Sign in to follow this  
Doe ©

A Guide To The Americas Part 2

After the incredible success of my first thread, I have decided to create Part 2! offering stats, pictures, videos and my own personal viewpoint on the latest and greatest South, Central and North American talents, in this beautiful place, we call Earth. My aim, is to provide you (the reader) with one hundred sublime reports that you will not find anywhere else on the forum. The reports will be more reader friendly, as I thought they were slightly boring and intimidating to read last time. Everybody's views, criticisms and comments are very helpful to me, so please speak up!, I hope you enjoy viewing and reading this thread, because all I want is to help and educate people about young prospects in the Americas. Please feel free to PM me any questions you may have, I am online every day (apart from holidays), so responses will be quick and useful. A hyperlink database will be used just like Part 1, so your desired player is just one click away. Only players of 21 years of age or younger will be used. HASTA LA VISTA!

Hyperlinks To Each Specific Player Mentioned

#2 Ricardo Verduguez

#3 Emir Faccioli

#4 Taison

#5 Franco Fasciana

#6 Ronald Vargas

#7 Guilherme

americas.jpg

The Biggest Talent Playground On Earth, And I Am Going To Use It!, AGAIN!

Re: A Guide To The Americas Part 2

chile-emoticon-flag.gif#1 Carlos Carmonachile-emoticon-flag.gif

CCarmona.jpg

Carmona Whilst At Coquimbo Unido.

Here is my first find of the new thread, and he won't dissapoint you. His name is Carlos Carmona, and he is from somewhere where it isn't very chilly, Chile. He was born on the 21st February 1987 in Coquimbo, Chile, and he is 1.78m in height.

876423-Coquimbo-Chile-1.jpg

Coquimbo, Chile - Carmona's Hometown.

Back in 2005, Carmona burst onto the international scene during the 2005 Fifa U20 World Cup, he started 1 of Chile's 4 games against African side, Morocco. He was an unused substitute for 'La Roja's' first two Group C games against the Honduras and Spain, but played a full 90 minutes in Chile's final Group C match, against Morocco. Chile progressed to the round of 16, where tournament holders Holland stood in their way of a place in the last 8. Chile succombed to a 3-0 defeat, with Carmona replacing Ivan Vasquez in the 46th minute. This was an interesting debut tournament for the young midfielder, he was the youngest member of the Chile squad.

During the same year, Carmona was also a member of U20 Chile side that participated at the 2005 South American U20 Championship, he made 5 appearances in 9 matches, whilst being the youngest member of the squad again. Chile's opening game in the first stage came against Uruguay, Carmona was an unused substitute in a 0-0 draw. The next game saw Carmona make his debut in the competition, replacing Fernando Meneses in the 78th minute, with Chile taking the spoils by 3 goals to 2. Next up were the always tricky, Brazil. Unfortunately, Carmona sat on the bench for the entire game, with Brazil handing Chile their first defeat, by beating them 4-2. Carmona missed the final first stage match against Ecuador because of injury, but Chile still taught Ecuador a lesson in how to play football, by convincingly thumping them 5-1. 'La Roja' progressed to the final stage of the competition, and first up were Colombia. Chile were narrowly beaten 3-4 in a thrilling match, with Carmona replacing Jose Pedro Fuenzalida in the 77th minute, his second appearance of the tournament. Would Carmona get a starting 11 berth in the 2nd final stage match? Yes, he did. The start came against tournament favourites Argentina, Carmona was booked early on, in the 21st minute and was later replaced by Ricardo Parada in the 64th minute, nethertheless a start. The match ended level, at 2-2. Another place in the starting 11 followed against Venezuela, this time Carmona was replaced in the 46th minute by Sebastian Montesinos, but with Chile winning 2-3. However, Carmona started his third game in succession, with Brazil being the oponents. He played a full 90 minutes, but gained a booking in the 32nd minute. Chile still crawled to a 2-2 loss though. This booking was a blow to Carmona, as he had already picked up one earlier in the final stage. This meant he was suspended for Chile's final game against Uruguay. Chile picked up a point from the encounter, after a 2-2 draw. Carmona probably would have started, had he have been available for selection. A good tournament for Carmona, with 3 starts (2 against the best U20 sides in South America, if not the world), and 2 substitute appearances.

The 2007 editions of the Fifa U20 World Cup and the South American U20 Championship, both featured Carmona once again. He featured in 4 of Chile's 7 games at the Fifa U20 World Cup. The first group stage pitted Chile against Canada, Congo and Austria, and Carmona started all 3 of the games. The first match was against Canada, with Carmona scoring in the 54th minute with a header, and playing a full 90 minutes, nothing was ever going to stop Chile from winning, the full time score was 0-3. Next up were African side, Congo. Carmona once again played the full 90 minutes, helping Chile to a comfortable 3-0 win. Their final group match came against Austria, who frustrated Chile, and held them to an exciting 0-0 draw. This is where Carmona's tournament lost its sparkle. He picked up an injury and had to be substituted in the 29th minute, by Gary Medel. Carmona captained the side for all 3 matches. Chile progressed to the round of 16 where Portugal were their oponents. Carmona was an unused substitute in the 1-0 win for Chile. A 4-0 win against Nigeria in the quarter finals followed, with Carmona replacing super striker Nicolas Medina in the 46th minute, and picking up a booking in the 91st minute. Chile were finally beaten in the semi finals, against a very strong Argentina side 0-3. Carmona was an unused substitute. 'La Roja' had a chance to get 3rd place against Austria (who they drew with in the group stages). They delivered and deservedly won 0-1. However Carmona was once again left in the dugout for the full match. The tournament started brightly for Carmona, but gradually got worse as Chile progressed, but the South American U20 Championship 2007 proved to be completely different.

