Gold Championship 21- News, Transfers & Match Reports

Nick Justice

Re: Gold Championship 21- News, Transfers & Match Reports

markgc21tc1.jpg

1_1193387951.gif

After Arsenals very dissapointing start to the new campaign , Wallis has decided to take action , I expected big things of these boys this season after finishing runners up last time out, the players just arent playing so Adebayor has been sold in a player exchange deal , and there are expected to be more Arsenal stars leaving the Emirates

3954_1223304720.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor has left the club after his poor form

9320_1220437515.jpg4668_1210094176.jpg

Pavel Pogrebnyak and Piotr Trochowski join the club in exchange for Adebayor

• 2 weeks later...

juvegc21ya4.jpg

110_1227090196.jpgJuventus 4 - 4 Milan115_1199412364.gif

Juventus and AC Milan battled out a 4-4 draw last night in a breath-taking display of football.

The match started at a very fast tempo with Nedved forcing Abbiati into a great save after only a minute of play. AC Milan took the lead after 13 minutes when the Juventus defence allowed Seedorf too much time and space in the box and he made no mistake from 10 yards.

Milan doubled the lead when a long ball over the defence was superbly controlled by Jankulovski who volleyed past the motionless Doni.

Milan were in dream land a minute later when Gattuso scored with a powerful shot which went in via the post. AC Milan lead 3-0 going into half time.

2470_1209755861.jpg2473_1209755861.jpg2468_1209755861.jpg

Put Milan 3-0 up at Half-Time.

Allan MUFC must have given Juventus a few harsh words at half time as seconds after the restart Iaquinta was able to tap in the rebound from a brilliant long range effort that the keeper was only able to parry.

The comeback looked short lived when Ronaldinho made it 4-1 to Milan when he scored a low shot from 20 yards that nestked into the bottom corner.

2666_1227007219.jpg2387_1227007214.jpg

Gave Juventus Hope.

Trezeguet scored a trademark goal just beofre the hour mark to keep Juventus' faint hopes alive. On 67 minutes it was 4-3 when a dangerous corner was nodded home by Iaquinta.

Juventus pulled level at 4-4 when Mellberg was able to bundle the ball over the line after a goalmouth scramble.

37_1226950223.jpg

Mellberg Gave Juventus a Point

Juventus thought they had won tha match in the last seconds of the game but Abbiati somehow managed to get his hand to the ball and push it away

• 2 weeks later...

markgc21tc1.jpg

Arsenal have improved there form of late moving up the table unbeaten in there last six games as a reault of there early exit from the SMFA Group Stage Carlos Vela , Aaron Ramsey and Armand Traore have been made availbale for loan , smaller clubs will get priority , Gallas and Rosicky are available for p/e

markgc21tc1.jpg

49_1204432433.gifMan United 0 - 3 Arsenal1_1237749663.jpg

Arsenal travelled to Old Trafford last night on the back of a great win over league champions Liverpool , with Arsenals terrible start to the season they are now looking like moving up the table with a bit of good form returning , Arsenal dominated this game at Old Trafford and it could of been a rugby score , Full back Bacary Sagna scoring the opener with a curling shot from 25 yards for his first of the season , after the break it was Fabio Simplicio who extended the Gunners lead with a first time volley and on form Robin Van Persie netting the final goal with a diving header at the back post , so back to back wins against Liverpool and United iis fantastic and after being knocked out of the SMFA Group stage early on we will have 100% on moving back up the table

3795_1209755861.jpg2532_1210246578.jpg22_1232488906.jpg

Bacary Sagna , Fabio Simplicio and Robin Van Persie getting the goals in a huge win against rivals Man United

markgc21tc1.jpg

1_1237749663.jpgArsenal 9 - 0 Hull City37_1205746972.gif

Van Persie hits five as in form Arsenal destroy Hull City

Arsenal hosted Hull City last night at the Emirates after wins over Liverpool and Man United , Robin Van Persie getting himself a first half hatrick , Rosicky , Trochowski also scoring to make it 5-0 at half time

