Division 4 Team Guide (English Championship)

Want to take the challenge of being a Div 4 team in an English Championship, and taking them to Div 1? Want to know what the best team to take is? Want to know the team with the biggest stadium, or the team with the most expensive squad? Or perhaps you want a challenge, and want someone with a small stadium or cheap squad? Well everything you need to know about the Div 4 teams is below!

I’ve noticed that a few people, me included, have recently been taking over a EC Div 4 team, then selling off the entire team and bringing in loads of cheap risers or young talents. I’ve also noticed a couple of people asking what’s the best team to take in Div 4. Due to this I’ve decided to write up a quick ‘guide’ to all the teams in Div 4 of an English Championship. So now if you want to do it, you could take over the team with the biggest stadium, or biggest starting balance, or best players, or most promising, or even with the opposite if you want a challenge – the team with the smallest stadium or worst players, etc. Either way you can see all the info here.

Notes:

- Total value of team is chairman’s value. Includes every player, including £10k players. Of course the players chairman value may rise once you have sold the higher rated players off, but this is not included in the listed value (as it’s impossible to know!). If you sell off the entire team you will obviously get a bit more than stated, as other clubs may offer more than chairman’s value for your players.

- The rank is based on overall value.

- The overall value is the total value of the team and the starting balance added together.

- The most promising players are in bold.

- Teams are in Alphabetical order. If you want to find a certain rank, then press Ctrl+F and type in 'Rank' followed by the rank you want to find. Same goes for Stadium Rank - press Ctrl+F and type in 'Stadium Rank' followed by the number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bournemouth (Rank 17)

Real Life: League 2

Stadium: Dean Court (10,700) (Stadium Rank: 11)

Balance: Around £3.5m

Total Value of Team: £9.67m

Promising Youngsters: Brett Pitman (CF/21/75), Jean-Francois Christophe (DM/21/75), Jason Pearce (LB/20/74), Max Gradel (RM/18/76), Josh McQuoid (CM/18/70), Joe Partington (CM/18/67), Ryan Pryce (GK/18/70)

Overall Value: £13.12m

Bradford (Rank 9)

Stadium: Valley Parade (25,136) (Stadium Rank: 2)

Balance: Around £8m

Total Value of Team: £8.9m

Promising Youngsters: Joe Colbeck (RM-CM/21/74), Tj Moncur (CB/20/72), Scott Loach (GK/20/73)

Overall Value: £16.9m

Brentford (Rank 14)

Stadium: Griffin Park (12,763) (Stadium Rank: 6)

Balance: Around £4.1m

Total Value of Team: £10.71m

Promising Youngsters: Reuben Reid (F/20/72), Marvin Williams (W/20/76), Ryan Dickson (LM/21/72), Nathan Elder (F/21/70), Wayne Brown (CM/20/72), Leigh Mills (CB/20/70), Ross Montague (F/19/70)

Overall Value: £14.81m

Brighton & Hove Albion (Rank 1)

Real Life: League 1

Stadium: Withdean Stadium (8,850) (Stadium Rank: 18)

Balance: Around £4m

Total Value of Team: £29.94m

Promising Youngsters: Joel Lynch (CB-LB/20/78), Tommy Elphick (CB-RB/20/77) Tommy Fraser (CM-RM/20/76), Dean Cox (W/20/79), Jake Robinson (F/21/77), Joe Gatting (CF/20/74)

Overall Value: £33.94m

Cheltenham Town (Rank 12)

Stadium: Whaddon Road (7,408) (Stadium Rank: 20)

Balance: Around £3.7m

Total Value of Team: £11.48m

Promising Youngsters: Richard Keogh (CB-RB/21/77), Craig Reid (F/19/72)

Overall Value: £15.18m

Chesterfield (Rank 15)

Stadium: Saltergate (11,308) (Stadium Rank: 9)

