The Division 4 Challenge!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Division 4 Challenge!

Re: The Division 4 Challenge! Darlington finally complete The Division 4 Challenge! After successive 1st place finishes to get into Division 1 we finished 2nd for two successive seasons. Fortunately

Re: The Division 4 Challenge! Finally done this.

Hehe I'm making good money. With such small wage money, Grimsby Town makes a very "easy" challenge financially.:)

Funny... There's a Bradford manager in my setup who makes me really wonder. He seems to never run out of money, even though he's blown it all off on 1000000 youngsters that won't rise and about 5 or so that will. He's 20th place and he's still buying players that won't be in his starting xi until 2010 or 11.:P

0,,10417%7E3304712,00.jpg

Grimsby Town surpass Leicester City in English Shield

Grimsby Town's triad of goals triumphed over 3rd division side Leicester City at Blundell Park today. The scoreline was 3-2, enough for the minnows to ascend to the next round.

Before the match, the Grimsby Town starting players were unfit for play, offering several youth squad players to take on the challenge. Philippe Nguyen took certain measures to ensure that the youngsters could play at their best, changing the team formation to a 3-5-2 while maintaining an offensive mind.

Mulenga starts the scoring

After 13 minutes of the two sides playing equal football, the Zambian forward produced the first goal of the match for the home team.

Pinillos equalizes

After a long silence from both sides of the pitch, Spanish right-back Pablo Pinillos reached the end of a cross in the 25th minute, driving the ball into the goal with his head, giving Leicester City and its rookie manager a chance to come back from the deficit.

Hedenestad responds

Only three minutes passed after the previous goal before the Norwegian center-midfielder's early shot flies over the keeper and just under the crossbar. It's only been 28 minutes of playing time for him this season, yet young Hedenestad has scored his first goal.

The lead doubles for Grimsby

The game continued its course in the second half as it did in the first - with little chances to either side. With 15 minutes remaining, however, Japanese striker Miura scored another goal for the home team. He weaved swiftly past the Leicester City defense, finishing his maneuver off with a chip shot that gave Grimsby Town the 3-1 lead.

N'Gotty gives Leicester hope

It's not a matchwinner, but N'Gotty's screamer in the 84th minute gave Leicester a consolation prize for the away team as they entered the exit tunnel.

In the end, Grimsby Town's number of chances gave them the leading edge in the match. It was a lack in strategy that allowed a 76-rated Grimsby Town side to defeat an 85-rated side that consisted of players like Beckham and Palop. So, without further ado, onwards we'll go to the second round of the English Shield!
:D

36_1203639218.gif v 1_1215724258.jpg

27: GOAL!! - Lionel MESSI ran onto a through ball and thumped it into the top corner

There's the opener, could that be the floodgates opened now? Huddersfield 0-1 Arsenal

47: GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Ransford OSEI! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

Huddersfield have drawn level! They're not defeated yet? Huddersfield 1-1 Arsenal

63: GOAL!! - With a gaping goal from just yards out GuimarĂ£es HUGO thunders it into the net!

Huddersfield have a shock lead over the league leaders! Huddersfield 2-1 Arsenal

71: GOAL!! - A diving header at the back post from Ruud VAN NISTELROOY!

Arsenal are back level, RVN preventing a shock. Huddersfield 2-2 Arsenal

86: GOAL!! - A cross from the left is headed home by Lionel MESSI!

Arsenal have snatched it at the death! Heartbreak for Huddersfield. Huddersfield 2-3 Arsenal

89: GOAL!! - Jan LECJAKS converts a fantastic cross with a well placed header

Huddersfield take it to penalties! Just when they seemed out Lecjaks pops up (literally) in the very last minute to send heartbroken Huddersfield fans wild! Huddersfield 3-3 Arsenal

Onto penalties (for reference, the commentary for these is made up)

Fabregas will go first then... And calmly knocks it into the bottom corner. Arsenal strike first. 1-0.

Hugo will go first for Huddersfield. He steps up... and tucks it away! GOAL!!! 1-1

Van-Nistlerooy to go next. Calmly walks up... and rockets it into the top corner! GOAL!!! 2-1

Manco now for Huddersfield. The 17 year old, under heavy pressure... blazes it over the bar! MISSED!!! Still 2-1.

Messi, the 21 year old superstar... Beautiful penalty! Curls it round Kelava into the right-hand side of the net! GOAL!!! 3-1 Arsenal

Osei knows that he has to score now... and does so! Straight down the middle! GOAL!!! 3-2 Arsenal.

Van Persie now, to restore Arsenal's lead. He never misses.. or does he?...It's off the bar, on the line and away! Video footage shows it didn't cross the line! MISSED!!! Still 3-2 to Arsenal, but Huddersfield have the chance to level now...

Another 17 year old - James McCarthy now. Can he put Huddersfield back in front?... He does! Buffon guessed right but there is so much power in it he has no chance! GOAL!!! 3-3!

