Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Napoli march into Italian Shield Final

PIacenza 0 Napoli 5

A unfamillar napoli line up marched into the Garilli stadium to play in front of a packed 21,000 crowd for the Italian Shield final

GK Asenjo

RB Santon

LB Canella

CB Kjaer

CB Brandao

LM Guberti

RM Lanig

CM Lulinha

CM Blasi

CF Falcao

CF Lavezzi

Whilst some people were shocked at the relative lack of first teamers in an importnat game, the "second string" produced a great display to romp home with goals coming from Falcao, Lulinha, Lavezzi (2) and Guberti and Napoli eased into the final where they will fact Serie B League Leaders Catania who caused an upset by defeating Seftinho's lazio on penalties. Seftinho was said to be in despair at the result and has retreated into hiding with the curtains drawn to contemplate his own thougts and misery...nobody knows when we will see or hear from him next whereas ReddevilFC was said to be "over the moon" and looking forward to a nice easy final as Napoli have choked in the final before.

Pauley had this to say on the upcoming final in 2 weeks time.

"On Paper people will say we should win but when has a game ever been won on paper?! I will not change my policy of playing the reserves for the final which may be a risk considering how the policy beackfired so spectacuarly in the final against parma last season. I may well play 3-4 of the first team to add that extra touch of strength as i was shocked when looking at the catania team at how strong there first XI actually is. It will be a difficult game but I hope to bring the trophy home for the naples faithful who deserve success and was also be nice to win my first ever trophy in GC'S" (the only other team I have managed in a GC being Arsenal in GC55 currently in the first season)

Banner.jpg

UtdhomeKit.jpgpremierleaguelogo.jpgUtdawayKit.gif

Red Devils Make A Final At Last!

ChelseaFC.gif1 - 2 mnu-1.gif

Fixture: English Shield Semi-Final - Chelsea Vs Manchester United

Venue: Stamford Bridge (42,446)

MoM: Lionel Messi

Utd Scorers: Robben (56), Messi (85).

Manchester United defeated rivals Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge to reach the English Shield Final. Despite going behind in just the 1st minute to a Didier Drogba goal the Red Devils held strong and started to dominate the game which resulted in two second half goals from former Chelsea player Arjen Robben and Argentine Lionel Messi. The win pairs United against Tottenham in the final in 2 weeks time...

CarlingCup.jpg

Will the English Shield have United's ribbons decorating it this season for the first time under Walmsley?

Transfer Latest

Gourcuff.jpg

Yoann GOURCUFF joins Manchester United from Bordeaux after clubs agreed deal which sees Allefay go the other way along with an undisclosed amount of cash. It is believed the AM's versatility to also play a CM role was a big attraction to Dan Walmsley's side.

Johnson.jpg

Glen JOHNSON will also be wearing the red of Manchester after completing his move from porstmouth just weeks after Lassana DIARRA made the same move. The in-form RB will become second choice to Dani ALVES as Sagna departs the club in the next few days...

Valencia.jpg

Antonio LUIS VALENCIA is now the subject of interest from clubs all over Europe after Wigan appointed a new manager. It is believed that latics are already resigned to losing the talented winger but are holding out for the best deal possible. Dan Walmsley spoke at the unveiling of Gourcuff and Johnson:

'I am delighted to bring Gourcuff here to Manchester United, he is an amazing player and links to the style of play of Zidane don't surprise me. I think we got a good deal although we sadly had to part company with another fantastic player in Allefay who was a model proffesional at this club.

Glen Johnson has been fantastic since he joined Portsmouth and he has shown for England that he is ready to step up a level which is why he's been brought here. The same can be said of Luis Valencia, a player i admire greatly. We have another battle on our hands for the winger much like the case of Arjen Robben, lets just hope that we have the same outcome as we did with Arjen and i will be a very happy man...

I decided 2 weeks ago that we were in need of some extra quality in midfield and another world-class striker, to do this the most obvious thing to do was to sell Clichy and Sagna because there is no point having two world class wing backs on the bench when we were struggling in the middle. The deals have been arranged with Milan for both players and the process will begin after tonights game against Blackburn Rovers...'

