Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Two times Spainish Champions and SMFA Champions beaten by Bournemouth' date=' I knew Spain was a shocker in this setup... Good win ;)

Yeah, you can take Higuain now if you want although i'll hold onto tasci and inler until playoffs start. You can take pique until you get tasci if you like though?[/quote']

LOL, had some really good players in his team aswel.

Ill take Higuain now, and ill just wait for the others, make sure he is available to loan !

:D Cheers dan

LOL' date=' had some really good players in his team aswel.

Ill take Higuain now, and ill just wait for the others, make sure he is available to loan !

:D Cheers dan[/quote']

good win Mr.Adamski.

I think my team got caught looking ahead to all the golfing they will be doing this off season? :)

Banner.jpg

Banner by Nick Justice.

De Ja Vu?

WiganAthleticFC.jpg0 - 2 mnu-1.gif

Manchester United went to the JJB Stadium knowing that only a victory would realistically give them any chance of retaining the title with just 2 games to go and they didn't dissappoint their travelling support, as goals from Portuguese pair Mountinho and Ronaldo in the second half took the title race to the final game...again.

UtdTable09.jpg

Just like last season, United need to win while hoping that the team above them lose... Last year Liverpool needed just a point at home to Stoke City to clinch the title and when they went in 1-0 up half-time it seemed they would be crowned EPL champions but Stoke hit back in the second half with 2 goals without reply... gifting United the title - who beat Hull City 4-1.

Chelsea travel away to Manchester City which is of course a tough tie while the Red Devils are at home against WBA...

Transfer News

Ugur, DEMIRKOL leaves in a £4million move to Flamengo.

Maic, SEMA completes £10,000 deal and joins United youth team.

Napoli perform minor Miracle as race for the last SMFA Spot goes down to the final Day.

Livorno 2 Napoli 3

In an amazing finish at the Picchici stadium, Napoli somehow scrambled a vital victory with 2 goals in the last 3 minutes when all seemed lost. Livorno scored twice with an equaliser by Pato inbetween, but at 2-1 down with 3mins to go the race looked over until a late equiliser by D'alessandro was followed up by a late,late winner by Napoli's player of the season Pato who notched his 25th league goal of the season in a fantastic campaign.

manager Ray Pauley said:

"What a game we did not play well and in all honesty Livorno probably deserved the win, but it just goes to show the spirit and charachter that this bunch of players have, the never say die attitude can only help us and sets up a thrilling end to the season. It is true we need lazio not to win, but all we can concentrate on is trying to win our game and that will be no easy task against a strong palermo team"

Lazio notched a fantastic 4-1 victory away at Juventus, however Fiorentina faltered with defeat at home to Roma this sets up an exciting last day of the season with all 3teams still in with a shout.

4 lazio 71 GD +26

5 Napoli 69 GD +36

6 Fiore 68 GD +26

The final day fixtures are:

lazio V Inter

Napoli v Palermo

Udinese V Fiorentina

All 3 are tough fixtures which could go either way, however if napoli win and lazio fail to win then Napoli will clinch 4th spot against the odds when you consider Lazio,Fiorentina and Roma all have stronger squads and would be a fitting finish to an unbelievable effort from the Napoli squad. Although Im sure Luke would not agree with me :P

Milan.gif

AC Milan Latest

After winning the Italian league title convincingly with games to spare, Milan manager Troy Lamagna set about rebuilding his squad for next season with ambitions of retaining their domestic crown as well progressing further in both the domestic and european cups. Troy promised AC Milan fans a big name signing in his first step to freshen things up for the new season and he didn't dissappoint them:

rooney.jpg

Muntari.jpg

Wayne Rooney and Suli Muntari both joined from fierce rivals Inter Milan in exchange for Adebayor and De Rossi. Troy spoke to the media about his latest arrivals:

'I'm delighted with the deal, Wayne is a class act and will help us break down the opposition next season with his creativity and hard workrate for the team. Muntari is always improving as a player and overtime i expect him to fill the boots left behind by De Rossi.'

Milan officials have hinted that more transfer activity should be expected as the club works overtime in pre-season to improve the squad...

sfondi-milan-1.jpg

Milan's reserves have tasted the sweestness of success by rounding off a remarkable Serie A campaign with a 4-1 win away to Bologna. Youngster Stevan Jovetic and German Denis each had a brace in this historic day.

