New German No. 1?

Re: New German No. 1?

Robert Enke

That's who makes the start vs. Belgium. It will not be Hildebrand--Lowe and him do not like each other' date=' and I reckon Lowe holds grudges.

Enke will only start for a few games, I believe, and then I think Adler will be the #1 for a while. Neuer is out of the question for right now because he's injured. Adler will have to lose it before Neuer gets a shot.

And watch out for Ulreich in a few years... Under the tutoring of Lehman, he could totally be better than Adler or Neuer by the next World Cup.[/quote']

Incorrect. :P

As I said a few posts back Lehmann will be finishing his international career against Belgium. :)

Yeah you're right, Lehman will start this last game.

Otherwise, I don't think it's a slam dunk for Neuer and Adler. Watch out for Ulreich and Rensing as well!

It's going to be at least a year until we see who it's going to be... this bunesliga season will matter a lot.

Yeah you're right' date=' Lehman will start this last game.

Otherwise, I don't think it's a slam dunk for Neuer and Adler. Watch out for Ulreich and Rensing as well!

It's going to be at least a year until we see who it's going to be... this bunesliga season will matter a lot.[/quote']

Well we can say no to:

Adler

Neuer

Weidenfeller

for now because they're all injured. But Ulreich is a bench player and I doubt he'll be starting keeper for a very long time. But as I said a while back I agree with you, Rensing will be on the scene.

Ya lol' date=' I was surprised. Does anyone know why Enke ended up playing?[/quote']

Hi,

because Adler (would have played) and Neuer are injured. Hildebrand wasnt invited back yet and Enke was Germany's second keeper at the Euro 2008 so he kinda deserved a crack at it. I think when Adler gets back from injury he will still be the keeper for Germany though.

Cheers

PS: Lehmann is done in the National Team, he will only get 1 goodbye game at some point in the relatively near future.

Hi' date='

because Adler (would have played) and Neuer are injured. Hildebrand wasnt invited back yet and Enke was Germany's second keeper at the Euro 2008 so he kinda deserved a crack at it. I think when Adler gets back from injury he will still be the keeper for Germany though.

Cheers

PS: Lehmann is done in the National Team, he will only get 1 goodbye game at some point in the relatively near future.[/quote']

The reason I was asking was because Low announced that Lehmann would finish his international career against Belgium in Berlin. That was supposed to be the game, I already knew about Adler + Neuer being injured and Hildebrand having a bad relationship with Low etc. (thanks for info though). I'm still wondering why Lehmann didn't play.

With Lehmann gone, I think Enke will remain in the trio of NT GK.

His experience and performances last year for Hannover making him deserving of a place in the team.

Having said that, I think by the time the WC in 2010 rolls around we'll see Adler, Neuer or Rensing occupy the No 1 jersey.

It's a shame for Hildebrand, as he looks to have secured a starting birth at Valencia and I do think he's a fine GK. Personally, I'd rather have him than Enke but I thought with Lehmann gone, we'd see Enke, Adler and Hildebrand fighting it out of the position.

Time will tell I suppose. :rolleyes:;)

The reason I was asking was because Low announced that Lehmann would finish his international career against Belgium in Berlin. That was supposed to be the game' date=' I already knew about Adler + Neuer being injured and Hildebrand having a bad relationship with Low etc. (thanks for info though). I'm still wondering why Lehmann didn't play.[/quote']

Lehmann announced his retirement at the start of last week LKK and kicker reported that due to this decision, Lehmann would not be playing against Belgium. He will have a (non-competitive) testimonial at some stage in the near future, much like Kahn.

Herby

Lehmann announced his retirement at the start of last week LKK and kicker reported that due to this decision' date=' Lehmann would not be playing against Belgium. He will have a (non-competitive) testimonial at some stage in the near future, much like Kahn.

Herby[/quote']

Thanks for the info mate, appreciate it.

i think german should play adler in the wc qualifers most times because they should like go for him as i guess with the ability and potential hes showing hes definitly gonna be no 1 german kepper by 2010. Enke is now 31 i think and is good but i doubt he will improve so i would say make him no 2.

As mentioned Adler and Neuer are both injured. However I'm not sure how bad Adler's injury is so he might recover in time for qualifiers. We'll see.

As mentioned Adler and Neuer are both injured. However I'm not sure how bad Adler's injury is so he might recover in time for qualifiers. We'll see.

yeah hes injured

Its better playing adler once he comes backs from injruy and once hes fit they should play him as they should give him some caps and also experience and they also should bulid him.

Hi' date='

I read on [url']www.kicker.de[/url] that he will be back around the 15th of september, all in all 4 weeks of injury for him. His shoulder is only badly bruised (that's supposed to be good news). ;)

Cheers

I like Kicker myself. Thanks for the info, that shouldn't get him out of form. That's not that bad of an injury. Cheers and thanks for the info mate!