Vieira will go now, with the chance to restore Arsenal's lead... but it hits the post! MISSED!!! Still 3-3, but now suddenly Huddersfield fans can start to think about the 2nd round - could this be the shock of the century?

Jan Lecjaks will go now. If he scored Huddersfield will have on foot in the 2nd round. He steps, and he missed! No wait... scores! His shot hit the post, hit Buffon, hit the crossbar, hit Buffon again and went in! 4-3 Huddersfield, and they are one penalty away from a major giantkilling!

Rosicky has to score now or Arsenal fall at the first hurdle. He steps. Kelava is bouncing up and down. He takes it.. WHAT A SAVE!!! Kelava with a stunning save to send Huddersfield fans delirious! They've done it! They're through! This could rightfully be called the giankilling of the century. Huddersfield have knocked out the Premiership leaders!

----

That's right - we can't beat unmanaged Rotherham, but when it comes to Arsenal, with RVN, Fabregas, Puyol, Messi and Buffon it's a walk in the park.

So.. final score:

36_1203639218.gif 3 - 31_1215724258.jpg

(4-3 Pens)

Yay! :D

Hey, you know how I was moaning before about how I always got unlucky against unmanaged teams? Well I just got so lucky it's beyond luck.

In Spanish 144 (Mr. Adamski's setup), I'm Levante, and we were playing Sevilla in the cup (who Gizb manages). I sold off my whole team, one player fro meach position (Def, Mid, Att) at a time to get maximum profit. I still have one Mid and one Def to sell, so my team is full of 72-75 rated players, and Rensing, Balotelli and Samaras.

We had 47% possession. They had 53%.

We had 5 shots. They had 20.

We had 2 shots on target. We had 10.

We won 2-1.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Funny thing is, we're 12th in the bottom div (3 wins, draws and defeats), as of course my team is awful, and until the last match, we had just 72 rated players for most matches. But after this win I'm 10th overall in the managers thingy. :eek: (I was also 5th in GC18, but I just lost to Wrexham on penalties to end a 6 match winning run, where I scored over 25 goals. I'm now 7th).

Guest joe black

Seth,you have just encapsulated my pet hates about SM in one post:D

I hate it when this happens,if a team plays me off the park and the stats tell me that ill take my hat off to the other manager,but when i have pummelled them for 90 mins and all the stats tell me that and i lose it sends me mental:rolleyes:

Way too many "upsets" on SM and the cup is even worse.......but your in the hat for the next round and i know for a fact you have been getting the rough end of the stick the last while back so congrats:)......but that dont make it right;):)......roll on the new and improved match engine:p

Won 5-0 against Brentford tonight to make it 6 out of 6. This is too easy :P

I'm also happy to announce that my club are making money despite having a 65 man squad.... it's all about getting the low waged players' date=' not just anyone who's gonna rise ;):)[/quote']

Lol I worked that out after 2 games. :P Might start afresh, just need a team to get rid of (want to keep my Huddersfield thought as I have loads of youngsters, as soon as TB's go I'll be able to sell off a lot of them - risers and youngsters that aren't going to rise anytime soon - to free up some funds.

BrentfordFC_Logo.jpg

Grudge match result sees the Bees go top!

Brentford - EC 1311

Brentford have finally made up for their poor start to the season by beating nearest rivals (and only other managed club :rolleyes: ) MK Dons in what im sure would have been a thrilling match... shame its not real, eh? :P

The final result was 3 - 2 with Mario Balotelli scoring an early two while Giovani Dos Santos finished up with a third, winning MoM in the process...

The MK squad, with an average age of 37, it seems were just unable to keep up with the young blood of Brentford despite the dissappointing rating changes this past week.

Now all the fans can hope is that Brentford do not lose to Leyton Orient on Saturday. Victory there would see Brentford lengthen their winning run to 8 straight games and 19 without loss. Lets just hope the luck will hold in the final 10 games.

Current League Position: 1st, with 10 games to go

GRIMSBYTOWNFC.jpg

Grimsy Town smash Bournemouth in style

Philippe Nguyen continues his undefeated streak after another win in the 1687th English Championship.
The three points gave Grimsby Town another ascent in the table, sending them to 5th place.

Two days ago, the Grimsby starting squad was forced to take the benches due to their bad condition. Today, however, the stars made a return, firing 4 goals and conceding just 1.

A strike from Smrekar supplied the only goal in the first half. The second half gave Anderton the oppurtunity to level it out, but goals from Newey, Serginho, and Munteanu made sure their respective fans had something to definitely cheer for.

At the end, Bournemouth left their own stadium in despair and surrounded by away fans, signing their praises to young Smrekar for his third goal (the highest in the team) and 2nd man of the match.
:P

First half

Kick-off was followed by a drearily tedious start for both sides. After 15 minutes, however, Matija Smrekar led the ball under the keeper and into the goal.

Four minutes later, the chances began to flare up on both sides, starting with a bicycle kick from Bournemouth's Kuffour, which flew over the bar.

But by chances, I mean Grimsby Town chances. Serginho and Munteanu took turns battering the opposition from midfield until the referee paused the home side's misery at half-time.

