Sign in to follow this  
mattyjewi

A Helping Hand to Newcomers - Read Opening Post

This thread is aimed at newcomers so they can get to know a few other members a lot quicker so they feel part of the SM forum community a lot quicker. What i am going to do is try and do a 'bio' of most active forum members, and will add a few at a time as i dont want to do them all that same time, i will start with a few people that i thik any

newcomer has got to talk to! If you want to be added to the list quicker then drop me PM and i will bump you up the list.

Forum Name- Welshman

Real Name- Dai Winston

Status- Forum Mod (Blue next to his name, you will find yourself green:) )

Supports- Newcastle

Nationality- Welsh- dont be to harsh on the poor fella!

Where can you find him?- Dai is on a lot of the time and browsers post threads and sections on the forum, you can mainly find him in the ''Match Report'' and ''General Discussions'' section.

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=186230

What I think of Dai and why you may like him!- Dai is a person who will always listen to what you have to say, and help you if you have any problems. He's an extremely active forum member who posts some of the best match reports i have seen! Not only is he a legend but he is also my best mate on here, and its a pleasure to even play the same game as they guy :)

Forum Name- Sparky

Real Name- Mitu Ahmed

Status- Forum Mod

Supports- A little less known team called Manchester United

Nationality- English!

Where can you find him?- You can mostly find Sparky in the ''Setups'' area and i am sure you will be able, like Dai, to spot a few of his match reports around. He is widely known as a GC lover. You can also find him in the chatroom a lot so have a look in there!

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=681974

What i think of Sparks- This lad is extremely funny and would for sure make you laugh even through the most difficult of times. If he was about to get shot, he would make the hitman laugh so much his hand and gun would wobble so much he'd shoot himself. He is just a pleasure to talk to and know, and im sure everyone would agree. Sparks your a top friend!

Forum Name- Sinny

Real Name- Tom Sinar

Status- Normal Member

Supports- West Brom???? Who are they??

Nationality- English

Where can you find him?- Tom is another member who browses a lot of the forum and you can pretty much find him anywhere, he posts good match reports aswell as posting in miscellaneus and scouting in ''Player Discussion''. He is also a well known memeber in the chatroom so have a look in there and i am sure that you will find him.

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=251532

What i think of Tom- He was the first person to welcome me on the forum, and we are extremely close friends, sometimewe can just talk about a load of rubbish, thats whats good about Tom, you will never hear him say ' i dont know what to say now' as i am sure that he will be able to think of something to talk about!

Forum Name- Birmingham City

Real Name- Louis Mattis

Status- Normal Member

Supports- Birmingham City, some one has to and he is on a contract, where he earns £45 an hour for wearing a City shirt for 6 hours on a Wednesday:eek: :D

Nationality- English

Where can you find him?- Louis is also a member who browsers pretty much everywhere and you can find him in most places, generally the Welcome section where he performs his catchphrase every so often, but he also posts great match reports and is a top debater.

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=350334

What i think of Louis- Let me take you back to the day Louis joined, i thought what a complete idiot. But he is a classic case of giving someone a chance, and i am now pleased to call him a top friend of mine! He is extremely funny and good natured and woud do anything for anyone! I remember once i was in an MSN convo and him and Dai came in it (well i added them) and Dai stuck up for me but Louis toook it to another level, basically he just makes me smile! Get to know him!!!!

Forum Name- GazzaMUFC

Real Name- Gareth :P Thomas

Supports- Manchester United! Bless...:D

Status- Normal member

NAtionality- English

Where can you find him?- Gazza is a lot like most members, he floats around alot, he generally like most aswell, posta match reports most are of a top quality, he also loves a trip to the miscellaneous, and generally have a discussion with people and a bit of banter!

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=208075

WHat i think and like about Gazza!- When i first came on this forum it was GAzza who made me laugh the most, him and Tom Sinar were the ones who really welcomed me and helped me out, and answered any questions that i had, I talk to this guy on MSN and he is still as funny as ever, i think he is a top top fella!

Forum Name- Baseball Fury

Real Name- Sam Wainwright

Status- Mod

Supports- Only the Best- Chelsea!!!!!!!

NAtionality- English

Where can you find him?- As with mst members he is a bit of a floater, he has some really good ideas and you can find him sometimes in the sugeestions and improvements part of the forum. He also loves a discussion and posts some very good match reports which are up there with the best!

