Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Discuss anything from transfers to match results here.

I will be posting here tomorrow. ;)

Up the Cobblers! :D

Re: Coca Cola League 1 + 2 Thread

Discuss anything from transfers to match results here.

I will be posting here tomorrow. ;)

Up the Cobblers! :D

Can I Post A Player To Watch Out For Post In There For League One.Come On The Gas!!!

Guest Atkin

Can I Post A Player To Watch Out For Post In There For League One.Come On The Gas!!!

Go for it mate.

Cobblers take on Bolton tonight in the Carling Cup. :D

Guest Atkin

And 2-0 up! :D

Get in. :D

Come on the Town.

Akinfenwa you are a God!

Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

Well, the thread you've all been waiting for!

LEAGUE 1 FTW! :D

So, the line up will be pretty much the same as last year, but with the Arrival of Norwich City, Southampton and Charlton Athletic. Peterbrough and Leicester leave to make room, going on to the championship, and the playoffs will decide the final promotion place. At the other end of the table, Northampton, Crewe,Cheltenham and Hereford all bit the dust as they were relegated to League 2. While Brentford, Exeter and Wycome are all promoted, while the play-offs are yet to be decided.

Opinions on whos promoted next year?

Guest Toggs

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

Oh yeah, since you Norwich have come down too join us, theyres a thread now. :rolleyes:

In perfect honesty, until the play-off's are over, i dont know who would be going up/down. Although i dont fancy Southampton too bounce back too the C'Ship. I think Charlton will be next season's favourites too get back into the 2nd tier of English football nevertheless.

So many names could be chucked into the hat for promotion next season. Including Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Tranmere, Oldham, Leeds (If they dont go up), Donner Kebabs. Maybe even Yeovil :rolleyes:

I think next season will prove too be even more difficult than this years for Yeovil. We finally found some stability when Skivo cemented his squad in place, but with Obika, Townsend, Weale, Noble & Rodgers leaving this summer as theyre loans expire, apart from the Bristol City duo, i doubt any of the others will return.

I cant see where we go from here. Im not sure if we have a League 1 side. We have the quality but Yeovil away from home is dreadful, and along with the defense, that will be the key too our hopes next season.

Good news concerning the defense already though. On Friday, Craig Alcock, who i suspect will be our starting RB next season (Only 20), has extended his contract, that was due too expire at the end of this coming season, by 2 years.

The Summer will be very intresting, and definitly who we get in pernamently, not a loan. Signings i think will decide our fait next season. We need a goalscorer, without a shadow of a doubt. Our top goalscorer last season was Tomlin with 7, which isn't enough. Im not saying we need Ronaldo, but we need someone who we can rely on too get a few.

I hope Tomlin & Murtagh get more of a role in the Yeovil team next season, and we flog off very poor players in Welsh, Warne & Roberts. We have so many god players, who somehow, Skivo must not rate highly, rotting on the bench.

Looking forward too next season anywho. Already renewed by Season Tickieee. :)

Tis' all :D

Time to start using this:p

Decent pre-season so far for Exeter. Obviously we've lost 2 of our best players in Moxey (Derby) and Gill (Norwich) but added are some players who will easily improve under the God that is Paul Tisdale. ;)

Moving in so far, former England youth international Scott Golbourne after he was released from Reading, and Swindon's released striker Barry Corr. They were followed by midfielder Joe Burnell who was released by Oxford and had a trial with the club.

And more good news last night with the announcement that Troy Archibald-Henville could be joining from Tottenham on a short-term deal after being on loan last year. City are in negotiations with Spurs at the moment, so hopefully that'll be sorted soon. Also, an undisclosed offer has been made for Charlton's Stuart Fleetwood who was at the club towards the end of last season. Supposedly this was made around 2 weeks ago but there's been no response yet.

To the pre-season games...

First was on Thursday away to Weston-Super-Mare which ended in a 2-2 draw. Whole side was changed at half-time with a lot of trialists given the chance to prove themselves. One of them, Chris Allen got the opener - a penalty - with the other coming from Neil Saunders.

Last night saw the opening games of the 2009 South West Challenge Cup. Teams involved are;

BARNSTAPLE TOWN

BIDEFORD AFC

BLACKPOOL FC

EASTLEIGH

EXETER CITY

GRIMSBY TOWN

ILFRACOMBE

LUTON TOWN

RRFC MONTEGNEE-LIEGE

RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS

WYCOMBE WANDERERS

YEOVIL TOWN

These were placed into a draw of 4 groups which are...

Group A

Exeter

Eastleigh

Ilfracombe

Group B

Yeovil

Grimsby

RRFC Montegnee

Group C

Luton

Wycombe Wanderers

Bideford

Group D

Blackpool

Rushden & Diamonds

Barnstaple

Results from last night:

Barnstaple 0-5 Blackpool

Bideford 0-0 Wycombe - Wycombe won 5-4 on penalties

Ilfracombe 1-4 Exeter

RRFC Montegnee 0-5 Yeovil

Goals for Exeter came from Harley, Stansfield, Logan and Panther. Last group game is against Eastleigh on Friday which could result in a semi-final game against the winners of Group C on Saturday, with the final on Sunday.

But before that.. home game against Tottenham tomorrow night, Redknapp is supposedly bringing down the big names so should be a great game.

After that, the 25th sees Derby County and a return for Moxey at SJP, before away games at Salisbury and Forest Green Rovers.

Then it's time for Leeds, QPR and Norwich in the first games of the season :D

Didn't even know this was here, nice one George for finding it.