Carmona started all 9 of Chile's games, proving himself to be a supurb captain and midfield maestro. Chile's first game came against Brazil, Carmona played the full 90 minutes and was booked in the 37th minute. Brazil showed their class and won the match 4-2. Paraguay were next, and scraped a 1-0 win over 'La Roja', Carmona playing a full 90 minutes for the second match in succession. A 0-4 thrashing of Bolivia followed that, with Carmona playing the full 90 minutes again. A crucial victory for Chile, whose confidence needed lifting. Peru were next, and Carmona captained the side to a 2-4 victory, once again playing the whole match. With 2 wins and 2 losses, Chile progressed to the final stage of the competition. Colombia were up first, and Chile showed the other countries what they were all about with a comprehensive 0-5 victory, with Carmona playing his fifth successive 90 minutes, and picking up a booking in the 27th minute. Brazil who beat Chile in the first group stage followed the Colombia match, and a 2-2 draw was the final score. Carmona yet again playing the whole 90 minutes. One tough country, was followed by another as Argentina were up next for Chile. 0-0 was the result, and Carmona completed another 90 minutes. Draws were becoming all to common for Chile as a 1-1 draw against Uruguay followed. Carmona kept his record of never being substituted or a non starter, as he played another 90 minutes. Paraguay who edged Chile 1-0 earlier in the tournament were Chile's final game, and a win by one goal was again the result, with Paraguay winning 3-2. Carmona completed his excellent tournament with another full 90 minute display. Altogether Carmona completed around 810 minutes of football, captaining the side in every minute.

Next up on Carmona's International calender came the Toulon U21 Tournament 2008, this is a competition with 8 countries competing in it. He featured in 4 of Chile's 5 games. Chile were placed in group A with France, Holland and Japan, and first up were France. In a truly entertaining game Chile triumphed 3-5 winners, with Carmona playing 73 minutes before being replaced by Boris Sagredo. A more comfortable 0-2 win over Holland followed, with carmon aplaying the full 90 minutes. Carmona grabbed his first goal of the tournament in Chile's final group game against Japan, with a stunning 40 yard volley in the 75th minute. The final score was 2-0 to Chile and Carmona gained a booking in the 26th minute. Heartbreak was to hit Carmona in the semi finals against the Ivory Coast though, with Carmona only one booking away from suspension, a booking was to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately, he was booked in the 34th minute. This was highly debatable and it ruled Carmona out of the final, if Chile got there. Chile ran out 2-1 winners, with Carmona playing the full match, and helping his beloved country whilst he could. Carmona's absence for the final, didn't help Chile, and they succombed to a 0-1 loss to Italy.

300px-396px-Boisko_Positions.PNG

RM, LM, DM and CM Are All Possible Positions For Carmona.

This Player Is On The DB - Rated 83 - RM/LM - Aged 21 - Reggina - Rating Change +3

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £3,543,000

Carmona's Spectacular Volley Against Japan.

On the positive side, Carmona's performances not only propelled him into the limelight, but he was then called up for Chile's 2010 World Cup Qualifying games against Bolivia and Venezuela. On the 15th June 2008 Carmona started the game against Bolivia, completing a full 90 minutes, and helping Chile to a 0-2 victory. 4 days later, on the 19th June 2008, Carmona once again played the full 90 minutes, this time against rapidly improving Venezuela. He also picked up his first senior intrenational booking, in the 16th minute. His performances were of a high standard, with people highly impressed in Chile.

Now onto the domestic side of things. From 2003-2005 Carmona was making a name for himself in his hometown's football clubs' youth academy (Coquimbo Unido). From 2005-2007, Carmona was in Coquimbo's first team squad, making 92 appearances, scoring 7 goals at a very young age. He moved to O'Higgins for the 2008 season in Chile, and it didn't take long for him to settle in. The 2008 Apertura bought 13 starts and 1 substitute appearance for the youngster. His goals came on the 8th March 2008 against Metipilla in the 5th minute, the 19th April 2008 agaianst La Serena in the 64th minute and finally on the 30th April 2008 against Universidad De Chile in the 5th minute, a tally of 3 goals in 14 appearances altogether. I do see a problem with Carmona's playing style based on this statistic though: 8 bookings. Discipline is a much needed necessity throughout the modern game, he must cut out these bookings if he is to become a top class player in Europe. The Clausura 2008 bought 3 starts and 2 more bookings, before Carmona took a big step in his career: To join Italian Serie A side Reggina. He officially moved to Italy on the 18th July 2008.

4651.jpg2836.gif8338.jpg

From Coquimbo Unido (Left), To O'Higgins (Center) And Now Reggina (Right).

Personal Viewpoint - I am very excited by this young prospect, as his physical style of play may suit Italian football. I am also anxious to find out where Reggina will play him, he was used on either wing in Chile at Domestic level, but on the international scene, he is played in either the holding role or the centre of midfield, in my opinion his best position. Who knows what the future brings, but hopefully it will be a bright one for Carlos Carmona.

