Gold Championship 21- News, Transfers & Match Reports

Nick Justice

Re: Gold Championship 21- News, Transfers & Match Reports

Preston's hopes of a miracle escape from relegation are still on as they drew 3-3 at home to Charlton, coming from behind 3 times. The gap at the bottom has now been cut to 5 points, and with 5 games left, survival is still a possibility.

Since taking over at Preston, George has turned the squad around and a team who were bottom of the Championship and almost certain for relegation have now been turned into one he hopes can stay up and challenge for promotion next year.

Results since taking over;

Drew 2-2 with Reading

Lost 2-1 to Nottingham Forest

Beat Crystal Palace 3-2

Lost 3-2 to Wolves

Drew 1-1 with Plymouth

Drew 1-1 with Ipswich

Lost 5-2 to Bristol City

Beat Watford 1-0

Beat Norwich 2-1

Beat Cardiff 2-0

Drew 3-3 with Charlton

Next Saturday sees Preston face league leaders Derby County and both clubs will be desperate for a win, not only for the league but also because I can't lose to a Derby fan :? :P

wozzagc21ln0.jpg

new_derby_crst_dcfc_couk.jpg

3 MORE POINTS EDGE WARREN'S MEN CLOSER TO PARADISE

badge.gif 2-4derby-county-badge.jpg

Rams Manager Sam Warren was delighted with Derby's battling 4-2 win over play off pushers Ipswich Town, as he believed it showed the Character of the Team, after coming from behind to beat a very strong Ipswich Side.

As soon as the Whistle blew, Derby didn't show any scars from the defeat on Wednesday to Plymouth, who have been Derby's bogey side this season, Antonio De Nigris showed the way forward, as he came close in the first opening minutes. Robinson Zapata minutes later then had to make another fine save, from an Alan Lee power driver.

But again, Derby were a victim to another early goal, and it came from Jordan Rhodes, who scrambled the ball in from 3 yards, and Ipswich Town had an early advantage over The Rams.

The Rams didn't even reply to the Ipswich goal, as The Tractor Boys piled on the pressure. But then finally, a little bit magic from the little Italian Magician, Marco Marchionni made the scores level, with a quality turn and shot from the edge of the box on 19 minutes, and it bought The Rams back into the Match.

C_3_Media_95473_immagine_det.jpg

He's Done it Again! Thats not the First Time Marchionni has done that!

As Soon as Marchionni scored, we saw a different Derby side, as they piled on the pressure, De Nigris coming the closest for The Rams, seeing his shot go just wide. But Ipswich had a chance, and they took it, just before the half time whistle, James Bailey curled in a wonderful 20 yard shot, to take Ipswich Town into the lead into the break.

Second Half, Ipswich came to attack, but it seemed to backfire, as Derby kept the ball, and they managed to get a goal from it, as Sami Hyypia scored an absolute screamer, as he riled a 35 yard shot right into the top corner, it was unstoppable! and that bought The Rams level on 53 minutes.

Hyypia_.jpg

Hyypia scores an absolute screamer! and its only to equalise!

After the goal, The Rams kept the ball well, and also made some very good chances, with Mauro Cantoro and Djimi Traore coming close for Derby. The finally, Derby took the lead, through Argentinian Midfielder Mauro Cantoro, with a neat finish inside the box on 65 minutes, and The Rams were on there way to 3 very vital points.

z3028414Z.jpg

Cantoro puts Derby into the Lead for the First time in the Game.

Ipswich tried to reply and they were very close to doing so through Alan Lee, but then, to settle the nerves, Substitute Ireneusz Jelen, scored a wonderful diving header at the far post, to give The Rams all 3 very very VERY vital points.

ireneusz_jelen_470.jpeg

Jelen wraps the 3 points up for The Rams.

5.jpg

5t.jpg

With 5 Games to go, Manager Sam Warren said that every game from now till the end of the season is going to be like a Cup final match, but He will try his very best to keep his side motivated and concentrated.

He also reported that Midfielder Christian Mandfredini kicked up a slight injury in the game against Ipswich, but Warren now has Miguel Corona back into selection, after he served his 3 match ban.

Derby face Tom Goodson's Bristol City on Wednesday at Pride Park, who have been in a great run of form, but lost yesterday to Sheffield United 2-1. They Then face Relegation battlers Preston North End away, who ae fighting for their lives for all the wrong reasons, but George's Men will be giving it there all on that Saturday night.

Warren's Men then host Norwich, who are pushing for a play off spot, The on the Saturday, they travel to Cardiff, who are currently in 4th place.

Then on the last game of the season, They host Charlton Athletic at home on the 31st of December, and hopefully fingers crossed, Derby County will be promoted.

Juventus beat Torino 2-0 away from home to keep Juve in 2nd spot.

