St. Johnstone for a fee of £1million. Dan Walmlsey said that money was needed to raise funds for several players he has his eyes on over the coming days. Daniel Carrico is attracting interest from Russian Giants Zenit with one deal collapsing already, it is believed a new bid of £2million will be processed soon.

Finally the biggest news of the day is Kolo Toure's move to Fiorentina is back on for Kuzmanovic + Montolivo + cash unless Roma make the offer that United have layed down, Roma have verbally accepted but have until tommorow to make the offer or Toure moves to Fiorentina.

mnu-1.gif

Tottenham Hotspurs 0

Manchester United 1

Manchester United made it 3 wins on the Bounce with a 1-0 win against out of form Spurs. As well as being 3 wins on the spin, the victory also represented 3 clean sheets and 1-0 wins. United dominated throughout and missed several chances until Mathieu Flamini broke the deadlock on the 67th minute. The results moves United into 3rd, 1 point behind QPR and 3 points behind leaders Chelsea with 6 games gone.

Next up is AC Milan at Old Trafford in the Champs Cup on Friday Night...

Transfers (Out)

Daniel Carrico - £1.5million - Zenit St Petersburg

Kolo Toure - Mirko Vucinic + Mikel Arteta - AS Roma

Transfers (In)

Thiago Carleto - £4million - Vecindario

Dan Walmsley spoke on his recent Transfer Activity:

On Carrico Leaving - He is a very gifted player and one who i would have liked to held onto as i think he has a great future ahead of him, i'm sure Zenit will be very happy at acquiring him but we had our reasons for selling and they will shine through in the coming weeks.

Kolo Toure Depature - He was a model defender and a great proffesional who was fully commited and always gave the club 110% when called on, i just thought that with his talent sitting on the bench we could add some depth to the squad which is nearly complete.

Arrival of Thiago Carleto - He is a very exciting young LB and we fought off alot of competition to land him so i am delighted to have him here, he has a tough job to break into a side that has Evra and Clichy on the books so for now he will go out on loan to gain some first-team experience.

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United 0

AC Milan 1

Manchester United were defeated by Italian giants AC Milan in a highly awaited big clash at Old Trafford. Both teams stuck to their policies of domestic business first and played second teams, although United's line-up looked significantly stronger in every department Dan Walmsley was left dissappointed by the result and performance of his team.

'This was a chance for the players who aren't getting a look in for the main squad to show me what they can do on the big stage and sadly there wasn't really a player on the pitch for us tonight that showed enough to be considered for a call-up. We only have 1 forward for the second-team and this is beginning to show, i will be delighted when Vucinic and Arteta arrive as mirko will give us more options, then perhaps we can improve in the cups as our record was poor last season in them despite the great effort in winning the league by the first team.'

United will be looking to pick up 3 points at home against Fulham tommorow to close in on leaders and new main rivals Chelsea.

Transfer Latest

Rumours around the club speculate that a deal has verbally been agreed for rosicky to leave the club although the deal type is unknown. It is also believed Mikel Arteta's arrive will push out David Bentley who will be used as a pawn for a replacement for Tomas Rosicky.

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United 3

Fulham 2

Manchester United closed the gap at the top of the table to just one point after fighting back from a goal behind twice before taking the lead in the 49th minute to claim an important win at Old Trafford against Londoners Fulham.

Fulham Scorers : S. Davies (15), R. Vittek (42)

Man Utd Scorers: J. Mascherano (27), M. Flamini (48), C. Adriano (49)

Utd Line-Up

Buffon

Toure-----Vidic-----Evra

Mascherano

Srna-----Flamini-----Ambrosini-----Adriano

Villa-----Van Persie

League & Cup Latest

English Cup & Shield:Through to the Second Round of the Shield thanks to a bye. Face Chelsea in Round 2 of the Cup after a 1-0 win against Division 5 side Barnet.

A look at the League Table and Champions Cup Table:

ManUtdTable.jpg

ManUtdCTable.jpg

Transfer News

Kolo Toure finally completed his move to Italy as Mikel Arteta and Mirko Vucinic arrived in Manchester. United have made a bid for another LB prospect as they also look set to offload Tomas Rosicky + Marek Jankulovski for an Unnamed CM player. David Bentley is being used as Bait to find a replacement for Rosicky which will leave united with just a DM player to cover for Mascherano until the squad is completed for the season.

I will reduce my reports to once per week on a sunday morning using this format from now on as the thread seems to have died off.

A Mixed Week For The Champions...

mnu-1.gif

Queens Park Rangers 2

Manchester United 0

Manchester United boss Dan Walmsley was left fuming by referee Mike Riley after the 2-0 defeat against high-flying new boys QPR after Robin Van Persie was sent off after 1 minute and then Patrice Evra on the 31st minute as United fell 4 points off the pace at the top of table.

