Sign in to follow this  
DanWaltonTRFC809

Tranmere Rovers - Setup 809 - What direction should we go?

I have been in charge of Tranmere in this Setup since the setup began. I am in Division 3 and in the first season I lost in the second round of both cups and finished 4th in the league therefore missing out on promotion by a point.

I am 15 games into the second season and I am 6th in the league so in a play off position and I got beat in the 3rd round of the English Cup to 2nd Division Sheffield United, I beat Chelsea (Division1) in the Shield and tonight I play Yeovil in the 3rd round of the shield.

The club has been as you can see quite successful since I took over but my squad is very old. I signed players who are 35+ with 80+ ratings. I have a squad of 32 which has an average age of 34!

Should I start slowly getting rid of my old players and signing low rated upcoming youngsters? or stay with my current tactic of old players who have good ratings already?

Suggestions welcome.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Re: Tranmere Rovers - Setup 809 - What direction should we go?

Yes , eventually these players will retire and you will struggle to be succesful

A good idea is to p/e your higher rated players for some young talent who will only rise

EG, Hart , Rajkovic , Nasri , Bojan etc etc