The Official WWE Thread

Guest Football8

• 1 month later...

Re: The Official WWE Thread

Oh what a shame, the Rumble used to be ahead of Summerslam and virtually on par with Wrestlemania as one of the most eagerly anticipated PPVs.

The WWE started ruining it last year & completed that job this year.

I'm not going to post any more detailed views for a couple of days as I hate spoilers.

Oh what a shame' date=' the Rumble used to be ahead of Summerslam and virtually on par with Wrestlemania as one of the most eagerly anticipated PPVs.

The WWE started ruining it last year & completed that job this year.

I'm not going to post any more detailed views for a couple of days as I hate spoilers.[/quote']

The rumble itself was poor but won't say to much on that as of now because I don't want to give anything away.

However the triple threat championship match between Cena-Lesnar-Rollings was excellent you usually see triple threat matches follow the same pattern one bloke gets knocked out at a time leaving them to have a breather etc but this one was pretty much full on action all the way through.

I don't really like Cena or Lesnar but fair do's this was a top match up and Seth Rollings for me is better than both of them, he made that match what it was in my view.

The crowd was full of arse holes last night anyway. They'd have booed anything but a Daniel Bryan win.

Reigns is easily one of the best up and coming superstars in the business, although I haven't even watched WWE prior to the breakup of The Shield, so I can't personally comment on how Reigns has performed as a singles competitor. I know Ambrose is the most over out of the three, with a lot of fans on the internet wishing he'd won.

It's a shame really. I really hope Vince's decision doesn't hurt the relationship between Reigns and the fans.

Philly crowd getting some heat on these boards but I disagree. They are a passionate crowd! They've been raised on ECW and are whats known in the industry as 'smart marks', it's pretty much exactly the same in Chicago but Chicago seem more tongue in cheek.

It's not just the philly crowd either, after Bryan got eliminated the whole match just collapsed IMO. The crowd however, would have gotten behind an underdog winning such as Bray, Dolph, Ambrose, Rusev so I don't it was Bryan or bust in the end.

The crowd, and the older generation of WWE fans are just not taking to Reigns mainly because he hasn't had to work for what he is being handed.

The fact he is in the main event of wrestlemania is disgraceful. Why? He cant wrestle...and he can't talk on the mic. So there is your buildup and actual match ******...

When will the WWE realise that we are different fans today than we were years ago? We won't have a star pushed on us that isn't ready.

Currently the crowd want Daniel Bryan, so why try so hard to prevent it from happening?

Absolutely retarded booking from a company which insists on shooting itself in the foot. Hope they got the message with how much money the cancelled subscriptions has cost them :D

The crowd was full of arse holes last night anyway. They'd have booed anything but a Daniel Bryan win.

Reigns is easily one of the best up and coming superstars in the business' date=' although I haven't even watched WWE prior to the breakup of The Shield, so I can't personally comment on how Reigns has performed as a singles competitor. I know Ambrose is the most over out of the three, with a lot of fans on the internet wishing he'd won.

It's a shame really. I really hope Vince's decision doesn't hurt the relationship between Reigns and the fans.[/quote']

Reigns has no relationship with the fans, he's had next to no real build up and just come back from an injury lay off and is in a Wrestlemania main event, his wrestling work is so raw and if it is Lesnar he faces he'll undoubtedly have to carry him which is a tough ask when your own technique is limited.

Wrestlemania is a major problem WWE has to build up a main event nobody wants with two wrestlers who are absolutely dire in promos. I mean when The Rock can't get you over then you have problems can only imagine that he'll be involved in building this up.

3 wrestlers who should have won the rumble, Ambrose, he's incredibly over with the fans, is a great wrestler and I could realistically see him beating Lesnar, end of the day it's face vs heel and Ambrose would actually be backed by the fans. Dolph, always been a fan of his and if anybody could make Lesnar look good it's him he doesn't put on bad matches which in the end is important, he's been deserving of a big break for a long time. Bryan, can't really go wrong with him he's still white hot with the fans.

