The Division 4 Challenge!

Seftinho

Re: The Division 4 Challenge!

I have a Shield match against Arsenal today for my Grimsby Town! This match will be unpredictable for me. The Arsenal manager has only played 4-5-1 in the last two matches, but won neither. Before that, he was on a winning streak with a 4-4-2 Diamond. I can't decide what to use. :confused: I might just go 5-4-1. :P

I'm really strict nowadays after the debt scare I had last season. I have £6.1M, and I'm limiting myself to a minimum of £3M.

Ben Reado FoRuM has decided to resign from Huddersfield Town after 57 games in charge.

:eek:

Sorry :o. Lost them due to log in days. Forgot about them. I hate to think how they're doing. I'm doing the Rochdale challenge thing now and am almost at the same stage already. Will use that as my team for this thread now as well.

Broun 83

Marcano 84 - Subotic 85 - Compper 84

santana 83 - Carioca 86 - Magrao 86 - Salvio 85

Dzagoev 87

Higuain 90 - Helmes 87

This is my team just before the start of the new season(2nd season). Douglas should replace Marcano when he rises. In terms of wingers I have no one lined up so any suggestions would be useful. Want a keeper as well. And no problems regarding money. I have 30 million to spend:eek::D. Should I buy Asenjo or romero? I am leaning towards Asenjo atm. And will probs snap up Lemoine as well.

I have a Shield match against Arsenal today for my Grimsby Town! This match will be unpredictable for me. The Arsenal manager has only played 4-5-1 in the last two matches' date=' but won neither. Before that, he was on a winning streak with a 4-4-2 Diamond. I can't decide what to use. :confused: I might just go 5-4-1. :P

I'm really strict nowadays after the debt scare I had last season. I have £6.1M, and I'm limiting myself to a minimum of £3M.[/quote']

Yeah i am doing one with Grimsby

2nd to a golden oldie Bradford with a load of risers lined up.

out of both cups lost to Bolton in the cup.After beating Birmingham and Fulham.

The sheild was a diaster as i got knocked out by Bradford

I am always in debt and it hurts so bad and when i go up i would love a staduim increase

Yeah i am doing one with Grimsby

2nd to a golden oldie Bradford with a load of risers lined up.

out of both cups lost to Bolton in the cup.After beating Birmingham and Fulham.

The sheild was a diaster as i got knocked out by Bradford

I am always in debt and it hurts so bad and when i go up i would love a staduim increase

I didn't get one when I went up. :( The cash injection and prize money got me out of debt though. :)

Nooooo!! I don't believe it!!! In a rush to sign all the German risers' date=' I accidently offered £8.8m AND Rafael Carioca for Renato Augusto! £8.8m is his chairman's value alone!

Only just noticed this morning, but the deal's already been completed. :(

Argh![/quote']

After you saying to me about p/e's to out of set up teams too :rolleyes::D

Feel bad for you though :( At least the way the ratings are taking forever you have a good chance of getting him back before they do Russia.

Hi, I've just finished my first season with a Rotherham side & wanted to take the opportunity to brag about my success:D

I'll try and put some screenshots up (hope they work) - has anyone ever started a 'Division 4 Challenge' more emphatically than winning the league with 102 points, +118 goal difference & 30 consecutive wins?

RUt.jpg

RUs.jpg

RUh.jpg

NB: My squad has only just got to be so good, most of the year I played with a team of mostly South American risers. This squad was built on the back of Seftinho's and Radebe's risers threads, so credit to them.

Hi' date=' I've just finished my first season with a Rotherham side & wanted to take the opportunity to brag about my success:D

I'll try and put some screenshots up (hope they work) - has anyone ever started a 'Division 4 Challenge' more emphatically than winning the league with 102 points, +118 goal difference & 30 consecutive wins?