4582_1209755861.jpg4668_1210094176.jpg

Trochowski and Rosicky getting first half goals

Second half and Arsenal were just as rampant as the first with Van Persie getting another 2 , Fabregas and Nasri also scoring on the rout , a magnificent win for the in form Arsenal who are moving up the table very quickly

19_1226589443.jpg3897_1222349037.jpg

Fabregas and Nasri also scoring

22_1232488906.jpg

Van Persie on amazing form scoring an incredible 5 goals

Guest TOM_HEMY

HamburgerSV.gif

kaka3.jpg

KAKA MOVES BACK TO INTER!

Brazilian sensation Kaka has today completed his move back to Inter Milan but Hamburg manager Tom Hemy said that it was an offer he could not refuse as the deal saw Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mexico playmaker Pavel Pardo move to the HSH Nordbank arena. Hemy had this to say:

I am disappointed that Kaka has left the club, he lifted the team incredibly and was so loyal but you can see it in his eyes that he should be playing at the top level and at the moment we can't offer him thatBut no one can deny that the offer from Inter was a brilliant one, I rate both of the players we received very highly and I think they will get the team back up the table because lets not forget that we were flying high in the early parts of the season but now we're only 4 points above the drop zone.

wozzagc21ln0.jpg

new_derby_crst_dcfc_couk.jpg

DERBY COUNTY NEWS

"This Season Has been a Learning Curve for us, Forget where we are in the league, the boys have done us proud on that pitch this season, even if we get relegated, the lads on the pitch deserve alot of credit." The words of Derby County manager Sam Warren, who has guided his Derby County side to 11th in Division 1 and to the Semi Finals of the English Cup, where they will face Yeovil Town on Monday.

The Rams have pulled some magnificent results out of the bag this season, and 11th spot reflects how well they have done so far this season.

Warren has found a winning side, with De Nigris and Kanu, the strikeforce which got The Rams promoted, have proved they can cut it at the highest level, and a Battling midfield of Marchionni, Stolidis, Manfredini and Jelen, out muscling the likes of Manchester United and Newcastle United.

However, Warren knows that the job isn't over yet, and he knows that his Derby side can get higher than 11th, starting against Portsmouth today. If His side manages to beat Pompey today, the Rams could move up to 9th, if all the teams around them lose, one of those sides being Pompey.

Warren also isn't out of the race for a European spot, but has admitted that it is highly unlikely, but does know that if he wins the English Cup, where if his team manages to surpass Yeovil, will face either Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers, which he knows won't be easy.

His side is 3 points off 6th placed Tottenham, but has a big job on his hands, if he wants to break into the top 6.

But Warren did admit that he would be chuffed to bits if he saw the side he supports manage to break into the top 10 of English football. However, Warren has warned his players, not to become too complacent, as they are only 10 points clear of the drop zone, so a win today is vital.

Another Positive that Warren has pointed out, is that His Derby Side are unbeaten in 4 games, and are 3rd In the form table, and are starting to become a hard side to beat.

LeagueTable.jpg

I tried a bit of a Caleb Chee style of Match Report, Just too see how i am at it.

Not going to use it regularly though :P.

306_1206064924.gif

Sao Paolo sign Vlad to be there new manager!

Vlad arrived in Sao Paolo just hours ago to sign a contract with Sao Paolo to be there new manager, Vlad is a very experienced manager and knows the club well as he used to be a a Full-Back for the Brazilian Powerhouse.He has also played a few games with there current goalie Rogerio Ceni when Vlad was a soccer player and Ceni was a talent.

This club has had a lot of downs this season as former manager Futuro did a very bad job of managing the Brazilians and now the squad is happy with there new manager.

10651_1209755861.jpg10864_1221313615.jpg16053_1209755861.jpg

I am now currently very active in the transfer world as I'm trying to sign Nigerian ace Victor Anichebe.We have made an exciting bid for the Victor, The deal is as reported to be 3 million euros plus rising stars Andre Liam and Sergio Mota.

