Position: Centre Back (CB)

Foot: Right

SM Player Details SM Club: Lyon

Squad: Senior Squad

Rating: 75

Last Rating Change: 3

SM Value: £274,000

Contract: 3 Years - £7,500 per Turn

Many of you will have had your fingers burned by this former Swedish International, a former 84+ player out for the best part of 2 years he has recovered from a crippling knee injury. If fully recovered could regain his former form and head back up to the 80’s higher if he regains place in national team. Hardly a new find but started first game for Southampton.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Michael Svensson

Ok a quick update. Michael Svensson continues to play for Southampton and has been appointed club captain. Now Southampton aren't exactly doing that well this season but their best players are rated 83/84. Assuming Svensson stays fit, I see no reason why he should not get a rating increase of between +5 to +8 next time up ie to 80 - 83. Most realistically I would expect an increase to 80 this time and then to 83/84/85 if he continues to play. Obviously for most people this will be for a quick sale as he is a very risky prospect or as back up for first teamers.

Re: Michael Svensson

Took Southampton in GC23 lol and immediately put everyon on the TL apart from the youngsters. After that I watched the Southampton/Blackpool match (Blackpool had 3 goals disallowed :eek: ) and saw that he played, and was captain (like you said). Lucky for me I hadn't sold him yet. :P

Tbh it's worth buying half the team. Here's the line-up for the Blackpool match (League apps) [Goals]:

GK Davis 83 (My MOM, made a ton of brilliant saves) (4)

LB Surman 83 (4)

RB James 72 (4)

CB Svensson 75 (4) ©

CB Perry 80 (4) [1]

DM Scheiderlin 68 (4)

CM Lallana 70 (4) [1]

CM Gillett 77 (4)

W/F Holmes 78 (4) [2]

W/F Jamie White (Not on DB)* (2)

CF McGoldrick 78 (4) [4]

* W Dyer (1) - Came on at Half time

Just goes to show.