Sign in to follow this  
Trent

Bulgarian Update

Re: Bulgarian Update

Last season Milanov racked up 25 games, being a first-choice regular for the Lovech side and they became champions. Right now Litex are 1st, still undefeated and Milanov has 15 games the "A" group [more than 800 minutes, so maybe a bit of a rotation player now, but still integral] and 4 European games...

I can personally proclaim the small increase he had last time around as one of the dumbest ever on SM.

I wouldn't gave a **** even if he was 12, as long as he plays regularly for Litex he deserves the 84 no matter that he's young. He's not a hot prospect, he's an established first team player for the Bulgarian champions...'nuff said.

Starting up with league leaders, Ludogorets:

Emil Gargorov [83 rated, AM/LM, 30yo] is gonna get a positional change to AM/CF, since he's been playing on top of the Ludogorets attack and has 5 goals in 7 apps so far. Up by 1 and likely to get a call up to the Bulgarian national team.

Nascimento Marcelinho [76 rated, 27yo, AM/Wing] has featured in all 10 games, netting 4 goals in the process. Likely to go up by 4-5 and if he keeps his form, he might go all the way to 83-84, if eventually Ludogorets finish in a Top 3 place.

Juninho QUIXADÁ [76 rated, 25yo, Fwd] has played in 8 games and has 3 goals to his name. Also another big riser there, likely to go up by 4 or 5 this time around.

Mihail Aleksandrov [listed as Nacional de Madeira player] [76 rated, 22yo, AM/Wing] played in 9 games and has 2 goals, also a very key player in the team, when he was at Borussia Dortmund he once won a sprinting tournament which featured hundreds ot talents. Obviously there's more than just his acceleration to the list of talents, so solid increase by 5-6, potential national team material aswell [Mihail was signed for Ludogorets last year when they were in the "B" group and he's a key asset since].

João Choco, of course, is the best shout around, with his rating standing at 71, he's one of the best risers in the whole league.

Miroslav Ivanov [80 rated, Mid, 29yo] or also known as "Deco from Shumen" will likely go up by 2 since he's also playing a major part in Ludogorets' success. Scored against his former team Levski when Ludogorets won by 2:1. The lad was one of the first big-name signings Ludogorets made last year when they were in the lower devision. Ivanov's biggest achievement so far was a nice goal against Heerenveen in the Europa League group stages.

Don't buy [downfall]:

Ivan Stoyanov [only appeared in half of Ludogorets' games and his rating of 85 is too high for that level]

Stanislav Genchev [key player at the team, but still may take a downfall by 1]

Now with 2nd placed CSKA...

Ivan Bandalovski [24yo, RB, 82 rated] - consistant as always, should get a +2, he's also one of the first names on the team sheet for Bulgaria.

Junior Ademar [31yo, LB, 80 rated] has played in all games for CSKA so far and he's likely to increase by 1 or two.

Plamen Krachunov [76 rated, CB/RB, 22yo] is probably one of the best buys from The Reds - 8 games and 1 goal, in addition I think he also won a "Player of the Week" award. Increase by 4-5.

Martin Dechev [74 rated, RB, 21yo] played in 4 games and likely to go up by 1 or two.

Aleksandar Yakimov [77 rated, Wing, 22yo] [listed as Pirin player] might be a one to watch, he's had 5 games so far and with the new coach Dimitar Penev, who likes relying most on young prospects, Alex might be on the verge of becoming a permanent starter for The Reds. Will keep you updated on him.

Gregory Nelson [80 rated, Wing, 23yo] played in all games so far and he's likely to go up by 2 or 3.

Michel Platini [82 rated, Fwd, 28yo] has 12 games [all competitions] and 5 goals. Likely to go up by 1 or 2.

Don't buy [downfall]:

Ivan Karadzhov

Blagoy Makendzhiev

Zdravko Chavdarov

Apostol Popov

Pavel Vidanov

Rumen Trifonov [though likely to stay at 83 due to his 7 apps].

Tomislav Kostadinov

...and Boris Galchev [82 rated midfielder] might go up by 1, since he's also featured in all games for CSKA so far.

3rd placed Chernomorets...

Stoyan Kolev [80 rated, 35yo, GK] - the veteran is playing a major part in The Sharks' solid position so far [aside from their tactical genius manager Dimitar "Hero" Dimitrov]. Increase by 2.

