Serbian Talents and Risers

First the Serbian SuperLiga

I believe our league starts in 8 days.......... I'm expecting good things from Zvezda, Partizan, Vojvodina, and OFK- in that order-

Now, i'll have to predict that currently Zoran Tosic from Partizan is playing very beautiful football ATM in the Olympics and for Partizan. He's in form and has been for a while. I'd say he'll be a good riser.

Dusan Tadic is an excellent dribbler. Some say he's the future of Serbia in some aspects. He's very smart and does everything well. He just needs to go 1-on-1 more often. He's Vojvodina's Capitain at the age of 19 and is def their best player by far.

Danijel Aleksic is going to be a huge riser. If SM is only going to give him a 79 then by the end of the season he should be at 85/86+...especially after the European Competition. If he does good in the U19 and if Serbia qualify for U21

then he'll most likely get a call up to our U21 squad as well. Shame he didn't go to Olympics. =/

Nenad Krsticic stats keep increasing year to year. This guy is something else. He's got good vision and he's a very solid player. I expect a great rise from him as well. He's def. OFK's best player and is barely turning 18 ;)

Of course i've already talked about Adem Ljajic in his own thread :D

Huge prospect for future.

Ljubomir Fejsa came to Partizan for the biggest amount of money Partizan has spent on a domestic players since buying the Real Madrid Legend-Predrag Mijatovic- He's only 19. He plays defensive midfielder. His passing is beautiful. He's with the Olympic team now and is doing a decent job. Once he gets fit in with Partizan I see good things coming from him as well.

Also, Predrag Pavlovic...He just came to Red Star Belgarde and is going to be one of our best players no doubt about it. Many videos of him on youtube. He's a very influential player.

I'll just add some other names down here as well. :)

*= very good player ATM

Partizan

Ivan Obradovic, Marko Jovanovic, Moreira*, Juca*, Milos Bogunovic, Diarra*, Nenad Marinkovic, Zoran Tosic*, Ljubomir Fejsa*

Red Star Belgrade

Sasa Stamenkovic*, Segundo Castillo*, Igor Burzanovic*, Ognjen Koroman, Nenad Milijas*, Edgar, Boban Maksimovic, Pavle Ninkov*, Predrag Pavlovic*

Vojvodina

Dusan Tadic*, Danijel Aleksic*, Igor Djuric*, Vuk Mitosevic, Zeljko Brkic, Zarko Lazetic

Cukaricki Stankom

Milan Vilotic*, Nebojsa Marinkovic*, Milan Bojovic, Lazar Popovic

OFK Belgrade

Bojan Saranov, Nenad Krsticic*, Andrija Kaludjerovic*, Dalibor Veselinovic, Rodoljub Marjanovic, Igor Misan*, William Artur De Oliveira*, Djordje Ivelja

Borac Cacak

Darko Lazetic*, Milos Stojcev, Bojan Pavlovic

Hajduk Kula

Drako Fejsa*, Nikola Komazec, Branislav Trajkovic

This is pretty much all the best players in Serbian League.

The best are from Partizan, Red Star, Vojvodina, and OFK....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First the Serbian SuperLiga I believe our league starts in 8 days.......... I'm expecting good things from Zvezda, Partizan, Vojvodina, and OFK- in that order- Now, i'll have to predict that current

Re: Serbian Talents and Risers

Re: Serbian Talents and Risers A collection of Serbian talent that I made: Nemanja Matic- He is on trial with some EPL clubs is quite the talent as well. Joined the Serbian squad for the Denmark gam

Zdravko Kuzmanovic-Fiorentina/20=

I'm awfully disssapointed and suprised that there isn't a thread about this wonderkid. He's 20 years old. Fiorentina consider him to be the next "Pirlo"

He was one of the most influential members in the squad last year and played more than anyone. Huge reason as to why Fiorentina were so successful. Arsenal tried to make a bid for him but Fiorentina rejected it in a heart beat. He's been a big time talent since the youth levels. I expect him to be worth 20 million+ in a few years and his rating for next season is going to sky rocket. Not just with Fiorentina but with Serbia :)

Branislav Ivanovic--Chelsea/21-I know what you are thinking. Well, he's been invisible for Chelsea last season. I'll tell you why. First of all he came from the Russian League. Their league was already over for 3 months and he was very much out of form. Then, when Ivanovic arrived he was had two minor injuries but it kept him out of the first team. Now, Chelsea have stated that Ivanovic will be in the starting team and he will a starter for the first couple of games. Now is the time to buy him. Milan and Juve are beggining to get him on loan and are even saying they would pay more than Chelsea payed for him to get them to their club.