Balance: Around £4.6m

Total Value of Team: £9.46m

Promising Youngsters: Peter Hartley (CB/20/72), Graeme Owens (W/20/70)

Overall Value: £14.06m

Crewe Alexandra (Rank 6)

Stadium: Gresty Road (10,046) (Stadium Rank: 14)

Balance: Around £4.5m

Total Value of Team: £17.2m

Promising Youngsters: Paddy Boyle (LB-CB/21/75), Michael O’Connor (CM/20/74), Gary Roberts (CM/21/78), Byron Moore (F-W/19/75)

Overall Value: Around £21.7m

Darlington (Rank 8)

Stadium: Darlington Arena (25,294) (Stadium Rank: 1)

Balance: Around £7.9M

Total Value of Team: £10.44m

Promising Youngsters: Przemeslaw Kazmierczak (GK/20/72), Bryan Hodge (20/73), Jason Kennedy (CM/21/79)

Overall Value: £18.34m

Gillingham (Rank 7)

Stadium: Priestfield (11,582) (Stadium Rank: 8)

Balance: Around £4.8m

Total Value of Team: £15.23m

Promising Youngsters: Curtis Weston (CM-AM/21/75), Sean Clohessy (RB/21/75), Stuart Lewis (CM/20/73), Craig Stone (CM/19/73)

Overall Value: £20.03m

Grimsby (Rank 19)

Stadium: Blundell Park (10,033) (Stadium Rank: 15)

Balance: Around £3.2m

Total Value of Team: £5.08m

Promising Youngsters: Danny North (F/20/73), Peter Bore (W/20/71), Andy Taylor (F/19/72), Ryan Bennett (CB-RB/18/72)

Overall Value: £8.28m

Huddersfield Town (Rank 2)

Stadium: Galpharm Stadium (24,500) (Stadium Rank: 4)

Balance: Around £7.5m

Total Value of Team: £24.4m

Promising Youngsters: Alex Smithies (GK/18/70), Joe Skarz (LB-CB/19/76), James Berrett (CM/19/74)

Overall Value: £31.9m

Leyton Orient (Rank 5)

Stadium: Brisbane Road (9,271) (Stadium Rank: 17)

Balance: Around £4.2m

Total Value of Team: £18.48m

Promising Youngsters: Efe Echanomi (CF/21/72), Andy Barcham (F-W/21/75), Charlie Daniels (LM-LB/21/77), Brian Saah (CB-DM/21/76), Aiden Palmer (LB/21/75), Jason Demetriou (RB-RM/20/76), Andrew Cave-Brown (RB-LB/20/73)

Overall Value: £22.68m

Lincoln City (Rank 18)

Stadium: Sincil Bank (11,729) (Stadium Rank: 7)

Balance: Around £4.6m

Total Value of Team: £6.14m

Promising Youngsters: Daniel Hone (CB-DM/18/72), Lee Frecklington (CM/22/75), Owain Warlow (W/20/71), Dany N’Guessan (W-F/20/74)

Overall Value: £10.74m

Luton Town (Rank 16)

Stadium: Kenilworth Road (10,260) (Stadium Rank: 12)

Balance: Around £3.4m

Total Value of Team: £9.82m

Promising Youngsters: Dean Brill (GK/22/78), Keith Keane (RM/21/75)

Overall Value: £13.22m

Northampton Town (Rank 4)

Stadium: Sixfields (7,653) (Stadium Rank: 19)

Balance: Around £2.8m

Total Value of Team: £20.06m

Promising Youngsters: Danny May (RB/19/70), Mark Little (RB/19/80), Liam Dolman (CB-LB/20/76), Mark Hughes (CB/21/76), Liam Davis (LM-CM/21/74), Alex Dyer (RM/18/70), Abdul Osman (DM/21/76), Giles Coke (CM/LM/22/75), Ryan Gilligan (AM-F/21/76), Jonathan Hayes (W/21/75)

Overall Value: £22.86m

Port Vale (Rank 3)

Stadium: Vale Park (22,356) (Stadium Rank: 5)

Balance: Around £7.2m

Total Value of Team: £16.52m

Promising Youngsters: Joe Anyon (GK/21/77), Mitchell Hanson (RB-CB/19/72), Krystian Pearce (CB/18/70), Danny Glover (CM/18/72), James Lawrie (F-W/16/63), Louis Dodds (CF/21/75).

