Sign in to follow this  
DP 91

Swap Tool Feature!

Swap Tool Feature!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • With a limit to swaps per 30 days etc.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Swap Tool Feature!

I think this poll which is used by members of our community who do not use the SM Forum gives a clearer idea of what people want:

Which of these future improvements/features would you like to see developed next?

Stadium building (30%)

Manage national teams (21%)

Advanced tactics (18%)

Promotion play-offs (16%)

International Standard Setups (5%)

Improved newspaper with media interviews (4%)

Swap clubs between accounts utility (3%)

SM playable from mobile phones (2%)

Total Votes: 2437

Also of note is that someone of you who are asking for this feature stating it is in demand did not even vote in favor of it on the poll (which I think is strange :confused: ).

I have already stated....

Unfortunately this feature (if developed) is not a priority in relation to what we are currently working on and plan to work on in the coming months.

Also certain people have raised some valid points in that it could render the job offer feature and also encourage cheating within setups (not to mention a whole host of other problems of people gaining an unfair advantage).

...yet no one has attempted to really discuss my last paragraph.

Like with every idea/suggestion you have to look at both sides of the coin and I feel that in this thread the majority of you have failed to do this.

For example (if this feature was already in place) what would stop me joining GC20/21 last weekend and taking over Newcastle/Ajax respectively and then using this to my advantage? I might have no intention of managing both clubs and my idea is to use them as pawns in the transfer market. I could send someone a PM or flag them up on MSN and state I will give you both sides if you sell me player x in GC10 (and make the deal look legitimate).

Also people have failed to answer the question of loyalty within a club and a setup. The idea is to takeover a club and build them up over time and not to jump ship as soon as something more appealing comes along and what some of you are suggesting will only encourage this. It will also kill the job offer feature period.

Like I have already said with every idea/suggestion you have to look at both sides of the coin and I feel that in this thread the majority of you have failed to do this.

Unfortunately some of you will be very disappointed when we introduce this feature to the GM pacakge alongside other features as I have already stated what will be getting developed (although this could change nearer the time to developlemt):

If/when this feature is introduced (which would coincide with improving the GM package e.g. introducing international management to GCs etc) it will be part of the GM package and not part of what a BM gets. Also as part of the GM package it would only allow a GM to transfer clubs from a BM account to their GM account.

Guest melbguy1

Also people have failed to answer the question of loyalty within a club and a setup. The idea is to takeover a club and build them up over time and not to jump ship as soon as something more appealing comes along and what some of you are suggesting will only encourage this.

That's why I voted NO... no club hoping!

"hell no, I won't go.....hell no, I won't go....."

I think this poll which is used by members of our community who do not use the SM Forum gives a clearer idea of what people want:

Which of these future improvements/features would you like to see developed next?

Stadium building (30%)

Advanced tactics (18%)

Also of note is that someone of you who are asking for this feature stating it is in demand did not even vote in favor of it on the poll (which I think is strange :confused: ).

I have already stated....

Unfortunately this feature (if developed) is not a priority in relation to what we are currently working on and plan to work on in the coming months.

Also certain people have raised some valid points in that it could render the job offer feature and also encourage cheating within setups (not to mention a whole host of other problems of people gaining an unfair advantage).

Like with every idea/suggestion you have to look at both sides of the coin and I feel that in this thread the majority of you have failed to do this.

For example (if this feature was already in place) what would stop me joining GC20/21 last weekend and taking over Newcastle/Ajax respectively and then using this to my advantage? I might have no intention of managing both clubs and my idea is to use them as pawns in the transfer market. I could send someone a PM or flag them up on MSN and state I will give you both sides if you sell me player x in GC10 (and make the deal look legitimate).

Also people have failed to answer the question of loyalty within a club and a setup. The idea is to takeover a club and build them up over time and not to jump ship as soon as something more appealing comes along and what some of you are suggesting will only encourage this. It will also kill the job offer feature period.

Like I have already said with every idea/suggestion you have to look at both sides of the coin and I feel that in this thread the majority of you have failed to do this.

Unfortunately some of you will be very disappointed when we introduce this feature to the GM pacakge alongside other features as I have already stated what will be getting developed (although this could change nearer the time to developlemt):

If/when this feature is introduced (which would coincide with improving the GM package e.g. introducing international management to GCs etc) it will be part of the GM package and not part of what a BM gets. Also as part of the GM package it would only allow a GM to transfer clubs from a BM account to their GM account.

There fair points about having the ability to swap teams/clubs with other managers.

How about the idea of having one master login email addy and being able to register all your accounts through that addy (like MSN Live do with hotmail)

and then being able to swap teams around your own accounts.

Obviously if someone thought people were cheating with the above idea a quick check of ip address would say if its being done by the same person in the same location or swapping between 2 different people in different locations.