Amauri gave Juve the lead after onlt 14 minutes after a bad bit of defending left him free in the box. Trezeguet doubled the lead on 36 minutes after he rose majestically and headed the inswinging corner into the net.

Juventus need Inter to drop points in order to win the league, Juventus play Inter on the final day and the title might be decided then.

Bristollllll

As Wozza said, we lost 2-1 to the blades last night, but are looking up and looking forward to the match against him.

PET, when asked about this, said:

You need 9 Strikers!

Promising words there, however, Tom Goodson had something different to say:

Essentially, there is a winner or a loser in this game. A Draw would not suit Wozza, therefore Bristol can hold their heads high and count this as a moral win, however, we are going for the 3 points.

Bristol are trying to push for the playoffs after coming from second bottom.

We currently sit on 41 points, and the Bottom place in the playoff position is sitting on 48 points. However, Tom Goodson also added:

We are trying to strengthen the squad for this season, and make a big push for next season. Hopefully we'll scrounge a few deals and bring some guys in, but who knows.

Look out for next times edition of Bristol Weekly. :)

Lost away at Gremio last night, so still need one point in my last three games.

What a time to lose your first match in ten matches (all competitions).

Last three matches against Flamengo at home[3rd], and Botafogo[4th] and Santos[9th] away.

One point from those three is all that I need and surely, surely I will get it and complete the league and cup double!

31_1229339837.jpgEverton 2 - 4 Arsenal 1_1193387951.gif

Gunners edge closer to league title

Another fine win for Arsenal beating Everton at Goodison Park , after a excelent result last week where Arsenal who are 1st and Liverpool were second , Arsenal walked away the victors after winning 2-1 at Anfield . So anyways Arsenal beat Everton 4-2 on Sunday night with braces from Adebayor and Van Persie , Its good form for the Gunners after there dissapointing Champs league semi final loss to Barca , Arsenal sit top a single point clear of Newcastle with 5 games to play .

22_1209755861.jpg3954_1223304720.jpg

Van Persie and Adebayor the heroes again for Arsenal

Won 0:2 last night away at Botafogo as the celebrations continue :).

Just had a look at the tables and Wozza I wish you all the best of luck as it is going to be close if you're going to win the league ;).

George, only two points from safety... I admire what you have done and good luck in achieving survial B).

TECOS FUTURE IS SOMETHING I CAN'T COMMENT ON AT THE MOMENT

News coming out of Mexico this morning are bringing shocking stories, that suggest Tecos manager Tom Greenfield isnt sure of his future at the club, and is bitterly dissapointed at the SMFA for taking 2 places away from europe in Mexico 'ever so sudden'.

"I like the club, but the end of this season was very annoying to be honest,"
"We should be in the SMFA Shield next season, but instead it seems like we won't be, which isn't actually our fault,"
"But another side of me wants to stay here, build a strong side, and be successful,"
"However if a job came available to me all of a sudden, especially from England, then it might be too good to refuse im afriad,"

68_front_small.gif

Title Looks Secure

Manager Dale Selby who recently joined Accrington Stanley on week 10 Accrington were 15th and as I am in week 36 right now Accrington Stanley r now in 1st place.Wonderkid Victor Chavez has scored 23goals in 24 games and aswell he's only 18 years old.

Top 5 positions in Division 5

1st Accrington Stanley 69points

2nd Notts County 68 points

3rd Wrexham 62 points

4th Morecambe 59 points

5th Mansfield Town 55 points

"Even If I don't win Division 5 I will be happy finishing 2nd but we all want to come first but in my point of view promotion is in the Bag" Quoted Dale Selby (Accrington Stanley Manager)

Survival is a step closer for Preston now as they beat league leaders Derby County 1-0 at Deepdale on Saturday. Both sides had been desperate for the 3 points for completely different reasons, but the result was never in doubt after £3.1 million signing Yusef Simsek scored in the 8th minute.

Just hours before the game, fans were left nervous and worried as 1st choice keeper Andy Lonergan completed a £5.4 million move away from the club. However, 29 year old Danut Coman of Rapid Bucuresti joined just in time for £5.3 million and was able to make his debut.

Disappointingly, Swansea and Charlton both took 3 points from their games and so Preston remain 18th and 2 points away. With 3 games left though, it's a huge possibility... Burnley are up next.

Alrite folks I'm Bayern Munich in GC 21, I have money and a couple of players that I'd like to swap eg, Podolski, Jansen Young LB;)

Bayern finish second to Wolfsburg

Fc Bayern finished a suprising 2nd place behind unfancied Wolfsburg in a scramble for the Division 1 title. Bayern Munich Coach Kenny McKenna was on hand for a short interview and had this to say.

"We started very badly indeed and if I'm honest it was the pressure of managing one of the biggest clubs in world football that got to me" Obviously my first signing in Ronaldo from Man Utd was a highlight and entering the champions league and with the german cup competitions took it's toll on my small squad."

