Amr Zaki

it is surprising noone mentioned him.

-he has 1 goal every 2 games ratio for his national team.

-he was the african cup of nations joint goal scorer of the tournament.

-is currently listed as the best striker in the world on the fifa website.

-jut joined Wigan where he will play regularly.

he is already 87, and if he manages to get more than 10 PL goals on his debut (very likely) he'll definetly be at 90. he is worth only 5.5

all the signs show that this guy will prove to be one of THE bargains of the game in a few months time

Re: Amr Zaki

You think if he gets 10 goals on his debut season he'll reach 90? Last season Ashley Young scored some crackers, got tonnes of assists, called up to the England squad and helped his team quality for Europe (via Intertoto), and that warranted him a 90. You think if Zaki scores 10 goals for a team that will no doubt be fighting relegation he will get a 90? No chance.

Wigan will probably be right down the bottom once again, and none of their players will be 90 rated. Zaki will probably stay at 87, and has an even chance of raising to 88 or dropping to 86 depending on how well he plays in the EPL. No higher, possibly lower.

I dont want to go into an argument here, but its not just about the league. Its his international career as well. The difference between Zaki and young is the initial rating. Zaki starts with 87 (he is up 4 points just because he joined wigan). plus scoring 10+ goals for a team fighting against relegation is an acheivement unlike doing so for a team that came ffth or sixth. I mentioned some of the acheivements that will supplement to his increase in rating.

plus why do we need to argue, we just have to wait ad see.

• 1 month later...

You think if he gets 10 goals on his debut season he'll reach 90? Last season Ashley Young scored some crackers' date=' got tonnes of assists, called up to the England squad and helped his team quality for Europe (via Intertoto), and that warranted him a 90. You think if Zaki scores 10 goals for a team that will no doubt be fighting relegation he will get a 90? No chance.

Wigan will probably be right down the bottom once again, and none of their players will be 90 rated. Zaki will probably stay at 87, and has an even chance of raising to 88 or dropping to 86 depending on how well he plays in the EPL. No higher, possibly lower.[/quote']

he is a top player, best tunisian. 89 by xmas.

• 2 weeks later...

He wouldn't hit 90, 89 at best by the end of the season, 88 could be more likely.

Andy johnson was top scorer for palace and 2nd in the league a couple of seasons back, but the highest he went was 90. And that was at everton.

Young has had an incredible season and is still 90. Agbalonghor as well, and is only rated 89. No way will he be better than an 89 unless he moves.

Last season, benjani scored tonnes of goals, but only ended up with 89 from 88 (start of season).

It's isnt so easy to get 90 mates.

cheers

He wouldn't hit 90' date=' 89 at best by the end of the season, 88 could be more likely.

Andy johnson was top scorer for palace and 2nd in the league a couple of seasons back, but the highest he went was 90. And that was at everton.

Young has had an incredible season and is still 90. Agbalonghor as well, and is only rated 89. No way will he be better than an 89 unless he moves.

Last season, benjani scored tonnes of goals, but only ended up with 89 from 88 (start of season).

It's isnt so easy to get 90 mates.

cheers[/quote']

if he carries on the way he is then he will

He wouldn't hit 90' date=' 89 at best by the end of the season, 88 could be more likely.[/quote']

I see what you mean but,

If this guy was performing like this in say a Chelsea or Manchester united shirt he would hit 90 with ease.

With it only being Wigan i cant see them doing it which is unfair in my opinion.

Mind you hes only on loan at Wigan and maybe bigger teams could nap him.

He said today on sky sports news he doesnt know if he will be at Wigan next season!

he's 2 footed as well. i'm surprised that a lot of people seem to overlook this skill in players. That's my primary reason (and cutting the wage bilol) for wanting Benzema for a BIG fee (i.e. Henry + eto'o + 10m) :o . it's shame the Lyon manager won't let me buy him..

AMir Zaki i'#i've put in a very tidy bid for.. Saha + 5m.. also why can't there be a player auction every now and then.. maybe i'd shed Stuart Downing.. lol

Re: ZAKI,Amr

Zaki is not unfound mate loads od people know about him because he is joint top scorer

Because if anyone watches MOTD then they will know but i would like to see your prediction come true

and if theres a new setup then he is alrady at wigan

First of all -> 89-91? As good as Defoe? Zigic? I don't think so. Should hit 88, and may hit 89 if he continues to score regularly throughout the season, but certainly not this week. As for 90 or 91... well not unless he moves to a better club/Wigan get into Europe, and he continues to score regularly.

Also, thread on him here.

I think 89 is a bit much mate, as good as Defoe? Pato? Bojan? as mentioned.

But he is vital to Wigan and is their mean goalscoring machine.

But one player who also deserves some recognition is his striker partner Emile Heskey - Some say he is playing his best football at the moment.

An 88 would be good for Zaki. :)

Good shout though

I see what you mean but' date='

[b']If this guy was performing like this in say a Chelsea or Manchester united shirt he would hit 90 with ease.[/b]

With it only being Wigan i cant see them doing it which is unfair in my opinion.

Mind you hes only on loan at Wigan and maybe bigger teams could nap him.

He said today on sky sports news he doesnt know if he will be at Wigan next season!

You've hit the nail on the head. That is why he won't hit 90, as he is not a top club. I think he should hit 88 this time round, and could hit 89 if he continues to score regularly (although I think it would have to be closer to 20 than 10). But I cannot see him hitting 90 unless he does exceptionally well, and Wigan are fighting for a place in Europe.

The club a player plays for does affect his rating, it's not just ability. Otherwise Beckford would be higher than 80, but as he is at Leeds, being in League 1 is holding him down.

Now this is your first post on the forum, so welcome.

As you can probably tell, most forum/scouting regulars get a bit miffed when people make duplicate threads, or threads on players most people already know about.

However, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I can understand that you're trying to get a good footing by posting about a player who, yes, does have potential, albeit not as much as you may think right now. My advice would be to lurk a bit and just see what happens and what goes down on here, as forums can be confusing places to stumble upon, especially with oddballs such as myself dwelling here. :)