I havent discusses all possible problems but we have mentioned that there is a way to prevent any means of cheating for every possible situation and I guarentee that, even if it makes the feature relitively in-active because there are so many preventions.

I dont think SM would be putting enough effort into developing the feature if it was not used for all accounts / GM only to BM or GM - GM because there is always a way to stop cheating.

I havent discusses all possible problems but we have mentioned that there is a way to prevent any means of cheating for every possible situation and I guarentee that' date=' even if it makes the feature relitively in-active because there are so many preventions.

I dont think SM would be putting enough effort into developing the feature if it was not used for all accounts / GM only to BM or GM - GM because there is always a way to stop cheating.[/quote']

I can't see the problem with making it GM to BM or GM to GM ect ect

Its not going to increase account sizes in regards to amount of teams managed.

You wouldn't be able to move a gold setup team to a normal account.

If someone wants to use it to move thier teams around thier accounts then I think they should be forced to register which accounts they want to move teams between under the master login account, so in a way that would limit cheating because people would have to say yep thats my account, thats my other account, ect ect

------------------------------------

The utility for being able to swap teams with other managers I think should be a completly seperate tool with a seperate thought process because both these issues/tools are used for different purposes.

Guest melbguy1

I can't see the problem with making it GM to BM or GM to GM ect ect

Its not going to increase account sizes in regards to amount of teams managed.

You wouldn't be able to move a gold setup team to a normal account.

If someone wants to use it to move thier teams around thier accounts then I think they should be forced to register which accounts they want to move teams between under the master login account' date=' so in a way that would limit cheating because people would have to say yep thats my account, thats my other account, ect ect

------------------------------------

The utility for being able to swap teams with other managers I think should be a completly seperate tool with a seperate thought process because both these issues/tools are used for different purposes.[/quote']

correct me if I am wrong, but this thread is focusing on the ablity to streamline the process of swapping teams with ANOTHER manager, not move clubs within your own domain.

correct me if I am wrong' date=' but this thread is focusing on the ablity to streamline the process of swapping teams with ANOTHER manager, not move clubs within your own domain.[/quote']

Nah its a bit of both, both those things generally get lumped in together

Guest melbguy1

Nah its a bit of both' date=' both those things generally get lumped in together[/quote']

ok, well I voted No for swapping clubs with another manager, but would vote yes for allowing you to organise your own multiple GM's accounts better.

When I first suggested the feature it was for both.

I agree Simon, there should be two seperate features for swapping with other managers and between your accounts so IP of teams and things is tracked.

I fully understand all the ways to cheat from this feature but each and everyone of them has a way to be dealt with.

If not swap then atleast make it that the job offers doesn't affect the released club straight away... Do it so the club remains free for 10 seconds, then the job offer kicks in:o

I'd be happy that way too :P:D

Back to my old risky ways

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

As I have already stressed the job offer feature would be rendered useless. For example I have Napoli in GC21 and no longer wish to manage them. At present if I resign the job will be offered to another well deserving manager within the setup. However, with wha is being suggested this would not happen as I would use them as a pawn to get a better team in another setup.

I cannot stress enough that this feature will not be to swap clubs from one managers account to another period.

As I have already stressed the job offer feature would be rendered useless. For example I have Napoli in GC21 and no longer wish to manage them. At present if I resign the job will be offered to another well deserving manager within the setup. However' date=' with wha is being suggested this would not happen as I would use them as a pawn to get a better team in another setup.

I cannot stress enough that this feature will not be to swap clubs from one managers account to another period.[/quote']

The job offer feature needs dramatically improving them Ste imo as at the moment the most deserving managers are NOT getting offered the good jobs that come up! In fact from what I have seen it appears to be totally random who is offered the job! Can you shed any light on that please?

Guest Football8

The job offer feature needs dramatically improving them Ste imo as at the moment the most deserving managers are NOT getting offered the good jobs that come up! In fact from what I have seen it appears to be totally random who is offered the job! Can you shed any light on that please?

Sorry if i am getting out of subject, but i think the setup owner can choose either who to give the job to, or either if in gc's the manager who has accomplished the most and is a lower team to the one that quitted, or either have the option to turn job offers of in customs this has been mentioned before, i'd also rather have swapping your clubs to another account, instead of swapping with another manager, i like the idea about where you have all your accounts under one email, when you login in from that email, who get to choose your accounts you click on it then it shows the teams from that account, if you want swap teams from the "sub-accounts" there should be a thing on your my-home page saying something like "swap teams" then it brings you on to a page with 2 halfs.One with the account your logged in with and another to login from, you login in on the other half then, in the middle or somewhere there should be a button saying swap, so you click on on of your teams on the sides then click swap, which would bring it on the other account. That's what i've always though it should be like, thanks. :)

