Fabio and Rafael da Silva - Man Utd's Brazilian Twins

MightyShrimper

Re: Fabio and Rafael da Silva - Man Utd's Brazilian Twins

Yep' date=' and of course I'd also back Evra to beat Maicon up the other end of the pitch with the ball :P. The only other player who scared me a bit was Adriano, he looked dangerous but we contained him well.[/quote']

Lucky for you Adriano has the turning circle of the bus, otherwise he probably would have scored.

Lol' date=' did Santon block Ronaldo once?

Yeh I can see 3 0 but I'm not predicting it. Inter were a let down to be honest. Mourinho bigged up them being good and attacking, and us being negative and defensive, but it seems to have backfired for him :rolleyes:[/quote']

It won't be 3-0. You don't beat Mourinho's team by 3 goals. Man Utd will have to attack because if Inter score, they then have to score twice. Or they could just risk it and go hugely defensive, hoping to grab a goal.

Lmao' date='

People are saying SANTON kept blocking ronaldo and did wel against him.

I honestly think he did ok but ronaldo did own him most of the times.

Hes just a kid aswell.

Utd to win them at OT. 3-0[/quote']

Ladies and gentlemen... the new King Biased United fan!

I personally think this game is going to be a ridiculous scoreline' date=' that is if inter score the first goal...if they do they will end up sitting back and defending all game. This will result in what i think will be a 4-1/5-1 whooping...

*awaits sledging*[/quote']

You're not going to get sledged on here mate.

Maybe a couple of years ago you would have, but after taht 7 - 1, people just can't do it ;).

I'm not so sure myself. I can quite easily see a sneaky 1 0 to us, depends though. If we play Ronaldo and Nani as proper wingers, or Ronaldo and Park (or even Tosic) I can see us battering them.

From the BBC website: Man Utd hit by Rafael injury blow

Man Utd hit by Rafael injury blow

Manchester United full-back Rafael has been ruled out for up to a month with a fractured ankle.

The 18-year-old Brazilian, who will now miss Sunday's Carling Cup final, picked up the injury in last week's 2-1 win over Blackburn.

"He's out for a month with a hairline fracture of his ankle," United boss Sir Alex Ferguson told the club website.

"It's a blow because he's been playing in all the cup games and he's done so well. He deserves to be in the final."

From the BBC website: Man Utd hit by Rafael injury blow

Man Utd hit by Rafael injury blow

Manchester United full-back Rafael has been ruled out for up to a month with a fractured ankle.

The 18-year-old Brazilian' date=' who will now miss Sunday's Carling Cup final, picked up the injury in last week's 2-1 win over Blackburn.

"He's out for a month with a hairline fracture of his ankle," United boss Sir Alex Ferguson told the club website.

"It's a blow because he's been playing in all the cup games and he's done so well. [b']He deserves to be in the final.[/b]"

He wasn't going to play anyway; SAF has already said Neville was going to play in the final.

• 1 month later...

I would be shocked if it wasn't higher then 83, based of other players i think Rafael should get 86 and i think Welbeck will get the 83 which makes it about right.

Fabio won't rise but i think he will get several starts next season, and a little bird tells me Fabio is better then Rafael so if thats tell then Man Utd will be a hard team to beat.

How many starts did busquets make to earn his 85? Was it even half of Rafael?

He got 85 so i'll be interested when Rafael gets less.

Good point. Here are some stats for Busquets prior to 28th October 2008 (when he went to 85):

5 starts, 2 subs, 1 goal, 1 assist and 494 minutes.

Compared to (since 10th October 2008, when Rafael went to 77):

15 starts, 2 sub appearances, 1 goal, 1 assist and about 1235 minutes.

Hmmm. Perhaps 85 would be more fair.

Good point. Here are some stats for Busquets prior to 28th October 2008 (when he went to 85):

5 starts' date=' 2 subs, 1 goal, 1 assist and 494 minutes.

Compared to (since 10th October 2008, when Rafael went to 77):

15 starts, 2 sub appearances, 1 goal, 1 assist and about 1235 minutes.

Hmmm. Perhaps 85 would be more fair.[/quote']

Looking at that an 86 would be fair. and SM can't up with their usual excuse of perfomances:rolleyes:

Rafael has been nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

United have a tradition of giving youth a chance and flying right back Raphael is another young player to benefit from that policy and' date=' like Evans, he has looked perfectly at home in a side littered with amazing talent.

Over the years Gary Neville has been one of the finest right backs in the country, and Raphael is following in the finest traditions of what United look for in that type of player. For one so young, he dominates his area of the pitch and United have a potential world beater on their hands.

[/quote']

Unfortunately he spelt the kid's name wrong but high praise indeed from the PFA Chief Executive. And remember, these awards were voted for in February when Rafa was having a good run of games so he has a fair chance of winning. I'm betting on Vidic and Stephen Ireland to win though.

Rafael has been nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

Unfortunately he spelt the kid's name wrong but high praise indeed from the PFA Chief Executive. And remember' date=' these awards were voted for in February when Rafa was having a good run of games so he has a fair chance of winning. I'm betting on Vidic and Stephen Ireland to win though.[/quote']

He doesn't deserve this nomination, thats all I can say really...