Gold Championship 21- News, Transfers & Match Reports

Nick Justice

Re: Gold Championship 21- News, Transfers & Match Reports

Well I did pap in my first season with Derby, luckily managed to get a decent run of form at the end of season and finished 14th. Looking to make changes to the squad now and get back into Europe this season.

Dusan Basta has left for 6.3m, along with Simone Villanova (1.4m) and Manuel Junglas (1m).

Moving to Derby so far, Watford youngster Will Buckley (300k), Getafe midfielder Derek Boateng (7m), 35 year old striker Pedro Iarley (6m) and Sandro Wagner (3m).

Have 3 more offers in, and a few more shortlisted, and first game of the season away to Liverpool tonight.

• 11 months later...

Well I did pap in my first season with Derby' date=' luckily managed to get a decent run of form at the end of season and finished 14th. Looking to make changes to the squad now and get back into Europe this season.

Dusan Basta has left for 6.3m, along with Simone Villanova (1.4m) and Manuel Junglas (1m).

Moving to Derby so far, Watford youngster Will Buckley (300k), Getafe midfielder Derek Boateng (7m), 35 year old striker Pedro Iarley (6m) and Sandro Wagner (3m).

Have 3 more offers in, and a few more shortlisted, and first game of the season away to Liverpool tonight.[/quote']

Out of interest, how are they doing? :P

Out of interest' date=' how are they doing? :P[/quote']

They got relegated ;)

:P No idea what season it was in when I posted that so..

1st season I had them - 14th

2nd - 13th + lost in the english shield final

3rd - 7th

4th - 19 games in, 2nd in the league. 4 points behind Arsenal and 4 ahead of Villa who are 3rd.

In round 3 of the smfa shield, but lost the 1st leg to Porto 3-1.

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=44255&clubid=2109113&sid=14811

They got relegated ;)

:P No idea what season it was in when I posted that so..

1st season I had them - 14th

2nd - 13th + lost in the english shield final

3rd - 7th

4th - 19 games in' date=' 2nd in the league. 4 points behind Arsenal and 4 ahead of Villa who are 3rd.

In round 3 of the smfa shield, but lost the 1st leg to Porto 3-1.

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=44255&clubid=2109113&sid=14811

;)

Love the squad, in a very good postion, good to see they're challenging ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Huddersfield Town Update

I took charge of Huddersfield Town on February 8th, 2012. The club are currently struggling down in Division 5. With more than half the season already gone our best hope will be to progress through the play-offs. I have completely revamped the squad since my arrival but since money was tight I decided to trade my original squad with external clubs.

Our current first choice XI looks like this:

GK Juan Carlos (83)

RB Domagoj Vida (85)

LB Fraga Edimar (82)

CB Tim Ream (83)

CB Jaroslaw Fojut (82)

DM Marcelo Diaz (85)

CM Pereira Juninho (82)

CM Serhiy Rybalka (80)

WG Anthony Pilkington (83)

WG Mervan Celik (82)

FC Emmanuel Gigliotti (82)

Recent League Results:

11 Feb - Huddersfield Town 3-2 Bury

A really exciting encounter but the score line doesn’t show our domination of the match. Juan Carlos had a solid debut in goal but the major talking point of the game was that of our new French forward Valere Germain managed to surprise everyone by scoring a hat-trick on his debut.

15 Feb - Huddersfield Town 3-0 Torquay United

This was the first test for our revamped squad and they didn’t disappoint. It was a very strong team performance and should be a sign of things to come. Argentine striker Emmanuel Gigliotti had a fantastic debut with 2 assists, 1 goal and the man of the match award. To be fair the team we can field now should be dominating most every game in division 5. We really need to go on a good run now if we’re to have a chance of making the play-offs.

Upcoming Fixtures:

18 Feb - Dagenham & Redbridge (A)

22 Feb - Gillingham (H)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Arsenal Manager Asks whos Alive in GC21?

180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Arsenal Manager Shane McGrory has issued a plea for some banter, competition and take me on plea to all gold managers.

-

Taking to the press Mr McG said "This is an exciting time for me personally to try and lead Arsenal to a domestic crown for the first time in 4 years. We are starting to build a team of quality and depth. The Gunners fans deserve to see this team back to the very top. Our long term goal though is to try and establish a good enough side to challenge for the prestigious Champions league trophy."

-

McG moved quickly to add any active managers in the game who fancy some deals to PM him and anything is possible.

-

ShaneMcG directly starts his work preparing for the Division 1 game today against rivals Middlesbrough

-

He welcomes ALL PMs regarding squad, many players for exchange just make a BID or PM to discuss....

200px-Cesc_F%C3%A0bregas_-_Presentation.jpg

• 3 months later...