Tricky deal - help!

Man Utd has offered me this -

Manchester United have made an offer to Juventus for Gianluigi BUFFON of £0 plus Edwin VAN DER SAR and Ribas DIEGO

I have riquelme in playing in the hole in the 3-4-1-2 formation. Diego could play in the midfield though, i only have joao mountinho, josue, nocerino and nasri there.

what do u think?

cheers (rep for good explanation!)

Re: Tricky deal - help!

yep, keep him.

VdS is a keeper with a validity date very short, maybe 1/2 seasons and with that age will never reach to the value of Buffon that is here ''for the curves''.

if you have money, you could use Nocerino for a p/e for a player better than him to strength your midfield.

not in Germany, or not in Bremen. To reach 95 in Germany, he have to play more then ever played, score more than ever scored, win the Bundesliga and made a good campaign in champions... will be hard follow all these points :P

a little bit more serious, 94 is fine for him and i doubt he will increase soon for all the points i mentioned above.

i wouldn't do that deal.. but it's just me..

not in Germany' date=' or not in Bremen. To reach 95 in Germany, he have to play more then ever played, score more than ever scored, win the Bundesliga and made a good campaign in champions... will be hard follow all these points :P

a little bit more serious, 94 is fine for him and i doubt he will increase soon for all the points i mentioned above.

i wouldn't do that deal.. but it's just me..[/quote']

thanks alot. But i see him on the same level as ribery though.

Gah, differing opinions :rolleyes:

cheers (have to spread the rep ard first:D )

Personally mate, I would do it.

Diego is a class of his own in my opinion and will one day be up to Kaka's standards.

Ok, so VDS is getting on a bit, he still has another 2 years in him and will probley move to Ajax, where he should only drop do a 92 at least?

Buffon is a good goalkeeper but I think its the outfield players which give the biggest impact on SM, you just need someone rated say 92, who can do the job. :o

If it was me, I'd go for it.

Do It.

VDS is still a very good goalkeeper and there is life in the old dog yet.

Also, Diego is a brilliant player and will only improve. Also, you could sell a midfielder now to generate funds for a number 2 goalkeeper for cheap-ish that could possibly fill VDS boots. Alot of them will have been bought but im sure there are one or two options, its just knowing who they are.

Guest joe black

I would do the deal,VDS could play for another 2 seasons and not drop,thats 5-6 seasons on SM,I have Diego in my Bremen team and i agree with Gibz on the part where i dont think he will rise but i think 94 is about right for him and he is a geat player to have if you have any M injuries and gives you more options as well;):)

I would accept.

VDS will do just as good as buffon in goal and diego is a healthy addition to your midfield.

If you do accept and if it goes through u shud sell one of your midfielders that are down the pecking order and use the cash to buy a keeper who can replace VDS wen he retires(Lloris,Ochoa ect).Or you can use them in P/E.