Wes Brown or Christoph Metzelder?

lol, seems like I'm addicted to troubling you guys - this is the third thread I've opened in this section in like ten days! :eek:

Anyways, the question is pretty straight-forward. Which defender do I buy? Brown is 28 yo; rated 90 while Metzelder is 27 yo; rated 90.

Will Brown be able to displace club captain Gary Neville and play regularly for Man U next season to keep his rating? I have my doubts about it.

On the other hand, here's what my friend Addy, a Real Madrid fan, has to say about Metzelder:

Metzelder...?

well, only an injury free season could stop him from becoming another Woodgate.

I THINK, this could be his last season at Madrid ( depending on his performances) considering Garay will be at the Bernabau come next season !

So who do you guys think I should go for? As usual, rep for those who help me out with this one! ;)

Re: Wes Brown or Christoph Metzelder?

lol' date=' seems like I'm addicted to troubling you guys - this is the third thread I've opened in this section in like ten days! :eek:

Anyways, the question is pretty straight-forward. Which defender do I buy? Brown is 28 yo; rated 90 while Metzelder is 27 yo; rated 90.

Will Brown be able to displace club captain Gary Neville and play regularly for Man U next season to keep his rating? I have my doubts about it.

On the other hand, here's what my friend Addy, a Real Madrid fan, has to say about Metzelder:

So who do you guys think I should go for? As usual, rep for those who help me out with this one! ;)[/quote']

I think Brown can step up for sure and i myself would choose him over Metzelder any day of the week. And as your friend said, Garay may be there next season and he will surely get the nod over Metzelder.

So for Brown, he has my vote

I like Brown better. I am not saying because i am a Manchester united fan but I think he had a solid season last season and I am confident that he will be able to play at that level the next season. But with Gary Neville back from injury, it's too early to say yet whether he will play regular first XI.

For Metzelder, I think his chances of first XI will become more limited after the arrival of Garay. As your friend said, he needs to be injury free first.

I would go for Brown :)

Here's an idea ... get neither!!! :P

Heaps of other/better CBs on SM, some presently rated 88/89. ;)

I tend to agree with your friend re: Metzelder. He was never good enough for Real Madrid and unless he discovers his form from like 3 years ago I fear he will end up back in the BL. Having said that, he is still Germany's No 2 CB. What does that say about the lack of quality CB in Germany atm. :(:o

I don't rate Brown either. Yes, as a Man U fan I have had to eat humble pie as he has actually improved over the past 2 seasons but I'm still surprised that he was preferred ahead of Pique by SAF. I know which one I would've shown the door to :rolleyes::P

So, if you only have the above 2 to chose from, then go with Brown. I don't think Neville at 33 will mount a serious challenge to replacing Brown at RB.

On that note however, be aware that Brown could have a positional change when England rating are done next to RB/CB. ;)

Herby

OK' date=' so we have two votes for Brown so far... anyone beg to differ, or do you agree with the above two?

You have been repped Havoc, but I can't rep u man_u coz I have to spread some around first (remember I repped you a few days ago ;) )[/quote']

don't worry about the rep. :)

Yeah, as herbythelovebug has pointed out Brown's position will most likely be changed to RB/CB so if you want a CB, I wouldn't recommend him. Besides, also try to look for younger talents such as Silvestri, Fazio, Pique, etc (if they are available in your setup). hope this helps :)

don't worry about the rep. :)

Yeah' date=' as herbythelovebug has pointed out Brown's position will most likely be changed to RB/CB so if you want a CB, I wouldn't recommend him. Besides, also try to look for younger talents such as [b']Silvestri[/b], Fazio, Pique, etc (if they are available in your setup). hope this helps :)

De Silvestri ;) to those that don't know him personally! :P:D

best option ....and cheap would be to go for Henrique , Adriano Buss he is81 rated...was due a +4 or +5 rating change in Brazilian rating change....didn't happen as he was transferred to Barcelona....and from there he is sent out on loan to Bayer leverkusen .....so a lot of game time in Europe ....plus he is young and has a bright future ahead of him.....by the end of the season he would hit 89/90 in my opinion..!!!