SMFA CC/Shield - GC20 and GC21

Ross.DAFC85

Anyone know how they done the draw? I took it that it would be based on this season's real life qualification and teams already in the competition. But no, my Rangers are in the Shield having been in CL qualification in real life - I accepted this until I noticed that Schalke and Atletico and Barca to name a few are in the Champs Cup which seems very unfair to me.

Does anyone know how this is decided?

Re: SMFA CC/Shield - GC20 and GC21

I believe it is the real format.

The top four from Spain get into the CC.

While the fifth, sixth, ninth, and tenth :confused: got into the Shield

But the people in 7th and 8th didnt. :confused:

I believe Rangers should of got into the CC also. Maybe send a ticket asking why?

So why Barcelona and Schalke and Atletico and others get in as well?

And why is Aberdeen in the Shield and Blackburn?

Because Spain do get four places for the SMFA Champs cup and I think Germany get three and they teams that you have mentioned finished in those places last season, the problem here is that SM only give Scotland one place in the Champs Cup and that place is going to go to the Champs, they have to accommodate teams from the likes of Brazil and Argentina into the Champs Cup and because Scotland is only a small league then that is the league that gets a place sacrificed.

Because Spain do get four places for the SMFA Champs cup and I think Germany get three and they teams that you have mentioned finished in those places last season' date=' the problem here is that SM only give Scotland one place in the Champs Cup and that place is going to go to the Champs, they have to accommodate teams from the likes of Brazil and Argentina into the Champs Cup and because Scotland is only a small league then that is the league that gets a place sacrificed.[/quote']

Yes, its a joke then

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

If you take GC17 for example you will see that there are 32 places in the SMFA Cup and 64 places in the SMFA Shield. A decision is then made on how many clubs will qualify from each national league for each SMFA tournament, and factors which influence this is the strength and size of the national league (to name but a few).

i don't think you can call it a joke, m8

well as Ste said, some leagues have to sacrifice their positions in CC so that teams from Brazil or Argentina can be entered into Champs Cup. England, Italy and Spain still have 4 places in CC because they are the best leagues in the world.