QPR Scorers: P. Agyemang (2,5)

Man Utd Scorers:

United Line-Up

Buffon

Sagna-----Vidic-----Evra

Srna-----Flamini-----Mascherano-----Adriano

Allefay

Villa-----Van Persie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 7

Lyon 0

United blasted away rivals Lyon in thrilling friendly win and put an end to the war of words between both managers which threatened to boil over earlier in the week!

Man Utd Scorers: Ferdinand (2), Van Persie (7,32,57), Evra (17), Flamini (76),Arteta (83)

Lyon Scorers:

United Line-up

Buffon

Sagna-----Ferdinand-----Vidic-----Evra

Arteta-----Flamini-----Mascherano-----Adriano

Villa-----Van Persie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 4

Bolton 1

Back to winning ways for United at home following the dissappointing defeat at QPR although they didn't gain any ground on the 2 teams above...

Man Utd Scorers: Clichy (10), Flamini (24,66), Adriano (30)

Bolton Scorers: Makaay (15)

United Line-up

Buffon

Sagna-----Vidic-----Clichy

Mascherano

Arteta-----Flamini-----Anderson-----Adriano

Villa-----Vucinic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League + Cup Latest

English Cup + Shield: Face Chelsea at Old Trafford today in the 2nd Round of the Cup. Face Huddersfield Town in the Shield Round 2 next week.

SMFA Champions Cup: Face Boca Juniors on Thursday night.

Meanwhile, United stay 3rd but 4 points off top team Chelsea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer News (Out)

David Bentley leaves in a straight swap for Gokhan Inler

Tomas Rosicky leaves along with £4million for Albert Riera, United then sell Espanyol Massimo Ambrosini for £15million.

United's Current Squad

GK - Buffon + Ruffier

RB - Sagna + Castro

LB - Evra, Clichy + Jankulovski

CB - Ferdinand, Vidic, Metresecker + Tasci

DM - Mascherano

CM - Flamini, Anderson + Inler

AM - Allefay + Ederson

RM - Arteta + Srna

LM - Adriano + Riera

F - Villa, Van Persie, Vucinic + Cassano

Youth Players - Thiago Carleto, Rafael Caroca.

Transfer Plans

Marek Jankulovski will be leaving the club on the 29th Jan when his TB is over for an unnamed young Cm player along with some cash.

United have lined up 2 89 rated players who will hopefully hit 90 soon to buy and then p/e out when they get their respective rating changes for a DM then the 2nd team is fully complete...

When we have the depth i will then look to bring more quality in, possibly giving 2 players for 1 in some positions and the rebuild my depth when we have more quality. I have agreed the biggest transfer of the season verbally but am waiting to complete a CM and DM position before i give the deal the green light... Next update a week today!

It's been a yo-yo start to S2 for Lazio, and that continued after we defeated Udinese 2-1.

So far it's been, L, D, W, L, W, W, L, W, L, W

In the cup it's been: W, D (out on pens), D (out on pens), L (out on away goals). =/

We sit 9th in the table, only 4 points off 4th place and 5 off the leaders.

mnu-1.gif

Transfer Latest

Manchester United today unveiled 2 new signings at the Liverpool V Manchester United Pre-Match Conference...

Renan.jpg

Brito Renan - The GK joined for £18.6million from Recreativo De Huelva and will be 2nd choice keeper behind Buffon. He is out on loan to Burton Albion for the rest of the season. United beat off competition from several other clubs to land the Brazilians signature.

Galvan.jpg

Martin Galvan - The 15 year old will slot straight into the youth academy along younsters such as Ruffier, Carleto and Caroca. Joined from Cruz Azul in £250,000 deal.

A Bad Start But Good Finish To The Week...

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United 0 - 1 Chelsea - English Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 9 - 0 Norwich - League

Boca Juniors 0 - 1 Manchester United - Champs Cup

Liverpool 0 - 3 Manchester United - League

mnu-1.gif

Manchester United 5 - 2 Huddersfield Town

Manchester United 2 - 0 Middlesborough

Transfer Latest

Manchester United have signed top Spanish prospect Calvo Alberto Bueno from Lokomotiv Moskvo for £1.5million.

Bueno.jpg

Meanwhile Dan Walmsley has told United fans that the club will pull off the biggest transfer deal of the season after Friday nights Champions Cup game against Juventus...

So end of the season i presume you will be selling my lowely Bournemouth a couple of low-mid range 80's for cash ey B):P

After an awful start, Bournemouth are currently in the play off zone and have ALOT to do to catch up the leaders and second place.