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=35877

Why i like Sam!- Sam is a legend on the forum, he is extrememly well known and a pleasure to talk to. The one thing you will notice about him is he is extremely kind, he is full of praise of everything you do, and never has a bad word to say about most people! I always talk to this guy on MSN and it is a pleasure.

Forum Name = Leigh

Real Name = Leigh Auston

Status = SM Supervisor

Supports = Arsenal

Nationality = English

Where you can find him = Leigh is always online it seems! He generally views most forums but can always be found in the SM Predict forum which is the competition he runs for SM members. He loves a debate and is a decent lad when you get to know him!

Link to profile =

http://forum.soccermanager.com/member.php?u=3162

Why I like Leigh - He is really friendly, always there to help and is an awesome manager on the game. He was the fiurst and only person to do a quadrouple in a GC and always has a few scouting tips to offer. I also chat to Leigh a lot away from SM.

Forum Name- Tebthereb

Real Name- Steven Tebbut

Status- Forum Supervisor

Supports- Tottenham Hotspur

Nationality- English

Where can you find him?- Teb is another guy who folats around a lot of the forum, as a supervisor he needs to as nhe has to check that thingd are running smoothly. He is extremely good at discussing and advising people and i woul say that this is his strength.

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=43453

What i think of him- I never really got to know Teb at the beginning when i joined which was a mistake, i thought that becase he was a Mod at the time he would think he was better than others, he is completely the opposite, in fact all of the mods are, he is extremely helpful and very funny, make sure you get to know him and he will teach you a few tricks of the trade.

Forum Name- Craig

Real Name- Craig Braidwood

Status- Forum Mod

Supports- Rangers

Nationality- Scottish

Where can you find him?- Craig is mostly active in the newcomers section and in the miscellaneous as he does a lot of charity work. This basically somes up his character as an extremely nice guy. Always looking to welcome you to the forum and game, and always looking to help out other people, A real nice guy of the forum.

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=79221

What i think of him- Craig is an extremely nice nice nice guy, if you cannot get on with this fella, then you are going nowhere in life. Be sure to get to know him and send him a PM, he is 100% going to reply to it.:)

Forum Name- Bobo

Real Name- Sam Bartolo

Status- Mod

Supports- Fulham

Nationality- Maltese

Where can you find him?- Bobo is not as active as he used to be but he is still an amazing forumer, it is safe to call him a legend in this place, he browsers around the forum and posts in most places i think:o , so im sure when you are browsing you will see him around.

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=18502

What i think of him- To be honest i never got to know Bobo at the start and rwgretted it as he wa stalked about a lot, so i thought i will add him on MSN and get to know him, he is an extremely nice guy to me, and like craig, you talk to him and take an interest, he will talk and take an interest in what you have to do and say.

Forum Name- Mr Adamski

Real Name- Adam Johnson

Status- Mod

Supports-Aston Villa :o

Nationality- English

Where can you find him?- Adamski is known as a top forumer and is why he won Forumer of the year in 2007, which he deserves, althought he has no tbeen as active this year he posts a lot in all different areas, which is why he won in 2007. He is extremely helpful and loves a good debate.

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=19048

What i think of him?- I havent really got to know this guy much but when i have spoken to him he is extremely polite and has a lot to talk about. He is a nice guy and very very funny!

Forum Name- Dan Payne

Real Name- Dan Payne

Status- Mod

Supports- Spurs

NAtioanlity- English

Where can you find him?- Dan Payne broses all over the forum, but is not as actice as he used to be due to other commitments. However when he is online he looks all over the forum and offers advice for teams, discussions about why Spurs are the worst team in the world :) and post match reports which are always of a high quality.

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=13757

Why i like Dan?- I like Dan because he always talks to me, he is a good friend whim without the forum i would have never got to know. We talk about football, football, and more football, so if yu love football! :D Dan Payne is your man!!!!!;) as are all of the members of this FOOTBALL FORUM!

Widdy, Sheva, TomOwen are the netxt 3 that i am going to do after i have been out to get some mushrooms.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: Newcomers- Meet a few Members

This thread is aimed at newcomers so they can get to know a few other members a lot quicker so they feel part of the SM forum community a lot quicker. What i am going to do is try and do a 'bio' of most active forum members' date=' and will add a few at a time as i dont want to do them all that same time, i will start with a few people that i thik any

newcomer has got to talk to! If you want to be added to the list quicker then drop me PM and i will bump you up the list.[/color']

Forum Name- Welshman

Real Name- Dai Winston

Status- Forum Mod (Blue next to his name, you will find yourself green:) )

Supports- Newcastle

Nationality- Welsh- dont be to harsh on the poor fella!

