German Bundesliga Hopefuls

gabor1981

Posted this on another thread but spent more time on it than I thought I would. Thats why I posted it here as well because I think it deserves to be my first ever thread. Cheers.

Hi, this is my first try at this.....

Those are the players that I think have a very good chance of rising in the near future. Im aware that many might have been mentioned but anyways, here u go:

All from the German Bundesliga:

Neven Subotic, Borrussia Dortmund, 19 years, 83 CB: Young CB, transferred from Mainz (2. German league) to Dortmund (following his Coach Klopp, a supporter of his), seems to have a starting spot locked up for the season unless something strange happens. Dortmund rating average appr. 88.

Mats Hummels, Borrussia Dortmund, 19 years, 82 CB: Same here, Young CB, on loan from Bayern Munich, starting CB. German U21, 7 caps. Playing ahead of guys like Kovac (90).

Toni Kroos, Bayern Munich, 18 years, 82 AM: Everybody knows him, started the first league game, Klinsmann is thinking highly of him, playmaker of the future for Bayern, most likely 90+ in a couple years. Already called up to the U21 for Germany despite being only 18.

Ramazan Ozcan, TSG Hoffenheim, 24 years, 80 G: Starting Goalkeeper for newly promoted Hoffenheim. Hoffenheim is a supported by a billionaire and not your standard club. They have lots of young talent and figure to play a solid role in their first Bundesliga year and Ozcan will be their starting keeper.

Hoffenheim has more solid talent to look at: Salihovic, Carlos Eduardo, Obasi and Ba for example.

Stefano Celozzi, Karlsruher SC, 19 years, 78 RB: Starting RB for the Karlsruher SC because Andreas Gorlitz is injured for another 4-6 weeks. Transferred from Bayern Munich 2 (3rd German league) to Karlsruhe. Experienced for his age and bound to increase. Could even hold on to his spot in the starting 11 after Gorlitz comes back. Average for Karlsruhe is around 86-87.

Henrique, Bayer Leverkusen, 21 years, 81 CB: Transferred from Brazil to Barcelona, loaned by Leverkusen for the year. Already had games played in Brazil before the Brazilian rating changes but wasn't raised back then. Is now starting CB for Leverkusen and combined with the games played in Brazil is due for a huge increase. 1 cap for Brazil. Average for Leverkusen is around 88.

Constant Djakpa, Bayer Leverkusen, 21 years, 80 LB: Transferred from Romania, starting LB for Leverkusen. Also international for the Ivory Coast (21 caps).

Sebastian Boenisch, Werder Bremen, 21 years, 84 LB: Starting LB for Bremen but can play on either side. Will play Champions League, if he holds on to his spot, will increase nicely. German U21, 7 caps.

Jan Simak, VFB Stuttgart, 29 years, 83 AM/W: Transferred from a relegated club out of the 2nd German league. Very talented but in trouble (alcohol, depression) early in his career. Stuttgart is his second and maybe final chance and he knows that, it looks like he will be the starting play maker this season. Will play a lot. Average for Stuttgart players around 88-89.

Marko Marin, Borussia Moenchengladbach, 19 years, 84 AM/W: Everybody knows him. Starting winger and star of Moenchengladbach. Freshly promoted (again) and supposedly better this time around, Marin is a crucial piece in the puzzle for the Borussia. He will start and play lots. He just needs to live up to the hype. Also called up again to the German National team after he almost made the team for EURO 2008.

Marvin Compper, TSG Hoffenheim, 23 years, 80 LB: Starting LB for Hoffenheim, former German U20 player (11 caps). Was transferred to Hoffenheim last winter and played consistently since then.

Luiz Gustavo, TSG Hoffenheim, 21 years, 82 DM: Starting DM for Hoffenheim, very talented. Nice riser like most of Hoffenheim's starting 11. Another one out of the talented pool of youngsters Hoffenheim acquired.

More to come....

Re: German Bundesliga Hopefuls

Out of Hummels and Subotic' date=' who is the better buy?[/quote']

Its a close call but I like Subotic more. He played last season as a starter in the 2nd German league with Mainz and they were almost promoted to the Bundesliga. Dortmund payed 3.5 Million Euros for him this summer and Klopp (his coach at Mainz and Dortmund) thinks very highly of him. On the other hand though, Hummels has been dubbed as a great CB talent for quite a while. Bayern Munich owns him but he has no chance to play for their team yet and so they loaned him out to Dortmund to gain some experience. He has been playing regularly for Dortmund since then. Very close call but I think Subotic has his spot in the starting 11 safer than Hummels. You cant really go wrong with either of them though.

Cheers

I know this isn't my thread but I'd prefer Hummels. He was a starter for Dortmund last season. And this season as well. Not to mention that Hummels will be cheaper. I'd go for Hummels because he has more Bundesliga experience then Subotic and will be important for Klopp this season.

I know this isn't my thread but I'd prefer Hummels. He was a starter for Dortmund last season. And this season as well. Not to mention that Hummels will be cheaper. I'd go for Hummels because he has more Bundesliga experience then Subotic and will be important for Klopp this season.

Yeah it's very close as I said, I usually just buy them both. :)

Another little update on Jan SIMAK, he started for Stuttgart (as play maker) ahead of players like Basturk (88) or Khedira (88) and next to guys like Hitzlsperger (92), Hilbert (90) and Pardo (92). Stuttgart won away from home 3:1 and SIMAK had 2 assists. Very nice debut for him.