It is believed that the deal involves Wayne ROONEY and Samir NASRI joining Manchester United with Van Persie also heading to Italy.

catania sign cleiton Xavier from an unmanaged Torino for 10 million.

and something interesting is happening atm. Kew jaliens is at an unmanaged LA Galaxy which had 22 players which meant 1 player could be signed. I had an eye on him but it seems lots of other people had as well. Atlas and man City are having a bidding was over him without realising that Sao Paulo completed the signing of a 85 rated player from LA meaning the squad size is now 21:D

Banner.jpg

Transfer News

AntonioValencia.jpg

Antonio Valencia - United's latest addition.

Antonio VALENCIA completed his move to Manchester United this morning from Wigan Athletic. Albert Riera heads the other way after United won the race for the 23 year old Equadorian, with plenty of interest shown from clubs all over Europe.

Nasri.jpg

United's spending didn't end there though as Nasri joined just hours later...

Samir NASRI is also a Red Devil after Milan accepted a bid of Gael Clichy for the talented AM. This deal is the first of two which includes Wayne ROONEY following Nasri to Old Trafford in exchange for Van Persie and Sagna. Dan Walmsley spoke at the unveiling of the midfield duo:

'I am estatic at the arrival of these two, both are young, hungry and ready to give their all for this club. We've shown again how popular Manchester United are to players around the world after landing Antonio because we've beaten our rivals to him just days after landing Arjen Robben. It was purely his decision to come here and that made negiotations much easier with Wigan...'

Transfers This Week

IN

Samir NASRI = Gael Clichy + £60,000

Yoann GOURCUFF = Ibrahim Allefay + £500,000

Wayne ROONEY = Robin Van Persie + Bacary Sagna + £3 million (To be completed July 7th)

OUT

Gokhan Inler = Glen JOHNSON + Bisan LAUREN + £200,000

Albert Riera = Antonio VALENCIA + £1 million

328_1198191584.gif

Lorient Name New Manager.

Today French out castes Lorient has named Roy Keane there new manager he is looking to billed a relasoship with the French team and fans as he fells the team has a lot to offer he has alredy bidded for Manchester Uniteds RB Jonson and RM Darijo Srna, Jonson will be coming on loan if the deal gose frew and Darijo Srna will be coming for 20M pluss CB Michael CIANI to sweeten the deal he hopes both deals will go trew to strenfen his defence and middfild also in news Jérémy MOREL can leave if somone offers 2 old 88s for him or somthink around there remember every player has a price tag weter thay are the best to the worst.

111_1193150063.gif 4 - 5 Milan.gif

Milan Move Top After 9-Goal Thriller in Rome

With a crucial Champions League game Monday, Milan put out the second team hoping for a draw to stay in the title race. However, the unthinkable happenend with both Roma and Fiorentina drawing. Ilsihno, Jovetic(2), Leo, and ben arfa got on the scoresheet in what is sure to be one of the matches of the season. The stunning victory puts Milan at the summit of Serie A, something deemed impossible with the slow start to the season.

With the big derby win last wednesday and this stunning result, Milan are continuing their good form which has seen them unbeaten in their last 10, which is only about half of last years incredible run.

With the second team triumphent today, Milan are hoping the stars will turn up in a crucial Matchday 5, where Milan needs a win at Cruzeiro to help their qualification chances....

Napoli Update:

Matchday 16:

Torino 2 Napoli 2

Napoli earned a point with a hard-fought 2-2 draw away at mid table Torino Pato opened the scoring for the Naples side before they were stunned by 2 quick Torino goals...however Lavezzi rescued a point with a 74th minute leveller. Whilst pleased in the end to gain something from the game Pauley was said to be disappointed as if we have any real ambitions of a top 4 place we have to be winning at places at Torino as I cannot see the big boys dropping points in the fashion we have today.

Matchday 17:

Napoli 4 Udinese 2

Napoli earnt a great victory against high flying udinese with a 4-2 win in a six goal thriller. Dembele opened the scoring for Napoli but goals 1min either side of half time rocked Napoli who found themselves 2-1 down to an alexi sanchez double, however Napoli did not buckle and showed great fight and charachter to respond almost immediately with 3goals in the space of 15minutes effectively sealing the game. 2 rapid fire goals from Bastos taking his tally to 11 in the league from LM this season a quite phenomenal record and D'Alessandro stunning Udinese and sending the Naples fans delerious.