Milan finished 10 points clear at the top in the extremely tough Seie A. Here are manager Troy Lamagna's words.... " This is a fantastic day for everyone associated with AC Milan. This title comes down to the work we put in on the training ground every day, and how our players gave there all for the black and red uniform every time they put it on. To go 20 league games unbeaten down the stretch is an incredible feat, something which has ultimately given us the title.

TRANSFER NEWS

5577_1238495791.jpg

Milan have had an accepted bid for utility player Mathieu Bodmer, who will surely see some time with the second team as well as in the first team. Leaving the club is Mehmet Yildiz, whos chances were limited due to the depth at the forward position.

Milan are sure to have a busy offseason with transfers and manager Troy Lamagna trying to lead Paraguay to World Cup glory, but for now at least the red half of Milan can take a break knowing their beloved rosonerri are Serie A Champions!

Napoli fail agonizingly short in race for SMFA Cup spot.

Napoli 0 Palermo 0

Napoli were unable to get the victory that would have earnt them a SMFA cup spot after a hard fought draw at Home to Palermo, despite the sending off of Napoli midfielder Maggio, the Napoli team bravely kept going forward but were unable to break through a resolute Palermo defence.

Fiorentina stole the last SMFA spot with a 2-1 win at Udinese to earn the spot on goal difference from Lazio who faltered losing 2-1 at home to Internazionale.

"Despite not earning the last spot and finishing the year in 6th I can only be pleased with my players effort they gave it everything and in relative terms with the strength of squads of teams in Italy it is still a great achievement and is another indicator of the progress we are steadily making at this club. I felt that Lazio or ourselves deserved the last SMFA spot but alas it was not meant to be"

Manager Ray pauley would like to take this opportunity to congratulate GC19 forum regulars Milan,Zenit and San Lorenzo managers on there title successes, whilst offering comisserations to DanW who lost out to his arch enemy Keegan in the English EPL. Also good luck message is sent out to AFC Bournemouth in there upcoming play-off matches.

Transfer News:

Napoli have been very busy in the transfer market in the last few days with 3 big name arrivals.

Antonio Nocerino arrives from Ajax with Pitropia and Zayaleta heading the other way and will add a bit more quality to the CM area.

Leighton baines arrives from Charlton for 14m and will battle Canella for the LB spot next season, whilst veteren goalkeeper Mark Schwarzwer arrives from Lokomotiv Moscow for 4m, his experience will prove vital in next seasons campaign.

Out go Joey Godee for £800,000, Argentine youths Paglialunga leaves to Livorno for 3.8m whilst Javier Garcia was allowed to leave for Lanus in a deal worth 6.8m after being deemed surplus to requirements.

Banner.jpg

Banner by Nick Justice.

Chelsea Crowned Champions...

mnu-1.gif6 - 1 WBAFC.gif

United started the game needing a victory with rivals Manchester City doing them a massive favour in beating Chelsea at home. Things got off to a fantastic start when they were 2-0 up in just 7 minutes in with goals from Inler and Messi. United then started to pull away thanks to another goal from Messi along with goals for Allefay and Van Persie (29,32). The Baggies pulled a consolation goal back but without the point they needed themselves they were relegated to Division 2. Meanwhile, Chelsea had finally took the lead at City before scoring again and taking the Championship...

Untitletable.jpg

Transfer News

Things are quiet regarding transfer activity around Old Trafford as the club begins plans for next season in what is hoped will be a much more successful campaign after landing just the Charity Cup this season. Dan Walmsley has confirmed he is waiting to see what investment (If any) he recieves from the chairman and board before deciding how to spend the money however he has signalled out his midfield, where he wants to do the most strengthining...

'I would like to sign a new RB with Dani Alves or Sergio Ramos my main target as i look to complete a solid back 4. To finish up front i'm looking into bringing David Villa back to Old Trafford to partner Messi as i think we really missed his goals after he went to Barcelona... That would easily give us the best GK, DF and attack in the world by a country mile! Then we have alot of work to do in the MF where ultimatley i think selling Mascherano may have cost us the title as our form without him was awful, he gave us some quality in the middle and we missed that.

We have Christiano Ronaldo on the right which is fantastic but i want a new LW and a couple of world class CM's and a DM i am more than happy with my AM's Allefay who has been fantastic this season and Ederson.