Reigns is basically a heel at this point may as well just turn him and make Lesnar face because the fans will be behind Lesnar. Can only hope Rollins cashes in again he's white hot and incredibly over. Personally I'm a fan of Reigns reminds me a lot like The Rock when he first broke on the scene as Maivia (it's basically de ja vu) but he doesn't deserve to be main eventing Wrestlemania and he's undoubtedly been the one to come off worse since The Shields split, move set is limited and unfortunatly Vince insists on his promos being wrote for him and it's not working.

Vince is the main problem, starting to see what Punk talked about in his podcasts that he just involves himself far too much, changing scripts, pushing his favourites and being massively out of touch with the fans and the sooner Hunter takes full control the better for the company his NXT work has been sublime.

As for changing anytime soon as mentioned above, they just hit 1 million Network subscribers and their stock has soared so more of the same for now.

Reigns has no relationship with the fans' date=' he's had next to no real build up and just come back from an injury lay off and is in a Wrestlemania main event, his wrestling work is so raw and if it is Lesnar he faces he'll undoubtedly have to carry him which is a tough ask when your own technique is limited.

Wrestlemania is a major problem WWE has to build up a main event nobody wants with two wrestlers who are absolutely dire in promos. I mean when The Rock can't get you over then you have problems can only imagine that he'll be involved in building this up.[/quote']

That's not really true. In all the Raw's prior to the Rumble he was over with the crowd and apparently he's second only to Cena as far as crowd merchandising is concerned. Obviously, he's not as over with the fans as someone like Bryan but "No Relationship with the fans" is absolutely not true. This was just the crowd being utterly moronic (as is apparently the norm for Phillly) and trowing their toys out. When the crowd is chanting for Rusev instead of Reigns (who had Rock in his corner) then you just know it's the crowd that is the problem.

3 wrestlers who should have won the rumble, Ambrose, he's incredibly over with the fans, is a great wrestler and I could realistically see him beating Lesnar, end of the day it's face vs heel and Ambrose would actually be backed by the fans. Dolph, always been a fan of his and if anybody could make Lesnar look good it's him he doesn't put on bad matches which in the end is important, he's been deserving of a big break for a long time. Bryan, can't really go wrong with him he's still white hot with the fans.

None of those 3 make any sense or even believable at this point. Dolph is clown and by all accounts has a big attitude problem. Until he resolves that he's going nowhere in a hurry. Second, Brock does not need anyone to make him look good right now. He's red hot right now, best I've ever seen him. Ambrose is over with the fans but he's spent the best part of the last few months losing matches to Wyatt. He would have needed far more work than Reigns to make anyone take him seriously. And Bryan had his moment last year. Not sure why they'd do the whole thing again even counting for his popularity. I know WWE is fake and all that (and they've come up with the some insane nonsense in the past) but Brock has been booked superbly in the last few months. It's going to take some convincing on WWE's part to have the fans reasonably convinced that he can be beaten. Reigns fits the bill. Question is, can they build him up over the next 2 months and will he crowd give Reigns a chance?

I think WWE went about it the wrong way. They would have been much better served if they'd let the last 4 be Reigns, Ambrose, Bryan and someone else and then let Reigns win it from there. That said, the crowd was so crap, it might not have made much of difference. Not sure why they were chanting for Punk either. The man was a prick who threw his toys out and then left.

Reigns is basically a heel at this point may as well just turn him and make Lesnar face because the fans will be behind Lesnar. Can only hope Rollins cashes in again he's white hot and incredibly over. Personally I'm a fan of Reigns reminds me a lot like The Rock when he first broke on the scene as Maivia (it's basically de ja vu) but he doesn't deserve to be main eventing Wrestlemania and he's undoubtedly been the one to come off worse since The Shields split, move set is limited and unfortunatly Vince insists on his promos being wrote for him and it's not working.

Be interesting to see what they do now. Brock was looking like turning face even before the Rumble. It's too much to ask for the WWE to rewrite their scripts during the course of a PPV but Reigns spearing the Rock after the win would have set up the turn nicely.

Eventually, I think they'll take the logical way out. They will just add another crowd favourite to the match and make it a Triple threat which solves plenty of problems.