I have put Rogerio Ceni up on the Transfer List as we are looking for a younger Goalkeeper, I have been thinking of maybe signing German star goalkepper Manuel Neuer or other German start Rene Adler.

Match Preview:

306_1206064924.gif VS 307_1190173839.gif

Sao Paolo have a had a very tough season, A lot of losses and very embarrassing losses which have discouraged our team, Well as i have arrived at the team, The team has high hopes with me, mainly trying to finish in the top 4 which might really be a tough job as we are 14 points behind 4th placed Internacional, Although we have enough games togain those much need 14 points.

Sao Paolo will be facing Vasco Da Gama which should be an easy match as Vasco's players are nothing match to Sao Paolo players for the match.

306_1206064924.gif

Sao Paolo hunting down a midfield trio!

2842_1223543663.jpg3467_1231947463.jpg464_1233939360.jpg

Sao Paolo have just recently put in bids for Spanish play-maker Albert Riera, French Defensive-Mid Lass Diarra and Argentine international Fernando gago.

''These three players can really boost our squad plus Victor Anichebe who might head over to Sao Paolo to.

If these players move to Sao Paolo, Then Gago will be playing in a Centre-Midifled position, Diarra right behind him in Centre-Defensive midfield and Riera in Left Attacking-Midfield.

It will basically look like this:

Diarra

Gago--Riera

• 4 weeks later...

ipswich towns new hope

38_1193803499.giftoday ipswich town named roy keane as there new manager and he is said to be looking to help them stay in div 2 as thay are 15 and are on 38 points out of 32 games this is how the league looks

1Bristol City32 2084703634682Wigan Athletic32 205764253965

3Queens Park Rangers 32 1859573225594Cardiff City32 1778533914585Sheffield United32 1688503515566Leicester City32 1651150351553

7Preston North End32 14810715615508Barnsley32 1481051429509Swansea City32 14612615564810Sunderland32 145135563-84711Crystal Palace32 13712564974612Birmingham City32 116154448-43913Watford32 109133947-83914Norwich City32 123174757-103915IPSWICH TOWN32 91112545403816Plymouth Argyle32 96174358-153317Sheffield Wednesday32 89153248-1633

18Manchester City32 85193653-172919Millwall32 69174894-462720Blackpool32 44243590-5516

he will be looking to spend 15mill by there next game so pm him if you are looking t sell for money

• 2 weeks later...

juvegc21ya4.jpg

Juventus Are Serie A Champions!!

Juventus last night secured The Serie A Title with comfortable 3-0 win away to Reggina Salihamidzic put Juventus ahead before 20 minutes with a powerful right footed shot. Riera doubled the lead befor the hour using his pace to beat a flat footed defence before calmly slotting in. Del Piero wraped up victory with a minute to go and with victory came Juventus' first league title under Allan MUFC. With 3 games to play Juventus have a 10 point lead meaning they are uncatchable.

I am delighted to have won the leauge this season' date=' last year we came close but we were narrowly beaten to the league, finishing 3rd only 1 point behind second placed Milan and only 2 points off top spot and Inter.

This season we got ahead early and never looked back.[/quote']

Juventus are on a great run winning their last 9 league games their only loss in the last 20 league games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BBRRIISSTTOOLL City.

Bristol City are already enjoying their first stay in the premiership with some good results against much stronger opposition. Bristol won 2-1 against Manchester United, 6-1 against Wigan Athletic and 3-2 against Reading.

Some dramatic wins in the cup also put the beginning of the season on a high, after Beating Walsall 3-0 in Round One of the English Shield and smashing Port Vale 6-0 in Round Two.

Manager Tom Goodson is not however celebrating with the players and fans, when quizzed on the matter he gave a clear reason why:

Someone needs to stay level-headed, I mean its great to be where we are at the moment, but we need to focus on the next game and not let this get to our heads, or else we could be fighting for survival, and that is not acceptable.