Top 5 Shortlist

Sergio Ramos

David Villa

Javier Mascherano

Arjen Robben

Wesley Sneijder

Meanwhile, Dan walmsley would also to look congratulate the regulars on here on their success and wish them goodluck next season as well as comisserations to those who also missed out on their main goals.

SanLorenzoFootballBadge.png

Summer spree? San Lorenzo boss Carlo Bradford has promised lots of changes before next season

It was revealed last night that San Lorenzo boss Carlo Bradford could offload plenty of his 'stars' in order to bring in lots of new faces.

Bradford will allow Juan Carlos MENSEGUEZ and Sergundo Castillo to leave in the hope of securing one or two new players, it is thought that he could also let star man Danijel Pranjic leave for a good offer.

Bradford has already identified one player he wants to sign and will make a big bid for him when he receives money from his chairman.

bournemouth-logo-18_278879a.jpg

Its the big one!

AFC Bournemouth VS Stockport County

Tonight, at 20:00 , AFC Bournemouth and their fans will be participating in the biggest game of the clubs recent history. After a 2-0 semi final win over the West Midlands outfit Walsall, Bournemouth find themselves in the playoff final against 4th place Stockport County.

Although finishing behind Bournemouth, Stockport go into this game as favourites after beating their rivals 2-1 on both occassions. Something that Johnson had something to say about:

"Yes we lost both our games to them, but if you look at the stats we dominated in both games. We are the better of the two teams, in the league our tactics are a different kettle of fish compared to now, now we will be attacking, we are usually a conservative defensive side who builds on there defense, but we need to score to beat these, they are a good team, but we can win"

AFC Bournemouth are in a little bit of trouble after on loan striker Higuain is to NMF to play the final. Bournemouth have logged interest in several players for tonights game only.

Toni, Demichelis, Van Bommel, Kaladze, Taddei, Josue, Borriello, Borowski, Bonera, Pelletieri, Andre Dias, Lell, Javi Garcia, Cesar Azplicueta, Rensing and Breno available for p/ex at Bayern, where a big overhaul is wanted :). Looking to add some strength to the team.

AC MILAN could save the day!

After recently announcing to the press that Bournemouth were in a predicament regarding the lack of a quality striker for tonights Play off final, Th giving AC Milan manager contacted the South West club offering a striker. Moments ago Turkish CF Yildiz joined Bournemouth in training for the match tonight.

2008_04_29_mehmet_yildiz_antrenman_esofman.jpg

Although weary of doing this, Johnson has over the last hour drawn up a 14 man Short list of player he believes will be able to strengthen the first eleven and the squad. The funds invested by the chairman in the pre season will buy each of these players, along with any unwanted deadwood being sold aswel. Johnson is in talks with a scout, to try and find yet more undiscovered talent and bring them to AFC Bournemouth.

Banner.jpg

Banner by Nick Justice.

UtdhomeKit.jpgmnu-1.gifUtdawayKit.gif

Transfer Latest

With Dan Walmsley waiting for the release of next seasons fixture list before making any major new signings Manchester United have brought in several new faces to go straight into the youth team:

Andrea, CATELLANI

Vincenzo, PEPE

Desmond, NZE KOUASSI

Aleksander MARENICH

Daniele, SODDIMO

Daniel, MULLEN

Gabriel, MENDEZ

Adam, DUDAS

Congrats on that play-off win Adam, goodluck next season.

Well done adam on winning thee play offs :)

we will both have to improve next season. i jus aim to stay up :)

Tell me about it,

Next season, ALL i aim to do is rebuild and strengthen my squad, iv drawn up a shortlist but about 7 of those players are at unmanaged teams with 21 ruddy players :mad:

Fingers crossed we both stay in the division bud :)

Napoli Season preview

Q What are your expectations for the coming season?

The chairman has given me an aim to gain a SMFA Competition, however I shall be aiming higher than merely 8th after the agonising finish to last season when just missing out on the Chamopions League, I will be doing my best to try and match or even surpass last seasons achievements

Q Do you honestly think an SMFA CL spot is a real possibility?