He's a huge prospect and IMO could be one of the best defenders in the world soon.

Nemanja Vidic-Manchester United/26-

Speaking of best defenders in the world. :).....Nemanja Vidic..Need I say more. Honestly, this guy just keeps impressing year after year. Who knows what his potential can be. I rememebr when Serbia played against Germany in a friendly before EC....lol Vidic dismantled the whole front line of Germany by himself! This guy is seriously something else.

Miralem Sulejmani-Ajax/19-

He was named best young talent in Dutch First League last season and recieved the Johan Cruijff award. Some of the other names that have recieved this award: Huntelaar, RVN, Sneijder, Van Persie, Robben, Babel, etc etc. He is destined to be a star. :)

Ajax bought him this summer for a record breaking 19 million euros. Ajax has never spent any more money ever. The last person was Huntelaar for almost half the price! :eek:....

Slobodan Rajkovic-Chelsea/19-

He is currently on loan at Twente. Trust me guys....This guy is going to be amazing. He was a record breaking transfer from OFK Beograd to Chelsea for a teenager.I still don't know if anyone broke it yet. He transfered to Chelsea for 6.5 million Euros at the age of 16! :eek: He played for Serbia's U21 at the age of 16 as well! :eek: In the last couple of months..this guy has been side by side in quality as Nemanja Vidic. They remind me of each other so much. Except Vidic wasn't this good when he was younger. Rajkovic will be going to Chelsea in a year or two as they've stated. He also said he can't wait to play side by side next to Branislav Ivanovic. Also, for a CB he scored Serbia's only goal at the Olympics so far in a 1-1 draw with Australia. It was number 2 goal of the highlights from top 8 all the goals from 16 teams. Even better than Argentina's and Italy's goal. Beautiful header :)

Aleksandar Kolarov-Lazio/22-

Aleksandar Kolarov....This guy has a rocket launcher for a foot. Just go look up the videos on youtube. He's got one of the best free kicks in the world. Every goalkeeper fears him. He plays Left Back but likes to attack(who wouldn't with that foot :P)...He's at the Olympics now and is one of Serbia's main guys. He's already full A International player for Serbia. He'll be our future at LB. People call him the next Roberto Carlos or Sinisa Mihajlovic(Serbian Legend)...I wouldn't mind being called either one :D

Bosko Jankovic-Palermo/24-

Boso Jankovic had one of the worst seasons last year for Palermo. The coach didn't like him because he couldn't speak Italian well. They had some other differences, so Jankovic was benched all season. The coach was fired 5 games before the season was over and Bosko began to shine. He was named best player of the week 2 times in those 5 weeks that remained in Italian League. He was extremely effective from right winger and free role position in Center. After the season was over...Bayern Munich, Juventus, and other clubs wanted to get him while he is still cheap but Palermo smartly offered a new contract and kept the Serbian wiz. He's Serbia's best technical player. His dribbling is a weaker version of Cristiano Ronaldo's. If you watch his video on youtube you'll see he plays very similar to Ronaldo. IMO I believe he will be Serbia's best player in a year or two. I have so much hope for him. He's extremly extremely talented. He was Serbia's best player when we got silver in Euro U21 in 2007. So, don't give up hope on him and keep a close eye on him B)...Also, Palermo has played 2 friendlies so far this season and Bosko has scored in both. :)

Players that are extremely good and have unlimited potential

Milos Krasic-CSKA/24-

He is the Serbian Pavel Nedved. He's extremely good at dribbling. His speed is superb. It's a shame he plays for an "OK" club. He needs to go to Western Europe to showcase his skills. He plays the free role and does it quite well. He's been in superb form for CSKA even though they aren't playing well. He's their best player and by the Winter Transfers I expect him to go to a good western Europe side in a big league. I'd keep a very very close eye on him. :)

Stefan Babovic-Nantes/21-

He is the best player at Nantes. He's the main reason they were promoted to Liege 1. He was supposed to go to Olympics but Nantes blocked him and Serbia is now going to sue them :P...He was supposed to be our best player at Olympics and is extremely fast! He runs up and down the flanks like nothing. He loves the Right winger position. He's just as good at Attacking Midfielder/Striker. I'd keep a close eye on him this season.

