Sign in to follow this  
DP 91

Swap Tool Feature!

Swap Tool Feature!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • With a limit to swaps per 30 days etc.

The swap tool is the biggest in demand feature on SM and this thread has been created to ajust the needs of this tool and prove the high demands this tool has.

The swap tool would enable members to propose swaps with other managers for clubs.

You would be able to ask another manager to start negotiations over swapping clubs, if the application was accepted the managers would then be able to propose deals to one another for clubs.

This tool would stop people having to quit and hope to get their teams to another manager whom have propossed a trade and also stop managers taking teams and not agreeing to swap.

In theory this feature would also stop tickets being sent to SM about managers cheating and not agreeing to deals.

Managers could quit a team and they would then be offered to other managers in the setup through job offers.

So overall this tool would have no negative effects to the community and SM and would stop the longest running saga over the demand of a feature on SM.

Opinions please :)

Re: Swap Tool Feature

Great idea Dan ;)

I think the swap tool would be better if it was created like this; you make a swap proposal on teams you want to swap, this takes you to a negotitaion stage where you can chat and negotiate, this stage could have limited amount of time for example only 5 minutes, also this swap tool could just be available for Gold members and liek the holiday mode, you could only use it twice a month with 2 different managers, to stop it getting out of hand.

But, it needs to be implemented soon!

100% Agree Dan Mate...

This is one feature that I have been looking forward to for months now...

SM did say they were looking into it but no announcement has been made, we have had other new features implemented but no news of this feature...

I agree about the tickets, there are numerous tickets about a person losing a club as he tried to swap it to another account or simply tried swapping it. It would prevent this from happening and more importantly guarantee safer swaps without having to send numerous tickets...

How the swap tool should work -

* Manager A Proposes A Swap To Manager B

* Manager B Can Choose To Reject Or Accept

I don't think you should be able to negotiate using the swap tool like you do with transfers, but to negotiate VIA PM/MSN then use the tool to actually swap the club... The tool should also enable managers swap more than one club, EG - My United GC17 for 2 clubs in other setups...

A Manager should also have the option to 'turn on' or 'turn off' the proposition for each club - EG - I wanna swap my United so I make 'em available, but I don't wanna swap my Inter so I turn off any propositions for my Inter....

I'm still waiting for the day the tool actually gets implemented but things look dim now...

All we can do is wait I guess...

Guest joe black

Im with ya 100%,ever since the introduction of job offers which is not a bad thing in itself SM has been crying out for this,if i fancy a new challenge whats wrong with me wanting to swap Spurs for Valencia with Dan or anybody else

If a swap tool was in place the deal would be legal and binding and enforced by Sm as such so there could be no strokes getting pulled and all would be above board

C'mon SM the punters are busting a gut for this and surely it cant be that hard to implement,give us what we want,have a poll and find out the demand for this,its over-whelming;):)

Guest melbguy1

I understand why lots of people would want this... but.. something that will make 'club hoping' easier gets a big NO from me..

imo ;):)

This would be the best improvement to date. There is so much need for it.

I was told in a ticket over a month ago that the Dev team were currently putting a swap tool together. 1 month on and I haven't heard a thing on the blog. If they've spent a month making it already (that's a month worth of Devs wages) and they've still not finished, surely that means we're in for something special :D:rolleyes:

Guest joe black

Any chance of a poll?:o

Let's see what the majority want although the outcome seems unanimous already;)

Even stick a note about it on the SM Blog and judge by the feedback weather this feature should be implemented or not;):)

I understand why lots of people would want this... but.. something that will make 'club hoping' easier gets a big NO from me..

Then limit it too one swap per season or every 2 seasons that would solve the "club hopping" scenario

If it was implemented it can always be fine-tuned to iron out the glitches or unforeseen problems that we come across.......if there is any

I have asked an advisor to add a poll on this thread so I believe there will be one in due course.

I think the mention of limiting every member to 2 swaps a month is a great idea and would be awesome and benificial to every member and their opinion as it would stop or keep club hopping low etc.

Also a limit of say 3 teams to be swapped at one time.

Guest melbguy1

some of you guys confuse me.... I made a suggestion a while back where the lifetime of a setup could be limited to something like 1 year or so as this would limit the effect of cheating somewhat... that idea was strongly contested with the notion of 'I wanna build my club for the long haul ect ect ect" (You guys know what I mean)

And now the same forum (maybe not same forumers, was a long time ago) are now asking for a tool so that they can change clubs easier and more efficiently.... swapping 3 clubs at a time, 2 times a month.

Doesn't make sense to me tbh, your either in it for the long haul or your not. The only thing I have no say in is when SM 'offers' you a managerial job in a better team in the same setup.

I have no idea if I'm making sense or not, but am guessing I'm not making sense.

IMO ;):)

Re: Swap Tool Feature!

I think it was Matt that said to me about adding a password protection on a club for 30 mins after someone quits them. That means you can give the password to the person you want to have the team and they have 30 mins to take them. I think that would be simple enough to add.

I think it was Matt that said to me about adding a password protection on a club for 30 mins after someone quits them. That means you can give the password to the person you want to have the team and they have 30 mins to take them. I think that would be simple enough to add.

Not a bad idea there, Matt / Leigh, as members could also do this for numerous teams involved in the swap with no problem.

It was indeed ;) Not just to you on msn' date=' but mentioned it on here ages ago ---> [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=348877#post348877[/url]