It is something we have to have a go at, it will be incredibly tough, the Italian League is IMO the strongest league in this setup, so many great teams with great managers. We have an injury crisis with 3 of our best players D'Alessandro,Skrtel and Maggio injured for some time but we just have to roll our sleeves up and get on with it.

Q Who do you see as your main challengers?

The big 4 of Milan,Inter,Juve and Fiorentina will be incredibly tough to overtake and then you have great teams such as Lazio,Roma,Udinese,Palermo to add to the mix not to mention well managed teams such as Livorno,Parma,Genoa and Bologna to add to the mix and you can see what a tough task it will be.

Q You are in the SMFA Shield this season, is this a priority??

Lasdt year I sacrificed to go for the league however this year I will be fielding a relatively strong side, we have a very tough draw in the first round against the crack German outfit VFB Stuttgart but this is a competition we want to win and we shall be giving it our best shot

Q Any transfer news??

Yes we have strengthend the squad with the arrival of experiened Paraguayian Right Full back Bonet (89) who will be a good addition if we want to play a flat back four, Magrao arrives for 8m from Gremio and will be one for the future, but perhaps the most exciting arrival is that of Domenico Criscito the hugely talented CB arrives from Genoa. Departures include Cannavaro+Cabrera to Genoa, whilst veteren GK Iezzo leaves for Mallorca in a 5m deal

Q Your prediction for the title??

Has to be Milan they won it last year and have strengthend again, i think they will be a very tough nut to crack

1217496874110.gifEverton Ready for the New Season

After taking over a relegated Everton last year, a year on Everton are back in the Premiership and ready to face the biggest clubs in the world, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea. Manager Gutteridge has stated thats hes aiming for a top 8 finish, he knows this will be difficult with all the great teams and players in the EPL, but without the distractions of Europe, his sole priority is the league.

Gutteridge has picked a new captain for the team this year, and this will be Tim Cahill who has had many offers made for him over the summer break. Joleon Lescott will be vice-captain. Gutteridge said, 'hes priveliged to be back in the EPL facing great managers like Dan Walmsley and Treble 1999, and hopes that he can beat Keegan Valbuena, and that even if they dont beat Chelsea in the league hes hoping he will beat them in the 2 games. They face Blackburn Rovers in the first game of the season.

Bournemouth ready for Division 2 !!

Adam Johnson has discussed his sides chances of surviving in division two. After rising from division 4, to 2, in just two seasons, many doubt the squads ability and strength to cope at such a high level.

Johnson stated " So far this pre seaosn iv bought in 8 players, selling one, and im selling another as we speak. The players i bought in, over the season will improve ( rise :D ) and will play integral parts to the season, especially Madson, who is sought after by Bayern, Iraklis and Napoli. Loans have also been brought in which see's amongst others the talented Adrian Colunga join Bournemouth, he is set to spear head the attack with Nigerian starlet Ideye Brown.

Johnson was asked by a local SMFA news reporter if thats the end of his transfer activites?:

"No its not, *chuckles*, As mentioned im currently selling a player for one million pounds to parma, for a club like Bournemouth, thats good cash. This will increase our funds to a level where i hope i can bring in 1 or 2 young strikers in, as i feel this is the weakest area of my team. Also, Forlin, might be leaving to join up and coming Italian force Napoli, no deal has been reched yet but it is expected to be a player + cash deal. I hope we can sort something out for this talented player in all honesty, he deserves to play at the highest level"

Inter Milan Want Italian Title

After coming in 2nd place last season, to a well organized Milan team, Inter’s Manager Ben Davey has stressed the importance of winning the title this upcoming season. “We were very disappointed last season as we had a one time got a commanding lead, however, through injuries and some poor tactical errors we ended up dropping to 2nd and never recovered our top spot. This season we have made a few changes, bringing in David Viila, De Rossi, Adeboyor, Mertsacker, Crespo and a few other to strengthen the squad, however at the expense of losing some class players, such as Rooney and Diego”.

Davey wants the Italian title and also want to mount a serious campaign in the SMFA Champions Cup too, but know that Milan and Juve will give him tough competition in Italy along with some other strong Italian squads and in the SMFA Champions Cup, Manchester United, Chelsea look strong again. “We know we are in for a tough season, but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best” Davey said.

“We are still looking to add strength to our squad and have a few players in mind” continued Davey.

Best of luck to all in GC 19.

