Fabio and Rafael da Silva - Man Utd's Brazilian Twins

MightyShrimper

Re: Fabio and Rafael da Silva - Man Utd's Brazilian Twins

Rafael got his 20th start of the season yesterday by the way. Played the whole match in Man Utd's derby win.

If SAF continues to pick him as often as this I feel he could rise to 88/89 next changes.

This would be absolutely phenominal when you consider he was only added to the database in August and was only rated 74 (I think). I managed to snap him up for just 1 million and he is now worth 15-20m.

This would be absolutely phenominal when you consider he was only added to the database in August and was only rated 74 (I think). I managed to snap him up for just 1 million and he is now worth 15-20m.

i disagree ;)

i picked him up FROM A MANAGED TEAM WHO WOULD SELL HIM AND WELBECK ONE WEEK before EPL ratings to me i do not know but anyway

i bought him for 1 million and it looks like he is a future 93+

so that means value could be 50 million soon !

really is a great buy just like santon who i also bought from managed club for nothing as well.......very lucky indeed as most setups i would be rejected straightaway with rubbish bids like those tbh !

• 2 weeks later...

So that's Fabio and Rafael's first senior season over, a promising one disrupted by injuries, but a good one nevertheless. Fabio might be a bit disappointed, but Rafael will be delighted with a Premier League medal, Carling Cup medal, PFA YPotY nomination and a new contract to keep him at Man Utd until 2013. Anyway, here are the pair's final stats:

Fabio da Silva

Comp. Sta. Sub. G. A. Mins.

FA Cup - 2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 116 (Start vs. Tottenham Hotspur, Everton)

Total - 2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 116

Rafael da Silva

Comp. Sta. Sub. G. A. Mins.

Prem. - 12 - 4 - 1 - 0 - 1055 (Goal vs. Arsenal)

Champ. - 2 - 2 - 0 - 0 - 170 (Start vs. AaB Aalborg, Celtic. Sub. vs AaB Aalborg, Arsenal)

FA Cup - 2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 180 (Start vs. Derby County, Everton)

Car. Cup - 5 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 401 (Assist vs. Derby County)

Total - 21 - 6 - 1 - 1 - 1806

Those appearances got Fabio a rating of 75, while Rafael was added at 74, before rising to 77 a few weeks later, and most recently a rise to 86 - a +12 overall. Well done for those who bought Rafael at the start of the season. Sorry to those who spent £99m on Fabio! :P

Also, thanks to everybody for keeping this thread going - almost 500 posts! Next season hopefully Fabio can get enough appearances to rise into the 80s, and maybe Rafael can claim that RB position as his own and reach the high 80s. Tchau! (as they might say) :)

Next season hopefully Fabio can get enough appearances to rise into the 80s' date=' and maybe Rafael can claim that RB position as his own and reach the high 80s. Tchau! (as they might say) :)[/quote']

i think fabio will not due to evra being best LB in the world imo / if you disagree you have to agree with me that fabio wil struggle to get game time !

as for rafael i think he has a chance but he looked defensively weak yesterday and i think that is why he will not start for a while yet :/

i am hopeful but i think he will need some more time and then a future star as very talented:

i want to see fabio play i have not really ! rafael i know isgood and people tell me fabio is even better but i have no idea i just want to see him play as well as people like tosic etc !

Does any1 know why Rafeal was subbed off for Eckersley yesterday. Poor performance, injury? Im guessing not a tactical change as he was replacing an attacking minded RB for another.

On the plus side from what little i saw on MOTD i thought Eckersley had a wonderful game.

Does any1 know why Rafeal was subbed off for Eckersley yesterday. Poor performance' date=' injury? Im guessing not a tactical change as he was replacing an attacking minded RB for another.

On the plus side from what little i saw on MOTD i thought Eckersley had a wonderful game.[/quote']

A few hard tackles going in, and he was kind of limping after one, so SAF took him off, with the intention of having him on the bench for Wednesday (Or that's at least what I think :P).

Now they have tasted the EPL and success (Not so much Fabio but hey hoe) and have a break after the CL a good pre-season will benefit them greatly.

I expect both will come back fitter, stonger and better for the new season.

Does any1 know why Rafeal was subbed off for Eckersley yesterday. Poor performance' date=' injury? Im guessing not a tactical change as he was replacing an attacking minded RB for another.

On the plus side from what little i saw on MOTD i thought Eckersley had a wonderful game.[/quote']

I thought Eckersley had a better game than Rafael, he wanst his ushaul self and Eckersley was outstanding.

Macheda didnt have the best of games either and i thought Martin had a better game than him,

De Laet was outstanding too!

