The Division 4 Challenge!

Re: The Division 4 Challenge!

Two games left in division 3 and I am going to be crowned champions with 99 points at the moment I want to get over 100 points though which shouldn't be too hard. Only had one loss this season and three draws (excluding cups in which I got to the semi final of both), looking forward to division 2:D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Division 4 Challenge! Darlington finally complete The Division 4 Challenge! After successive 1st place finishes to get into Division 1 we finished 2nd for two successive seasons. Fortunately

Re: The Division 4 Challenge! Finally done this.

Doing alright so far with my Darlington

My team so far

bolat

Van Der Wiel-Thiago Silva/kjaer-cissokho

busquets

pablo-moutihno/marchisio-giovinco-hazard

hulk-jovetic

Got some youth players in like lukaku(score 12 goals in 15 games :eek:), neymar,munian and others

Currently 1 point behind Derby and its the last game of the season(hope history can repeat itself since I won the league on the final day on identical circumstances).

Looking to purchase a 90+ gk and get rid of bolat to fund it anyone got any ideas?

smhudd1st.png

Finally completed the challenge. Lost interest in the end, didn't submit for the remaining five or six games of the season and lost around 20 players whose contract expired, although none of them were first teamers as far as I can see.

Anybody want them? Not interested in them anymore. Here is the team:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=709157&clubid=3162609&sid=15600

smhudd1st.png

Finally completed the challenge. Lost interest in the end' date=' didn't submit for the remaining five or six games of the season and lost around 20 players whose contract expired, although none of them were first teamers as far as I can see.

[url']http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=709157&clubid=3162609&sid=15600[/url]

I'll have them if your offering. :)

Finally completed the challenge. Lost interest in the end' date=' didn't submit for the remaining five or six games of the season [b']and lost around 20 players whose contract expired[/b], although none of them were first teamers as far as I can see.

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=709157&clubid=3162609&sid=15600

They get automatically renewed.. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Have made some major changes to my Swindon Town team.

(Currently TOP of Divison 3 after 5 games)

Line-Up:

Bolat

Arbeloa Albiol T. Silva Bastos

Snejder Rodwell (L)

Kalou Giovinco Pedro

Bojan

Plenty of back up aswell, notable back upo (85+'s):

Bassong - 88

Keirrson - 87

Yannick - 87

Neymar - 86

Yarmolenko - 86

Anichibe - 86 (L)

Mkhirtiryan - 85

Muniain - 85

Still working progress & i've had to sacrifice some very good players to get the likes of Sneijder, Albiol & Arbeloa through the door, so lacking one or two players that could have been in handy (88+ GK, 88+ DM, 90+ LM/Wing, Solid L/B)

Since my last post on my Notts County, my unbeaten run of 42 league games came to an end with a 2-1 defeat to Leeds. :(

Apart from that, it's all gone fine though with me being 4 points clear in the league after 9 games, and a nice goal difference of +38. As well as knocking Chelsea out of the Cup on Monday. :)

Results so far;

Norwich 0-4 Notts County

Notts County 5-0 Doncaster

Notts County 7-0 Bristol Rovers

Brighton 1-3 Notts County

Notts County 1-2 Leeds

Oldham 0-9 Notts County

Notts County 2-0 Southampton

Millwall 1-7 Notts County

Notts County 7-3 Brentford

Had a bye in the first rounds of Cup & Shield.

English Cup Round 2: Chelsea 3-4 Notts County

Sold off the risers from Argentina recently, and brought in De Gea (2m) and Kjaer (12.2m).

Top scorer, Granero with 10 goals and 13 assists in 9 games. Overall, he's played 23 games for me, with 26 goals, 22 assists with an average rating of 9.13 :D

Have 7.3m left after buying Kjaer, likely to partly go on a new keeper, with the rest for new risers. Forgot to add I'll be selling Muslera as well so should get just under 8m for him. ;)

Have made some major changes to my Swindon Town team.