[img']http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww334/RikMaiden/RUt.jpg[/img]

RUs.jpg

RUh.jpg

NB: My squad has only just got to be so good, most of the year I played with a team of mostly South American risers. This squad was built on the back of Seftinho's and Radebe's risers threads, so credit to them.

great team there.

can u manage the finances?

I have a bradford, currently in season 2. 10 more games to the end of the season and i was kicked out of the shield in the semis by man utd on penalties. Reached the cup finals and will be facing man utd again.

my only 90+ players are higuain, gago and chiellini lol.

scored 140, conceded 27, GD of 113 and ended season 1 with 100 points. So u're better :D

keep it up!

Haha, yes, 'only' 100 points is rubbish:D

I have £5.8 million & (hopefully) an injection of cash from the chairman on Monday. I also have another 20 risers to sell in my youth team. I expect I'll go into debt but I should get out of it once I sell off the risers.

My wage bill is now £650K per week & my gate Receipts only £300K last year :eek: That should go up next year but finances are still a bit precarious. I thought that my big 4 (Amauri, Fabiano, Senna & Simao) were worth the risk though, because if I wait someone else will snap them up & my current squad 'should' win Div 3 fairly easily. Anyway my squad value is £180 million with risers to come so I can always sell a few off if it gets too much. The likes of Gourcuff, Brighi & Molinaro will all be signed up on 5 year, £20K a week contracts on Monday before they hit their expected 90/91s so the squad should remain strong regardless.

Nice team there Rik. :)

A few rises later and my young side improves again. Just awaiting German and then French changes now. :)

This will be my first team once the changes happen. Predicted rating is in brackets.

Romero 87

Henrique 86 (88) - Moreno 87 - Beck 85 (88)

Vidal 88 (89)

Beerens 87 - Augusto 88 (90) - Lemoine 86 (88?) - Bastos 88 (89)

Helmes 87 (89) - Hoarau 87 (89)

Average Age/Rating:- 22/88

Not bad for Div 3 eh? Sadly results don't reflect the rating, this team is really questioning my managerial skills. :( Beat Portsmouth in the Cup mind.

This is my expected cup team. Again, projected ratings in brackets.

Eilhoff 84 (87)

Wiel 86 - Subotic 85 (87) - Tremoulinas 84 (87)

Kacar 86 (88?)

Weis 83 (87) - Dzagoev 87 - Machado 85 (87) - Nicu 84 (87)

Hamdaoui 88 - Janko 88

Average Age/Rating:- 23/87

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=709157&clubid=3162609&sid=15600

:)

Seft we really have good teams:p

Romero 87

Douglas 86 - Subotic 85 - Henrique 86

Weis 83 - Carioca 86 - Lemoine 86 - Salvio 85

Renato 88

Higuain 90 - Agbonlahor 90

Romero 87

Marcano 84 - Compper 84 - Schaffer 84

Pio 83 - Magrao 86 - Zucullini 84 - Taison 83

Dzagoev 87

Sercan 83 - Carusso 83

As you can see your 2nd team is miles better than mine.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

bradford.png

bradfordyouth.png

Both Cesar Sanchez and O'Hara are loans in, Fabio is loaned out :)

With 9 games to go, we are 2nd, above 3rd placed Luton on GD but on a good run of form after slipping up when the new match engine was brought in

Lost the Shield Quarter Final 1-0 to Doncaster, and the Cup semi to Chelsea on penalties after a 1-1 draw

Have 5 more bids in, with another couple shortlisted for when I raise more cash :)

League team:

Romero 87

Beck 88 - Henrique 88 - Geromel 88

Kacar 88

R. Augusto 88 - Ederson 89 - Vidal 88 - Bastos 88

Helmes 89 - Ibisevic 88

Cup team:

Romero 87

VD Wiel 86 - Subotic 87 - Moreno 87

Lemoine 86

Nicu 87 - Weis 87 - Dzagoev 87 - Beerens 87

El Hamdaoui 88 - Janko 88

Cover Team:

Eilhoff 86

Douglas 86 - Howedes 86 - Tremoulinas 84

Isla 86

Baumjohann 85 - Machdo 85 - Fer 85 - Biseswar 85

Toivonen 86 - Hoarau 87

Don't worry, I will begin to sell some of these once their TB's go.