Rollins is excellent but I don't see him cashing it any time soon. Maybe if things are still bad for Reigns come Mania, he might cash it in there after Reigns wins the title but I doubt it.

Some interesting notes I have read:

*The reaction went against WWE’s grain, but take that with a pinch of salt. PPV crowds are tough. Philadelphia is tougher still. But not even a Rock run-in could get Roman Reigns over. Boy, did Reigns get the boo-boo face. Batista, part deux.

*When The Rock – THE ROCK! – gets a reception that’s borderline hostile, perhaps it’s time to finally put an end to WWE’s era of the part-timer.

*Fake wrestling used to be about giving people what they want. Now it’s about shoving what people don’t want down their throats. The fans want Daniel Bryan. WWE wants Reigns. WWE wants size and look. The fans want charisma. WWE vs. the WWE Universe: That’s wrestling’s No. 1 rivalry.

*The dynamic of the marks wanting Bryan to be the top guy is impacted by him not being much for backstage politics. Bryan is happy to be wrestling full-time, has a beautiful wife, and can’t otherwise be bothered. I wonder whether WWE appreciates that, or whether it frustrates management all the more.

*WWE needs to pay Brock Lesnar what he wants and hope he’d rather work for more, not shoot for less. He and Bryan are WWE’s most over performers. Lesnar hasn’t yet been christened a babyface. But, to a lot of fans, he already is.

*Lesnar vs. Bryan – at ‘Mania, or any time – would be totally unbelievable under any circumstances. It would look absurd. But it’s what the people want.

*The WWE title match was a defining moment for Seth Rollins. Despite my earlier criticism, he really proved he belongs at that level.

*C.M. Punk is gone a year, and fans still chant his name. If I’m WWE, I’m worried that none of my “new stars” has stepped forward to erase that. Then again, if I’m WWE, I’m embarrassed that I retarded the progress of anyone who had a shot.

*Bully Ray was a top-level heel in TNA. In WWE, Bubba Ray Dudley is a mid-card novelty clad in camo. Which promotion is right? Both are.

*The Rumble’s final four was Reigns, Rusev, Big Show and Kane. For Vince McMahon, size matters most. That will never change. Big Show and Kane eliminated Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler. McMahon should have just come out onto the ramp and flipped off the crowd.

*Boy, do the Ascension stink. Garbage look. Pale imitators.

*When #CancelWWENetwork is trending on Twitter, WWE has a serious, serious problem.

& an interesting article:

The Royal Rumble is used to shape WrestleMania. So, let’s look at WWE’s options as they consider the possibilities for their showcase event’s top match.

Uh, they don’t have any. Not really.

They don’t have stars, and they don’t have heels. The Authority has sucked all the heel heat out of the rest of the roster courtesy of Triple H and Chyna Jr., and The Authority’s main wrestler, Seth Rollins, is pretty good…but not a main-event guy.

WWE’s has been building Roman Reigns, but he’s not a main-event guy. Decent look, and I like the Superman punch. But he can’t talk. Every Raw opens up with a 20-minute talk segment. Reigns can’t carry that. If he tries, he’ll be exposed.

Reigns isn’t ready. But, ready or not…

BELIEVE IN THE BILLBOARD.

The most logical main event for WrestleMania is John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar with the WWE title on the line. Those two are main-eventers.

But ‘Mania’s taster’s choice crowd of smart marks would defecate all over that, because they know Lesnar is leaving. Lesnar-Bill Goldberg at WrestleMania XX was an absolute disaster despite the presence of Steve Austin as ref.

That wasn’t the main event at ‘Mania XX, don’t forget. WWE doesn’t want that to happen again, let alone in the main event. Lesnar has to be phased down before ‘Mania.

So, WWE is screwed. There really isn’t a good, obvious choice.

The lack of quality heels is astounding. It’s an easier role to play, and the one most wrestlers prefer. The Rusev-Lana act is solid. But maneuvering them into a meaningful ‘Mania spot would take a real rush job.