Gojko Kacar-Hertha Berlin/20-

I've never heard of or seen a player that can play defense and offense just as effectivle. He can play Striker, defensive center, defensive middle, right back, just about anything! :eek: He was the best player in Serbian SuperLeague last year before moving to Hertha. He had about 12 goals at half season playing as a defensive mid! hah..He's now second best player at Hertha after Marko Pantelic and I expect a big club to pick him up in a year or two because he keeps improving day after day. :)

Milan Smiljanic-Espanyol Barcelona/21-

He plays defensive mid as well. He sometimes seems invisible but that's because nobody see's all the hard work he does. He doesn't attack much but his passing is beautiful. He's very strong on defense. His tackles are superb as well. I haven't watched him as much as I would have liked to but he's a starter in Olympics, so if you want watch the Serbian NT :).....He's great as a right winger also. He makes beautiful high crosses.

Nikola Gulan-Fiorentina/19-

He's got great potential. He played in the Europe vs Africa game a couple years ago which included stars like Bojan Krkic, Marko Marin, etc etc. He's at the Olympics now and he was one of the best players for Serbia again Australia. He's very quick and has great dribbling. He can play any position in midfield. He likes to push up the left plank though and does it extremely well. I think he'll be getting some chances in first team for Fiorentina. He's got great potential

Nikola Zigic-Valencia/27-

Everyone has given up hope on him except for me. I don't understand. If you look at his records he's scored 71 goals for Red Star in 110 games. He's scored 19 goals in 32 games for Racing from Spain. He's scored 7 goals for Valencia in 14 games of all competition. He's bagged 11 goals in 29 games for Serbia. He's a prolific goal scorer but isn't given the chance. Valencia are thinking about sending him out on loan. I'm still not done about him. :)

Danko Lazovic-PSV/24-

He's been great for PSV. He was out of form and injured for the last couple of games or he could have scored a lot more and got them through in Uefa Cup. I think he has the potential to be a lot better. He's very quick. Intelligent and has great technique, which most strikers lack. His finishing is superb. He has a great header as well. Danko is the man. :)..Keep an eye on him.

Marko Basa-Le Mans/25-

Shame he doesn't get to show what he's made of for a good club or Serbia since we are packed on defense. He's very good with his head and his tackles are like Vidic's. He's a very good defender. Clubs like Werder Bremen and Fiorentina are looking to get his service. He's got great potential and could be a very strong CB in the future for a great club and even potential to play for Serbia. He's worth around 8 million euros.

Notable Mentions

Vladimir Stojkovic

Nenad Kovacevic

Milos Krstic

Milan Jovanovic

Marko Pantelic

Dejan Milovanovic

Dejan Stankovic-He'll have a good season this year..Trust me :)

Antonio Rukavina

Sasa Ilic

Filip Djordjevic

Also, some of the foreign talent that have a choice to play for Serbia...

of course we all know the best wonderkid...

Bojan Krkic-Barcelona/18-He's still not sure who to play for. Most likely Spain after EC win :(

Nikola Saric-Liverpool/17- Great potential this kid has.

I'll keep adding here as the season moves along or if I missed anyone i'll add.

Please give me your opinion as well if you know someone in your domestic league or not.

Thanks and hopefully this is some good information.

I'd mainly keep a close eye on those World Class talents and they are must buys now before their prices sky rocket. :)

Krkic is playing for spain

Yeah...but it doesn't mean he can't play for Serbia. Just like Nikola Saric.

He hasn't played an international game for Spain.

Krkic stated himself that he's isn' sure yet because his mom is making pressure on him. That's why Krkic denied to play for 2 of Spains friendlies and European Championship.

Just a friednly would have sealed the deal.

So, please don't tell me about Krkic. Nobody knows more about him than me :)

I hope Pantelic rises. I have him' date=' but he hasn't been doing much in the past season :( .[/quote']

Don't worry. He's scored about 5 goals in the last 3 games :)..

Friendlies and Euro competition.

He scored today I believe as well..Or yesterday.

