Nathan Delfouneso!!!Talent!!!

2cnehs2.jpg

Full Name Nathan Delfouneso

Birth Date February 2, 1991

Height 5' 9" (1.75m)

Weight 10.9 st (69 kg)

Age 17

Position Forward

Delfouneso is a player with a bright future at Aston Villa, and is currently a regular for both the club's Reserves and Academy teams. Tall, quick, powerful and with a natural eye for goal, he made his debut for the reserves just a month after turning 16.Defouneso was also a regular for the England U16 team - collecting 8 caps and scoring 3 goals during this period.

In October 2007, Delfouneso marked his debut for the England U17 team with a hat-trick in a 6-0 victory over Malta.

The striker has now put pen to paper on a professional deal with Aston Villa that will keep him at the club until June 2010.delfounso has played 2 games for villa in preseason scoring 1 goal. this season he has been given the number 14 shirt with villa and is almost guarenteed sub appearences for the first team now with the 7 subs rule and with villas small squad

yet to be added to the database.

Re: Nathan Delfouneso!!!Talent!!!

my two pence

As you all know Villa over recent years have produced some good strikers, Vassel, Moore and Gabby.

But this lad is supposed to be villas next big thing. :)

An established under 16 and under 17 for england, he has the credentials to be a good premier league player.

Although he hasnt played any prem games as of yet, but has been called up to the senior squad before

Last season he scored 22 goals for villa, 13 for the youth, 5 in the resevres and 4 in the FA youth cup, where villa got to the semi finals.

He is part of our senior squad, and will come on this season, or play in the cup. its inevitable, it will happen. This means he will be added to the database.

He will play a part, and so it will be a good buy when he is available.

• 3 months later...

The commentator said he thinks Villa have the best Youth academy in England. I have to disagree. Agbonlahor, Barry, Delfouneso (promising, but still young so who knows how he'll turn out). Erm, that's all I can think of.

IMO, Man United, Liverpool, possibly Arsenal, Leeds, West Ham, and a few other teams that skip my mind atm have much better academies. West Ham's academy would KILL Villa's any day. Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Ferdinand? Sears, Collison, Tomkins?

No doubt this player has plenty of promise though. IMO should be loaned out to a L2 side to get some experience. L1 is too a strong a league IMO for him, he'll just get knocked about. But in L2 he can use his pace and ability better. Maybe even the BPS. Just somewhere to get some experience.

The commentator said he thinks Villa have the best Youth academy in England. I have to disagree. Agbonlahor' date=' Barry, Delfouneso (promising, but still young so who knows how he'll turn out). Erm, that's all I can think of.

IMO, Man United, Liverpool, possibly Arsenal, Leeds, West Ham, and a few other teams that skip my mind atm have much better academies. West Ham's academy would KILL Villa's any day. Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Ferdinand? Sears, Collison, Tomkins?

No doubt this player has plenty of promise though. IMO should be loaned out to a L2 side to get some experience. L1 is too a strong a league IMO for him, he'll just get knocked about. But in L2 he can use his pace and ability better. Maybe even the BPS. Just somewhere to get some experience.[/quote']

Commentator said its up there with the best, didnt say it was the best. imo West Ham and Man City have the best English academies ( in terms of bring english / british players through )

• 2 weeks later...

Commentator said its up there with the best' date=' didnt say it was the best. imo West Ham and Man City have the best English academies ( in terms of bring english / british players through )[/quote']

man city have brought noone of their own through in recent years so id have to disagree as they bought richards and sturridge when they were 15 and 16 and wright phillips when he was 17.Middlesbrough have one hell of an academy but its dried up the last year or two but wheather and downing and are amazing, also villa bought barry from brighton as well, leeds or west ham have the best IMO.

man city have brought noone of their own through in recent years so id have to disagree as they bought richards and sturridge when they were 15 and 16 and wright phillips when he was 17.Middlesbrough have one hell of an academy but its dried up the last year or two but wheather and downing and are amazing' date=' also villa bought barry from brighton as well, leeds or west ham have the best IMO.[/quote']

You're right you know. Just read up on them, Richards was at Oldham since he was 12, then moved to City in 2001. Oldham actually have a 20% sell on clause, so if Man City were to sell him for £10m, Oldham would get £2m! Danny Sturridge played for Coventry youth academy for 14 months before joining City, but in fact started out at Aston Villa, and had he stayed, would have been playing at the same level as Gabby Agbonlahor. Wright-Phillips came from Nott Forest. I dont agree with Leeds having best youth academy though, Beckford came from Chelsea, Snodgrass came from Livingston. West Ham do have a good youth academy, but I believe Villa has one of the best, as they dont have the largest of first team squads, so they have to rely on youth.

There is a thread on youth academies so dont get to side tracked. :)

End of day, something like 20+ first teamers have made appearances from the Man City youth academy recently. Something know one can take of them.

I think Delfounso has similar characteristics to Gabby. Both quick, but ill tell you something, im more impressed with Delfounso than i was with Gabby at his age. It could be due to me being more mature and having a dif view on football but he looks technically better than Gabby was. Obviously gabby is 10 times the player he is now, but he def has potential. :)