Gold Championship 19 Match Report and Transfer News

Re: New Gold Champ Now!

I'd just like to make it clear' date=' that I think this majorly sucks. I picked up Hannover this morning, what if I hadn't logged in to this evening?

I think this is FAR worse than the usual method of creating a GC. At least that requires some skill in getting the team you want.

This is just dependant on what time you happen to log in and notice. Terrible.[/quote']

well, i know it is dependent on what time you happen to log in and notice. But previously, it depended on how fast your internet speed is :) But I still think this is better than clicking like crazy and depending on your internet speed. I am not saying this because I got a good team (and I didn't get a good team either) but I am saying this because creating a GC at a random, unannounced time is far better than paying to reserve a team in GC :)

But I am just curious, what skill did it require in getting the team you want in the usual method of creating a GC? :confused:

Guest Lubos Kalouda

Well i didnt have time to decide what team i wanted cos it was unexpected but it was easy to get Lyon so few people knew it was coming.

well' date=' i know it is dependent on what time you happen to log in and notice. But previously, it depended on how fast your internet speed is :) But I still think this is better than clicking like crazy and depending on your internet speed. I am not saying this because I got a good team (and I didn't get a good team either) but I am saying this because creating a GC at a random, unannounced time is far better than paying to reserve a team in GC :)

But I am just curious, what skill did it require in getting the team you want in the usual method of creating a GC? :confused:[/quote']

I think the word which he was looking for is control rather than skill, there is at least an element of control in the usual way of doing GC's but with this method it's all about luck.

I'd just like to make it clear' date=' that I think this majorly sucks. I picked up Hannover this morning, what if I hadn't logged in to this evening?

I think this is FAR worse than the usual method of creating a GC. At least that requires some skill in getting the team you want.

This is just dependant on what time you happen to log in and notice. Terrible.[/quote']

Can i just ask what skill did you need to get a good team in previous GC's?? As i saw no skill in it at all!! :confused:

The previous way it was always the people with fast internet connections you got a team but at least this way everyone has a chance to get a good team. I mean there was no chance a person with dial up was going to get a Barcelona/Real Madrid in a GC but this way he/she just might. The previous way was luck and this way is luck as well, but at least this way it gives everyone a chance. :)

Can i just ask what skill did you need to get a good team in previous GC's?? As i saw no skill in it at all!! :confused:

The previous way it was always the people with fast internet connections you got a team but at least this way everyone has a chance to get a good team. I mean there was no chance a person with dial up was going to get a Barcelona/Real Madrid in a GC but this way he/she just might. The previous way was luck and this way is luck as well' date=' but at least this way it gives everyone a chance. :)[/quote']

that explains things better than my post :)

exactly what i was trying to say.

I think the word which he was looking for is control rather than skill' date=' there is at least an element of control in the usual way of doing GC's but with this method it's all about luck.[/quote']

i am just wondering what do you mean by element of control? :confused:

as i see it, both of them are element of luck but the previous way is more dependent on some other factor (fast internet speed which everyone doesn't have) :)

i think the idea was ok... but sm should av put up a message telling us that gc19 was going to be made but not say when, eg GC19 WILL BE MADE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS to give us a chance, and warn us so we could be on our guards

if you look to the post in blog about the options of we would prefer to select a team in GC's you would see that they mention in option 1 that the GC could be created today.. in the Havoc's thread i asked if it will surely created but nobody answered me.. and seems i had reason.. :\

i am just wondering what do you mean by element of control? :confused:

as i see it' date=' both of them are element of luck but the previous way is more dependent on some other factor (fast internet speed which everyone doesn't have) :)[/quote']

The element of control is knowing the time when the setup is going to made so you can get yourself ready to try and get a team, your right, there is no guarantee that you will get the team you are going for but there is control there and even if you miss out on your first target you can get a pretty decent team if you are fast enough as your second target.