He's in great form. He's scored for Serbia 2 times in last 3 games. So, I'd expect a lot from him...He'll be rising quite well.

Isn't Ivanovic 24, not 21? And he's expected to play ahead of Bosingwa? I'd be surprised, considering Grant signed him, and now Scolari's taken over he'd be more likely to use a player he's managed for years rather than unknown Serbian who the previous manager signed (not saying Ivanovic isn't good, just saying I'd be surprised if he started).

Nonetheless, quality thread, definitely a lot of players to keep our eyes out for. :)

Isn't Ivanovic 24' date=' not 21? And he's expected to play ahead of Bosingwa? I'd be surprised, considering Grant signed him, and now Scolari's taken over he'd be more likely to use a player he's managed for years rather than unknown Serbian who the previous manager signed (not saying Ivanovic isn't good, just saying I'd be surprised if he started).

Nonetheless, quality thread, definitely a lot of players to keep our eyes out for. :)[/quote']

Yeah, sorry about that.. :)..He's 24 misprint.

Well, for the first couple of games Boswinga will be injured and Ivanovic is going to get the chance to prove himself....

Lets all remember here that Scolari knows Branislav quite well from Euro qualifiers when Portugal was up 1-0 and were sure to get that first spot in qualifying but Stankovic's free kick to Branislav Ivanovic and 1-1. I'm sure Scolari never forgot that. So, he knows Bane has potential to be a great player.

But yes, unless something has chanced and Boswinga is better now, Ivanovic should be starting the first couple of games. Hopefully he proves himself.

Ivanovic is a much better offensive player than Boswinga.

nice thread buddy...i want to know' date=' what do you think about Bremen's left-back Dusko Tosic ?[/quote']

Started off the season quite well actually. I watched a couple of his games and he seemed to be one of their most offesnive influences in the game! :eek:

He has some very nice passes and goes up and down the flank quite well. He's not that good of a one on one defender though. He's more of an offensive player. Anyhow, bad coach and team atmosphere caused him to have low self-esteem and pretty much didn't play for the rest of the season. I'd really like to see him change clubs. But it seems as though Werder is giving him more chances now and in a recent friendly he scored the only goal for Werder, so it seems as though he's got potential but we shall see.

Anyhow, he's nothing more than a sub for Serbian NT because that back line is just superb. World Class in my opinion. Our problem is that we don't have players that can finish the ball. Hopefully in a couple of years Danijel Aleksic and Miralem Sulejmani can bring this for us.

All in all, i'd say if you have Tosic keep him around. If not, I don't know what to say. It's really your opinion if you want to get him or not. He's probably going to get a decrease but will rise hopefully after Olympics and so on.

Serbia 90 percent out of Olympics.

HAHA

Dusko Tosic sucked.

Slobodan Rajkovic scored..an OWN goal! :mad:

I understand that we were missing our 4 best players. But we still had the talent to win. All the goals Ivory Coast scored were counterattack. Stupid mistakes. I supported Djukic this whole time but it's time for him to get fired. He hasn't won 1 single game in 2008!!! NOT 1 game. He doesn't look nervous or worried at all about his future. This is quite pathetic. Serbia is the laughing stock of Europe.

Sorry guys but i'm extremely mad and displeased that we haven't formed to win one single game in 2008. This is quite pathetic. If we don't qualify for WC 2010 i'm done with football in general. :mad:

Serbia 90 percent out of Olympics.

HAHA

Dusko Tosic sucked.

Slobodan Rajkovic scored..an OWN goal! :mad:

I understand that we were missing our 4 best players. But we still had the talent to win. All the goals Ivory Coast scored were counterattack. Stupid mistakes. I supported Djukic this whole time but it's time for him to get fired. He hasn't won 1 single game in 2008!!! NOT 1 game. He doesn't look nervous or worried at all about his future. This is quite pathetic. Serbia is the laughing stock of Europe.

Sorry guys but i'm extremely mad and displeased that we haven't formed to win one single game in 2008. This is quite pathetic. If we don't qualify for WC 2010 i'm done with football in general. :mad:

We have been Poor this year to be honest :( But i honestly thing with the talent we have we can make WC 2010 :) But things have to change!

saw the game and Serbia were not really at their best, dont know what happend to them on the field...they have such a promising squad.