Bully Ray is at loose ends, and he’s an excellent heel. But in WWE, without time to legit re-build his character, he’s mid-card material. Anyway, WWE doesn’t want Bully beyond, perhaps, a novelty appearance, maybe even in the Rumble.

wwe live event resultsThe idea of the Royal Rumble winner getting the title shot at ‘Mania is lazy booking, BTW. Done by rote. Rote is replacing good angles and storylines, and that’s not a change for the better. Yeah, OK. Gaze at the ‘Mania sign. Yawn.

One match at ‘Mania is building some gravitas, and that’s Sting vs. Triple H. The go-home segment of this past Monday’s Raw was excellent. I just hope Sting can deliver. He’s 55, and hasn’t wrestled for over a year.

But Sting really knows what to do, as does Triple H. But even if the match is great, it’s two part-timers. How do you move forward?

Sting vs. Triple H should be loser leaves town. Sting gets his chance to eliminate The Authority. But WWE already did that, and screwed the stipulation to boot.

‘Mania has two wild-cards: Undertaker and Daniel Bryan. Bryan’s absence made him fresh. He’s WWE’s most over act. I bet management disagrees.

I’m preaching to the IWC choir, but it really is time to turn Cena heel. Merchandise sales are among the concerns, but Cena would still sell merch as a heel. When Hulk Hogan turned heel in 1996, he actually sold MORE merch.

Wrestling is supposed to be about the product. Turning Cena would be best for the product. But WWE stopped being about the product a long time ago.

Assuming Cena is out of the title picture for ‘Mania, matching him against Rusev and letting Cena wave the American flag might work. Bradley Cooper could manage him.

That's not really true. In all the Raw's prior to the Rumble he was over with the crowd and apparently he's second only to Cena as far as crowd merchandising is concerned. Obviously' date=' he's not as over with the fans as someone like Bryan but "No Relationship with the fans" is absolutely not true. This was just the crowd being utterly moronic (as is apparently the norm for Phillly) and trowing their toys out. When the crowd is chanting for Rusev instead of Reigns (who had Rock in his corner) then you just know it's the crowd that is the problem.

None of those 3 make any sense or even believable at this point. Dolph is clown and by all accounts has a big attitude problem. Until he resolves that he's going nowhere in a hurry. Second, Brock does not need anyone to make him look good right now. He's red hot right now, best I've ever seen him. Ambrose is over with the fans but he's spent the best part of the last few months losing matches to Wyatt. He would have needed far more work than Reigns to make anyone take him seriously. And Bryan had his moment last year. Not sure why they'd do the whole thing again even counting for his popularity. I know WWE is fake and all that (and they've come up with the some insane nonsense in the past) but Brock has been booked superbly in the last few months. It's going to take some convincing on WWE's part to have the fans reasonably convinced that he can be beaten. Reigns fits the bill. Question is, can they build him up over the next 2 months and will he crowd give Reigns a chance?

I think WWE went about it the wrong way. They would have been much better served if they'd let the last 4 be Reigns, Ambrose, Bryan and someone else and then let Reigns win it from there. That said, the crowd was so crap, it might not have made much of difference. Not sure why they were chanting for Punk either. The man was a prick who threw his toys out and then left.

Be interesting to see what they do now. Brock was looking like turning face even before the Rumble. It's too much to ask for the WWE to rewrite their scripts during the course of a PPV but Reigns spearing the Rock after the win would have set up the turn nicely.

Eventually, I think they'll take the logical way out. They will just add another crowd favourite to the match and make it a Triple threat which solves plenty of problems.

Rollins is excellent but I don't see him cashing it any time soon. Maybe if things are still bad for Reigns come Mania, he might cash it in there after Reigns wins the title but I doubt it.[/quote']

I didn't really see much in the way of a positive reaction for Reigns in the raws leading up because I think the fans knew what was going to happen (though I only caught 2 or 3). I mean I honestly have no problems with Reign he's got the superstar look and promo skills come with time is it too early for him? Yes more than likely his move set is still so limited.