Also having seen Louis get offered the Liverpool job in GC11 when he had Everton before, I think this could need improving. Is there any chance of David Moyes getting offered the Liverpool job? No, so imo it could do with being a little more realistic :)

Guest joe black

Stadium building (30%)

Advanced tactics (18%)

Why would you post this Ste,it only proves that when this poll was taken that there where other more important aspects of the game people preferred to see implemented than a swap tool,have a poll now and ask weather managers would want it now or not...........you can read anything into stats as you well know according to your poll 30% of managers wanted "Stadium Building" so therefore 70% of managers didn't want "Stadium building" but it was implemented anyway:confused:

C'mon now Ste,you are clutching at straws here,ill give you 2 clubs if you sell me player X?? WHAT?:rolleyes:

Your having a laugh mate,there could be 100 good reasons for not implementing this feature BUT that is not one of them:confused:

Is 5 seasons long enough??? or would you prefer that you cant move to another club at all

You are contradicting yourself,you bang on about loyalty and in the next breath you are endorsing the "job offers" system which SM implemented (very badly as Leigh has pointed out) to openly encourage managers to leave clubs.....so which is it????,Loyalty to the club you are with or take the job SM is offering you,cant have it both ways:rolleyes:

There has been nothing raised by you in this thread/post that cannot be sorted out with ease,the first problem was cheating,that can be easily sorted,Loyalty to clubs,thats just laughable,and the majority of managers not looking at the positives AND the negatives of this creation,we have found an answer to anything that was mentioned

Well its been answered now;):)

Ste,whisper to me if you wanna answer this cos i think Melbguy has a bit of an infatuation with me and he is stalking again,i wanna let him down gently so please dont say anything to him,i dont wanna hurt his feelings,he is very easily upset:p:D

Guest melbguy1

Ste' date='whisper to me if you wanna answer this cos i think Melbguy has a bit of an infatuation with me and he is stalking again,i wanna let him down gently so please dont say anything to him,i dont wanna hurt his feelings,he is very easily upset:p:D[/quote']

SM closes threads due to baiting... don't flatter yourself and stop baiting, dont get this thread closed because it's not going your way;):) Although I won't scoop to your level mainly because I will actually get handed a ban as I don't have a blue name to hide behind ;):)

I would like to see SM put end to rumours like this more often, however it's responses like yours that would make him hesitate posting more often.

Must agree with this as well Ste because its taking the wrong deserving managers ' date='

What i mean is [b']i was [/b]Liverpool in EC 107.

I hold the best set up manager of all time in this set up showing me under LFC ,

(alan neller neller pts 548 ave pts 2.34 games 234 )

Just in its 6th season ive won the league twice and the cup twice yet i get offered the job for Chelsea ,which i actually took seems i havnt got a Chelsea and already got 7 more Liverpools:D ,also Chelsea havnt done so well at all in this set up so going to make them good again.:eek:

But i dont think it should be picking me out at all ,yes its done its job and picked the best ;) but to me im already at the best club in the world ,it should have been offered to a manager in the lower leagues at a small club not to successful managers who have top clubs because we have a bigger advantage on the others ,we should not be in the equation.

You must remember Job offers is not making members stay loyal to clubs ,but rather than someone like me with a LFC after 6 seasons being offered Chelsea and jumping ship ,it should have been offered to someone at Doncaster/Dagenham etc who stuck with them thick and thin praying for a job offer.

If i had been a manager of one of these in this set up ,then saw what happened with me i would be livid ,think job offers need to be put to smaller club managers not swapped between the ones with big clubs .:)

Must agree with this as well Ste because its taking the wrong deserving managers ' date='

What i mean is [b']i was [/b]Liverpool in EC 107.

I hold the best set up manager of all time in this set up showing me under LFC ,

(alan neller neller pts 548 ave pts 2.34 games 234 )

Just in its 6th season ive won the league twice and the cup twice yet i get offered the job for Chelsea ,which i actually took seems i havnt got a Chelsea and already got 7 more Liverpools:D ,also Chelsea havnt done so well at all in this set up so going to make them good again.:eek:

But i dont think it should be picking me out at all ,yes its done its job and picked the best ;) but to me im already at the best club in the world ,it should have been offered to a manager in the lower leagues at a small club not to successful managers who have top clubs because we have a bigger advantage on the others ,we should not be in the equation.

You must remember Job offers is not making members stay loyal to clubs ,but rather than someone like me with a LFC after 6 seasons being offered Chelsea and jumping ship ,it should have been offered to someone at Doncaster/Dagenham etc who stuck with them thick and thin praying for a job offer.