Nikolay Nikolov and Plamen Krumov are two players that might go up by 1 or two due to them playing in 9 games thus far.

Lourival Assis [27yo, 76 rated, Wing/Fwd] has 8 games and 4 goals for The Sharks. One of the biggest revelations of the season so far, likely to go up by 4.

Jugurtha Hamroun "Juju" [22yo, 74 rated, AM/Fwd] has 10 games and 5 goals to his name. Increase by 6 or 7.

Don't Buy:

Nik Dashev

Georgi Terziev

Todor Palankov

Martin Toshev

Enis Hajri [from a key player wanted by Levski and CSKA, this season he only got 1 apps].

4th placed champions Litex...

Maxime Josse [24yo, 80 rated, CB/RB] played in 13 games, likely to go up by 2 or 3.

Iliya Milanov [19yo, CB, 76 rated] has 5 apps and 389 minutes, increase by 1 or 2, certainly a one for the future.

Georgi Milanov [19, AM/CM, 80 rated] - 14 apps and 2 goals, I don't think that there are many players of his age with the total amount of official minutes that he has in professional football...[since 2009 - 78 official appearances for Litex, along with 9 goals to his name]. Increase by 4, which was much deserved even on the past rating changes.

Aleksandar Tsvetkov [21yo, DM, 78 rated] finally has won a first team place and got 798 minutes in 10 apps thus far. Along with his 15 apps last season, I think he should go up by 3, if not 4.

Don't Buy:

Sandrinho [long term injury, no apps]

5th placed Levski...

Plamen Iliev, who also has his own thread, is still up to increase from 78 to 82-83. Phenomenal young keeper!

Aleksandar Bashliev [76 rated, LB/LM, 21yo] has 4 apps for The Blues and might go up by 2-3 this time around. Was key for Pirin before he was signed at Levski.

Simeon Raykov [78 rated, Fwd/Wing, 21yo] 12 apps and 2 goals, compared to Martin Petrov since he came from the same team [botev Vratsa] and plays with real passion [which sometimes gets him bookings]. Played a big part in Botev's promotion to the "A" group last year with about 10 goals. Increase by 3-4.

Sjoerd Ars [78 rated, 27yo, Fwd] - 12 games and 5 goals, even though Ars' start at Levski hasn't been bad, fans demand much more from him. Increase by 3.

Don't Buy:

Kiril Akalski

Bozhidar Mitrev

Marko Vidovic

Kalin Shtarkov

Stefan Stanchev [long-term injury]

Darko Tasevski [down by 1-2]

Toni Calvo [down by 1-2]

Enjoy those, more updates later on!

Could restart this thread...

Can anyone tell me when the updates happen now? Can't seem to find my way on the new look of the site.

Also, if you have any questions regarding Bulgarian players - shoot!

I don't expect him to feature much, even though he's labelled as a great talent. It's just that when you look at his physique, you expect him to brake every second now. He needs a lot more time in the gym before he enters the first team ranks for the Blues.

Now for some general updates:

Georgi Kitanov

georgi-kitanov-zamina-za-holandiya-dnes-zapochva-trenirovki-s-psv.jpg

This kid has been watched by a douzen clubs [notably Man City], not to mention he's been invited for trials by 5-6 top notch clubs [PSV]. Manager Georgi Ivanov - Gonzo relied on the young talent through his conquest to avoid relegation and Kitanov is possibly one of the few glimmers of hope for the Varna-based club.

Nik Dashev

134544541181589.jpg

The Sharks have declared a "youthing up" and thus veteran Stoyan Kolev will be out of the door [he already was put on the bench to free up space for Dashev], while Nik will be an indispensable member between the sticks during the new campaign.

Garry Mendes Rodrigues

460x298.jpg

One of the revelations of the Levski side. His pace has caught a lot of eyes on him, even there are rumours of interest by Utrecht [even though he only recently joined Levski].

Milcho Angelov

134969600988718.jpg

Not yet on DB. Scored a screamer against Botev Plovdiv and he's generally one of the very hot prospects of Bulgarian football.

Todor Nedelev

todor_nedelev.jpg

The only way for Botev's young playmaker is up! He's been in the headlines already for a long enough time, but I think that it won't take long before he moves on.