Tosic sucked....

anyway...sticking to the topic, im thinking of selling Tosic but i have another Serbian LB in my sight....Lazio's Kolarov, how highly do you rate this kid ?

hes not that famous in Serbia right after the Cukaricki controversy?

saw the game and Serbia were not really at their best' date=' dont know what happend to them on the field...they have such a promising squad.

Tosic sucked....

anyway...sticking to the topic, im thinking of selling Tosic but i have another Serbian LB in my sight....Lazio's Kolarov, how highly do you rate this kid ?

hes not that famous in Serbia right after the Cukaricki controversy?[/quote']

Well, we are missing Sulejmani, Kuzmanovic, Babovic, Djordjevic, among others.

Plus, due to the clubs some of our players came a day before the Olympic games. (Gojko Kacar and Dusko Tosic) They had no time to practice with the team or anything...

Honestly, the only positives are that Zoran Tosic, Dusan Tadic, and Gojko Kacar played really well. We hold the ball to long and it's obvious that we were lacking our strikers(Sulejmani, Babovic, Djordjevic) and we couldn't do too much about it. Ivory Coast was too fast for us. Our defenders kept trying to get them offside but their counterattack was too superior to us. Rajkovic could have played much better but I don't blame him. The worst player on pitch was Dusko Tosic. He needs to learn that he's not a defender and can't defend if his life depended on it.

So, all in all----Zoran Tosic, Dusan Tadic, Gojko Kacar, Ljubomir Fejsa, Nikola Gulan, Aleksandar Kolarov, and at times Slobodan Rajkovic all showed that they have a good future ahead of them.

I as well believe that we can qualify for WC 2010 but it's going to take a lot of motivation and hopefully not winning a single game in 2008 is good enough motive.

Tosic sucks. sell him right away :)

And i'd rate Kolarov very high. I have no idea why he didn't play today. He was supposed to be our best player at tournament, since Sulejmani, Kuzmanovic, Babovic, and Djordjevic were missing.

The best things about Kolarov is that he knows how to attack but at the same time go bacak to defense and defend. He should have started over Tosic 100%..maybe he was injured or something. Kolarov's free kick is a 20/20

Didn't get much of a chance to show it at Olympics but if you google him you'll find out more :). Or youtube him. This was a good preperation for Djukic to see who's ready for the A NT and to bring up the players that deserved. It's just a shame that we couldn't see more of those 4 players that I listed above. The results first of all would have been different and secondly, the world could have seen the more talented and organized side of Serbia. :)

Also, i'd say Milan Smiljanic played quite well.

Hi guys i noticed that DelijaZauvjek and ScOuT are both Serbian and live over there just found out that the rating changes are a matter of days away. I have a few good risers and talents from the serbian league Adamovic, Ljajic, Krsticic and Aleksic. Is there anybody i am missing out on here? would appreciate it if you have the time thanks.

Hi guys i noticed that DelijaZauvjek and ScOuT are both Serbian and live over there just found out that the rating changes are a matter of days away. I have a few good risers and talents from the serbian league Adamovic' date=' Ljajic, Krsticic and Aleksic. Is there anybody i am missing out on here? would appreciate it if you have the time thanks.[/quote']

Dusan Tadic is a must buy. This guy was one of our best performers at the Olympics....He has more potential than Stefan Babovic from Nantes. Tadic is really great at dribbling and has great vision with nice speed.

I don't know how much Zoran Tosic is worth but he's a great buy as well. He was the best performer at Olympics for Serbia. Tadic was second best. Tosic just dominated but didn't have much help because we lacked strikers for Olympics. He was all over the place. His dribbling and speed are superb. He had some nice back heel passes that almost gave us goals(once again we lacked strikers)...

Besides those players I don't know if you'd want anyone else.

Ljubomir Fejsa is good too. If you have enough money to bid for him. He'll be a def. starter for Partizan and one of their better players soon.

Adamovic kind of died in the scene a few years ago lol.

Still worthy keeping him around but his partner Nikola Gulan is a good buy. He def. impressed at Olympics despite being a couple of years younger than everyone else. He's quick and controlls the midfield quite well.

Pretty much all the players I listed in the first page in the first couple of posts by me are all the players you should be looking at. Check em out and do some research if you'd like and buy them :)

Ljajic and Aleksic best two buys for how much they are worth and how much they will be worth in a couple years. :)