This win pleased Pauley enormously as it is always sweet to gain victories over your main rivals, this keeps napoli in 6th a position they seem to have been rooted in forever 5points behind leaders and champions Milan, but Napoli have gained ground on Roma and Fiorentina who both suffered surprising draws against Chievo and rock-bottom Vicenza

Next up for Napoli is away in the SMFA Shield to current holders PSG and an away trip to a revitalised Sampdoria in the league.

In transfer news things have been quiet young dutch defender bart Biemens arrives for £250,000 and goes str8 into the youth squad whilst experienced 30yr old Belgian veteren striker Wesley Sonck leaves to join Lille in a deal worth around 6.5m. Young sensation LB Canella joins Manchester United of all people on loan.

"I am not quite sure why Mr Walmsley wants Canella on loan but it is a good experience for the lad to train with such quality players...Pauley is unable to confirm rumours that as part of the deal Lionel messi will be joining Napoli for chairman Value :P

has seft died along with his title hopes?? im missing his match reports

'Twas my birthday recently and since then I've been having too much fun on Grand Slam Tennis and Fifa, as well as working on something for CM08 and having a life, meaning I've barely been on SM recently. In-fact, I only go on to check my results and set tactics, every few days.

And then of-course we haven't won in about a month. :(

Banner.jpg

2 More Leagues Wins But Bayern Exact Revenge!

mnu-1.gif3 - 1 BlackburnRoversFC.gif

Fixture: Division 1 - Manchester United Vs Blackburn Rovers

Venue: Old Trafford (76,200)

MoM: Robin Van Persie

Utd Scorers: Higuain (21), Hulk (68), Van Persie (83).

United off the back of a fantastic cup victory over Chelsea in mid-week continued their good work with a comfortable 3-1 win at home to Blackburn. Goals from the departing Van Persie, another from in-form Higuain and the on loan Hulk sealed the 3 points.

EvertonFC.jpg2 - 5 mnu-1.gif

Fixture: Division 1 - Everton Vs Manchester United

Venue: Goodison Park (36,017)

MoM: Lionel Messi

Utd Scorers: Moutinho (38), Bojan (61), Diarra (68), Dani Alves (74), Messi (79).

The second meeting between Dan Walmsley and Adam Gutteridge ended exactly the same as the first one with a convincing 5-2 victory for United. Another MoM performances from Lionel Messi showed why he is the undisputed No.1 in the world right now...

UefaC.png

BayernM.jpg2 - 1 mnu-1.gif

Fixture: SMFA Champions Cup Group E - Bayern Munchen Vs Manchester United

Venue: Allianz Arena (69,887)

MoM: Robin Van Persie

Utd Scorers: Van Persie (6)

An eventful game in Germany where all three goals were scored in the first 6 minutes. Bayern scored within a minute before doubling their lead just 2 minutes later. Van Persie pulled one back for United after another 3 minutes of football to restore his teams hopes of getting something from the match. The action didn't finish there though with Bayern recieving not one but two red cards for Bonera and Azplicueta. However, somehow United couldn't capiltalize with the extra 2 men and Bayern got the victory to make up for their 5-0 thrashing at Old Trafford in the reverse fixture. Both teams qualify for the knockout stages as expected although there is the small matter of 1st and 2nd left to play for...

Part Two

Untitledtableuniteddiv1.jpg

With the halfway point approaching, Manchester United sit top of the table as they bid to regain the Premier League Crown from rivals Chelsea. As expected Liverpool, under the guidance of new manager TheTreble1999 are not far behind, with Chelsea also within touching distance trailing just 6 points behind. Dan Walmsley spoke to media duing a pre-match conference, when questioned about the league table Dan had this to say:

'Of course right now we are happy with our start to the season but we must keep going, not sit back and continue the good work to date. To be top of the league, our SMFA group as well as being in the final of the Shield is the best thing we can hope for. The English Cup will commence inside the next 2 weeks also so lets hope we get a good draw in the Second Round following our bye in the First Round.