Wanted Gourcuff but Liverpool had him, so I had to settle for Ederson. With luck, he should become my first player to break the 90 barrier. Then I will look and see if the likes of Mata, Marchisio, Pato and Higuain are available.

After a terrible start, we've now gone 11 games unbeaten in all comps (9 of those wins). Still in both cups; face Preston tomorrow in Shield 3, and face Sheff. Wed. next Monday in Cup 4.

I hav crewe alexandra. Im 5 games into second season(division3)

My team:

Gk haas86 renan84 DEF moisander85 schaffer84 rauch82 VDwiel86 thiagiunho85 ivan84 danny83 roncaglia83 chico83 MID vitale83 weis87 sandro85 pezzoni84 jumar84 busquet85 carioca86 wijnaldum85 dzagoev87 nicu87 taison83

FOR elhammadiou88 ibisevic88 lewandowski85 viatri85 arnautovic85

I have a Bristol Rovers in an EC but i am making it harder for myself, as i like a challenge. I am only buying english players. I am currently investing in the likes of Jay Simpson, Ross Jenkins, Dan Gosling and Jack Rodwell.

Simpson has impressed since going out on loan from Arsenal to West Brom. Cert Rise into the 80's.

Dan Gosling and Jack Rodwell have broken into the Everton first team, this may be because of injuries to the team but still they are performing. Both of them under 20 and going to be risers to around 83/84.

Ross Jenkins has impressed at Watford he is a all around Midfielder which is good for cup games/suspensions and injuries to better players. A rise to around 80.

Hope this helps anyone on the Div 4 Challenge :)

• 4 weeks later...

José FERNANDO TORRES has completed his move to Huddersfield Town from Fenerbahçe for £60,000,000 plus Savio NSEREKO and Dmitri RYZHOV

My Hudds just completed the signing of Fernando Torres minutes ago! :) Paid a total of 61 million for him due to competition from Manchester United and Liverpool. His chariman value was 40 million. I have been managing them from the start, now 9 games into the 2nd season. My starting eleven looks like this:

Frey

Sagna - Mexes - Chellini

Senna

Robben - Alonso - Carrick - Zhirkov

Eto'o - Torres

Most of my first XI players could rise in the rating changes, i.e Chellini, Robben, Carrick, Alonso so I'm really proud of my team :P Will post a screenie in the next few days!

My Hudds just completed the signing of Fernando Torres minutes ago! :) Paid a total of 61 million for him due to competition from Manchester United and Liverpool. His chariman value was 40 million. I have been managing them from the start' date=' now 9 games into the 2nd season. My starting eleven looks like this:

[center']Frey

Sagna - Mexes - Chellini

Senna

Robben - Alonso - Carrick - Zhirkov

Eto'o - Torres[/center]

Most of my first XI players could rise in the rating changes, i.e Chellini, Robben, Carrick, Alonso so I'm really proud of my team :P

And i thought my Brentford was impressive.....

Well done m8

Just as a comparison this is where i am at the same point:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=73446&clubid=10550400&sid=11533

League forms horrendus but theres alot of talent there..

And i thought my Brentford was impressive.....

Well done m8

Just as a comparison this is where i am at the same point:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=73446&clubid=10550400&sid=11533

League forms horrendus but theres alot of talent there..

Thanks mate. Your team's amazing too! The difference being I sold off my talented players once they rose, e.g Sergio Busquets, Dzagoev, Ivan Marcano etc. Reason being I couldn't afford to wait for the young lads to rise as by then, the high 90s will be snapped up by the usual big teams like Manchester United, Chelsea etc. :confused: