Apologies to Setup Owners but I Quit

Widdy1961

Must apologise to all owners of the setups I was in............I have quit all my teams and will no longer be taking part in SM Games or posting on the forum, although I may pop back now and then to see how the friends I made here are doing.

To the GFX Cup competitors, I shall keep in touch with Ben, so the prize will still be available for the comp.

Cheers and Bye

Widdy

Re: Apologies to Setup Owners but I Quit

darn, another blow to the forum.:(

Good to hear you'll be popping back once in a while but goodluck in whatever else takes your spare time.

I hope you'll be back sooner than later as you were actually a good forumer with constructive posts.

Bye mate and lets hope you'll be bcak somedday:)

It's a real shame you're leaving Stu, but with all the petty arguments of late I can see why you are. You're one of my best mates from SM and I want to make sure I still keep in touch through MSN and speak to you regularly.

Hope you have a good break anyway and I'll be looking through to seeing you pop in to SM from time to time.

Ben :)

I for one havent seen any, other than in the FOTY, it wasnt a petty issue but got out of hand.

I doubt a few arguments here and there would cause anyone to leave. widdy is his own man, and He made his decision with good reasons. Thats all that matters

Sad to see you leave Widdy, you seemed a top bloke and forumer, goodluck with whatever you do buddy !

Sad to see you leave Stu, and I hope we keep in touch via your own forum and MSN. You have been a great guy, top manager and also a very good friend to me. I wish you all the best. :)

Ben, please enlighten, I don't see any arguments that Stu was involved?

Have to say thanks for the good wishes guys.

I have some good friends here at SM.

I will clear up the reason I have quit and it's nothing to do with any argument on the forum, it's an issue I have had for a while concerning the Match Engine and the sometimes stupid results it comes out with.

I built a team with Chesterfield which was doing great, top of the table, around 7 or 8 games unbeaten.........then..........no changes, everything the same, the Match Engine?? decides I need to lose the next 5 games on the trot........REALISTIC?, I think not.............I got to thinking that, however much time I spend picking a team, it's a total waste of time because 'Ol Match Engine' will just come up with stupid results.

I know some will say 'It's the same for everyone' and 'That's what happens in football' but I have better things I could be doing, I don't mind losing a few matches and getting beaten by better teams but 2 of my losses were by the BOTTOM 2 teams in the division.

I have not quit the forum as such but will only pop in now and then, as I have not got much positivity for SM right now and would not be beneficial to this forum (IMHO)

I may feel differently in a few days, who knows, and I have already been told at least one of my ex teams will be saved for me until I make a decision and tell them I don't want them anymore.

Nothing has changed in my feelings today though and I still do not feel like taking a team on, I really hope that SM look at the Match Engine, as I feel this is spoiling an excellent game.

Widdy

Guest joe black

Have to say thanks for the good wishes guys.

I have some good friends here at SM.

I will clear up the reason I have quit and it's nothing to do with any argument on the forum' date=' it's an issue I have had for a while concerning the Match Engine and the sometimes stupid results it comes out with.

I built a team with Chesterfield which was doing great, top of the table, around 7 or 8 games unbeaten.........then..........no changes, everything the same, the Match Engine?? decides I need to lose the next 5 games on the trot........REALISTIC?, I think not.............I got to thinking that, however much time I spend picking a team, it's a total waste of time because 'Ol Match Engine' will just come up with stupid results.

I know some will say 'It's the same for everyone' and 'That's what happens in football' but I have better things I could be doing, I don't mind losing a few matches and getting beaten by better teams but 2 of my losses were by the BOTTOM 2 teams in the division.

I have not quit the forum as such but will only pop in now and then, as I have not got much positivity for SM right now and would not be beneficial to this forum (IMHO)

I may feel differently in a few days, who knows, and I have already been told at least one of my ex teams will be saved for me until I make a decision and tell them I don't want them anymore.

Nothing has changed in my feelings today though and I still do not feel like taking a team on, I really hope that SM look at the Match Engine, as I feel this is spoiling an excellent game.

Widdy[/quote']

Sorry to see you go mate,your leaving us old guys short-handed:p but i know exactly where you are coming from and i agree 100%,the only reason i hang on is they are trying to improve the Match engine and i hope results like i got with Torpedo Moscow in Gold 5 last night are a thing of the past

I dont wanna hear all the BS about upsets and it happens in real life.......it happens in real life once every 5 years,on SM it happens every 5 games:mad:

Makes ya wonder why you bother studying tactic,formations,player selection and checking out the opposition before each game

I have also benefited from these weird and wonderful results but 2 wrongs dont make a right

Used to be cheating was the reason most people i know packed SM in but now its the dodgy AI,i know SM are trying to improve it so ill make my decision when i see what they come up with,good luck mate in whatever you decide to do:cool::)

Guest melbguy1

Widdy, it's no secret that I feel your frustration! I've been calling for SM to work on the match engine pretty much since my first week on the forum:o

I know you'll hang around the forum, cause if you check it now and again your bound to read something really stupid by a really really stupid forumer and you wont be able to help yourself :)

Suppose I could say Widdy was one of my better friends on here a don't blame him for quitting as SM can be pretty bad at times and am not as interested in it now as a was a year ago, so a can't say the thread shocked me too much.

Anyways all the best, all hopefully still see you on your own forum and what not from time to time. :)

Hope to see you back soon Stu:)' date='always a welcome for you here mate.

Match engine can be annoying at times,but SM have been working on a new one for quite some time now.

Anyway perfection wouldn't be as much fun:)[/quote']

Ah well mate sad to see ya go hope you are sucsefull in ya life good luck for what ever u take will miss ya expecily with widdy at bottom of all ya posts. Please change your mind and come back :).

Aye match engine annoyin i get stupid results we all have to live with t unfortunley. Will miss our little italian speaking :D.

Take care,

Nathan :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Gutted you're going , Widdy. :(

Since I've joined I would say you have been the best forumer so it is going to be a huge loss when you go.

Well...................what can I say guys apart from THANK YOU

Because of some messages I received and the good friends I have made here on SM, I have decided to stick with it, although I will probably not be as active on the forum as before.

There is definitely something about this place that grabs you and will not let go, anyhow you aint' rid of me yet.

See ya around the forum

Widdy