I think everyone talks about the strength of the Italian league right now and that is understandable because overall it is certainly the best in the world by a country mile at this moment in time. However i think following the arrival of TheTreble1999 at Liverpool at the end of last season people have to sit back and look at the big three of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool of England. Keegan Valbuena of Chelsea may be a controversial character at times but then so wasnt Mourinho? To be fair to him besides his outspoke opinions of himself he has done a good enough job so far at Chelsea and they are a team no-one looks forward to playing. I think it would be interesting to put the big English three in the Italian league and see what happens because in my opinion we probably are the three teams all of Europe would most like to avoid in any competition. I know Liverpool didn't make the SMFA Cup this season but now their new manager is there that is almost a certainty but Chelsea and ourselves are both through to the knockout stages and i think many teams will hope to avoid us for as long as possible...'

UntitledtableunitedCl1.jpg

United sit top of the group despite their first defeat in Europe this season to Bayern Munchen in their last outing. The Red Devils also missed out on the chance to wrap up the group as winners by failing to gain a point away in Germany meaning they must equal or better Bayern's result when United welcome San lorenzo to Old Trafford in a weeks time. Neither Bayern or United will mind too much about their final position in the group other than pride as finishing 1st or 2nd in Group E should result in the same kind of strength of opposition as other groups are distorted with stronger teams finishing 2nd rather than 1st.

Transfer News

Rooneykit.jpg

Red Devil Again - Rooney in the new kit following transfer from Milan.

Wayne ROONEY completes his move back to Manchester United from AC Milan. The 23 year forward shown above wearing United's new kit for next season will play alongside Lionel Messi upfront this season.

Givanildo Vieira HULK rejoins United on loan from Bayern Munchen just days after his transfer to Germany. The Brazilian will be used to cover suspensions and injuries this season, it is not known if the loan move back to Old Trafford was part of the transfer deal or even Carlos Kameni's loan move the other way...

canella1.jpg

Roberto CANELLA has arrived in Manchester for a season-long loan from Italian side Napoli. The highly-rated LB has linked up with his new team-mates at the Carrington training ground. There was initial shock and confusion from Napoli fans that their third-choice LB had gone to United but Dan Walmsley admitted he has been a long time admirer of the young Spainish full-back:

'He is a very talented player and he is often referred to as the left sided Sergio Ramos, a comparison i very much agree with. He is not just here to be a squad player either despite a lack of first-team opportunities in Italy. With Clichy gone and just Evra available in the LB position young Canella has a fantastic oppurtunity to get some game time under his belt here with us. We may even push forward to try and make his move here a permanent one at the end of the season should Napoli be willing to discuss a deal with us...'

However, United Chief Executive David Gill was quick to quash rumours that Lionel Messi would go to Napoli in exhange for Canella, Gill said:

'Reports saying Messi is as good as a Napoli player following Canella's loan move here a wide off the mark. I can confirm that it is BOTH Ronaldo and Messi going to Naples not just Messi!'

The chasers close in as San Lorenzo go out of Champions Cup with a whimper

Fans roared around the Pedro Bidegain awaiting a win and a step forward to Champions League glory. What's more, star names like Pranjic and Yildiz were returning to the starting line up as well as fan favourite Bergessio. They were most definitily dissipointed, San Lorenzo faltered during the game, only mustering a 0-0 draw which saw them out of the Cup. A fan commented 'It was the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen in my life, we help pay these 'big' players there salaries and they produce rubish like that, disgraceful!'

Then San Lorenzo lossed to arch rivals Boca 3-1 to put the closest team just 5 points away from them. 'We must do something faast' insited Bradford

TRANSFER NEWS

Same old thing, no players in, none out.

Banner.jpg

Comeback Kings As Walmsley Snubs Juventus Advances!

mnu-1.gif3 - 2 TottenhamFC.jpg

Fixture: Division 1 - Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Venue: Old Trafford (76,206)

MoM: Yvoann Gourcuff

Utd Scorers: Nasri (58), Gourcuff (65), Diarra (67).

It was dubbed as the English Shield Final dress rehearseal and if that was the case then the half-time score would have United fans writing off their hopes of landing the trophy as their side trailed 2-0 at home. However, a second half fight back began on the 58th minute with debutant Nasri pouncing on a goalkeeping blunder to slot home. Just 7 minutes later, fellow newboy Gourcuff headed in Ronaldo's in-swinging corner. Finally, Diarra made it a hat-trick of Frenchmen goals with a pile driver effort outside the box leaving the keeper with no chance and to gift United the three points and seal a wonderful come back for the Red Devils.