The reason Lesnar looks good is he's been booked against people who can wrestle, when he's against someone who can't wrestle that well then it's going to be interesting to see, no doubt his bookings been great recently. I've heard Dolphs attitude problem has gone since he was buried, probably couldn't realistically beat Lesnar but there's no doubt he's one of the most over wrestlers on the rosters (his cash in on Del Rio is still one of the best reactions I've ever heard). Ambrose should be booked better the guy is the most over face on the roster reminds me of Austin especially that whole rivalry with Rollins that was Austin/Booker T esque. The fans can't get enough of Bryan I personally don't see the big deal fantastic wrestler yes but he's awful on the mic, saved by a catchphrase.

More than likely there will be a third but who? I could only see Rollins being added, it'll be interesting to see what they do with Sting.

I don't know if there will be a third person added to the match.

If they do surely it has to be Cena? (EDIT**, Or Orton?)

But someone would need to turn heel.

Cena is the WWE face, Reigns is the future WWE face and Lesnar is the fans face.

Legitimate cases can be made for a Reigns and Cena heel turn.

Its about time Cena had a heel run, it would be an interesting twist to the character. And the WWE and Reigns could use the Rumble reaction to their advantage and turn him heel which could generate some real interest, I doubt they are brave enough to do that though.

Although it would take Cena away from another match at Mania there are still plenty of other big names around.

Seth Rollins

Randy Orton

Bray Wyatt

Daniel Bryan

Dean Ambrose

Bad News Barrett

Rusev

Undertaker (would not be overly keen on this)

Dolph Ziggler

Ryback

Seamus

Cesaro

Big Show

Miz vs Mizdow

TNA heel Bubba

WWE could pull out some corkers there if they worked hard enough on it.

Looks like Triple H vs Sting is a go too.

I'm not really a fan of Lesnar, in all honesty. Great wrestler, and certainly one of the best in the business, but I'm just not a fan for some reason. Nothing against him or anyone who does like him, it's just my preference.

I'd much prefer to see Ambrose, Rollins or Ziggler with the world title. There are others too (two I know I'd be criticised for :D), but like I said the other day I haven't watched WWE in nine months or so, and even then it was brief. Not for any particular reason, we just grew apart :P

I've been getting back into it through playing WWE 2k15.

I'm not really a fan of Lesnar' date=' in all honesty. Great wrestler, and certainly one of the best in the business, but I'm just not a fan for some reason. Nothing against him or anyone who does like him, it's just my preference.[/quote']

It's fair enough and the likely chances are Mania will be his last match, full time at least.

I am trying to think of matches they could put on the card but I haven't followed WWE enough to name matches between wrestlers who have had feuds in the last year.

It's fair enough and the likely chances are Mania will be his last match' date=' full time at least.

I am trying to think of matches they could put on the card but I haven't followed WWE enough to name matches between wrestlers who have had feuds in the last year.[/quote']

I've heard that. It'll be a shame to see another future hall of fame superstar leave, but hopefully it will pave the way for the next generation to take over (don't get me started on Ziggler being wasted).

I don't know if there will be a third person added to the match.

If they do surely it has to be Cena? (EDIT**' date=' Or Orton?)

But someone would need to turn heel.

Cena is the WWE face, Reigns is the future WWE face and Lesnar is the fans face.

Legitimate cases can be made for a Reigns and Cena heel turn.

Its about time Cena had a heel run, it would be an interesting twist to the character. And the WWE and Reigns could use the Rumble reaction to their advantage and turn him heel which could generate some real interest, I doubt they are brave enough to do that though.

Although it would take Cena away from another match at Mania there are still plenty of other big names around.

Seth Rollins

Randy Orton

Bray Wyatt

Daniel Bryan

Dean Ambrose

Bad News Barrett

Rusev

Undertaker (would not be overly keen on this)

Dolph Ziggler

Ryback

Seamus

Cesaro

Big Show

Miz vs Mizdow

WWE could pull out some corkers there if they worked hard enough on it.