BBBRRRIIISSSTTTOOOLLL CCCIIITTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

After a good run in the new season, and also Bristol City's first in the top flight, the joy continues with a 2-1 win over West Ham United. This see's Bristol 2nd in the tablle, behind Arsenal on goal difference.

Kets hope we can keep it up...

Match Preview:

Bristol City vs West Bromwich Albion.

West Brom have the stronger squad going into tomorrow nights clash, but with some of their key men NMF, Bristol will be looking to take advantage if this by attacking those parts. An expected WBA lineup looks like this:

Carson

Zuiverloon, Cerdan, Cesar, Robinson.

Morrison, Koren, David Ferreria, Brunt.

Worrall, Washinton.

With a straight 4-4-2.

Bristol City are expected to line up as follows:

Ivankov,

Jemmali, Abardonado, Garce, Pinola,

Parola, Villarreal

McIndoe, Carlos Eduardo, Al Shalhoub,

Moteab

with a 4-2-3-1 Formation.

Sitting at the top end of the table, Bristol are the favourites to win this match, but as seen before many times, things don't always go as planned.

Cod Out.

• 1 month later...

Bristol Newsflash:

After suffering a defeat to the hands of Arsenal, and then a dissappointing draw at Stoke, Bristol City have slipped to 2nd in the table, although on the same points as Arsenal, our inferior GD forces us into second, 1 point ahead of Aston Villa in 3rd.

Rumoured Line-up.

Juan Alberto Sabia to replace Jacques Abardonado at CB for the next game against Derby, as Bristol look to add some more left footers into the game, to give our football a bit more balance.

Match report to follow on Saturday.

Bristol Newsflash:

After suffering a defeat to the hands of Arsenal' date=' and then a dissappointing draw at Stoke, Bristol City have slipped to 2nd in the table, although on the same points as Arsenal, our inferior GD forces us into second, 1 point ahead of Aston Villa in 3rd.

Rumoured Line-up.

Juan Alberto Sabia to replace Jacques Abardonado at CB for the next game against Derby, as Bristol look to add some more left footers into the game, to give our football a bit more balance.

Match report to follow on Saturday.[/quote']

Well, I doubt we will be seeing this Match Report, because I can report that Derby County beat Bristol City 3-2, to go just 2 points behind 3rd (Aston Villa) and 2nd (Bristol City). Derby currently sit in 4th position and are 5 points behind leaders Arsenal.

Just for that, heres my match report.

Bristol City were defeated by Derby County 3-2 as Bristol's run of good form ended, it all summed up by my AM and my LM's performance rating of 4, while Marek Kulic gave me an 8... typical really.

Looking to bounce back strongly against Everton on Wednesday, a change of formation may be implemented to help see Bristol remain in the Champs cup spots..

More to follow if I can be bothered.

• 1 month later...

Back in this as Birmingham manager :)

Good to see my old Preston finally made it to the Premier League, even if they look like going down again as they're bottom and the manager hasn't logged in for a month. :o

Anyway, similar to when I took Preston, Sam challenged me to take them and keep them up that season which I did, now it's time to do the same with Birmingham, currently bottom of division 2.

Doyle - 80

Murphy - 85

Parnaby - 83

Jaidi - 85

Gavrancic - 84

Taylor - 84

Poulsen - 86

Carsley - 86

Nafti - 83

Johnson - 84

Agustien - 84

Owusu-Abeyie - 84

McSheffrey - 83

Bent - 84

O'Connor - 84

are all available for cash. I know I only have 21 players atm, but if your interested in any just bid anyway because I have quite a few bids in that should be completed tomorrow so it'll still go through. I doubt anybody is interested though :o

wozzagc21ln0.jpg

new_derby_crst_dcfc_couk.jpg

DERBY COUNTY UPDATE

Once upon a Time, Derby County under the Legend who is Brian Clough, took on the best of the best. They took on the Champions of England, the Champions of Europe and the Champions of the World, playing without any fear.