SunderlandFC.gif2 - 2 mnu-1.gif

Fixture: Division 1 - Sunderland Vs Manchester United

Venue: Stadium Of light (40,461)

MoM: M. Zayaleta

Utd Scorers: Valencia (43), Higuain (52).

A much weakened United again found themselves behind 2-0 at half-time and again found a way back to level. However this time there was no winner as 2 points were dropped up North. Focus now switches to tonights English Shield Final against Spurs where United's strongest possible 11 is expected to start...

Transfer News

Srna.jpg

Darijo SRNA remains on the transfer list. Real Madrid have shown interest in the Croatian RB but have had their initial bid knocked back by the United board who deemed it below their vaulation of 27 year old.

Manchester United have also put several youth players on the transfer market in a bid to create some extra finances for other deals. 5 players so far are transfer listed...

Juventus.jpg

Walmsley Offered Juventus Role!

Dan Walmsley was yesterday morning sensationally approached by Italian giants Juventus to take over as manager following the depature of passing wind. Walmsley who has always revealed his long-term plans to one day manage in Italy was expected to take the oppurtunity to leave his beloved Manchester United for the Turin-based club. However SoccerManagerNews this morning revealed that the Englishman had snubbed the advances from Juve in favour of staying at Old Trafford...

It is believed Dan Walmsley will hold a post-match conference at Wembley after tonight Shield Final fixture...

A bad week for Napoli

SMFA Shield last 16

Paris St Germin 0 Napoli 0

Napoli secured a draw in the away leg but were left disappointed after dominating the game and yet failing to gain the win. Pauley was left disappointed as the lack of an away goal could prove crucial and a tense 2nd leg awaits at naples. I comparison to the other Italian teams though Napoli had a wonderful night as the other4 remaining Italian teams all went down to first leg losses and in some cases crushing losses which will make it difficult to progress tothe next round.

League-Matchday 18

Sampdoria 2 Napoli 1

Napoli slipped to a bad defeat at Sampdoria losing 2-1 with pato getting Napoli's solitary strike in between 2 Sampdoria strikes, this defeat signalled the end of ay remote title hopes for napol and they will now concentrate on the cups.

League matchday 19

napoli 1 Fiorentina 1

Napoli earnt a point against the big boys in Florence coming from a oal behind to gain a point through a strike from Lavezzi, pauley was said to be relatively pleased with the result as he ad rested 4 first XI in preperation for the cup final against Catania. This rsult leaves Napoli 5th 9points behind leaders Inter and in danger of being caught in the SMFA Spots by resurrgent Sampdoria,Lazio etc

Tonights sees Napoli square off against Catania in the cup final

"It should be an excellent game I see catania rested nearly all there first XI in preperation for tonights game so they will be well prepered an orgaised for tonights game. They have an excellent side so i am expecting a tough game but hopefully if my side plays to its capabilities we can bring the first trophy of my rign back to the fantastic Naples faithful"

" I wish Reddevil FC the best of luck-not to much thou ;) and may the best team win" :)

Banner.jpg

English Shield Special

mnu-1.gif4 - 3 TottenhamFC.jpg

Fixture: English Shield Final - Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Venue: Wembley Stadium (85,917)

MoM.gif: Wayne Rooney

football.jpg: Nasri (17,89), Rooney (42), Ronaldo (64).

Manchester United dramatically claimed the English Shield on the final minute of normal time thanks to a Samir Nasri goal.

Things looked to be starting well when the same man Nasri opened the scoring on the 17th minute but United's celebrations were short-lived when Berbatov equallised just 4 minutes later. Rooney and Ronaldo put United up 3-1 in the second half and this time it looked as though the Shield was destined to travel back to Manchester with the squad on the coach. However, Milos Krasic pulled one back to make it a nail-biting final 15 minutes but then disaster for the Red Devils as Berbatov scored his brace to level things for the second time.

With the game looking to go to extra-time and possibly a dreaded penalty shoot-out hero Nasri curled a sublime finish round the keeper to gift United their first piece of silverware so far this season...

cristiano-ronaldo-carling-cup.jpg

Scorers Rooney and Ronaldo celebrate with their winners medals...