I always liked your scouting reports and i think u know i'm a big fan of you so i have to spread some rep first :D

Anyway , I think that this is the greatest scouting post ever on this forum:eek: ;)

I always liked your scouting reports and i think u know i'm a big fan of you so i have to spread some rep first :D

Anyway ' date=' I think that this is the greatest scouting post ever on this forum:eek: ;)[/quote']

A supurb compliment thank you very much :D

bolivia-smile-flag.gif#2 Ricardo Verduguezbolivia-smile-flag.gif

340x.jpg

Verduguez (Right) In Action For Blooming.

Second in line is Ricardo Verduguez and he is from an ever improving football nation, Bolivia. He was born on the 28th July 1989 in Santa Cruz De La Sierra, Bolivia and is 1.72m in height.

scruz.jpg

Santa Cruz De La Sierra, Bolivia - Verduguez's Hometown.

Back at the 2007 South American U20 Championship, Verduguez appeared in 3 of Bolivia's 4 games against Paraguay, Chile and Brazil. 'La Verde' were up against Paraguay in their opening group game, and Verduguez was in the starting line up. He was booked in the 31st minute and played the full 90 minutes in a 0-0 draw. He kept his place in the side for the following game against Chile, where once again he played the full 90 minutes, but could not stop Chile winning 0-4. Top South American side Brazil were 3rd in line, with Bolivia lacking confidence it was the worst possible side 'La Verde' could have been playing. Verduguez played a full 90 minutes yet again, but Brazil ran out predicted winners, 0-3. Unfortunately Verduguez was an unused substitute in Bolivia's final group game against Peru. It was the only game Bolivia won, with the scoreline finishing at 4-1. 6 months after the tournament, Bolivia called Verduguez up for the South American 2010 World Cup Qualifier against Colombia, and he played a full 90 minutes at left back, his preferred position. He helped 'La Verde' to a clean sheet in the match, unfortunately they could not score at the other end. Final score 0-0.

Since 2005, Verduguez has been with native side Blooming, and has held down a starting 11 place ever since. Altogether he has made 84 appearances, scoring 4 goals. A very respectable record for a 19 year old. The 2008 Apertura in Bolivia, bought Verduguez 13 starts and 1 goal. He was substituted once, on the 30th April 2008 against Bolivar, in the 55th minute. His replacement was Limberg Gutierrez. He also made one substitute apperance. This came on the 22nd June 2008 against Oriente Petrolero, when he replaced the injured Carlos Sabja in the 9th minute. His goal came against Guabira, on the 17th July 2008 in the 88th minute. Blooming have only played 2 matches in the 2008 Clausura so far, but Verduguez has started both of them. He scored the winning goal in their opening game against Real Mamore on the 3rd August 2008. His goal came in the 50th minute. Verduguez is said to have good technical ability, an attacking instinct and a fierce shot.

Club_Blooming.gif

Blooming - His Professional Club Since 2005

Personal Viewpoint - Anyone who can have 84 games at club level, 3 U20 caps and a full international cap wrapped up at just 19 years of age must be worth looking at in my opinion.

Usually LB, Sometimes RB Is Where Verduguez Influences The Game.

This Player Is Not On The DB

A lot of depth in to that ©arbon I did like your other America report, but thought there was probably too many in it if i'm honest, however something as detailed as this would help a lot of people. I'll rep you for it.;)

A lot of depth in to that ©arbonm I did like your other America report' date=' but thought there was probably too many in it if i'm honest, however something as detailed as this would help a lot of people. I'll rep you for it.;)[/quote']

Yeah, may as well make it worthwhile and do lots of players - No point in missing players who deserve a mention is there? ;)

Looks like I am achieving my aims then, to help and educate people on football in the Americas. Thanks for the rep, always appreciated.

argentina-smile-flag.gif#3 Emir Faccioliargentina-smile-flag.gif

lanus.jpg

Faccioli Showing His Passion For Lanus.

Now back to Argentina with a bright prospect, who is becoming a regular in his domestic side. His name is Emir Faccioli, and was born on the 5th August 1989 in Margarita Belen, Argentina, making him 19 years of age. He currently stands at a height of 1.80m.

verimagennota-2.jpg

Margarita Belen, Argentina - Faccioli's Hometown.

As far as I can see Faccioli has no international appearances for Argentina yet, but the young centre back has been close on occasions. So that paves the way for me to move straight into his domestic career for "El Granate", Lanus.

Back on the 23rd September 2007 against Estudiantes in a 2007/2008 Apertura league game, the substitutions board was held up in the 71st minute with Diego Manicero making way, but who would replace him? This is where Emir Faccioli made his first team debut for Lanus. This turned out to be his only appearance for Lanus during the 2007/2008 Apertura. Little did we know that Faccioli would start 10 games out of a possible 19 for Lanus in the Clausura, and play a part in the 2008 Libertadores Cup campaign. His first goal for the club came against San Martin on the 10th May 2008, in the 90th minute, in what was his final appearance of the Clausura. He also gained two bookings, these came on the 23rd April 2008 against Gimnasia Jujuy, in the 45th minute, and on the 10th May 2008 against San Martin, in the 90th minute, for his celebrations after scoring the goal mentioned above.

1818.jpg

One Man, One Club - Lanus.

Faccioli also played numerous times in the South American version of the Champions League, the Copa Libertadores 2008. Lanus had to play Olmedo of Ecuador in the preliminery round to qualify for the group stages of the competition, Faccioli played a full 90 minutes in the 1st leg, a 1-0 loss away from home played on the 31st January 2008. Then on the 5th February 2008, he played a full 90 minutes in the 2nd leg, a 3-0 win at home, putting Lanus through 3-1 on aggregate. Thanks to the victory, Lanus were pitted against Danubio of Uruguay, Estudiantes of Argentina and Deportivo Cuenca of Ecuador in Group 2. The first match came on the 14th February 2008 against Danubio at home. Faccioli played a full 90 minutes, helping "El Granate" to a 3-1 victory. 12 days later, on the 26th February 2008 Estudiantes entertained Lanus, with Faccioli completing a full match. However the final score was a 0-0 draw. Faccioli was booked in the 86th minute. Lanus' first Libertadores game of March came at home to Ecuador's Deportivo Cuenca, 0-0 was once again the result with Faccioli completing a third successive match. Faccioli did not appear for Lanus in the return fixture against Deportivo Cuenca, a 1-1 draw. Lanus' 5th group game came against Argentinean rivals Estudiantes on the 2nd April 2008, Faccioli did not start, but replaced Sebastian Blanco in the 87th minute, in a thrilling match that ended 3-3. Last up were Danubio this time away from home. Faccioli played the whole match, with Lanus winning 1-2, on the 15th April 2008. Lanus progressed with 10 points from a possible 18, and an unbeaten run to keep. "El Granate" were drawn against Group 3 winners Atlas of Mexico, who were known to be very strong at home, having won 3 out of 3 on their own turf. The 29th April 2008 saw the 1st leg played at the Estadio Lanus. Faccioli played the full 90 minutes but Atlas ran out 0-1 winners, not the result Lanus wanted. The 2nd leg was played on the 6th May 2008, this time at the Jalisco, Atlas' ground. Unfortunately Faccioli was no-where to be seen and Lanus could only manage a 2-2 draw, although this was a good result against a team who were notoriously strong at home. "El Granate" went out 3-2 on aggregate. Precious intercontinental experience cannot be bought, and Faccioli has already bagged a handful at just 19 years of age. He helped Lanus to two clean sheets throughout the tournament.

26471_news.jpg

You Can't Buy Intercontinental Experience.

The 2008/2009 Apertura has just kicked off in Argentina, and Faccioli started Lanus' opening game away to Racing Club. As well as playing the full match, he helped his team to a clean sheet, in a 0-2 win.

Personal Viewpoint - He has been so close to playing for the Argentinean U20 team in the past, so he must have something. In a team a centre back needs to have good aerial ability, strength, organisational skills, good communication and a cool head. At just 19 years of age Faccioli looks to be a regular for Lanus meaning they trust him to have these capabilities.

CB Is Faccioli's Primary Position.

This Player Is On The DB - Rating 83 - CB - Aged 19 - Lanus - Rating Change +8

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £3,745,000

Will do' date=' like the images though. :o[/quote']

yeah , i like the images and the style too but you should make them smaller (if u know how)

if u want i can make at least that image with players position smaller;)

brazil-emoticon-flag.gif#4 Taisonbrazil-emoticon-flag.gif

0,,14617041-DP,00.jpg

Taison Posing For The Cameras.

The greatest footballing country is next on my list, and I present you Taison Barcellos Freda (With a big thank you to Insider). He was born in Pelotas, Brazil on the 13th January 1988, making him 20 years of age. He is 1.72m in height.

The international scene has eluded Taison for now, but he will surely be capped at sometime in his career, which will be a very good one, so the domestic scene is my only source. He currently plays for "Nacao Vermelha", Internacional in his native country, Brazil.

Taison has burst onto the first team scene this season, but before we dive into that, we will take a look at his brief career before he became an important member of the Internacional squad. He was spotted by Gremio at first, and played through the youth ranks for a number of years, this then led to a trial with Intrenacional, but he was rejected. He then proved himself to be an excellent player in the State Youth Championships, his rise to prominence was once again seen by "Nacho Vermelha", but this time signed a contract with them until 2013, with a release clause of £33 million pounds, this shows how highly he is regarded by Internacional. His speed and dribbling are sensational, and has been compared to Milan star Alexandre Pato and Real Betis player, Rafael Sobis.

4920.jpg4072.jpg

Gremio Spotted Him, Internacional Possess His Talent.

So onto the 2008 Brasileiro Serie A, where Taison has enjoyed breaking into the starting 11 on a regular basis. Altogether he has made 11 starts, appeared as a substitute twice, has scored 1 goal and has picked up 3 yellow cards. He scored his first ever goal for the first team, against Palmeiras just three days ago, on the 21st August 2008. His goal came in the 85th minute, after coming on as a substitute. His other substitute appearance came against Vitoria on the 22nd June. His three bookings came on the 6th July 2008 against Coritiba, the 26th July 2008 against Ipatinga and finally on the 2nd August 2008 against Fluminense. He has featured on both wings occasionally, but has mainly featured as part of a two/three man attacking midfield.

Personal Viewpoint - This player has a great future ahead of him, if he is being compared to Pato by his team mates, and is holding a regular spot in the starting 11, this 20 year old should start to raise a few eyebrows. With a £33 million pound release clause, Internacional must think he is star quality in the making.

AM Usually, SS, LW and RW Occasionally.

This Player Is On The DB - Rating 75 - AM - Aged 20 - Internacional - Rating Change 0

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £547,000

euro-eyed-smile.gif#5 Franco Fascianaeuro-eyed-smile.gif

This 18 year old Venezuelan has just secured a move to a very big European team. His name is Fanco Fasciana, born on the 9th May 1990 in Barinas, Venezuela. He is 1.80m in height.

fasciana1.jpg

Fasciana (Left) In Action For UA Maracaibo.

Fasciana came to prominence in the South American U17 Championship last year, where he started all 9 of Venezuela's games. Their first group match came against Uruguay, where they lost 1-4. Fasciana completed 75 minutes, picking up a booking in the 59th minute, before being replaced by Franco Signorelli. Paraguay followed, this time a much better performance from Venezuela saw them win 2-1, with Fasciana playing the whole match. Top dogs Argentina were next, a 1-1 draw was the result with Fasciana once again playing a full 90 minutes. Their final first group stage opponents were Colombia, 2-2 was the final scoreline, with Fasciana playing a full match for the third game running. Venezuela progressed to the next and final stage where they met Peru in their opening game. They succombed to a 1-2 loss, with Fasciana being replaced by Angel Andres Rivera in the 66th minute. A 1-0 win followed against Ecuador, Fasciana played the whole match, but was booked in the 86th minute. A hammering at the hands of Brazil came next, a 0-4 loss, with Fasciana playing a full 90 minutes. Just like the first group stage result, Venezuela drew 1-1 with Argentina, but Fasciana was substituted. He was replaced by Franco Signorelli in the 75th minute. "La Vinotinto's" final game of the tournament was not a pleasant one, they were crushed 0-5 by Colombia, but Fasciana completed his 100% starting record by playing the full 90 minutes.

Within the domestic side of things, Fasciana was contracted to UA Maracaibo from 2007 to mid 2008. He made 16 appearances before his contract expired on the 31st May 2008, meaning he could leave the club on a free transfer. Top Spanish side Barcelona had been watching his impressive performances at the South American U17 Championship, and decided to hand him a 2 year semi pro contract, Fasciana will play in the Barcelona B team. They beat off interest from several other Spanish sides to get his signature. He usually plays as a holding midfielder.

fc_barcelona_logo_03.gif

Barcelona, Have They Snapped Up A Hidden Talent?

Radio Deporte held a short interview with the teenage sensation, here is what he had to say: "A dream comes true. I didn't expect it. I knew that they were following me but I didn't think everything would go that fast. I think this is my big opportunity. I'm aware it will be difficult to get to the first team, but I will give everything to achieve that (Source - FC Barcelona Blog: Barca Transfer Zone)

Personal Viewpoint - A player who is signed by Barcelona at the tender age of 18, must have a good career ahead of him. Should he succeed in the B team, and gain a place in the A team during the future, Fasciana should be 90 material.

DM is Fasciana's Prominent Position.

This Player Is On The DB - Rating 78 - D - Aged 18 - Barcelona - Rating Change +4

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £1,473,000

Great work, i looked through your over one as well, looks brilliant. I signed Faccioli when he was a 10ker, i think, but i've sold him off now, might have to get him back if your reckoning he's gonna improve more and more.

Fasciana is a great spot :P...

can i ask, what do you think about Edgar Andrade and Sergio Perez from the Mexican league?

Thanks

rep rep :P

euro-eyed-smile.gif#6 Ronald Vargaseuro-eyed-smile.gif

Another player from Venezuela here, his name is Ronald Vargas, born on the 2nd December 1986 in Guatrie, Venezuela. He is currently 21 years of age and 1.74m in height.

08_vargas_venezuela_celeb_s.jpg

Vargas Shouting In Triumph.

Back in 2005, Vargas was in the Venezuela squad for the South American U17 Championship, although Venezuela only won one game, Vargas scored a couple of goals and gained some appearances at International level. First up were powerhouses Argentina, "La Vinotinto" succombed to a 0-3 loss and an immediate loss of morale. Vargas played 33 minutes after replacing Nicolas Feder in the 57th minute. A 3-3 draw with Bolivia followed, with Vargas replacing Ever Espinoza in the 39th minute. Venezuela's second loss came next though, with Coloumbia wrapping up a 0-2 victory. Vargas gained his first start however, and a full 90 minutes. "La Vinotinto's" first win came next, with a 3-0 thumping of Peru. Vargas was replaced by Elias Leal with 23 minutes of the match remaining. Venezuela did just enough to scrape through to the final stage. They did not have a good start, losing 0-1 to Argentina, with Vargas replacing Nicolas Feder in the 85th minute. Another 0-1 loss followed, this time against Brazil. Vargas again appeared as a late substitute, with Paul Ramirez making way in the 83rd minute. Chile proved too much for "La Vinotinto" in the next game, losing 2-3. Vargas scored twice, in the 42nd and 67th minute proving he was a starting 11 player. He played the whole match. Uruguay then beat Venezuela 1-2 to pile on the misery. For the second game running, Vargas played the full 90 minutes. Venezuela played Colombia in their final game, and they could not muster anything from it, losing 0-2, with Vargas playing a full match again. "La Vinotinto" gained no points and finished last in the group. Vargas was 2nd joint top scorer with 2 goals, behind Paul Ramirez (4) and equal with Nicolas Fedor (2).

In February this year, Vargas made his senior international debut for Venezuela against Haiti in a friendly. Four months later Venezuela gained a legendary 2-0 victory over Brazil, with Vargas on the scoresheet, his best international moment so far. Since then he has started 3 of "La Vinotinto's" games in the 2010 South American World Cup Qualifying section. The first came against Uruguay on the 14th June 2008, where Vargas scored in the 55th minute, before being replaced by Alexander Rondon in the 72nd minute. Five days later, Chile were the opponents, and Venezuela succombed to a 2-3 loss. Vargas started again, and was replaced by Tomas Rincon in the 60th minute. This month, on the 6th September 2008, Vargas started the match against Peru, before being replaced by Alejandro Abraham Guerra in the 66th minute. "La Vinotinto" lost 0-1.

100px-Venezuela_football_association.gif

Regular Starter For Venezuela Now?

Caracas FC were Vargas' home from 2005 through to the 14th May 2008. Altogether he made 43 appearances, scoring 10 goals. The 2008 Copa Libertadores was the only competition where Vargas showed his capability on the entire South American scene. On the 12th February 2008 he started Caracas' first Group A match against Argentinean side, San Lorenzo. Vargas was booked in the 4th minute, played the whole match and his team won 2-0. A great start for Caracas. Real Potosi of Bolivia were next and Caracas gained their 2nd successive victory, winning 3-1. Vargas scored in the 38th minute, but was then sent off 6 minutes later, meaning he would miss the next match. Next up were group favouries Cruzeiro, from Brazil. With Vargas missing they struggled to a 0-3 loss. On the 18th March 2008, Cruzeiro were back in town and this time Caracas gained a creditable 1-1 draw. Vargas was back from suspension, straight back in the line up and played the full match. The 1st April 2008 saw "Los Rojos Del Avila" take on Real Potosi, if Caracas wanted to progress to the next stage they needed a win and they didn't get it. Potosi took the spoils 1-3, much to the disappointment of Caracas and their supporters. Vargas played the full match. San Lorenzo were Caracas' final chance to qualify, and once again "Los Rojos Del Avila" failed to show up, losing 0-3. Vargas captained the side, and was later replaced by Emilio Renteria in the 68th minute. He also picked up a booking in the 38th minute. Caracas finished 3rd in Group A, 3 points behind San Lorenzo and 4 behind Cruzeiro.

On the 14th May 2008, Club Brugge of Belgium secured the services of Ronald Vargas for the next 4 seasons, after buying the Venezuelan for £800,000 on a 4 year deal. After a long wait throughout pre season, Vargas made his competitive league debut for Brugge on the 29th August 2008 against Tupize. He came on as an 82nd minute substitute for Wesley Sonck, with Brugge winning 4-1. On the 13th September 2008, Vargas started for the first time in a Brugge shirt in a league match against Dender, he was replaced by Peruvian, Daniel Chavez in the 69th minute. 1-1 was the full time score. Yesterday in the Uefa Cup First Round, Vargas played the whole match for Brugge against BSC Young Boys of Switzerland, with a 2-2 draw the final result.

2303.gif3778.jpg

He Shone For Caracas, Now To Light Brugge Up.

Vargas usually plays as either an attacking midfielder, centre midfielder or right winger. Brugge seem to be playing him on the right side of midfield, however Venezuela tend to use him 'in the hole' behind Giancarlo Maldonado and Juan Arango.

Personal Viewpoint - If Vargas can hold a starting 11 place, he should be a hit in Belgium providing he doesn't suffer from the different style of play disease. £800,000 could well turn out to be a bargain.

Vargas Can Play On The RW and RM, But Also As An AM or CM.

This Player Is On The DB - Rating 84 - W/AM - Aged 21 - Club Brugge - Rating Change 0

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £4,097,000

brazil-smile-flag.gif#7 Guilhermebrazil-smile-flag.gif

Perhaps a well known find here, but I guarantee this report walks all over anybody elses on the forum. His name is Guilhereme and is currently ripping defences open over in Brazil. He was born on the 22nd October 1988 in Imperatriz, Brazil, making him 19 years of age. He stands at a height of 1.74m.

10334.jpg

Guilherme Clenches His Fist In Celebration.

Moving straight into the domestic scene with Guilherme, he was nurtured through the Cruzeiro youth system from 2003 to 2006 before impresseing enough to earn a spot on the first team for the 2007 season in Brazil. He made his debut on the 12th May 2007 against Fluminense, where he replaced Nene, then went on to record his full debut against Parana on the 27th May 2007, scoring two goals in the process. These came in the 43rd and 73rd minutes. After his excellent performance he picked up an injury and was out until the 24th June 2007, when he returned to action against Atletico Mineiro. He scored in the 76th minute after coming on to replace Charles in the 65th minute. Six days later he scored again after coming off the bench, this time against Vasco Da Gama. He had replaced Leandro Domingues at half time, picked up his first booking in the 56th minute, and then slotted home a goal in the 92nd minute. His next couple of goals didn't come until matchday fifteen where Cruzeiro welcomed Botafogo on the 29th July 2007. He started the match, and scored in the 46th and 80th minutes, from the left wing, an unusual position for Guilherme. There was then an even longer wait for his next goal which came all the way down the road on the 13th September 2007 against Flamengo. Guilherme replaced Luis Alberto in the 78th minute, before scoring just three minutes later. Three days later, Guilherme scored a brace against Atletico Mineiro after replacing Marcelo Moreno in the 60th minute. His goals came in the 61st and 77th minutes. A string of goalless substitute appearances followed before scoring what turned out to be his final goal of the season on matchday thirty four against Botafogo, on the 1st November 2007. He scored the only goal in a poor 4-1 loss, in the 20th minute. His records for the season were: 13 starts, 13 substitute appearances, 12 games where he was unused, 10 goals and 3 yellow cards. When Guilherme started he played as a forward nine times, a left winger three times and a right winger just once. A good season, and more was to come as we will see.

Moving on now to the 2008 Copa Libertadores where Cruzeiro first had to win a two legged qualification match against Cerro Porteno of Paraguay to enter the group stage. Guilherme completed 61 minutes of the 1st leg before being replaced by teenage prodigy Kerlon. "A Raposa" came out on top 3-1, to hold a healthy lead going into the 2nd leg in Paraguay. Guilherme didn't feature in the 2nd leg, but Cruzeiro came away with a 2-3 victory, 6-3 on aggregate. With the victory "A Rapona" were put into the draw for the group stage, where they were pitted against Real Potosi, San Lorenzo and Caracas FC, one of the easier groups in the competition. First up were Real Potosi, and they proved to be nothing more than a bump in the road after Cruzeiro thumped them 3-0, with Guilherme scoring in the 64th minute, seconds after replacing Fernandinho. A bore 0-0 draw followed against San Lorenzo, with Guilherme being replaced by Marcinho in the 61st minute. A match against Venezuelan side FC Caracas came next, and there was a second 3-0 win for Cruzeiro, with Guilherme scoring in the 10th minute, and claiming one assist also. He was replaced by Leandro Domingues in the 71st minute. Guilherme missed the return against FC Caracas, where it finised all square at 1-1. He was back in the starting eleven against San Lorenzo however, and completed 66 minutes before being replaced by Thiago Heleno. The full time score was 3-1 to Cruzeiro. The tides dramatically changed in the final group game against Real Potosi though, with the Bolivian side demolishing "A Rapona" 1-5, Guilherme didn't feature. Cruzeiro still won their group and progressed into the round of 16 where they were given a very tough draw against Boca Juniors. They needed a good first leg result to stay in touch with the Argentinean superpower, but unfortunately lost 1-2. Guilherme completed 61 minutes before Jonathon replaced him. The return leg again turned out to be a 1-2 loss for Cruzeiro, with Guilherme substituted at half time, replaced by Marcinho. A 2-4 loss on aggregate sent "A Rapona" crashing out of the competition.

brand.gif

Boca Proved To Be Cruzeiro's Undoing.

Finally onto the ongoing 2008 season in Brazil where Guilerme is in the form of his life. Altogether this season he has started thirty games, scored seventeen goals, been substituted into a game just once and has picked up five bookings. Here is a quick summary of his goals this season:

13th February 2008 - Real Potosi (Copa) - 1 Goal - 64th Minute

4th March 2008 - Caracas FC (Copa) - 1 Goal - 10th Minute

17th May 2008 - Botafogo - 1 Goal - 11th Minute

25th May 2008 - Santos - 2 Goals - 18th and 63rd Minutes

12th June 2008 - Palmeiras - 1 Goal - 17th Minute

21st June 2008 - Figueirense - 1 Goal - 34th Minute

29th June 2008 - Sao Paulo - 1 Goal - 33rd Minute

26th July 2008 - Fluminense - 1 Goal - 36th Minute

30th July 2008 - Nautico - 2 Goals - 16th and 69th Minutes

3rd August 2008 - Flamengo - 1 Goal - 66th Minute

16th August 2008 - Vitoria - 1 Goal - 56th Minute

4th September 2008 - Vasco Da Gama - 2 Goals - 29th and 76th Minutes

21st September 2008 - Figueirense - 2 Goals - 13th and 78th Minutes

As you can see he is scoring bags of goals but goalscoring isn't his only quality. Guilherme is supurb at finding space, one of the reasons he scores so many goals, he can just get a couple of yards on a defender with ease. Being two footed helps any player, Guilherme possesses this quality and uses it to devastating effect. He also has a wonderful touch like many Brazilian players. Guilherme is a great example of a second striker, he can run at defenders, score goals and most importantly provide assists with inch perfect passes as well, proving why he is considered one of the best playmakers currently in the Campeonato Brasileiro, even though he scores as many goals as an out an out striker. His current contract runs until the 31st January 2012, meaning clubs wishing to get their hands on him would need to pay a hefty sum of cash to aqquire him.

titlephoto_space.jpg

Good At Finding Space - Guilherme.

Personal Viewpoint - Even if Guilherme went off the boil now, he would still have had a sensational season. Surely a move to Europe will arrive in January, he certainly has the quality to succeed

Guilherme's Best Position Is Certainly SS, But Can Play As A CF, RW Or LW.

This Player Is On The DB - Rating 87 - F/AM - Aged 19 - Cruzeiro - Rating Change +1

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £6,326,000

Guest kraven

argentina-smile-flag.gif#3 Emir Faccioliargentina-smile-flag.gif

lanus.jpg

Faccioli Showing His Passion For Lanus.

Now back to Argentina with a bright prospect' date=' who is becoming a regular in his domestic side. His name is Emir Faccioli, and was born on the 5th August 1989 in Margarita Belen, Argentina, making him 19 years of age. He currently stands at a height of 1.80m.[/center']

verimagennota-2.jpg

Margarita Belen, Argentina - Faccioli's Hometown.

As far as I can see Faccioli has no international appearances for Argentina yet, but the young centre back has been close on occasions. So that paves the way for me to move straight into his domestic career for "El Granate", Lanus.

Back on the 23rd September 2007 against Estudiantes in a 2007/2008 Apertura league game, the substitutions board was held up in the 71st minute with Diego Manicero making way, but who would replace him? This is where Emir Faccioli made his first team debut for Lanus. This turned out to be his only appearance for Lanus during the 2007/2008 Apertura. Little did we know that Faccioli would start 10 games out of a possible 19 for Lanus in the Clausura, and play a part in the 2008 Libertadores Cup campaign. His first goal for the club came against San Martin on the 10th May 2008, in the 90th minute, in what was his final appearance of the Clausura. He also gained two bookings, these came on the 23rd April 2008 against Gimnasia Jujuy, in the 45th minute, and on the 10th May 2008 against San Martin, in the 90th minute, for his celebrations after scoring the goal mentioned above.

1818.jpg

One Man, One Club - Lanus.

Faccioli also played numerous times in the South American version of the Champions League, the Copa Libertadores 2008. Lanus had to play Olmedo of Ecuador in the preliminery round to qualify for the group stages of the competition, Faccioli played a full 90 minutes in the 1st leg, a 1-0 loss away from home played on the 31st January 2008. Then on the 5th February 2008, he played a full 90 minutes in the 2nd leg, a 3-0 win at home, putting Lanus through 3-1 on aggregate. Thanks to the victory, Lanus were pitted against Danubio of Uruguay, Estudiantes of Argentina and Deportivo Cuenca of Ecuador in Group 2. The first match came on the 14th February 2008 against Danubio at home. Faccioli played a full 90 minutes, helping "El Granate" to a 3-1 victory. 12 days later, on the 26th February 2008 Estudiantes entertained Lanus, with Faccioli completing a full match. However the final score was a 0-0 draw. Faccioli was booked in the 86th minute. Lanus' first Libertadores game of March came at home to Ecuador's Deportivo Cuenca, 0-0 was once again the result with Faccioli completing a third successive match. Faccioli did not appear for Lanus in the return fixture against Deportivo Cuenca, a 1-1 draw. Lanus' 5th group game came against Argentinean rivals Estudiantes on the 2nd April 2008, Faccioli did not start, but replaced Sebastian Blanco in the 87th minute, in a thrilling match that ended 3-3. Last up were Danubio this time away from home. Faccioli played the whole match, with Lanus winning 1-2, on the 15th April 2008. Lanus progressed with 10 points from a possible 18, and an unbeaten run to keep. "El Granate" were drawn against Group 3 winners Atlas of Mexico, who were known to be very strong at home, having won 3 out of 3 on their own turf. The 29th April 2008 saw the 1st leg played at the Estadio Lanus. Faccioli played the full 90 minutes but Atlas ran out 0-1 winners, not the result Lanus wanted. The 2nd leg was played on the 6th May 2008, this time at the Jalisco, Atlas' ground. Unfortunately Faccioli was no-where to be seen and Lanus could only manage a 2-2 draw, although this was a good result against a team who were notoriously strong at home. "El Granate" went out 3-2 on aggregate. Precious intercontinental experience cannot be bought, and Faccioli has already bagged a handful at just 19 years of age. He helped Lanus to two clean sheets throughout the tournament.

26471_news.jpg

You Can't Buy Intercontinental Experience.

The 2008/2009 Apertura has just kicked off in Argentina, and Faccioli started Lanus' opening game away to Racing Club. As well as playing the full match, he helped his team to a clean sheet, in a 0-2 win.

Personal Viewpoint - He has been so close to playing for the Argentinean U20 team in the past, so he must have something. In a team a centre back needs to have good aerial ability, strength, organisational skills, good communication and a cool head. At just 19 years of age Faccioli looks to be a regular for Lanus meaning they trust him to have these capabilities.

CB Is Faccioli's Primary Position.

This Player Is Valued By SM At - £3,745,000

He played only 11 times last season, so far 6 out of 9 this season. Great spot BUT how can you predict a rise of +8, that'll take him to 91:eek:

He played only 11 times last season' date=' so far 6 out of 9 this season. Great spot [b']BUT[/b] how can you predict a rise of +8, that'll take him to 91:eek:

LAST rating change mate , lol

Guest kraven

LAST rating change mate ' date=' lol[/quote']

. lol

Excellent work Carbon but thought the bit at the end was a future prediction? what the point of the last one?:confused:

I'd like to see what you think they'll go to.

Just an update to a few players...

Carmona has been appearing for Chile frequently of late and impressing in a few matches as a holding midfielder. Domestically he was a regular for relegated Reggina all last season, and he has remained with them for the time being making 2 starts in 2 in Serie B. Good player, I would recommend buying him when he leaves Reggina or if they get promoted, because Serie B should affect his rating by -1 possibly, depending how the international apps influence SM's decision.

Ricardo Verduguez has been attracting European scouts of late with his surging forward runs combined with pace. I would also recommend buying him when a deal away from Blooming - His domestic club in Bolivia, is ready to be done.

Ronald Vargas was excellent during his first season in Belgium gaining 3 goals and 6 assists in 22 games. This season he has already got 3 assists in 3 games. He has played in patches for Venezuela also. Price tag is high but if your looking for a young 85+ winger, he is a good option. Also look out for his club teammate Daniel Chavez who is breaking through into the first team, and has a goal this season. He is a young Peruvian who has blistering pace and is used on the wing. He has been playing for Peru on and off in their World Cup Qualifying campaign also, gaining 1 assist.