Now, Manager Sam Warren has got his team playing exactly how Clough got his players playing 40 years ago, and reliving and bringing back memories of what was the most historic moment in Derby County's History.

Warren's Men sit 4th in the Premier League, 5 points off 2nd and 3rd placed Arsenal and Bristol City, and 9 points behind Leaders Aston Villa.

The target for The Rams is to finish in the Top 4, which will Guarentee them a Champions League spot for next season, something hasn't been achieved since the great Brian Clough back in 1972. If Derby were to finish in the Top 4, it would put behind all there problems the club have faced in the last 10 years, with financial problems and sacking after sacking, and would put them concentrating, taking on the best teams on the planet.

Untitled-2.png

Derby sit in an impressive 4th spot, but know there are plenty of more Games to go.

You would think that Sam Warren couldn't be more pleased with his sides huge effort this season, after finishing 11th last season, is a huge leap in class. But Warren remains unfazed, and couldn't stress more that their is a long way to go.

This has been a brilliant season for us, but we must not get carried away. We have to keep our feet on the ground, because we know that it could all go wrong in just one game, and it can ruin our chances. Of course, Im loving every minute of this, being a Derby fan does make this job alot more enjoyable, and I know that around the city of Derby that there is an excitment in the air, and everyone is talking about the football - I can't remember the last time the fans did that, its because this club has under achieved in the last 20 to 30 years - at one point it was close to extinction, and finally, this club is back to where we should be, and thats competing at the top of Division 1.

But as I have said already, their is a long way to go, and if we do manage to finish in the top 4, then Im sure that some of the fans will be recalling the things which Clough did, and I hope we can reach new heights.

article-0-019503BF0000044D-315_468x404.jpg

Warren said being a Derby Fan makes this job alot more enjoyable, and relishes the chance to follow in Brian Clough's footsteps.

Warren's side have impressed massively this season, with the likes of Goalkeeper Robinson Zapata, Center Back Nicolas Bianchi Arce, Winger Johnathan Brison and Striker Ireneusz Jelen, all performing, and giving 100% every game. The whole squad have made an impact this season, with Kanu, De Nigris, Romeo, Cale, Broadfoot, Manfredini, Dickoh, Nonda, Stoltdis and Lanzafame, all contributing to this great effort by Derby County. Clough's Derby maybe were a completely different side to Warren's, with Clough having the likes of Kevin Hector, Archie Gemmil, Roger Davies, Colin Todd and Roy McFarland; but Warren's want to achieve and have the full respect of Manager Sam Warren. But Clough's men managed to play in the European Cup, and they played against the best, including Real Madrid Who they beat 4-2.

But another team who are also punching above their weight are Tom Goodson's Bristol City, who are sitting in a unbelievable 2nd Place. Manager Warren is good friends with Goodson, and have worked together to get to 2nd and 4th places respectfully, and are both looking to finish where they are at the moment.

Ireneusz_Jelen_strzelil_1416204.jpg

Jelen is a player who has performed to his very best to help Derby to 4th spot.

So, with 14 Games to Go, can Derby County recall History?

COME ON YOU RAMS!

• 1 month later...

Bristol News!

A dissappointing end to the season sees Bristol finish 4th in their debut in the premiership. Bristol led the division until very late on where a dissappointing run of results, forced upon us by the suspension of the League's top scorer.

More to follow if I can be bothered.

• 2 weeks later...

After missing out on the league by coming second to Barca - Atletico Madrid last night made up for the dissapointment by beating AC Milan 5-1 in the SMFA Champions Cup final - 2 goals from D Forlan, 2 goals from J. Cole and a goal from S. Keita sealed the win for the jubilant Atletico squad. Pato got the conserlation goal for the downhearted Milan side that had won the cup in the previous season.