Juventus.jpg

Walmsley Post-Match Conference - Juventus

Old Trafford officials confirmed that Dan Walmsley had arranged a post-match press conference before kick-off to reveal his reasons for rejecting an exciting job offer in Italy from Turin-based giants Juventus. Dan spoke to the media:

'It was a very tough decision to turn down a great club like Juventus, when the club contacted United's board and asked for permission to speak with me about a possible move to Italy i had a great feeling of pride but also a very frustrating day or two to make my decision.

It is no secret that the Serie A right now is the strongest league in the world with many excellent clubs and managers competing for the honours, I've always held a long-term interest in one day managing any team in Italy so when the opportuninty to manage not just any team but one of the best there arose it was the hardest decision to reject the offer, however i am over-seeing a very exciting project here at Old Trafford and with the backing of the board, chairman, players and most importantly the fans we have built a magnificant team that has many of the world's best players in it. I also think there is still so much work to be done and improve the team even more.

I believe i can win many honours here and the Shield tonight is what i hope will be the first of several this season and in the future, we have the team, desire and commitment to do something very special this season and for that reason i will stay with Manchester for a few more seasons at least!

I was contacted by some of Italy's top managers, who were eager for me to cross swords with them on a regular domestic basis, which was a nice compliment in itself but i am happy here and the fact that Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool are among the best teams in the world right now ensures that things won't get boring here.'

Napoli Update:

NAPOLI CRUSHED IN ITALIAN SHIELD FINAL :(

Catania 4 Napoli 1 :eek:

Napoli fielded a mixture of first teamers and reserves lining up with a still strong looking side on paper (only on paper as it proved!)

Schwarzer

Baines

Kjaer

Skrtel

Magrao

Lanig

Nocerino

Walcott

Bastos

Pato

Falcao

Things started badly for Napoli as Catania went in front after just 13 minutes from Zenden and proceeded to get even worse from there with Biseswar and Magia extending Catania's lead to 3-0, Baines pulled one back for a shell-shocked napoli side with 20mins to go giving the Naples side a glimmer of home before Zenden scored again to extinguish any hopes Napoli had and Catania wrapped up an emphatic Italian Shield success.

Napoli appeared shell-shocked at the final whistle having created nearly double the chances catania did, difference was Catania had 4 shots on target and scored them all whereas Napoli's finishing was woeful to say the least. It is another kick in the teeth and a 2nd successive loss in the Italian Shield final as that elusive first GC Honour still evades Napoli.

Manager pauley had this to say at the Post-Match press conference:

"TBH I am shocked not because we lost but the nature of the defeat I can only apologeise to the Naples fans as both myself and the players are embaressed, deflated and angry at the size of this defeat. Believe me the players are hurting and it will be difficult to pick them up from a defeat like this but we have to roll our sleeves up and keep fighting as there are still plenty we have to play for this season"

"It is important win or lose to retain dignity in situations like these and I would like to extend warm congratulations to Redevil FC and the Catania players and fans, the job he has done in a short space of time at the club has been sensational and I expect (unfortunatley if tonight is anything to go by :P ) to have many more battles with Catania in Serie A next season.

In transfer news rumours are flying around that Martin Skrtel may be leaving napoli he has been the subject of intrest from MIilan and Pauley is said to be open to offers for the extremely talanted young CB, however press reports are emphatic in the fact that Pauley will not let Skrtel leave unless his valuation of the player is met otherwise Pauley is more than happy to keep Skrtel at the club as Pauley sees him being a 93+ in the very near future.

Next up for napoli is an away trip to Chievo a team they lost to convincingly in the first game of the season, with 4games without a victory napoli's season is in danger of crumbling and they will need to get back on track and fast.

mj1to1.jpg

Catania Shock and outclass Napoli to Lift Italian Shield!

mj1to1.jpgCatania 4-1 Napoli 287nl1w.jpg

Boudewijn Zenden(13)

Diego Biseswar(21)

Modibo Maiga(63)

Leighton Baines(70)

Boudewijn Zenden(76)

2lbysg4.jpgwmh0ec.jpgtalg1c.jpg

Goalscorers

35024_news.jpg

Catania players celebrating the win!