The commentators seemed to think (and this is the first thing that came to my mind) that SAF was taking a precaution and resting him for the CL Final on Wednesday, meaning Rafael might be on the bench.

Surely this is the most obvious reason, no?

The commentators seemed to think (and this is the first thing that came to my mind) that SAF was taking a precaution and resting him for the CL Final on Wednesday' date=' meaning Rafael might be on the bench.

Surely this is the most obvious reason, no?[/quote']

I would think so.

• 2 months later...

So for my 1,000th post I decided to return to the only decent thread I've ever made. As a special treat, I've completed a major update of the opening post, with up-to-date statistics, reports and new videos, including an embedded video of Rafael's goal against Arsenal (which I thoroughly encourage you take a lot at again, just because it's a beauty.)

After what you all know was an overwhelming debut season for Rafael (and an equally underwhelming one for Fabio), the future looks bright for the coming season, due to kick-off next weekend. Rafael will fight Gary Neville, Wes Brown, John O'Shea and new-kid-on-the-block Ritchie De Laet for that right back crown. Fabio faces less, but much tougher competition in the form of Patrice Evra, who shows no signs of being removed as United's first-choice left back.

Pre-season looks optomistic for Fabio, who made 6 appearances from 7 games (3 starts, 3 subs, 297 minutes.) Rafael, on the other hand, did not play any matches, possibly due to injury - can anyone confirm this? Still, barring more injuries, Rafael will be looking to play as many matches, if not more than he did last year (27 appearances), as he continues to develope as one of the Premiership's rising young stars. Fabio will also no doubt want to eclipse the 2 appearances he made last season, and odds are on that he will.

Looking forward to another season of English football!

So for my 1' date='000th post I decided to return to the only decent thread I've ever made. As a special treat, I've completed a major update of the opening post, with up-to-date statistics, reports and new videos, including an embedded video of Rafael's goal against Arsenal (which I thoroughly encourage you take a lot at again, just because it's a beauty.)

After what you all know was an overwhelming debut season for Rafael (and an equally underwhelming one for Fabio), the future looks bright for the coming season, due to kick-off next weekend. Rafael will fight Gary Neville, Wes Brown, John O'Shea and new-kid-on-the-block Ritchie De Laet for that right back crown. Fabio faces less, but much tougher competition in the form of Patrice Evra, who shows no signs of being removed as United's first-choice left back.

Pre-season looks optomistic for Fabio, who made 6 appearances from 7 games (3 starts, 3 subs, 297 minutes.) Rafael, on the other hand, did not play any matches, possibly due to injury - can anyone confirm this? Still, barring more injuries, Rafael will be looking to play as many matches, if not more than he did last year (27 appearances), as he continues to develope as one of the Premiership's rising young stars. Fabio will also no doubt want to eclipse the 2 appearances he made last season, and odds are on that he will.

Looking forward to another season of English football![/quote']

Yes Rafael is injured and will miss the start of the season

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

what suprise me the most is that Sir Alex do not play neither of the twins despite lacking of fit fullbacks... both gary and brown are injury prone...

i guess the twins are not good enough huh??? :confused:

There still very young though. They are being brought in slowly. Rafael gets more games as there isnt as much competition. They both look great though when they have played.

There still very young though. They are being brought in slowly. Rafael gets more games as there isnt as much competition. They both look great though when they have played.

they do but fabio i think is better, a bit better positioning and looks more defensively experienced ( i know he isn't but looks that way.)

anyway, rafael had his 50th apperance this week so he is getting games :)

we expect them to start but infact think of any teenagers playing at such big teams, only santon has really ever done that. they are playing hell of a lot for their age lets not forget that ! and as moam said evra being so good and fit mostly means fabio has a tough time :(

rafael looks better though, covering for vidic i remember in that last ditch tackle shows he has raw pace and talent and i cant remember the last time he made a mistake, great talents :)

Really? I know I'm a Liverpool fan but think I'm fairly honest when it comes to judging players regarding the likes of Scholes among my favourite players to watch. I honestly think Rafael has looked out of his depth on quite a few of the occassions i've seen him. Of course he is young and its obvious he has raw talent but he has a long way to go before he is a top player IMO.

Really? I know I'm a Liverpool fan but think I'm fairly honest when it comes to judging players regarding the likes of Scholes among my favourite players to watch. I honestly think Rafael has looked out of his depth on quite a few of the occassions i've seen him. Of course he is young and its obvious he has raw talent but he has a long way to go before he is a top player IMO.

he does have a fair way to go, but like i said the only other teenager who dosn't is probably santon.

find one other young defender who plays so well ill be surprised, we are comparing them to players like evra who are much older, he wasn't as good as rafael at his age. a few seasons ago evra was a joke, now look at him !