Stanislav Dryanov

134969632494264.jpg

Another Sharks prodigy that is yet to be added on the DB.

Iliya Milanov

1877623_w2.jpg

I can hear the booing from afar - posting about a player who's already had quite hefty increase last time? Well, since then the other Milanov has not only cemented a first team spot in Litex, he also did that in Lyuboslav Penev's [so far] unbeatable Bulgarian national team. Obviously both brothers [Georgi and Iliya] are a good shout for the future.

Happy hunting, everyone!

Hi, could I get some info on Aleksandar Tonev? Recently joined Villa. Not really playing in the Bulgarian league but I thought I'd ask here.

The guy has pretty good stats and is a national player. Can't find much beyond that. Any speculation on his potential, plus will he get a rise soon?

Odp: Bulgarian Update

Plays mostly on the left wing. He's very quick, likes to cuts inside and shoot from distance. He was a star of Lech Poznan and Ekstraklasa but Premier League is a completely different world so I'm very curious if he'll succeed on this level.

Hi' date=' could I get some info on Aleksandar Tonev? Recently joined Villa. Not really playing in the Bulgarian league but I thought I'd ask here.

The guy has pretty good stats and is a national player. Can't find much beyond that. Any speculation on his potential, plus will he get a rise soon?

As DrFootball1 said, the Premiership is a whole different level and it's unsure how things will go for him. Never really saw him play much as like most of CSKA's talents, he was quickly cashed in on and I didn't see him play since. The national team kinda doesn't count, because the indefinite star of our NT is the current solid bench warmer Manolev [last season in both PSV and Fulham]. So the fact that he plays well for Bulgaria doesn't mean he'll make it in the Prem :)

In other news, Kevin Bru, after a few seasons of transfer drama, finally moved to Levski Sofia.

Ramon Lopez, previously of some Ukrainian club, has also completed a move to the Blues...can't seem to find him on the DB, though.

French defender Romain Elie, who is vastly overrated, will leave our team.

As DrFootball1 said' date=' the Premiership is a whole different level and it's unsure how things will go for him. Never really saw him play much as like most of CSKA's talents, he was quickly cashed in on and I didn't see him play since. The national team kinda doesn't count, because the indefinite star of our NT is the current solid bench warmer Manolev [last season in both PSV and Fulham']. So the fact that he plays well for Bulgaria doesn't mean he'll make it in the Prem :)

In other news, Kevin Bru, after a few seasons of transfer drama, finally moved to Levski Sofia.

Ramon Lopez, previously of some Ukrainian club, has also completed a move to the Blues...can't seem to find him on the DB, though.

French defender Romain Elie, who is vastly overrated, will leave our team.

Lopes RAMON > already moved him ;)

After Litex chairman Grisha Ganchev cut out the finances in Litex, many believed the Lovech-based team would fall into pieces. But mainly with kids, Litex took their place on top...before they wrote "R.I.P." in the end [more on that later]

In 2012, Litex refused to let Despodov on trials with Man City and asked point blank for 4M pounds. A 2013 article links him with Bayern and Napoli.

Obviously the kid's worth quite a lot, but it's very important to see what happens to Litex in upcoming weeks. Although no official word of it has taken place, it's expected that CSKA will be bankrupted, while Litex will move to Sofia and be renamed to CSKA - this would be done, so "The Reds" can lose all of their debts. So you may as well figure that when they combine the CSKA and Litex players, Despodov might be left to rot. Then again, he may also be quickly sold abroad...

I would also like to recommend "foreign" stars such as Villiyan Bijev and Edisson Jordanov [needs a nationality change, as he agreed to play officially for Bulgaria U20]. They have both grown up quite far away from home, but they are determined to give their best for our country and I expect quite a lot from those lads.

Well, the deal between CSKA and Litex was a no-go, so Litex continues to play and win with kids, so watch out for them! And basically most of their players!

CSKA have had an influx of 262423 foreigner players, but today it was youth talent Grigor Dolapchiev who scored a screamer from way out to get the equalizer for the Reds against Beroe. I would wait and see if he produces more of the same or was this just a random fluke.

My favorites Levski began recklessly, but it's obvious that Tsvetan Genkov will be the key man to our fortunes. Amazing goalscoring abilities! Though seeing that his rating is already at 84, you won't win much really. Also I see that he's not yet transferred from Wisla.