Where can you find him?- Dai is on a lot of the time and browsers post threads and sections on the forum, you can mainly find him in the ''Match Report'' and ''General Discussions'' section.

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=186230

What I think of Dai and why you may like him!- Dai is a person who will always listen to what you have to say, and help you if you have any problems. He's an extremely active forum member who posts some of the best match reports i have seen! Not only is he a legend but he is also my best mate on here, and its a pleasure to even play the same game as they guy :)

Forum Name- Sparky

Real Name- Mitu Ahmed

Status- Forum Mod

Supports- A little less known team called Manchester United

Nationality- English!

Where can you find him?- You can mostly find Sparky in the ''Setups'' area and i am sure you will be able, like Dai, to spot a few of his match reports around. He is widely known as a GC lover. You can also find him in the chatroom a lot so have a look in there!

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=681974

What i think of Sparks- This lad is extremely funny and would for sure make you laugh even through the most difficult of times. If he was about to get shot, he would make the hitman laugh so much his hand and gun would wobble so much he'd shoot himself. He is just a pleasure to talk to and know, and im sure everyone would agree. Sparks your a top friend!

Forum Name- Sinny

Real Name- Tom Sinar

Status- Normal Member

Supports- West Brom???? Who are they??

Nationality- English

Where can you find him?- Tom is another member who browses a lot of the forum and you can pretty much find him anywhere, he posts good match reports aswell as posting in miscellaneus and scouting in ''Player Discussion''. He is also a well known memeber in the chatroom so have a look in there and i am sure that you will find him.

Link to profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=251532

What i think of Tom- He was the first person to welcome me on the forum, and we are extremely close friends, sometimewe can just talk about a load of rubbish, thats whats good about Tom, you will never hear him say ' i dont know what to say now' as i am sure that he will be able to think of something to talk about!

Forum Name- Birmingham City

Real Name- Louis Mattis

Supports- Birmingham City, some one has to and he is on a contract, where he earns £45 an hour for wearing a City shirt for 6 hours on a Wednesday:eek: :D

Nationality- English

Where can you find him?- Louis is also a member who browsers pretty much everywhere and you can find him in most places, generally the Welcome section where he performs his catchphrase every so often, but he also posts great match reports and is a top debater.

Link to Profile- http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=350334

What i think of Louis- Let me take you back to the day Louis joined, i thought what a complete idiot. But he is a classic case of giving someone a chance, and i am now pleased to call him a top friend of mine! He is extremely funny and good natured and woud do anything for anyone! I remember once i was in an MSN convo and him and Dai came in it (well i added them) and Dai stuck up for me but Louis toook it to another level, basically he just makes me smile! Get to know him!!!!

I will add a few more to the list later, i just got a little bored of it for the time being!

Good thread. The mods should make this sticky.

Guest King Kolo

Good Idea:D

You better do me soon :P

Great thread Matt and i really think this could be useful to new members. I think once you get around 10 names down you should PM this thread to some mods and ask them to make it a sticky thread, in fact you should do this straight away as you can obviously see that this thread has potential.

Great start mate, will be keeping an eye on how this thread progresses. :)

Guest King Kolo

Ditto buddy' date=' I'm a Chelsea fan, I should be first in line for you :)

Great Idea though[/quote']

And you think you won´t do a Palace Fan first! :D

Aww Shuks....:o:) !

Cheers for your very kind words Matt.....

This is a very good idea and I have repped you for it....

Btw...Please change Gazza's nationality to Welsh/English as I'm sure he would appreciate it, as would I.....:P:D;)

Aww Shuks....:o:) !

Cheers for your very kind words Matt.....

This is a very good idea and I have repped you for it....

Btw...Please change Gazza's nationality to Welsh/English as I'm sure he would appreciate it' date=' as would I.....:P:D;)[/quote']

Didnt notice that bid, i only read the lovely words about me from our matthew :P

Yeh change it to Welsh/English please :)

Guest Phill

good thread matt ;) where is my name on that list? :D im gonna rep you for the good idea ;)