(Currently TOP of Divison 3 after 5 games)

Line-Up:

Bolat

Arbeloa Albiol T. Silva Bastos

Snejder Rodwell (L)

Kalou Giovinco Pedro

Bojan

Plenty of back up aswell' date=' notable back upo (85+'s):

Bassong - 88

Keirrson - 87

Yannick - 87

Neymar - 86

Yarmolenko - 86

Anichibe - 86 (L)

Mkhirtiryan - 85

Muniain - 85

Still working progress & i've had to sacrifice some very good players to get the likes of Sneijder, Albiol & Arbeloa through the door, so lacking one or two players that could have been in handy (88+ GK, 88+ DM, 90+ LM/Wing, Solid L/B)[/font']

Your team is looking very good now :) Division 1 in no time

Mine is looking like :

Romero (88)

Rossi (87) Planus (89) Van Buyten (90) Brown (89)

Marchisio (90) Motta (89)

Pedro (88) Granero (88) Perotti (89)

Zamora (87)

Bench - Dealbert (87) , Bonnuci (86) , Yarmolenko (86) , Candreva (87) , Barrios (87)

Other Players above 85 - Astori (85), Ranocchia (86) , Khacheridi (86) , Rakytskyy (86) , Boghossian (85) , Muller (85) , Coentrao (85)

Also now have 55 players not including the 3 out on loan one being Botia and Munian (85) and have badstuber coming in soon with £4,000,000 ready to buy him just waiting for his TB to finish :) , squad value is around 220 million and im only 3 games into division 3 :)

I have a pretty poor sqaud compared to the rest of you with my Rochdale

Iikura(82)

Dalton(82) Khacherdi(86) Pryima(80)

Kirillov(82)

Gatagov(84) Holodyuk(82) Nouri(85) Merdia(83)

Kakauta(77) Yarmmolenko(86)

6th place in the league had a pap start to the season. Have no cash and most of my sqaud is tb. Have a few other div 4 challanges

I haven't posted on my Darlington team on this thread, but I took up a Division 4 challenge with them last year and I was successfully promoted with them as champions from Division 4 to Division 1 :D.

I'm currently 17 games into the fourth season and I'm not doing too great at the moment. I struggled for the first few games with tactics to suit the better rated teams, but I've recently hit good form and I'm looking to close the 11 point gap from 1st place :o I should really be higher up the table with the team that I possess.

Here's my team:

Buffon (96)

Maicon (95) Metresacker (93) Cannavaro (93) Evra (94)

Iniesta (96) Essien (95) Diego (94) David Silva (93)

Rooney (96) David Villa (96)

Notable Others: Frey (Will use in p/e for Eto'o), Pique, Sagna, Schweinsteger, Simao, Hamsik, Negredo and Pato

I'm currently playing 4-4-2 diamond with Essien playing in the holding role, and Diego playing in the attacking role. However, with Eto'o being sold to an external club by Arsenal, I'll be looking to bring him in with my large amount of cash and I'll swap my formation to a prefered 3-4-1-2 :)

I haven't posted on my Darlington team on this thread' date=' but I took up a Division 4 challenge with them last year and I was successfully promoted with them as champions from Division 4 to Division 1 :D.

I'm currently 17 games into the fourth season and I'm not doing too great at the moment. I struggled for the first few games with tactics to suit the better rated teams, but I've recently hit good form and I'm looking to close the 11 point gap from 1st place :o I should really be higher up the table with the team that I possess.

Here's my team:

[center']Buffon (96)

Maicon (95) Metresacker (93) Cannavaro (93) Evra (94)

Iniesta (96) Essien (95) Diego (94) David Silva (93)

Rooney (96) David Villa (96)[/center]

Notable Others: Frey (Will use in p/e for Eto'o), Pique, Sagna, Schweinsteger, Simao, Hamsik, Negredo and Pato

I'm currently playing 4-4-2 diamond with Essien playing in the holding role, and Diego playing in the attacking role. However, with Eto'o being sold to an external club by Arsenal, I'll be looking to bring him in with my large amount of cash and I'll swap my formation to a prefered 3-4-1-2 :)

That's a pretty amazing side :)

Guess your either going to, or watching the match tonight :)

Didn't have the funds to complete the signing of Raul Albiol at the moment, so i'm having to wait a while to capture Albiol.

Sneijder will be my key to success at the moment, cost me over 27 million to sign him so he needs to be quality

That's a pretty amazing side :)

Guess your either going to' date=' or watching the match tonight :)

Didn't have the funds to complete the signing of Raul Albiol at the moment, so i'm having to wait a while to capture Albiol.