Alassane N'Diaye is another one of those gems that Loko Plovdiv have the ability to sign. Only rated 74 in game, but after watching him against Levski, where he managed to grab a goal and also every ball in the air [mind you, he was the tallest player on the pitch!], he'll be this year's Smurf revelation.

As expected, Nik Dashev is now a regular for The Sharks and if you haven't signed him yet, hurry - he's only rated 76.

Same goes for Georgi Kitanov, who I have no idea how he remained in Cherno more. Last I heard he had a deal agreed with Gent, but obviously something failed...

Rosen Kolev, another Cherno More talent, impressed on trials at Cagliari and there were rumours that he'll sign for the Italian team. Even though that failed, I don't think he'll remain in Varna much longer.

MARQUINHO, Rodrigues started and played the full 90 minutes for The Sharks in their 1:0 loss against champions Ludogorets, but since he's only rated 74, he's probably worth a shout. Also, the way the media line up the squad - they always go from defense/midfield, then to forwards - it seems that the lad is played as left back, perhaps? I'll keep my eye on the next Chernomorets game to see what the lads about.

If there is a stand out player in the league, that's certainly Todor Nedelev. I'll have my money on him to discard Stuttgart when they meet this Thursday for a Europa League qualification spot. If you're watching the game, make sure you have your eyes on him - in any case, you'll know when he's playing.

Romario Kortzorg, only named "Romario" around these parts [guess it's easier to pronounce] is another one you should definitely buy. He's a starting player for the high-flying Canaries and being rated only 76, he's up for an increase.

And then there's Yordan Hristov. I spoke with a Canaries fan and he said their right back position is the weakest link, but Hristov really is a very hard-working player and does a lot of damage, specially since the opposition defense is usually put on a lot to deal with by Nedelev. So, Yordan should be much better than the 77 he's currently having.

I see that Valeri Domovchiyski and Georgi Sarmov are not yet added as Botev players, but they both featured in the 7:1 demolition over Pirin this weekend. Mind you, Valeri even scored in both goals! :D Glamorous heading ability in both cases, I must say :P

GRNCAROV, Boban and OGNYANOV, Marian deserve honorable mentions as they are both key figures for the team and would likely go up by one or two.

If you have any questions, feel free to fire away!

Last Christmas, when Anton Ognyanov just signed for Levski, he suffered a broken leg after a nasty challenge. He's being rated at 77 only right now, so that makes him a coup, as he'll be a first team regular for The Blues this season.

When I started this thread, I didn't think there'd be so much news and changes just in the matter of days...our goalkeeper Plamen Iliev got injured in training this morning and he'll be out for 2 months. This may give newly-signed Stefano Kunchev (23yo, 78 rated) a very solid run in the starting eleven.

Stefano Kunchev

638-397-stefano-kunchev.jpg

VINÍCIUS, Barriviera is only rated 78, while he'll be Litex' first choice goalkeeper in the upcoming season. Definitely a 82-83 player in the future.

NEDYALKOV, Anton is a rotation player already, getting about 35 apps in the last two seasons for Litex. Being now rated at 78, I think it's a good bet to put money on him (though if you've payed close attention, almost any Litex youngster is a decent shout!) ;)

I'm amazed at how some Litex youngsters get added after one match? Are there new rules now? (Reyan Daskalov, Plamen Galabov...)

Petar Zlatinov has to be another decent shout. Obviously being abroad in Azerbaijdan didn't help his rating, but only 78? Nah. He had 23 games, 1 goal and 3 assists last season and he definitely played his part in Litex' 3rd place finish in the league. Up to 81-82 seems fair.

KOLEV, Nikola is the new Simeon Slavchev. Literally - he took his place in the center of the midfield and personally I think Nikola is going to stay with Litex only for a season or two more, after which - transfer abroad, like Simeon. Nikola is rated at 80 now, but I see him as a 85+ player in the future.

KOSSOKO, Omar is only rated 79 when he was pretty liked last season by the CSKA fans. Now he jumped ships to Litex and it seems like he'll be in the first team regularly. Up to 83.

Watch out for: Milcho Angelov - has immense quality and potential. Might not be first choice regular now, but being in Litex, that's probably the best place to develop Bulgarian talent right now. In one sentence - invest long-term here, you won't regret it.

CHOCHEV, Ivaylo being only 79? Right now there are rumours going around that Palermo and Monaco are fighting for his signature. How true are hey, I don't know, but he seems like a decent talent.

SILVA, Toni and MARKOVIĆ, Ivan are rated only at 75 and 74, but they made some appearances last season and they didn't look bad. Too lazy now to look for the official data for the two of them, but they could be worth for quick money.

Oh, God. Since when hasn't the Bulgarian league been updated? HRISTOV, Yordan at 77, really? He's been bobbing and weaving on the right wing of Botev Plovdiv, with and without Nedelev. Not to mention he's in the Bulgarian NT. 84, a must.

VANDER, Sacramento and KORTZORG, Romario have also been key for Botev and deserve +3 or +4. OGNYANOV, Marian is a key playmaker, so also +1.

KITANOV, Georgi at 77 is another scoop. No, don't just sign him. Keep him till you're old and gray. You'll thank me later!

Georgi Kitanov

georgi-kitanov.jpg

BACARI, Kambi on the other end was Cherno more's top goalscorer and deserves about 3-4 points raise.

N'DIAYE, Alassane played very well for Loko Plovdiv last season, won a lot of challenges in midfield. +2

Alassane N'Diaye

473699.jpg

VELKOV, Stefan is another one of those "keep 'em for awhile" players. Already had trials at Man United and now rumour has it that he'll be off for Fulham. In any case, it will be quite silly if you still haven't heard of him, as he's been bossing the Slavia defense for a year now.

I think that's all the wisdom I can share about right now :D Feel free to shoot if you have any questions!

Our goalkeeper Plamen Iliev got injured in training this morning and he'll be out for 2 months. This may give newly-signed Stefano Kunchev (23yo' date=' 78 rated) a very solid run in the starting eleven[/quote']

What went wrong with Plamen ?Is he another wasted talent? I've never seen him tbf but I still remember the day he had that +5 rise lol. Back when he was 20 yrs or so, and he was having a full season. Was expecting more from him though..

And btw, what did you mean by "our goalkeeper" ? Who are we with mate?;)

P.S. I agree with pedrooliveira. It's always nice to have people who follow smaller leagues and can feed others with news and stuff from their national league. Keep it up.

What went wrong with Plamen ?Is he another wasted talent? I've never seen him tbf but I still remember the day he had that +5 rise lol. Back when he was 20 yrs or so' date=' and he was having a full season. Was expecting more from him though..

And btw, what did you mean by "our goalkeeper" ? Who are we with mate?;)

P.S. I agree with pedrooliveira. It's always nice to have people who follow smaller leagues and can feed others with news and stuff from their national league. Keep it up.[/quote']

Plamen seems injury prone, dunno what happened to him lately. In the Christmas break last season, there was a change of management and Plamen was suppose to be a starter again (after losing his place to Blazevic, signed by former coach). After a few games in February, an injury came and Iliev was sidelined, while Blazevic became first choice in Plamen's absence. And maybe I'll have to scrap that stuff about Stefano Kunchev, because apparently Levski are gonna keep Blazevic after Plamen's new injury (why sign that keeper if you don't have faith in him to perform is my big question here).

"We" are The Blues - Levski Sofia :D In my posts here I try to keep them informative as possible and not show that I'm a fan, but sometimes it shows I guess :D

And thanks to both of you, I'm just glad to see people posting :D

Hey Trent,

firstly, fantastic stuff, thank you so much for putting the time and effort into this thread.

secondly, what do you think of the Tsonev brothers of levski sofia? worth picking up?

thanks!

rbdutch: yeah, they're very decent talents. Bobby's out injured till New Year, though, so don't expect to see much of him. Radoslav gets some apps, though the useless Sarmov has been getting more minutes than him.

CFC10: Kunchev, our goalkeeper coach and Radoslav Dimitrov, along with Lachezar Baltanov, have left the club. Makes you raise questions why the hell were they signed in the first place, but oh well...

I watched a bit from Slavia - Litex today and Kristiyan Malinov made a decent impression. Malinov did a few through passes that sliced the Slavia defense and his was the assist for Litex's first goal.

He may as well be one of the great Litex transfers abroad after Georgi Milanov, Simeon Slavchev and Ivelin Popov.