Overall Value: £23.72m

Rochdale (Rank 20)

Stadium: Spotland (10,249) (Stadium Rank: 13)

Balance: Around £3.3m

Total Value of Team: £4.06m

Promising Youngsters: Chris Dagnall (F/22/74), PB[Adam Le Fondre (CF/21/74)[/b], Rory McArdle (CB-RB/21/73), Joe Thompson (W-F/19/72), Kallum Higginbotham

Overall Value: £7.36m

Rotherham (Rank 10)

Stadium: Don Valley (25,000) (Stadium Rank: 3)

Balance: Around £7.8m

Total Value of Team: £8.56m

Promising Youngsters: Ryan Taylor (CF/20/72), Marc Newsham (F-AM/20/72), Stephen Brogan (LB-RB/20/74)

Overall Value: £16.36m

Shrewsbury (Rank 11)

Stadium: New Meadow (9,875) (Stadium Rank: 16)

Balance: Around £4.3m

Total Value of Team: £11.62m

Promising Youngsters: Asa Hall (DM/21/70), Michael Barnes (W/20/72), Marc Pugh (RM/20/73), Dave Hibbert (CF/22/75)

Overall Value: £15.92m

Stockport (Rank 13)

Stadium: Edgeley Park (10,651) (Stadium Rank: 10)

Balance: Around £3.5m

Total Value of Team: £11.51m

Promising Youngsters: Conrad Logan (GK/22/78), Gary Dicker (CM-RM/21/75), John Ruddy (GK/21/78), Owain Fon Williams (GK/21/67), Anthony Pilkington (W/20/74), Stephen Gleeson (AM-W/20/76), Michael Raynes (CB/20/73), Tommy Rowe (W/19/73), Paul Turnbull (AM-F/19/72)

Overall Value: £15.01m

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest Stadiums: 1) Darlington (25,294), 2) Bradford (25,136), 3) Rotherham (25,000)

Biggest Value (Starting Balance + Total Chairman’s Value): 1) Brighton (£33.94m), 2) Huddersfield (£31.9m), 3) Port Vale (£23.72m)

Smallest Stadiums: 1) Cheltenham (7,408), 2) Northampton (7653), 3) Brighton (8,850)

Lowest Value: 1) Rochdale (£7.36m), 2) Grimsby (£8.28m), 3) Lincoln (10.74m)

If you want the easiest team to take control of in Div 4, it would probably be Huddersfield. They have quality youngsters, a lot of good players to sell off, which can gain you in excess of £24m. They don’t have the biggest stadium, but all the teams with a bigger stadium can’t gain as much funds from their players. And it works out the same for the teams with the biggest value, Brighton have a really small stadium.

If you want a mighty challenge, the hardest to take would probably be Grimsby, as they have one of the cheapest teams, and one of the smallest stadiums in the division.

I hope this is of help to you if you want to take a team from Div 4 but don’t know who to choose. :)

Re: Division 4 Team Guide (English Championship)

I have already taken Brentford: http://www.soccermanager.co.uk/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=73446&clubid=10550400&sid=11533

2 months in and ive been so succesful im transfering my entire team and buying Kaka :D

And once again: rep for the amazing work :)

EDIT: I need to pass it around a bit first :o

I gotta say mate ' date=' your proving yourself on the forum :) well done.

i took over doncaster in div 3 on monday . what rank are they in Div 3 ?

would rep you but gotta spread it:o[/quote']

I hope you're not asking me to do it again, :o

I'll take a quick glance in one of the EC's that appear today. I'd imagine that they are one of the bigger teams, with a new stadium (don't know how big it is), and as they've just been promoted most of their players are in the high 70's, or 80/81.