"We gave them (Wolfsburg) a real fright we won our last 18 games of the season and finished 1 point behind them,m I have since then spoken to the Wolfsburg coach and passed me good wishes on to him and his club he has done a fantastic job with (imo) a small club"

"This season will be a different story i have the experience and now the players to lead the charge for the title and the Champions league. None more so than Fernando Torres and Cristiano Ronaldo leading us into a real fight this year"

315_1202603969.gif

CAEN EDGE CLOSER TO TITLE

Caen are in reaching distance on lifting the french league title, with 3 games to go caen find themselves joint top of the league on 70 points with Lyon, caens run in is tough with mid tabel bordeaux, title chasers Lyon and 3rd place also title contenders Auxerre, caen manager said that he feels that if his squad can keep a clear head then they can lift the title...

315_1202603969.gif

CAEN SLIP UP IN TITLE BID

Caen have let slip there chances of lifting the french title by losing 4-0 to midtable bordeaux, leaving gadgas men everything to play for with there next two games.. Manager gadga said that he is very very dissapointed with the display of the squad against bordeaux now we have got to get resulst against top spot lyon and 3rd place auxerre if we are going to lift the title.. With the top 3 teams qualifing for the smfa groups and 2 teams qualifying for the smfa shield gadgas men know that they will be playing in europe but gadga stated that he wants to win the french league title and go in to the group stages..

Lyon tonight sealed the French league thrashing Valenciennes 6-0. Gadga's Caen could only manage a 2-2 draw against Auxerre which left them five points adrift of Lyon with only one game remaining. Lyon face Gadga's Caen on the final day of the season, and no matter the result, Lyon will lift the French league title.

47_1190143104.gifMan City 1 - 2 Arsenal1_1193387951.gif

Gunners 3 points from league title !

A big win for Arsenal on Saturday evening beating City 2-1 , with 1 game togo Arsenal sit top on goal difference with Liverpool in second both on 67 points but Arsenal have scored 94 goals so all is required is a win in the last game of the season when Arsenal face 5th placed Fulham at the Emirates

2532_1210246578.jpg11583_1210098369.jpg

A Debut goal from Fabio Simplicio and a Ledesma strike sealed the points for Arsenal

Wallis has 1 hand on the first title in a GC well have to wait till New Years Eve for the outcome...

255_front_small.gif110_1227090196.jpg254_front_small.gif

Inter Claim League Title

Juventus failed to win in their last 3 league matches handing the league title to rival Inter Milan.

Juventus drew 2-2 with Genoa which almost cost Juve the title but Inter also dropped points meaning Juventus were still in with a shout. Juve however went on to lose to Palermo while Inter won again, Inter extend the lead to 6 points with 2 games left... Juve were still in with an outside chance of winning the league.

All they needed was Inter to lose their remaining 2 games, and they lost the first one. Juventus gifted Inter the title moments later after only managing a draw with Udinese.

Inter win the league with 1 game to play shattering Juventus' dreams in the process

Despite a 2-0 defeat against Burnley on Christmas Eve, Preston hit back on Saturday with a 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday...

They went into tonight's game still in the bottom 3 and needing a win as well as Wednesday, Charlton and Wolves all losing...

Sheff Wednesday 1-4 Norwich

Reading 3-2 Wolves

Derby 2-1 Charlton (ty Sam :P)

... left Preston needing to do their bit...

Preston North End win 4 - 0 against Queens Park Rangers :D

Preston finish 16th and complete their miracle escape.. knowing I've kept them up when they were all but down when I took over is a better feeling than winning the Champions Cup :rolleyes::o;)

255_front_small.gif110_1227090196.jpg254_front_small.gif

Juventus 8 - 0 Inter Milan

Juventus destroyed Champions Internazionale 8-0 in a top of the table clash in Serie A. A first half hat-trick from Trezeguet and a Nedved goal sent Juve in at the break 4-0 up.

Del Piero, Cameranesi and two more from Trezeguet ended the scoring sending Juventus to a huge, but meaningless win over Inter.

Juve could have secured second spot IF Milan had failed to win, but Milan edged past Udinese to wrap up 2nd spot

ATLéTICO MADRID last night were crowned Kings of Spain after Valencia slipped up in the last game of the season and could only manage a draw, dropping them from 1st to 3rd place.

SoP said "Its always great to win a league, the lads have done us proud this season."

497029_mediumsquare.jpg

CAEN SETTLE FOR 2ND PLACE

Caen beat newley champions lyon 4-3 lastnite to settle for a place in the smfa championships, lyon won the league last week as caen failed to win against auxerre but manager gadga said he his very chuffed about the whole attatude with the squad as they proved that they have what it takes to challenge for the title, we did ourselves justice this season and losing the title to a very good strong side like lyon is no mean feat...