Looks like Triple H vs Sting is a go too.[/quote']

There will be no heel turn for Cena. I don't get why, I can't understand why but that's apparently the way it is. The heat he would draw as a heel would be incredible really and he's very good on the mic, so he could milk it all the more.

Cena can be safely ruled out of the title match. Cena and Brock have faced each other too often for them to do it again. Bryan, Orton, Ambrose are all possible I guess. There's also a possibility that Rollins cashes it in before Mania and Brock is no longer champion heading into it.

Sting hasn't wrestled for quite a while now so I suspect Triple H will have to carry him through most of it. Should be a good match in itself but I'm not sure what angle they're going run with it. We've already had the Authority out storyine done with.

I also suspect we might get Wade Wyatt vs Undertaker if Taker wrestles again. No better way to push Wyatt to the very top (which he completely deserves) even with the streak gone.

• 2 months later...

My quick review of the best parts of Wrestlemania 31:

Firstly, my girl Ronda Rousey should of locked Steph in a proper armbar. :D In all seriousness, Steph is a wonderful person, she plays one of the best heels in the business.

Taker looked good, I reckon he could easily squeeze in a few more Mania's if he's just gonna appear once a year like this...

Sting (& the nWo) v HHH (& DX) was good fun, even if it was like 17 years too late. ;)

Randy's RKO on Seth was a thing of beauty.

Brock looked awesome, as usual. Suplex city B!@&h!! Seth cashing in was a predictable finish to the match, however it was a welcome finish.

Roman is a great guy, baffles me how an Anoaʻi can get such a bad reaction whenever he performs. Not giving the title to Roman was the right decision for the moment. He deserves to hold it at some point, though.

'Mania was superb! A welcome surprise given I had zero expectations from it following the shoddy build up for some of the matches.

The only two things I didn't like were:

1. Undertaker winning. Pointless imo. A win for Wyatt would have made more sense and frankly he deserved it. Did a great job of selling the match considering he was the only one doing it.

2. The cringeworthy Rock segment which made for uncomfortable watching at best. Went on for far too long.

The RKO 'outta nowhere was the best one yet. A genuine wow moment in the show and a great finish to an excellent match.

I thought Sting v Triple H match would be crap but all those interruptions made up for Sting being utterly useless. The hand shake at the end made no sense whatsoever though!

And Rusev's entrance! My god, a bloody tank! Christ, that was amazing!

The main even had the best conclusion possible. Everyone came out of it looking very good. Brock Lesnar is seriously the best thing in WWE right now. He was nowhere near this good in his first run.

The raw was very good as well. The cheers when Lesnar F5'd Cole:D

As for Reigns, a heel turn would be best for him at this point. I have no idea why he gets boos, even more so when he's fighting someone as pointless as the bigshow. Might as well make use of the boos and play on that.

My thoughts on 'Mania -

- Cesaro & Kidd are perfect for the tag titles - a heel tag team championship run is just what the division needs.

- I didn't mind Big Show winning the battle royale but would have preferred a someone due a push given the match. A few wrestlers came out of it looking good, Ryback for one but I think the standouts were Miz and Mizdow and think Mizdow would have been a great winner.

- Bryan winning the Intercontinental title was IMO a nailed on result due to my other predictions on the card. All the wrestlers in this match are currently going pretty well, with Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan the obvious red hot ones. I think Ziggler and Bryan will feud for a good while this summer, if they do I'm looking forward to seeing Ziggler go heel!

- Orton over Rollins initially surprised me I won't lie - but it was a really enjoyable match and who doesn't love an RKO OUTTA KNOWHERE! I think the way the night went on Orton will come into the Championship picture pretty soon.

- Sting vs Triple H was 10 (or more) years too late, the attitude era wrestling fan's wet dream has always been NWO vs D-Generation X. The cameo's were pure entertainment to distract from an ageing match. I was very surprised to see Triple H go over Sting, and the handshake was a load of balls, ruining the aura of Sting for me, but hey, its Triple H at Mania, why expect anything else.

- Paige & AJ Lee was the result most wanted to see, and they got it.

- Cena over Rusev was another one I predicted, Rusev coming in on a tank was pure genius - the undefeated streak is gone but how it played out meant he still keeps his coolness in tact.