I find it odd that Tom says, "So, the line up will be pretty much the same as last year". It's the same every year - 17 teams the same with 7 new sides. It's always going to be "pretty much the same as last year". :confused:

Anyway, very quiet on the Leeds front. With Richardson (Charlton), Douglas and Lucas (both Swindon) contracts all aloud to run, we are finally cutting down on some numbers. Shane Higgs has been signed from Cheltenham to take Lucas' place on the bench (or maybe even challenge Ankergren) whilst Jason Crowe has come from Northampton to take the RB spot. Feeney's move collapsed due to him failing his medical, and he is now having an operation. We only really need a striker now, providing Beckford leaves.

At the moment, our squad is loooking like this (Cover in brackets):

GK Ankergren (Higgs)

LB Sheehan/Parker (The other)

RB Crowe (Hughes)

CB Naylor © (Michalik)

CB Huntington (Marques - last three not in order)

LM Robinson/Delph (Other/White)

RM Snodgrass (Prutton)

CM Kilkenny (Hotchkiss)

CM Howson (Johnson)

ST Beckford (Kandol/Grella)

ST Becchio (Showunmi/Elliott)

Looking good. If Delph leaves we have Robinson who is easily capable of playing LM, and White is perfect cover for now. If Beckford leaves we really need another forward, as none of the rest are really good enough. Kandol could be on his way out anyway (Grayson has given him pre-season to prove himself), Showunmi isn't brilliant, the other two are still youngsters (although I'd like to see Grella given a chance - 5 goals in 3 reserve games last season).

For Swindon, it's a lot more exciting. With a whopping 14 players released, there is a bit of rebuilding to be done. And it has been done. The released are Brezovan (big mistake in my eyes), Vincent, J. Smith, Allen, Pook, Nalis, Joyce, Corr (Exeter), Kanyuka, Razak, Hyde (Barnet), Sturrock, Evans, Morris (went to my old school).

Added to that Simon Cox has just joined WBA for £1.5m (could reach £1.9m). Swindon have brought in Gordon Greer (permanently, free), who is expected to retain the captaincy, Scott Cuthbert from Celtic (on the fringes of the Scotland national side, £150k, could reach up to £250k), Lucas and Douglas from Leeds (free), and O'Brien from Hibernian. Douglas turned down offers from CCC clubs and O'Brien turned down a good few League 1 sides. I have no idea why, didn't think Swindon was that exciting a place tbh.

The team is looking like this:

GK Lucas (Smith)

LB Cuthbert (Lescinel/Kennedy)

RB Amankwaah (Lescinel/Thompson)

CB Greer © (Aljofree)

CB Morrison (Ifill)

LM McNamee (Macklin/Casal)

RM O'Brien (Marshall)

CM Douglas (McGovern)

CM Timlin (Easton)

ST Paynter (Westall)

ST Peacock (-)

As you can see, two strikers in great need (Westall's just signed a pro short-term deal, another person who went to my old school, but probably not good enough for a cover player). A replacement for Cox for sure (be it experienced or young) and another cover player to challenge Paynter and the other guy. Possibly another CM as well, to cover the current three, with McGovern switching to the wing (Marshall could be heading out on loan).

Leeds will finish 4th again, get to the play-off final and fail for a fifth time (please god prove me wrong, but it's becoming predictable now), whilst I can see a comfortable mid-table for Swindon (surely this current team is too strong for a relegation fight? Even without Cox, Swindon have now a much improved defense with Lucas, Greer and Cuthbert, and with Douglas through the middle, McNamee and O'Brien providing pace out wide, all is missing a decent striker to partner Paynter. Doesn't have to be a 27 goal striker, as that will be as good as impossible to find, but someone who can knock in a good 10-15 in the league, and providing Paynter can get a similar amount, and the midfield can pop in, all should be good).

Guest Toggs

Been an extremely exciting pre-season [Espically the last week] for Yeovil aswell. Cracking match against FC Montenrgee last night. Downsey scored twice as we won 5-0 and I watched online as last night was the only match I was unable too attend.

Following the pernament signings of both Stefan Stam & Scott Murray, we have today also agreed loan deals for Tottenham duo Mason & Caulker. On top of that, in our Errea Cup squad, we have two trailist keepers, Arran Lee-Barratt & the more exciting, Richard Martin. Dean Bowditch (IMO, we should get), Hamdi Razak (Not good enough), Sam Williams (Must sign) & Niall McArdle (19 and played for NI at u15, 16 & 17. Must sign)

Pre-Season started well with the thumping of Montenrgee last night. We now face Grimsby in the semi-finals of the Errea South West Cup on Friday. After that we play Derby (Next Tuesday) & Bristol City (28th July).

What i hope Yeovil will look like next season:

GK: Martin

DF: Alcock

DF: Stam

DF: Forbes

DF: Brown

MD: Tomlin

MD: Schofield [Play him in the middle Skivo PLEASE]

MD: Roberts/Welsh

MD: Murray/Mason

CF: Downes

CF: Williams

YTFC! :)

Guest Toggs

Stay well' date=' well away. He's useless. The BSP would be more his level.[/quote']

Bet you weren't thinking that when he bagged his hat-trick on his debut for you :rolleyes:

Scored last night but he is useless, hardly cuts Football League IMO.

Guest Toggs

Few pictures of the 'First outing in the new YTFC home kit' against FC Monterngee in the SW Errea Cup last night.

0,,10673~6511848,00.jpg

0,,10673~6511850,00.jpg

FC Monterngee 0-5 Yeovil Town

FC Montengee scorers: N/A

Yeovil Town scorers: Downes (2), Razak, Jones, Mason (Pen).

I would post a SW Errea round-up of the Semi finals after Fridays games if anyone fancied doing the Exeter's group round up? (George)?

Yeovil Town Vs Grimsby Town (Lg2) - Matchday 2

Second and final League game, with us being table-toppers. