David Beckham

Jas

Hey there guys i wonted to get peoples opinions on David Beckham (91). He's sort of had a mixed seson again :P but he keeps fighting back with every challenge thats been thrown at him and for that i respect him. i.e When Fabio Capello sed that he would never play for Real madrid again look at him now. With the exception of Iker Casillas (who is amazing by the way) i would say David Beckham has been the most consistent for RM. Steve McClaren knows hes in the wrong and should never have dropped Beckham in the first place. and thats why i feel Beckham's rating should be a bit higher i.e 92-93. I would love to know your opinions. Thx Jas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: David Beckham

Hey there guys i wonted to get peoples opinions on David Beckham (91). He's sort of had a mixed seson again :P but he keeps fighting back with every challenge thats been thrown at him and for that i respect him. i.e When Fabio Capello sed that he would never play for Real madrid again look at him now. With the exception of Iker Casillas (who is amazing by the way) i would say David Beckham has been the most consistent for RM. Steve McClaren knows hes in the wrong and should never have dropped Beckham in the first place. and thats why i feel Beckham's rating should be a bit higher i.e 92-93. I would love to know your opinions. Thx Jas

he's gonna be leaving Real Madrid and going to LA Galaxy nobody there even has a 87 rating Beckham will be lucky enough to even have a 90 when he arrives in the US

I have always thought Beckham was a good player but this season has been up and down for him, he has only recently returned from injury and all the speculation about his future earlier on in the season has kept him out of the Madrid squad. IMO Capello made a mistake saying that Beckham would never play again because (as he has played for Madrid again) he looked foolish and probably lost some respect from the fans and/or the players for going back on what he said.

IMO McClaren tried to make an example of Beckham when he became England manager but it backfired. He tried to show that he wasn't intimadated by the egos and the millionaires and that he wasn't afraid to drop certain "key players" but he has shown that he is inconsistant by not doing this throughout the England squad.

When Beckham does move to LA Galaxy in the summer I wouldn't be surprised if his rating went up to a 92 or even a 93. If you think about it he is going to be playing in a league which isn't up to the high standards of La Liga so he will (probably) be the best footballer in the league. This will mean that he will get plenty of games and play well because he is in a league with IMO poor players and I think this will affect his rating and it will go up

Rant over :D

I have always thought Beckham was a good player but this season has been up and down for him' date=' he has only recently returned from injury and all the speculation about his future earlier on in the season has kept him out of the Madrid squad. IMO Capello made a mistake saying that Beckham would never play again because (as he has played for Madrid again) he looked foolish and probably lost some respect from the fans and/or the players for going back on what he said.

IMO McClaren tried to make an example of Beckham when he became England manager but it backfired. He tried to show that he wasn't intimadated by the egos and the millionaires and that he wasn't afraid to drop certain "key players" but he has shown that he is inconsistant by not doing this throughout the England squad.

When Beckham does move to LA Galaxy in the summer I wouldn't be surprised if his rating went up to a 92 or even a 93. If you think about it he is going to be playing in a league which isn't up to the high standards of La Liga so he will (probably) be the best footballer in the league. This will mean that he will get plenty of games and play well because he is in a league with IMO poor players and I think this will affect his rating and it will go up

Rant over :D[/quote']

yeah look at juan veron for example.. went over to estudientes (not sure if i got the name right), did very well there even though the whole team isn't that great and led the team to the title. got a rating increase recently..

i dun follow argentina soccer much so i sold veron in several of my teams. next thing i know he got an increase! :mad:

Rant over :D

his rating wont increase. at best, if he plays well enough it will remain at what it is just now. MLS isn't a strong enough league to have a player increase above 92. if he struggles for form then he'll drop below 90 easily.

argentina is a much tougher league than MLS and veron was fully justified his increase for playing such an integral part for estudiantes and also earning a national team recall.

the way he played the last 2 games was awsome, he was just as valuable as van nistelrooy who is 95, if he keeps playing that way he should be increased, it probably wont be up to 95 but a 93 will be just fine, but only if he keeps playing as well as he did against valencia and bilbao

his rating wont increase. at best' date=' if he plays well enough it will remain at what it is just now. MLS isn't a strong enough league to have a player increase above 92. if he struggles for form then he'll drop below 90 easily.