- I predicted Taker over Wyatt too, and every time I mentioned it to someone it was with a :( face - Taker at Mania is legendary, it makes the show - but after his defeat to Lesnar it to me seems right he starts pushing other stars while he can still get in the ring, Wyatt being the perfect start. He has virtually single handedly sold the match for months and is up there with Rollins, Lesnar and Rusev as the best characters the company has. He still comes out of it looking good and I guess they couldn't make Taker lose two Mania's in a row.

- I thought the WWE title match was epic being belief. Reins put in some hard graft in the match, showing his toughness but also his willingness to take a beating, he came out looking tough and that is what the bosses wanted. Lesnar proved he is worth his new contract and it was pure dominance from him, a pretty scary performance and his image was in no way tarnished due to what happened at the end.

I have to admit I wasn't sure if Rollins was going to cash in, but I was so happy when he did, he was never going to pin Lesnar so WWE got everything they wanted from the match - Lesnar looking immense, Reins looking good, and a shocking end with Rollins getting what I think he deserves and I am really looking forward to seeing him getting a good run, white hot!

I'll throw in my views on the matches.

Tag team title match: Spot fest. Really difficult match to sit and watch because there was too much going on. They threw everything they had at the wall to see what would stick.

Battle Royal: Are we in 2003? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE retire Big show. It pains me to have to see and listen to you.

IC Title match: 4/5 star match. Really enjoyed it. That strap looks great on Bryan

Orton vs Rollins: Would have preferred Orton putting Rollins over but obviously in hindsight it was done so Orton could be the first defense. Enjoyable match. Great finish.

HHH vs Sting: I enjoyed it tbh. Yes it was full of old timers but if theres one 'sport' that really revels in nostalgia its wrestling. Good story telling and huge to see the icon at wrestlemania.

Divas match: Paige is incredible.

Undertaker vs Wyatt: The match was good. Bray ran the match, and took care of Undertaker unlike Brock last year. I see it as a joke that Undertaker won though. Bray is your future WWE, time to build for that.

Rusev vs Cena: Decent. great entrance from Rusev. The problem is I really couldn't care less about the match. It was meh in comparison with Cenas build for Wyatt the year before.

Brock vs Reigns: This is the biggest match, of the biggest event of the year. and we are given a 16 minute squash match because one wrestler doesn't have the ability to do anything but 5 moves. Had this been Bryan vs Brock, an incredible 35 minute main event could have been booked, in a mamoth david vs goliath battle with Bryan finally getting over before the Rollins cash in. WWE placed themselves in a corner with reigns and I believe the cash in to be a late decision based on the fact nobody wants Reigns.

Glad the cash in happened. Rollins is ready for the belt. Its great to see someone get the strap who really does deserve it.

I think the main issue with Reigns is the fans want to hand pick their top guy. This is something the WWE itself created due to shoving John Cena down our throats for ten years. The fans do not want another era of a superhero that nobody other than children like, therefore Reigns is getting that heat.

Hopefully, he goes out of the main event picture and has a good year of working with capable wrestlers. He needs to work on everything because otherwise he'll never be accepted. I have full confidence in Reigns, but give him time.

Special mention: Sheamus looks like an idiot.

I think the main issue with Reigns is the fans want to hand pick their top guy. This is something the WWE itself created due to shoving John Cena down our throats for ten years. The fans do not want another era of a superhero that nobody other than children like' date=' therefore Reigns is getting that heat.

Hopefully, he goes out of the main event picture and has a good year of working with capable wrestlers. He needs to work on everything because otherwise he'll never be accepted. I have full confidence in Reigns, but give him time.

Special mention: Sheamus looks like an idiot.[/quote']

Amen

personally I thought Mania was Dissapointing the only decent parts being the IC title match and Rollins cashing in even if the match itself was a borefest for the majority. I thought most of the matches were boring

Taker is a legend but he shouldn't be wrestling anymore, Sting V Triple HHH was just plain dull and the handshake made absolutely no sense whatsoever.