Cheers

Yeah it's very close as I said' date=' I usually just buy them both. :)

Another little update on Jan SIMAK, he started for Stuttgart (as play maker) ahead of players like Basturk (88) or Khedira (88) and next to guys like Hitzlsperger (92), Hilbert (90) and Pardo (92). Stuttgart won away from home 3:1 and SIMAK had 2 assists. Very nice debut for him.

Cheers[/quote']

Yes, Simak played very well! Also from your list I would definitely suggest purchasing Djakpa. But the first goal in the Stuttgart game shouldn't have counted, Stuttgart the scum!! :mad:

Yes' date=' Simak played very well! Also from your list I would definitely suggest purchasing Djakpa. But the first goal in the Stuttgart game shouldn't have counted, Stuttgart the scum!! :mad:[/quote']

Hey,

I grew up 30 minutes away from Stuttgart, Ive been a follower ever since I can remember. I was enjoying the game today. :):P

Cheers

This is a brilliant thread, but I'd like a bit of help RE: the left backs on there. I'm in an EC Div 3 and have a strongish squad, but I have no good left backs (I'm loaning in). I'm looking for someone who may go to 88+ eventually, but want someone who can be 86+ in the next rating changes. I will be buying Djakpa, but am considering getting Boenisch as well. Is Boenisch likely to go to 86+ this time around?- The only stats I can find for him say that that he has only made around 20 career appearances, so is he really likely to go up so soon? £4.7m is too expensive for me if he doesn't make 86. Also, will Marin go up just yet or does he also need more game time?

As I said fantastic thread for medium/long term prospects, but I don't have much money and need to look at the short term.

Cheers

This is a brilliant thread' date=' but I'd like a bit of help RE: the left backs on there. I'm in an EC Div 3 and have a strongish squad, but I have no good left backs (I'm loaning in). I'm looking for someone who may go to 88+ eventually, but want someone who can be 86+ in the next rating changes. I will be buying Djakpa, but am considering getting Boenisch as well. Is Boenisch likely to go to 86+ this time around?- The only stats I can find for him say that that he has only made around 20 career appearances, so is he really likely to go up so soon? £4.7m is too expensive for me if he doesn't make 86. Also, will Marin go up just yet or does he also need more game time?

As I said fantastic thread for medium/long term prospects, but I don't have much money and need to look at the short term.

Cheers[/quote']

Hi Rik,

I would go for Compper for the following reasons. He is a lot cheaper than Boenisch, has his starting spot 100% secure and has been very consistent since being transferred to Hoffenheim at the beginning of 2008. Boenisch has been very inconsistent despite being a nice talent (German U21, 7 caps). Bremen payed 3.5 million Euros for him though, so they must rate him quite highly and wont give up on him too quickly. Its his starting spot to lose.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that Compper will be the better riser and moneymaker in the short term. Compper will also be a nice long term prospect but Boenisch might have a higher ceiling than him because if he holds on to his starting spot in Bremen he will play Champions League also and its possible for him to rise higher then.

I have never predicted any ratings before and Ill leave that to others.....Marin will rise for sure (a few points) though.

Cheers

Update:

Constant Djakpa, Bayer Leverkusen, 21 years, 80 LB: Transferred from Romania, starting LB for Leverkusen. Also international for the Ivory Coast (21 caps).

Bayer Leverkusen acquired a new starting LB in Michal Kadlec (87) from Sparta Praha because 2 LB's are injured (Gresko and Sarpei) and they weren't thrilled with Djakpa's first game as the starter. Djakpa will get a couple more games and probably a few more over the course of the season and should still be a decent riser but I don't think that he will be a massive riser anymore.

Cheers

Update:

Constant Djakpa' date=' Bayer Leverkusen, 21 years, 80 LB: Transferred from Romania, starting LB for Leverkusen. Also international for the Ivory Coast (21 caps).

[u']Bayer Leverkusen acquired a new starting LB in Michal Kadlec (87)[/u] from Sparta Praha because 2 LB's are injured (Gresko and Sarpei) and they weren't thrilled with Djakpa's first game as the starter. Djakpa will get a couple more games and probably a few more over the course of the season and should still be a decent riser but I don't think that he will be a massive riser anymore.

Cheers

Very sad as I really thought that he played very well. Oh well, I guess that he won't get to many chances. Also, nice to know you're a Stuttgart fan. I'm a Gladbach and Bremen fan. Cheers!

Hey gabor,

great thread buddy and I totally agree with all your recommendations, in fact have all of them :) in most of my teams.

If I could just add one more :o

Benedikt Howedes - starting CB for Schalke atm, having played against A. Madrid in the CL qualifier and last w.e. in the BL. He played quite well in both games and could retain his spot, if so he'll definitely rise from him current 79.

Well done, rep from me.

Herby

p.s. I like the Simak call, he could be 88 or 89 be season's end. :eek:

I've been buying both, but would go with Subotic if I had to only chose 1 of them. What gabor said is spot on, he is a Klopp favourite and he scored a goal last w.e. in an impressive display. I'm hoping he can get to 87/88 at the end of the BL season. :)

Herby

Kroos and Marin won't be going up this time will they?

Thanks in advance

Why wouldn't they be??

Kroos was getting games towards the tail end of last season, incl UEFA cup experience so expect him to rise to at least 85-86.

Marin was called up into the preliminary germany squad for Euro 08, and is in the squad for the friendly tonight so I would expect him to also get to 86 or 87 at least.

Herby