argentina is a much tougher league than MLS and veron was fully justified his increase for playing such an integral part for estudiantes and also earning a national team recall.[/quote']yeah i agree with that, anything short of complete magnificence in the MLS and his rating will drop, and won't go above 92... i dont think any other MLS players are rated around this. the only way he could perhaps get a high rating is if he somehow got back into the England setup (again less likely once he is in the MLS) and pulled out amazing performances each game for his country. too many 'ifs' there for me.

yeah i agree with that' date=' anything short of complete magnificence in the MLS and his rating will drop, and won't go above 92... i dont think any other MLS players are rated around this. the only way he could perhaps get a high rating is if he somehow got back into the England setup (again less likely once he is in the MLS) and pulled out amazing performances each game for his country. too many 'ifs' there for me.[/quote']

well its a pity that become doesnt give a hoot about his soccer manager rating. i like the guy, but this is a bad move for him. the madrid sporting director even said it was a mistake letting him go..

well its a pity that become doesnt give a hoot about his soccer manager rating. i like the guy' date=' but this is a bad move for him. the madrid sporting director even said it was a mistake letting him go..[/quote']i have never seen anyone misspell 'Beckham' :D:P only teasing mate. i agree, it's a mistake. i think Beckham thought he was out of the Real team for good, if he had held on a bit longer i wonder if he would still have decided to go to the US.

estudiantes are 2nd in the argie league' date=' and veron has been in exemplary form. his rating of 92 is well justified, and if im not mistaken, he recently got another callup to the national squad.[/quote']

Going off the point slightly, but according to Wikipedia, Veron is still contracted to Chelsea! He's at Estudiantes on loan!

What about for England do u think he should be back in the squod or do u think that he wouldn't make a difference :confused: Personaly i feel he should never have been droped he is the heart of England as far as im concerned :P

i respect him too for fighting back when the odds were stacked against him and he has played really well for madrid lately i would say an increase to 92- he is still world class :)

i totaly agree :D

• 4 weeks later...

the thing about becks is...

when he's under pressure and being put down by people is when he responds best.

the difference between the first half of this season and the recent 2nd half is two-fold.

after capello publicly slated him and binned him becks did 2 things..

1. he's got himself extremely fit again

2. he's super-focused/motivated.

you can see it in his game. he looks like the player of 5/6 years ago at the minute.

same thing happened after he got slated at the world cup for his red card. he came charging back when the domestic season started again.

i tip my hat off to the guy.. :)

Completely agree.

Regarding his rating, I would be more inclined to see if he still has it for England, before sticking his rating up.

Should be, has the motivation now.

Dropping Beckham might have been a master-stroke, as everyone including Beckham used to know he was guaranteed first team with Sven, and this may have made Becks realise he is not untouchable. Lets hope so.

Personally i don't think that it was a stroke of genius by McClaren to drop him i just think that he didn't like Becks and now things an't going the way he had planned so now hes called Becks back to help him save his job !!!!!!!!!

Although Beckhams current form is superb and I have a great amount of respect for the guy as he always sticks it to his critics I do not think his rating should rise. If anything I think it should decrease, the guy is going to play in America far to early in his career and this will be hugely detrimental to his ability as a top class footballer. He will no longer be under the pressure he is now and will not be playing against anyone anywhere near as good as him let alone better than him. I understand why he has made the decision but think it is a mistake. He has at least another 2 years at the top level left as he is proving now. I will be shocked if he is picked for England once he moves to America and just think his career will decline as from this time next month.

Although Beckhams current form is superb and I have a great amount of respect for the guy as he always sticks it to his critics I do not think his rating should rise. If anything I think it should decrease' date=' the guy is going to play in America far to early in his career and this will be hugely detrimental to his ability as a top class footballer. He will no longer be under the pressure he is now and will not be playing against anyone anywhere near as good as him let alone better than him. I understand why he has made the decision but think it is a mistake. He has at least another 2 years at the top level left as he is proving now. I will be shocked if he is picked for England once he moves to America and just think his career will decline as from this time next month.[/quote']

i see were your coming from but look at Veron hes way above anyone in the league that hes playing in at the mo but his rateing went up to 92 and anyways shouldn't we be rating the players on currunt performance and i agree Becks is moving 2 years to early he should have stayed at Madrid for another 2 years !!!!!!!!!!!!