3 Irish lads at Blackburn

BenReado

As some of you may know I watch quite a few of Blackburn games. I have watched there youngsters develop and I think it's time to give a few of them a mention.

oh... are they're all Irish and rated 74/75.

1. Alan JUDGE (Not on DB --> 74 ---> 78)

I sent a ticket to get this player added this morning. He is a very small chubby player. I watched him in Rovers game against Wolves on Saturday. He is on the database as a forward but his primary position is RM and that is where he will play this season imho. He started for Rovers on Saturday and had a brilliant first half. None of the fans knew who he was so they just called him 'little man'. His passing rate must have been 100% as he didn't place 1 bad pass. He also made a few brilliant runs and his understanding of the game was brilliant. He always stood on the edge of the area when a corner was taken and he's one of those players who I can see hitting goals. It's unlikely he'll start with the signing of Carlos Villanueva, but I'm sure he'll get a decent amount of playing time and hit a few goals. He is also a starter for the Ireland Under 21's (That's the reason I managed to get him added). Keep a close eye on this guy. Great buy for 275K.

2. Keith TREACY (74 --> 78)

Also 19 years old and Irish is Treacy. He is more well known by fans as he made a few appearances last season. He again can play on the right but is more of a Left winger. I gave a bit of information on him last season when I predicted his rise from 66 ---> 74. He also has played for Ireland at Under 21 level. He is very different to Judge as a player though. He is tall and slim and not as aggressive as Judge. I think he will continue to develop this season, and again he is a great buy.

3. Eddie NOLAN (75 ---> 80)

An elegant central defender, who is also able to play at right back, Eddie has represented the Republic of Ireland at all levels up under 21s. After being on the fringes of the first team, Eddie finally made his debut in a Rovers shirt in their UEFA Cup match against AS Nancy in December 2006 as a first half substitute. Spent a month on loan with Stockport County during March 2007 and then a two-month spell with League One side Hartlepool in the 2007/08 season making a total of 13 appearances. Eddie is more well known than the other 2 players and is 1 of the first names on the Irish U21 team sheet.

Will this be his season....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: 3 Irish lads at Blackburn

Just went to the official Rovers page today and saw that Eddie Nolan is loaned out to Preston NE for 3 months. Hopefully there'll be a lot of first-team minutes for him, I think he's a great talent and he should start getting some game time.

• 3 months later...

Time for an update. Good news for all 3 players.

Lets start with Alan Judge. When I reported on him he had only played 1 firendly game against Wolves which I happened to be at. I was very impressed, hence my report on him. Although he didn't make the immediate impact I was hoping for, he has had good news of late. After Allardyce took over Judge has made a start in the FA Cup against Blyth were he played the full 90 minutes. He also managed to get on the bench for a couple of games but failed to make an appearence so far. His reserve form has also hugely improved from last season and in the 9 games he has played he has scored 5 goals. He has also just signed a 2 and a half year contract keeping him at the club until the end of 2011. I still believe he has a very bright future.

Secondly, Keith Treacy. He has progressed in the way I have been hoping he would. So far this season he has played 14 games in all competitions totaling 614 minutes altogether. With Pederson performing no where near the standard of 2 seasons ago I think Treacy will be getting even more games before long. He has already gone up from 68 (this time last year) -> 74 -> 78, and although no rise is likely this time round I think we could be looking at a 82 rated player by the end of the season.

Finnally, Eddie Nolan, now of PNE. The 74 rated defender impressed on his short loan at PNE and has managed to secure a full time place at Preston. The Irish U21 Captain saw that games would be limmited at Blackburn and Alan Irvine agreed a bid (Believed to be over £1 mil) for him. Irvine has already spokent o the press about how he admires his talent and versatility to play in any position along the back 4. Eddie has already played 6 games for PNE and will hopefully now cement his place in the first team. Could get a small rise if he continues to play.

Eddie Nolan will be a future star. I know he's playing for Preston so I may be a tad biased, but when he's been needed, he's stood up to the plate and performed brilliantly. Take earlier this month, Callum Davidson got injured in the Liverpool match, so Nolan was placed at LB (not his natural position of CB/RB) for the match against table-topping Wolves. We won 3-1, largely down to his defensive performance. He was then dropped for Callum for the next match against rivals Burnley, which proved to be a good choice as Callum scored a penalty. Nolan will easily get 80 in the English changes, maybe 81 if he makes a few more first team apps, which he should as he is versatile, and the back-up defender.

Judge has just joined Plymouth Argyle on loan' date=' he will make his debut tomorrow against Ipswich.[/quote']

Good move for the young lad. Should get first team football there and much needed experience.

To answer the previous question (Sportingfinal), I think it's hard to judge so early. Judge is definetely showing he has potential but Nolan is already captain of Irelan U21, and Treacy is getting games for Rovers already... so it's hard to call.

Good move for the young lad. Should get first team football there and much needed experience.

To answer the previous question (Sportingfinal)' date=' I think it's hard to judge so early. Judge is definetely showing he has potential but Nolan is already captain of Irelan U21, and Treacy is getting games for Rovers already... so it's hard to call.[/quote']

Is it a crime to judge a judge? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Nolan has played the last 3 league games in a row, playing 90 minutes each game.

The games were against

Sheff United - 5th

Plymouth - 17th

Reading - 2nd

Preston only conceded one goal in those 3 games, in fact another interesting statistic, in all the games Nolan has started, Preston have only lost 1 game.

The best news is that he's in the squad to face Georgia on Wednesday which is a World Cup Qualifier.

He's also apparently signed for Preston permanetly.

Link.

Nolan has played the last 3 league games in a row' date=' playing 90 minutes each game.

The games were against

Sheff United - 5th

Plymouth - 17th

Reading - 2nd

Preston only conceded one goal in those 3 games, in fact another interesting statistic, in all the games Nolan has started, Preston have only lost 1 game.

The best news is that he's in the squad to face Georgia on Wednesday which is a World Cup Qualifier.

He's also apparently signed for Preston permanetly.

Link.

Yep, he signed permanently in January. I went to watch him vs Sheff Utd and he played okay, not brilliant but then again, they all didnt. What puzzles me is that Sean St Ledger is Irish and has performed much better than Nolan, but wasnt called up. :confused:

Another 90 minutes for Nolan as Preston beat Norwich 1-0 and moved up to 4th in the league.

I was there, good performance, but Norwich will be gutted they didnt get a point, as for first half hour or so, it was all Norwich.

He also got a call-up to the Ireland squad ahead of club-mate Sean St. Ledger but had to withdraw through injury.