I miss out on my first target most of the time but I have been able to get the likes of Feyenoord & Benfica as my second target so there is certainly more control in the usual method.

This method there is less control because you simply don't know when the setup will be made therefore it's all down to when you log in, I am not against this method but it is more about luck unless you are prepared to log in to soccermanager every hour of every day which I think I can assume most people can't do.

I was shocked when i came online just 20 mins or so ago and AsianInvasion (Kuldeep) and Matt (MrNiceGuy) were telling me GC 19 had been made, i thought they were joking but they weren't! This method does give others who normally wouldn't have a hope a good chance though, and i got San Lorenzo who i'm happy with, looking to build them up aswell :)

As paying members we should all have the same opportunity at getting a team in a GC as far as is reasonably possible.

With the previous method it was as fair as it could possibly be. If you have a slower internet connection then that's your problem. (I have an average connection speed and I have always felt my chances were as good as anyones due to my technique.) It's something you have the power to do something about.

Most of us have lives and don't spend all day on SM. However GC's being the elite setups you make an effort to be online when one is created to get a team you want.

Making them randomly is just too unfair to a huge percentage of gold members IMO.

I'm not currently a Gold member but after reading this i am being swung to paying for membership.If this method of opening GC's remains how they did the one this morning then i may consider becoming a GM.This is a great way for people to bag a good team in a GC.To the people not liking it: You are all just greedy and expect a good team in every GC just because you know how and are equipped to do so.So you've had your turn now leave it to the luck.So what if you did come on in the evening? Hard luck you missed this one so wait for the next or pick up a smaller team.

GREAT IDEA SM :)

Guest R. Peters

I'm Absolouty Frustrated!

Yes It Gives Others A Chance Who Are Sad Enough To Stay Up Until 2am Refreshing A Page.

We're Paying To Keep Sm, We Should Be Able To Know When It's Made, And The **** Time. Stop Mixing Things Around And Stay In A Rhythm!

giggsy do not swear

1) It wasnt announced so those "sad people" would not be refreshig its pure look, not to mention i bet alot of continental users got teams in this new GC

2) GC used to be made like this

3) You pay SM to have xtra features which include participating i gold setups.

Yes everyone is annoyed, but omg, stop for just one minute Its one setup. How many other gcs are you lot in , and even if your not , there will be others.

Its pot luck be it being made with or without notice.

Guest R. Peters

I aint joined a GC properly on my own for about 2 months now.

Been on holiday and had to have others log on and get me a bogey team.

Now I guess I have to look forward towards GC20... Which we be in about... 1-2 Months?!

And I didn't swear, I said D4MN

As paying members we should all have the same opportunity at getting a team in a GC as far as is reasonably possible.

With the previous method it was as fair as it could possibly be. If you have a slower internet connection then that's your problem. (I have an average connection speed and I have always felt my chances were as good as anyones due to my technique.) It's something you have the power to do something about.

Most of us have lives and don't spend all day on SM. However GC's being the elite setups you make an effort to be online when one is created to get a team you want.

Making them randomly is just too unfair to a huge percentage of gold members IMO.

I beg to differ about the statement in bold.If you had a life you'd get on with it rather than ranting about ONE setup you missed out in.

Get over it mate.

I'm Absolouty Frustrated!

Yes It Gives Others A Chance Who Are Sad Enough To Stay Up Until 2am Refreshing A Page.

We're Paying To Keep Sm' date=' We Should Be Able To Know When It's Made, And The **** Time. Stop Mixing Things Around And Stay In A Rhythm![/quote']

I don't see how people who randomly come across a new GC at 2am in the morning are sad, it's not as if anyone knew it would be created. I'm normally up until around 5am on weekends anyway, got told about the setup by my bro (who also had a reason to stay up, his pregnant dog was in labour :P ) and I decided to post about it here. I didn't even grab a team myself.

Overall with this one, all the top teams have gone to people who don't normally have a chance of getting them, and i thought it was really cool and sneaky of SM to create one this way. :)