Catania shocked fancied Napoli to not only beat them but outclass them in a match of such a high magnitude. Boudewijn Zenden opened the scoring as he headed in from a corner. 8 minutes later Napoli were shocked again. On loan winger Diego Biseswar darts past the defenders to send the Catania fans into delirium. Napoli came out in the 2nd half looking for a way to get back into the game. They were lucky however not too fall further behind when a delicate chip from in form Zenden crashed on to the bar. A minute later pato had a glorious chance to get Napoli back into the contest but his header sailed agonizingly wide. Modibo Maiga put the game to bed in the 63rd minute as after a calm finish. Catania fans had by now started to light the firecrackers where as the Napoli fans had seen enough and were heading for the exit. Leighton Baines gave Napoli a glimmer of a hope as he finished brilliantly with 20 minutes to go. 5 minutes later though the game was put well and truly to bed as Zenden bagged a brace after finishing from an acute angle.

Here's what the Catania manager had to say " I am just delighted at the victory. This is one of the best achievements in my career. Condolences to Napoli and Ray who were undoubtedly below par today. The players have worked very hard and deserve every bit of success they have had"

bournemouth-logo-18_278879a.jpg

Dark clouds hang over AFC Bournemouth, but Johnson is positive about the future of the club !

When AFC Bournemouth burst onto the division 2 scene, life started well, hovering above the play off spots, for around 8 games. But things have recently took a turn for the worse since Johnson changed his tactics to a more adventurous attacking minded play and star on loan striker Colunga was recaled to Lazio.

However since slipping into the relegation zone, Johnson has decided enough is enough and has called upon friend, and Bayern Munich manager for help, incomes Mbokani (89) a young striker with a great eye for goal. A player Johnson hopes will fire his team up the league table.

dieumerci-mbokani-120x120-en.jpg

Transfers:

Some big players have moved to Bournemouth this season. None other than Honduran sensation Henry Thomas, the midfielder is expected to play a important role in the future for the Cherries.

Other players to move to the south coast include:

Willians Santanta (84) W/AM 21

Landgren (82) DM/CB 20

Niedermeier (80) CB 23

Fejzullahu (77) F 21

Reinartz (74) CB/RB 20

along with another 30+ players

AFC Bournemouth Town starting line up !

BSL.jpg

AFC Bournemouth main squad

ft.jpg

AFC Bournemouth Youth squad

yt.jpg

its took just over 2 seasons to assemble a bournemouths current squad, which breaks the 100 man barrier. Johnson has released a press statement regarding this seasons transfer conduct:

" Look, we have a squad which includes some of the worlds best talent, but i need to improve the quality of the starting line up. im getting a little worried, at times were struggling to perform at this level, over the next month, around 10 million pounds will be generated through the sale of deadwood and unwanted players. This money will be ploughed straight back into the squad, however, it is likely that i will only buy 1 or 2 players with this cash. Im serious about turning Bournemouth into a premiership team, regardless of how long it takes"

Bournemouths next three league games are against bristol city, reading and finally preston, ideally Johnson would like to take a minimum 5 points.

id_36707_Madson-(2)ficha.jpg

Life under Johnson: Madson !

The 23 year old AM/LM Brazilian was brought to Bournemouth for one reason and one reason only, to link to midfield with the strikers, offering flair, creativity and attacking prowess. One of the things that attracted Madson to Bournemouth was the number of Brazilians currently in the squad, which include: Anderson Lessa, Willians Satanta, Nunes, Derley, Adilson, Danilo Silva, Cleiton, Welton Felipe, Michel, Werley, Toloi, Elias and Wellington.

" im not going to lie, i like whats happening down here, it might be a small club but its definiately on the up, and the fact that so many players here understand me, speak my language and have the same culture as me, it makes it alot easier. Adam is a great coach, he always strives to improve everyone in the squad and the fact he has given me a star role at the club just makes everything perfect. I had interest from other teams such as the great Napoli, but Bournemouth were the team that made me feel that special, i just couldnt turn them down."

Johnson would also like to congratulate Catania on there epic triumph and offer comiserations to a very good Napoli manager

Banner.jpg

Italian Duo Join United!

