Alan DZAGOEV

BenReado

Re: Alan DZAGOEV

He was number 46.

I'm only taking information from the CSKA site. I think his number 10 is starting at the start of the league season.

you cant change squad no's in european competition midseason even if that happens in domestic competition - messi started the 05/06 season with the #30 but changed it to #19 in september, but he was originally registered with uefa as the #30 and wasnt allowed to change the number for the CL so he wore the #30 in europe and #19 in la liga

• 4 weeks later...

More importantly he played the full 90 minutes :D. Which is something he's really struggled to do of late. His game today was average (not brilliant by any means), but his strike scoring the goal was a beauty. That goal made up for the mistakes he had made.

I still don't think he's regained his form of last season yet though. In Europe especially I think he's been week and pushed out of the way easily. He needs to improve his strength and fitness and then he will be a much more improtant player than he already is. But I'm happy with how he's developing, and Russia is the right league for a player of his build and abilty to devlop :).

• 4 weeks later...

Dzagoev just scored a nice freekick against rivals Loko. That's 2 goals in 2 and a half games now this season. He still hasn't reached the form he was showing last season though yet (performence wise).

He also got a game for Russia which I forgot to update on this thread. He had a good chance in that game but couldn't release his shot.

Dzagoev just scored a nice freekick against rivals Loko. That's 2 goals in 2 and a half games now this season. He still hasn't reached the form he was showing last season though yet (performence wise).

He also got a game for Russia which I forgot to update on this thread. He had a good chance in that game but couldn't release his shot.

And another start for Schennikov. He will be the big riser in Russia when the ratings come around again. How long is it till then? Is it directly after Spain, Italy and Portugal? Or does it start up with Brazil.

Anyway, I was able to get him without any competition. Unlike those more trumped up Brazilian youngsters. Sorry for going off topic.

And another start for Schennikov. He will be the big riser in Russia when the ratings come around again. How long is it till then? Is it directly after Spain' date=' Italy and Portugal? Or does it start up with Brazil.

Anyway, I was able to get him without any competition. Unlike those more trumped up Brazilian youngsters. Sorry for going off topic.[/quote']

Summer changes will start in June. So I'm guessing SM will complete Section 6, 7, 8 & 1 and then it'll be time to go onto Russia.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I am quite confused on DZAGOEV at the moment. For CSKA Moscow, he has only recieved a full 90 minutes once this season, and in the others he has been an unused substitute once and more frequently taken off before the match has finished. Last game he even came on from the bench around the 60 minute mark.

Despite this, he has capped three times for the Russia National Team which must mean he is on form, depsite being taken off regularly.

Ben, what have DZAGOEV's performances been like because my understanding is based purely on stats????

From my statistics' date=' he has started 7 games and subbed once totalling 626 minutes. He has also scored 3 goals being equal top scorer with another young player Ouwo Moussa Maazou[/quote']

Yeah, I didnt say he didnt start each game, I said he seems to be subbed off every game late in the second half and has only completed 90 minutes once this season.

You'd have to check with BenReado, as he's the Russian League expert, but I think Dzagoev tends to get taken off quite a bit as he's still young. He's only 18 remember, so maybe the manager is a bit cautious about burning him out too much. That's how I'd view the situation anyway.

You'd have to check with BenReado' date=' as he's the Russian League expert, but I think Dzagoev tends to get taken off quite a bit as he's still young. He's only 18 remember, so maybe the manager is a bit cautious about burning him out too much. That's how I'd view the situation anyway.[/quote']

He's right. Apparently Dzagoev has very poor stamina

I would say thats it Andy. He is still only a youngster and is still developing so he is probably just being nurtured through which is wise IMO as you wouldn't want such a great talent being burned out. I'm sure as he develops more physically and increases his stamina he will get more full games but in the mean time this is the best policy.

Okay' date=' I am quite confused on DZAGOEV at the moment. For CSKA Moscow, he has only recieved a full 90 minutes once this season, and in the others he has been an unused substitute once and more frequently taken off before the match has finished. Last game he even came on from the bench around the 60 minute mark.

Despite this, he has capped three times for the Russia National Team which must mean he is on form, depsite being taken off regularly.

Ben, what have DZAGOEV's performances been like because my understanding is based purely on stats????[/quote']

Hi POMPY1,

There are three reasons for this. Like other forumers have already mentioned here, and I have mentioned in the past Dzagoev's stamina is not good. He is a quality player who has some quality moments but he struggles to keep up the standard over the full 90 minutes. When he does play that long he often drifts out of the game for long periods. Because of this he rarely plays more than 70 minutes. If you look at his stats from last season you will see he only played 90 minutes in the league twice throughout that campaign.

The second reason his game time has been limited this season is due to injury. He's had patches of injuries this season, which has meant he's been in and out of the team a lot.

The final reason is due to the fantastic form of Dani Carvaliho. The Brazilian AM has found some great form and is one of the first names to be put on the team sheet. This has meant Dzagoev has played slightly less games due to this.

Hi POMPY1' date='

There are three reasons for this. Like other forumers have already mentioned here, and I have mentioned in the past Dzagoev's stamina is not good. He is a quality player who has some quality moments but he struggles to keep up the standard over the full 90 minutes. When he does play that long he often drifts out of the game for long periods. Because of this he rarely plays more than 70 minutes. If you look at his stats from last season you will see he only played 90 minutes in the league twice throughout that campaign.

The second reason his game time has been limited this season is due to injury. He's had patches of injuries this season, which has meant he's been in and out of the team a lot.

The final reason is due to the fantastic form of Dani Carvaliho. The Brazilian AM has found some great form and is one of the first names to be put on the team sheet. This has meant Dzagoev has played slightly less games due to this.[/quote']

Thanx Ben. I understand now, so is he in for an 88/89 in the Russian rating changes? I have him in 1 of my many 2 teams :P and would like what he will rise to, if he is due to?

Thanx Ben. I understand now' date=' so is he in for an 88/89 in the Russian rating changes? I have him in 1 of my many 2 teams :P and would like what he will rise to, if he is due to?[/quote']

I think 88 is most likely. He may even stay 87 due to injuries, but he should get a small rise.

you said that Dani Carvalho is in a great form and I can't disagree because I only saw one match of TSKA this season..

Do you think that Dani is going to rise ? because I'd like to know what to do with him (sell' date='keep , buy?)[/quote']

I think Dani will most likely stay a 88 for now, with a slight chance of 89. If he can keep up the form until the end of the season a rise to 89 or even 90 is very likely.

• 3 months later...