Promoted Palace!

There were absolute jubilant scenes at the Stade de France stadium in Paris overnight as the Championship Play-off final was completely dominated by Crystal Palace. Palace dominated proceedings from the opening minute through to the end in a blistering performance which saw them run out thumping 3-0 winners over Hull City.

It took only 9 minutes before star striker Victor Anichebe got the 3rd placed league finishers off to a great start by scoring a spectacular overhead kick. Just as Hull seemed to be getting a bit of swagger about them, veteran Palace defender Dmitri Sennikov struck with a beautifully timed effort to leave the south london side 2-0 up at the break.

It was more of the same after the break as Marco Borriello continued his fine form for Palace with a tidy finish just three minutes after the interval to cement his man of the match accolade.

What a win! I never in my wildest dreams expected a performance like this and am ecstatic for the lads. It hasnt sunk in yet that we will be a Premier League team next season and we all know that we have our work cut out in pre-season to add some extra talent and experience to our list which can handle the rigours of premier league football. It will be by no means easy and we will be giving it everything we've got.. a message to all other managers, if you have any 86-88 rated players you wish to sell, contact me!

Crystal Palace have been promoted after a stellar season which has seen them finish third in the league, semi finalists in the league cup and a thumping win in a play-off final.

Quit Birmingham at the end of last season for my 4th side (I think) :o in the setup, Sam's old Derby. Would of kept Birmingham, but want to continue Sam's work with Derby where he's done a brilliant job of taking them to a side in European competitions.

Don't really want to change much of the main squad at the moment, all I've done for that is sell the old keeper to replace him with Jan Mucha, and sell a few strikers that aren't needed. Apart from that I've just added a few risers:)

Season starts at Portsmouth tonight, my old side :P

• 2 weeks later...

Palace shock United!

A relatively unknown Crystal Palace side made up of 84's and the odd 85 managed to pork out a 1-0 win away to Manchester United last night. It was an emphatic shock that United came up with, shell shocked from the first whistle as Palace enjoyed a mammoth 63% Possession and managed to create 11 opportunities. Eventually, in the 79th minute, all there hard work paid off as Tilson Minda struck to give the newly promoted side a much deserved place in the next round of the cup!

Crystal palace have been in fine form since there promotion to the Premier League, amazingly still yet to lose a match this season. An opening day home 2-2 draw with West Ham United was a great result, with a fantastic effort to hold European hopefuls Everton at Goodison Park 1-1 the following game. Following them two impressive draws, Palace showed they had much more than draws in them, with a thumping 5-1 win at home to Reading in which debutant Luciano Leguizamon repayed manager Razz's faith by scoring 4 goals in a dominant performance. With this latest result, Palace have a lot of reasons to feel confident about surviving the drop this season, with many bookmakers having them as favourites for bottom spot, they have made a fantastic start and look to continue tonight as they make the trip to the Britannia Stadium to meet up with 2nd placed Stoke City.

• 2 months later...
Guest MR. HAMMER

werder-bremen-uief_1398876c.jpg

PLAYERS RUSH THE FILD IN THE 90TH MIN AFTER A GRATE GAME

TODAY Werder Bremen TOOK ON CHELSEA IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES AND WAS IN NEED OF ALL 3 POINTS TO GET FREW CHELSEA ALSO NEEDED ALL 3 POINTS BUT IF THE OVER GAME DIDN'T GO TO PLAN BOTH WOULD GO OUT OF THE TORNOMENT BUT ON THE Nicolás ANELKA PUT CHELSEA AHEAD THEN ON THE 52ND MIN Szabolcs HUSZTI SCORED TO PULL THE GERMAN TEAM BACK IN TO THE GAME THEN ON THE Diego BISESWAR SCORED TO MAKE IT 2-1 THE YOUTH MADE HIS IMPACT AND CHELSEA CRASH OUT OF THE TORNOMENT IN LAST WITH THE GERMAN TEAM COMING 1ST