Guest joe black

I hope you're not asking me to do it again' date='[/b'] :o

I'll take a quick glance in one of the EC's that appear today. I'd imagine that they are one of the bigger teams, with a new stadium (don't know how big it is), and as they've just been promoted most of their players are in the high 70's, or 80/81.

Now start on the other divisions........kidding:p:D

I gotta say mate ' date=' your proving yourself on the forum :) well done.

i took over doncaster in div 3 on monday . what rank are they in Div 3 ?

would rep you but gotta spread it:o[/quote']

Ok, I've guessed the rank by just looking at the other teams, but I think it's fairly accurate.

They are ranked 8th out of 20.

Their stadium holds 15,231 people.

Their stadium rank is 12th.

So I'd say they're a fairly middle team to take, although if you held on to their players they'd be likely to rise next season.

From this 'quick glance', I found out that the easiest teams to take (in no particular order), are Southampton, Leicester and Leeds.

Southampton and Leicester have stadiums of around 32k, and have very good squads. Leicester in particular have some quality youngsters (Mattock, Alnwick, etc), that are worth a lot, as well as a few 85's and 84'.

Southampton are the same, but the squad isn't as good, and Leeds have the biggest stadium (40k), and although the squad isn't as good, there are some quality young players that are worth a fair bit (Sheehan, Huntington, Howson, Johnson, Kilkenny), and even Beckford and Michalik are pretty young (24).

The hardest teams to take over would be Swindon, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers and Peterborough. All have fairly small stadiums (15k, 7k, 11k, 15k) and their squads aren't that good, especially Peterborough as they've just been promoted so the ratings are fairly low. MK Dons aren't included as they have a nice big stadium, and the other promoted clubs, Stockport, are in Div 4, and Hereford just aren't in an EC.

Ok' date=' I've guessed the rank by just looking at the other teams, but I think it's fairly accurate.

They are ranked 8th out of 20.

Their stadium holds 15,231 people.

Their stadium rank is 12th.

So I'd say they're a fairly middle team to take, although if you held on to their players they'd be likely to rise next season.

From this 'quick glance', I found out that the easiest teams to take (in no particular order), are Southampton, Leicester and Leeds.

Southampton and Leicester have stadiums of around 32k, and have very good squads. Leicester in particular have some quality youngsters (Mattock, Alnwick, etc), that are worth a lot, as well as a few 85's and 84'.

Southampton are the same, but the squad isn't as good, and Leeds have the biggest stadium (40k), and although the squad isn't as good, there are some quality young players that are worth a fair bit (Sheehan, Huntington, Howson, Johnson, Kilkenny), and even Beckford and Michalik are pretty young (24).

The hardest teams to take over would be Swindon, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers and Peterborough. All have fairly small stadiums (15k, 7k, 11k, 15k) and their squads aren't that good, especially Peterborough as they've just been promoted so the ratings are fairly low. MK Dons aren't included as they have a nice big stadium, and the other promoted clubs, Stockport, are in Div 4, and [b']Hereford just aren't in an EC[/b].

I have just sent SM a ticket about Hereford United's absence, so they may be added in the next few days. It seems unfair that one of 68 top three tier clubs miss out.

Taken over Peterborough in EC 489 when they were a Div 4 team. I've taken them into promotion in the new season after guiding them to a upper mid-table finish last year.

Signed some of the names posted on here inckuding Anthony Annan and Ezequiel (sp) Miralles. The Chelsea manager keeps on poaching some of them though :mad:.

Good post i took Darlington in GC18 and we sit top 7 games in ahead of brighton my family members also have huddlesfield and port vale in the setup and they sit 6th and 7th, will be interesting thread to show them considering we thought darlington were the 3rd best not 8th :D