If i had been a manager of one of these in this set up ,then saw what happened with me i would be livid ,think job offers need to be put to smaller club managers not swapped between the ones with big clubs .:)

Yep I agree with that, the job offer thingy need to be an incentive for managers that do well with a smaller club and progress through the game. Like Paul Ince this year going from MK Don's to Blackburn.

Interesting point here! Would a club offer a job to a successful short-term manager or a loyal but albeit less successful manager or a mixture of both. Currently I'm assuming, as the system stands, the job is offered to 'the most successful manager' in the set-up. Although as Leigh and Alan have eluded to, this statement is a little hazy. Is the manager who has accumulated the most points or the most average points and/or other factors involved. This conundrum couldn't be closer to home to me at the moment, as I had to choose a manager of the season in one of my set-ups. Whilst one manager had accumulated more points, winning the cup, another had a much better average points having performed extremely well in a tough division. In the end, I could not decide and had to enlist the help of others to make the decision ;) . As Leigh and others have said here, some clarification of this might be helpful all round :) .

If loyalty is to become an important part of SM, then perhaps a loyalty rating needs to be incorporated into any set-up. As mentioned above you currently have total points and average points. Could we have a loyalty points for all members within the set-up. Could this be incorporated into the formula which SM use to determine the best manager for a job when one becomes available. This could be something as simple as adding for example 0.5 point per game in charge. Could be greater or smaller depending how important loyalty is to be in the job offer scenario. So in theory you will now have 3 figures:

e.g I'm manager of X. I've been in charge for 50 games. My set-up history shows

Manager..........Average Pts..........Total Pts..........Loyalty points

Me...................2.50.....................125...................25

Loyalty points will be zero'd whenever I change clubs (although perhaps if you have amassed a huge number of points, perhaps you will keep some of your loyalty points). The exact way you use the figures I cannot say as I'm uncertain of the current stipulations/formula involved in job offers. But by incorporating the loyalty points somewhere in the formula, loyalty will become more important and long-standing managers in the set-up who have been loyal to their club will be conferred an advantage when it comes to offering jobs. As I've said, this could be as small or as great as you want it.

The swap tool is the biggest in demand feature on SM

Dan

I think you have gone a bit OTT

Match engine

Star player hogging

Just to name 2 that are more in demand

Swapping teams between managers

Agree with Ste on this

The best thing to bring in is something like sparky said

If not swap then atleast make it that the job offers doesn't affect the released club straight away... Do it so the club remains free for 10 seconds' date=' then the job offer kicks in:o

[/quote']

Swapping teams between managers

Disagree with Ste on this

Why not GM account to GM account ?

The job offer feature

I just cant get my head round how this works:confused:

Why did Shels get offered the Manchester job in EC1 ?

Why did i get offered the Valencia job in G10 ?

Well yeah I meant from forumers at this time, lets be honest, how many tickets and threads have there been on this subject as well as replies.

From the whole SM community who knows, the poll done over a month ago said differently but it could be the same now, it could be different, who knows.

Surely demand over Priority :confused:

All the New and Upcoming Features look great on paper but in the end

arent all these Features introduced to improve our experences of

this game we know as SM?

Guest joe black

I would like to see SM put end to rumours like this more often, however it's responses like yours that would make him hesitate posting more often.

Missed ya Melb and is it ok if i call ya sweetie on the Forum as well as our PM's:D,

Ya Ste wont post now cos i disagree with him:rolleyes: its obvious ya dont know Ste then lol

If not swap then at least make it that the job offers doesn't affect the released club straight away... Do it so the club remains free for 10 seconds, then the job offer kicks in

I reckon we could all live with that:)

Surely demand over Priority

Surely demand should dictate priority:confused:

I just cant get my head round how this works

Why did Shels get offered the Manchester job in EC1 ?

Why did i get offered the Valencia job in G10 ?

Because the very system that SM are afraid of being made obsolete is seriously flawed:rolleyes:

No Alan ya got it all wrong,its the swap tool that will encourage people to jump ship not the job offers:rolleyes:

Also people have failed to answer the question of loyalty within a club and a setup. The idea is to takeover a club and build them up over time and not to jump ship as soon as something more appealing comes along

Im astounded by this statement,but SM make the decisions and all ya can do is give it your best shot,but in the end we are all aiming for the same goal and that is to improve SM and make it even more enjoyable to play,just that some of us are coming at it from different directions;):)

Also as part of the GM package it would only allow a GM to transfer clubs from a BM account to their GM account.

As things stand i suppose a half a loaf is better than no loaf at all but this issue is not going away,the GM package is just the start lads not the end:P:D

hello

i am afraid from this function, if SM gives the option to swap a team from Account A to Account B, it may be a reason for some people to hack SM or our accounts

but it is a great function

my brother managing teams in 2 accounts ...he want them all move to his new golden membership

afraid of quiting ... who guarantee he can be fast and pick the team before someone else does

thanks