Re: Mathieu BODMER

I'd take that deal ASAP. Mathieu Bodmer has been very important for Lyon last season and is quite a versatile player as well. He has a great chance of rising to 93, especially with the form of his last seaosn, where he has been indispensable to Lyon. He played 37 games and scored 6 goals for Lyon that season, an impressive record for a midfielder who has been playing defensively-minded

Also, if he isn't going to rise, I'd still take him, 11M for Mathieu Bodmer is a bargain as 92 rated players don't come along that cheap very often.

He is rated 91 ;) . I'd take it although I can't see him rising next season really :o. With Juninho' date=' Toulalan, Kalstrunm, and now Makoun I have a feeling his games may be limited. Also, Pjanic will be challenging strongly for a starting spot.

Never-the-less, 11 mil is a great price, so I'd do the deal.[/quote']

Well Ben, Mathieu Bodmer played 37 games last season while Kim Kallstorm also played 37 games last season as well as Jeremy Toulalan playing just 30 games and Pernambucano Juninho playing just 32 games. So Mathieu Bodmer and Kim Kallstorm played the most games.

P.S: It's Kim Kallstorm not Kim Kalstrunm

Well Ben' date=' [b']Mathieu Bodmer[/b] played 37 games last season while Kim Kallstorm also played 37 games last season as well as Jeremy Toulalan playing just 30 games and Pernambucano Juninho playing just 32 games. So Mathieu Bodmer and Kim Kallstorm played the most games.

P.S: It's Kim Kallstorm not Kim Kalstrunm

Sorry about the spelling :o. I'm not saying he won't play atoll, I'm just saying his games will be more limited. If Bodmer, Källström, Toulalan, and Juninho were fully fit the whole season, I'm pretty sure they'd all have started every game possible. This season however the competition will be a lot stronger for Bodmer. Toulalan is a regular starter for France and Källström a regular starter for Sweden. While Bodmer is really struggling to get into the international setup atoll. Lyon also have Makoun (starter for Cameroon) who i personally think will start ahead of Bodmer like he has been in the preseason. And Pjanic who has also been starting pre-season (ahead of Juninho). We also can't forget about the 22 year old Brazilian Ederson who they signed from Nice. He'll be looking for a lot of match time.

So my conclusion is that he'll still play, but his time will be more limited. I'd say he'll make about 20 games next season. I may be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

At 11 mil he is still a great buy though.

Sorry about the spelling :o. I'm not saying he won't play atoll' date=' I'm just saying his games will be more limited. If Bodmer, Källström, Toulalan, and Juninho were fully fit the whole season, I'm pretty sure they'd all have started every game possible. This season however the competition will be a lot stronger for Bodmer. Toulalan is a regular starter for France and Källström a regular starter for Sweden. While Bodmer is really struggling to get into the international setup atoll. Lyon also have Makoun (starter for Cameroon) who i personally think will start ahead of Bodmer like he has been in the preseason. And Pjanic who has also been starting pre-season (ahead of Juninho). We also can't forget about the 22 year old Brazilian Ederson who they signed from Nice. He'll be looking for a lot of match time.

So my conclusion is that he'll still play, but his time will be more limited. I'd say he'll make about 20 games next season. I may be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

At 11 mil he is still a great buy though.[/quote']

I agree. Well, it is almost definite that Pernambucano Juninho is playing and probably Jeremy Toulalan is as well, so we might see fierce competition from Miralem Pjanic, Horanto Ederson, Jean Makoun and Mathieu Bodmer. I hope Lyon go for a 3-5-2 formation which would be very decent IMO...

Hugo Lloris

Francois Clerc---Marques Cris--Fabio Grosso

Sidney Govou---Kim Kallstorm/Mathieu Bodmer---Jeremy Toulalan---Pernambucano Juninho---Kader Keita

Karim Benzema---Chaves Fred

This formation could easily transform if Alain Perrin puts Pernambucano Juninho on the right wing and slot Horanto Ederson or hopefully Miralem Pjanic in the CM slot.

P.S: It's at all not atoll :P

sidetracking from the main topic' date='

what do u guys think about ederson? Will he be challenging for a first team spot? Looking to add him to my squad.

Anyway, accept the deal! I don't see Bodmer decreasing anytime soon, it's likely that he will maintain his rating.

cheers[/quote']

Can't see Ederson playing that much in the coming season. Juninho and Pjanic are both gonna be above him in the pecking order I think. May be wrong though. I suppose we're just gonna have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting stuff from Lyon's first game. Bodmer did start.

Infact all of these midfielders started:

Makoun (scored)

Pjanic

Bodmer

Juninho

Toulalan

Govou

So 6 midfielders made the first team. Although there was no place for Källström who was an unused sub. And Ederson could only manage a sub appearance though. Lyon still won 3-0 though despite only playing one forward (Benzema - who scored a brace) and 3 defenders.

Interesting stuff from Lyon's first game. Bodmer did start.

Infact all of these midfielders started:

Makoun (scored)

Pjanic

Bodmer

Juninho

Toulalan

Govou

So 6 midfielders made the first team. Although there was no place for Källström who was an unused sub. And Ederson could only manage a sub appearance though. Lyon still won 3-0 though despite only playing one forward (Benzema - who scored a brace) and 3 defenders.

I think they are playing a 3-3-2-1-1 formation type with Karim Benzema as lone striker' date=' [b']Pernambucano Juninho[/b] and Sidney Govou out wide. Mathieu Bodmer, Jean Makoun and Jeremy Toulalan as holding midfielders and Miralem Pjanic right behind Karim Benzema.

It looks like Hornato Ederson and Kim Kallstorm will be substitutes this season.

tom' date=' i didn't see the game but i think Bodmer played at the back??[/quote']

Just looked at my database and you are correct. It's also worth pointing out Clerc has just done his Cruciates, and won't be playing football til January '09. Maybe one to sell now ;). This will also bring more defensive problems for Lyon.