DeCeglie.jpgMarchisio.jpg

Former Juve pair Marchisio and De Ceglie join Manchester United.

Manchester United have announced the double signings of Italian duo Paolo DE CEGLIE and Claudio MARCHISIO from Juventus. The deal involves Darijo Srna finally departing Old Trafford after being told several weeks ago he was no longer required by manager Dan Walmsley. United will also compensate Juve around £4million with the Croatian full-back...

Dan Walmsley was delighted with the coup:

'To bring two fantastic young players like Paolo and Claudio here has pleased me greatly. They both have so much untapped potential that we will expose over the coming season, i'm sure both will develop greatly playing alongside some of the worlds best players. Paolo ends our search for an LB understudy to Patrice Evra while Claudio will offer some much needed depth in the middle of the park.'

United First Squad

Iker CASILLAS

Carlos KAMENI

Silva DANI ALVES

Glen JOHNSON

Nemandje VIDIC

Rio FERDINAND

Gerard PIQUE

Serdar TASCI

Patrice EVRA

Paolo DE CEGLIE

Cristiano RONALDO

Antonio VALENCIA

Lassana DIARRA

Joa MOUTINHO

Anderson HERNANES

Claudio MARCHISIO

Samir NASRI

Yoan GOURCUFF

Javier PASTORE

Arjen ROBBEN

Lionel MESSI

Wayne ROONEY

Gonzalo HIGUAIN

Krkic BOJAN

41_1243862356.jpg

Division 3 Champions Stamp There Mark In Division 2

Since Gazza took over Leicster last season the club have gone on to achiev some what great things in there first season and a half. After comfortably winning the league last season Gazza prepered to his first season in division 2. He signed 2 players pre season as he strenghend for his target of a mid table finish. Harold Matinez was the first to join from Italian giants Inter Milan for a tidy fee of £6m and despite being injured from the get go he has gone on and made 11 appearances for Leicster and he has also scored 1 goal.

340x.jpg

Starting to find his feet.

The second pre season signing was Korean keeper Woon-Jae Lee. The 36 year old joined from another Italian side. This time Parma was the selling side As Gazza got what he called a bargain as he signed Lee for £1.2M

yNIKEzLee20Woon-Jae(KOR)(060623)SUI-KOR.jpg

Lee has been key to Gazza's strong defence.

Gazza also managed to secure the season long loan signing of CM Sanchez Prette from Inter Milan. After this Gazza announced that that was it on the transfer front and He was happy with his squad. And it was now time to let the football do the talking.

Gazza's team have had a strong start to the first half of the season and he has only felt defeat 3 times in the league.

12-1.jpg

Some embarising results such as the 6-1 raping of Pompy. But the 3-1 win against Bourmouth is Gazza's season highlight up to date.

So halfway through the season Gazza looked to strenghen the attacking options of the team. The first to join was sweedish striker Prica. He joined for £3.8m and has played 5 games scoring 1 and assisting one. He is currently out injured on a foot injury.

rade_prica.jpg

Prica makes a good start to life at Leicster.

Another striker joined this morning as Gazza prized away a hot prospect from under Adam's nose. Reza Ghoochannejhad joined for £600k.

88875_806_1141057483045-9629.jpg

Leicster's New Star

Gazza has also completed the loan signings of 2 defenders. Vinicus Breno joined from Roma and Peitro Accardi joined from Spurs. Gazza now has a strong backline which include them 2 and Miguel Flano

The Squad

14-1.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish report. i have swine flu and had to keep stopping :(

0,,10367~3587270,00.jpg

Scandanavian for Value !

Flags_-_all_Scandinavian.gif

Once a trademark for low cost budget store Netto, but now the phrase echoing round Dean Court. Bournemouth boasts 5 Scandinavians in their squad, ranging from Denmark to Norway to Sweden.

In the next 24 hours, yet another Scandinavian is set to joing Bournemouth, it is rumoured that the player is very young and very talented, Johnson isnt willing to disclose the players name or position for fear of another club coming in and stealing his signature. If the cherries do get their man, it certainly will be Scandinavian for value !

Bournemouth Town Vs Bristol City

Tonight: Sky Sports 1 20:00 GMT.

Mr.Adamski Vs the Newly appointed Sparky !

Match report to follow tonight