Adam

I have tried to PM you with regards to Forlin but you appear to have blocked me from sending you PM for some reason, could you please arrange to unblock me so we can discuss possible transfers or explain why you have blocked me??

Many Thanks

Napoli

Rome Expects...

111_1193150063.gif

It was heartbreak for Lazio as they missed out on the Champions League on goal difference, despite sitting 4th in the table before the final day. A close defeat by Inter saw Fiorentina nick in and grab the slot, by 2 better goal difference.

Sefton was reported to have attempted suicide after the near miss, but just as with his Champions League hopes - he failed. But as he said, "what doesn't kill us (me) only makes us (me) stronger".

Sefton has also hit out at close friend but also big rival Ray Pauley, claiming he is "humiliated" and "dismayed" to have been mentioned alongside Roma, Udinese and Palermo.

"The way I see it, you have the top 3 in Milan, Juventus and Inter. Milan are ahead of the pack there for the time being, but those are the big 3 atm. Then it's the next 4, which is us, Napoli, Fiorentina and Roma. We are definitely a side up there with the best, and are clearly on a par with Fiorentina, after smashing them 8-1 and only finishing behind them on goals scored. Napoli have equalled us at all times this season, and where Roma are not the same side that won the league in S1, they are still similar to us in ability".

Sefton has also denied reports that Bournemouth are becoming his Feeder Club, after he loaned 3 of his youngsters to the up and coming English force, managed by another close friend in "The Adamskimeister!" as Sefton refers to him. "Feeder Club? No. Adam approached me in relation to one of my players and we ended up striking a deal for 3 of my best youngsters. The only clause is that he sees me every Sunday for.. a.. er.. bit of one-on-one time.."

On the transfer front, Lazio have been very quiet. With Mudingayi heading to Stuttgart, and Zauri and Diogo on the way out, Lazio are shortening the massive numbers, but have failed to replace any of the outgoing players. Sefton feels he has players capable of filling in already.

Lazio's aims will be a top 4 spot once again, but Sefton has said he would not feel too agrieved if he finished anywhere from 8th and above.

SanLorenzoFootballBadge.png

'Oh Joys of Joys'

Bradford's San Lorenzo drawn in champions cup group with Man Utd, Bayern Munchen and Espanyol.

Last night San Lorenzo manager Carlo Bradford put his head in his hands after he 'relised' he was in the same champions cup group as former english champions and possibily the best side in the EPL (Manchester United) and German champions Bayern Munchen, 'it's a hard draw' Bradford confessed Bradford also has Espanyol to deal with a side who on paper is much better than his own, to add to this San Lorenzo were defeated 2-1 in the charity shield by Colon of all teams prompting Bradford to change formation and tactics for the first game of the season. Bradford is looking for a CF to complete his team however has made an undisclosed bid for an un named player.

'Hopefully the new formation and tactics will pay off, the defeat to Colon was a real kick up the back side that things need to change, hopefully the defeat will do me some good'

Bradford has also confessed he hopes his team can start playing more exiting football, 'People pay good money to watch us and i expect my players to get them there moneys worth, we plan on playing much more attacking football'

However despite being against the odds in the Champions Cup, Bradford has told people not to bet against them 'We're the surprise package, we have nothing to lose but to go for it, i feel we can get results at the highest level and i think we have quality in the likes of Pranjic and Orion, we'll just have to wait and see'

500px-Villarreal_CF_logo.svg

Villarreal Win 1-0 To Take Charity Shield!

ibagaza.jpg

Ibagaza scored the lone goal.

Villarreal will try to win a 3rd straight La Liga title this season. Their first match will be against Alavés.

Villarreal also will begin their SMFA Cup title defense in the group stage against Ajax, Dormund, and the Houston Dynamo.

180_1223654130.jpg392_1241364097.jpg464_1196904102.gif

-----------------------------------

Adam

I have tried to PM you with regards to Forlin but you appear to have blocked me from sending you PM for some reason' date=' could you please arrange to unblock me so we can discuss possible transfers or explain why you have blocked me??

Many Thanks

Napoli[/quote']

Ray,

i have no idea why i blocked you, i know i didnt physically do it :S ! ill check anyways, and unblock you if i have some how managed to do so without realising.

ill pm you in a bit bud regarding the deal

Lazio also joing the race for the Argentine starlet.