Bournemouth were yet to feel the full force.

Second half

Five minutes after the match is restarted, Darren Anderton tucked away a ball that he'd caught from a rebounded shot.

Philippe Nguyen was in no hurry to adjust the team, however. Just two minutes later, Tom Newey scored a goal of a lifetime, stunning fans from both sides. Grimsby Town celebrated, knowing that they would win this no matter what.

Two chances from both teams are either swatted away or miss their target.

In the 67th minute, Serginho emerged from a challenge from a center-back unscathed, and slipped the ball into the goal with ease and composure.

Three minutes after, Munteanu added to the extravananza, scoring brilliantly from a long through ball.

Post-match Analysis

The Canadian keeper Onstad received a plethora of applause for his saves throughout the match that gave his side the victory.

Grimsby Town controlled the ball 60% of the time and had 13 chances against their opposition's 8 chances. Bournemouth, however made all of those 8 chances on target, with 9 of Grimsby's shots being on target. Grimsby had only 4 corners, however, Bournemouth having 10. Things would be a lot different had those corners paid off.
:o

Next match

On September 6th, Grimsby will close in on their next prey, unmanaged Lincoln City, who hold the 12 position. Given that Grimsby win the match, the underdogs will be eerily close to a dream promotion to the 3rd Division.

This is getting too easy for my Bradford City :D 47 points from 18 games, 12 point lead over second place Chesterfield, 68 goals scored and only 13 conceded.

A combination of oldies and youngster in my team make it so strong, but the lack of funds is a problem :(

M. BALOTELLI, my captain, most expensive player and top goal scorer will be the heartbeat of Bradford City for many seasons to come.

cheers

Right, after signing around 90 players, some of them for the simple reason that they're young, and I'm now in debt and struggling in the league, I've withdrawn that team and started over, this time going for strictly risers. Should keep the wages down, and the managers obviously don't watch a lot of lower league football. Rodwell, Parejo, Ledesma, Baxter, Shelvey, Schneiderlin and Lallana have all joined, with Svensson coming today.

I've also followed in Joe's footsteps and taken Huddersfield in a GC. So far I've managed to secure O'Hara on loan from Teb and Soriano from Studge, trying to get Henrique on loan from CapsLOCK but still waiting for a reply.

Now going for risers, although I'm away all day so I fear I miss out on some to a lot. =/

Huddersfield won 7 out of 7 so far. This is just too easy :P

Todays Result was a 2-0 win over Luton. Balotelli scoring a brace. Blicher also got a debut assist.

Had loads of huge risers so far as well (even some which no-one had posted on the forum :D ). Squad value is going up rapidly.

Got a tough 2nd round cup tie against Sunderland but I'm sure I'll fair okay :P:)

0,,10417%7E3304712,00.jpg

Grimsby unbeaten run hits five games

Despite not being able to overlap Huddersfield on the league table, Grimsby Town have drawn against Lincoln City in their fifth unbeaten game in a row.

The match featured some new faces. Among them was Lasse Nielsen, who had just risen from 71 to 74 and earned his spot in the starting squad. Also new to the team was Dennis Hoegh, Danish like Nielsen, but having risen from 69 to 75. And then there is Kolar, the Czech Republican who rose by 8 in the recent changes.
:eek::D

Philippe Nguyen decided that a 3-4-1-2 would suffice for the home match, as it seemed not much different than the 3-5-2. Lincoln City retained their 4-4-1-1 formation and neutral tactics.

14 minutes into the first half, Stephan Oakes of Lincoln City smashed in a ball that had come off the keeper after his first shot.

The rest of the half was quiet compared to most of Grimsby's matches.

The most activity that occured came from Prijovic, who made a few near-goal attempts.

The second half showed the chances leaning towards Grimsby Town's favor, but it wouldn't pay off until the 80th minute, when the young winger Hoegh took advantage of a scrambled defense, slotting in the equalizer and sending the home team into pandomonium.

The remainder of the match actually shifted towards the away team, Lincoln City, who made several attempts to recreate their previous lead. Fortunately for Philippe Nguyen, their chances came to no success when the full-time whistle was blown.

Looks like it's time to go back to the 3-5-2.
:o

Huddersfield won 7 out of 7 so far. This is just too easy :P

Todays Result was a 2-0 win over Luton. Balotelli scoring a brace. Blicher also got a debut assist.

Had loads of huge risers so far as well (even some which no-one had posted on the forum :D ). Squad value is going up rapidly.

Got a tough 2nd round cup tie against Sunderland but I'm sure I'll fair okay :P:)

I check your table after every match - I'm desperate to see you lose lol. So far 100%, and looking like going all the way. :P We're top now. 2 new Huddersfield, I admittedly resigned after things were going bad with wages, now started over and looking to learn from my mistakes. only thing is, most risers have gone up now. Also taken Huddersfield in the latest GC. Struggling for funds though, but I have Henrique, O'Hara and Soriano (CB, LM/CM, F/AM, 81, 85, 85) on loan, and more players coming in now.