Sneijder will be my key to success at the moment, cost me over 27 million to sign him so he needs to be quality[/quote']

Thanks mate :)

Unfortunately I can't go to the match tonight because I was unable to get tickets :( However, I'll be cheering on from the sofa :P

I was also wondering how my attendances compare with people's attendances who also have clubs in Division 1. I'm currently averaging 19 105 a game even though my stadium sits up to 25 000. B)

Thanks mate :)

Unfortunately I can't go to the match tonight because I was unable to get tickets :( However' date=' I'll be cheering on from the sofa :P

I was also wondering how my attendances compare with people's attendances who also have clubs in Division 1. I'm currently averaging 19 105 a game even though my stadium sits up to 25 000. B)[/quote']

I'll be on the sofa aswell unfortunatly. Would have been able to get a ticket as i'm a season ticket holder & have 4 away stubs this season, i've already been to the stadium though (Wales-Scotland) and it's worse than any other Lego land i've been to.

Well i only have a 12,000 at Swindon, and my average is around 9,000 but i get a full house for the big games

My Huddersfield Town is leading Division 1 by 6 points with 8 games to go :)

Currently in its 4th season after consecutive promotions from Div 4 to Div 1 when I took them over at the start. Also managed to win a English Cup and a Shield in my time at the helm so far.

First XI

Casillas

Maicon - Vidic - Chiellini

X.Alonso

C.Ronaldo - Kaka - Xavi - Iniesta

Messi - Fernando Torres

Second String

Casillas

D.Alves - Pique - Kjaer

Mascherano

David Silva - Pjanic - Marchisio - Ozil

Pato - Balotelli

My Huddersfield Town is leading Division 1 by 6 points with 8 games to go :)

Currently in its 4th season after consecutive promotions from Div 4 to Div 1 when I took them over at the start. Also managed to win a English Cup and a Shield in my time at the helm so far.

First XI

Casillas

Maicon - Vidic - Chiellini

X.Alonso

C.Ronaldo - Kaka - Xavi - Iniesta

Messi - Fernando Torres

Second String

Casillas

D.Alves - Pique - Kjaer

Mascherano

David Silva - Pjanic - Marchisio - Ozil

Pato - Balotelli

I Do Envy You Greatly. :)

• 1 month later...

Right, time for an update with my Swindon Town.

This is now my current squad:

Romero

Arbeloa Albiol T.Silva Cissokho

VDV Schweinsteiger

Olic Sneijder Robben

Miilito

Other Notable Players:

Kalou, 90

Bassong, 88

Pedro, 88

Top of Divison 3, with 18 games played i've picked up 47 points (15 W, 2 D, 1 L)

Recentley signed Olic, Schweinsteiger & Cissokho. Opted for Cissokho over Capdevila, as i'm confident he will rise to at least 90 in the French changes. Chose to buy Schweinsteiger instead of someone likes Diarra or Pirlo, giving me enough funds to sign Olic.

Going well for my Notts County at the moment, after 23 games in Division 3 I'm 15 points clear having Won 19, Drawn 3, Lost 1.

Scored 97 goals so far in the league, so a nice GD of +75 :D

Since the last post, I've sold Muslera and replaced him with Sebastien Frey. Now in debt though :/

Problem for me is, I find it difficult to sell the players I have and so don't improve the squad. For example, my strikers;

Paloschi - Played 4 - 8 goals - 5 assists - 9.25 average, coming after his 35 goals and 35 assists last season

Santa Cruz - Played 18 - 15 goals - 13 assists - 8.78

Saha - Played 9 - 10 goals - 7 assists - 9.22

Castillejos - Played 9 - 5 goals - 7 assists - 8.22

I even had to loan Villalba and Jose Baxter when I had injuries, Villalba has 2 goals in 2 games, and Baxter 4 in 3!

So I don't really want to get rid of any of them :o

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy. Second seasson 2. First season came 2nd in div got promoted. This season half way through Third and won the cup and semis in shield.

Patrico/88

Azapilcueto/88 - Rannocchia/86 - Marcano/88 - Cissokho/89

Sissoko/89

Javi Martines/89 --- Dorrans/85

Alexis Sanchez/88 -----------------------------Marin/89

Mandzukic/89

Yeah dunno what to do now :o

Any Tips ?.. Have 3.4 Million :(

EDIT. They come of TB from the 5 jul to the 13th jul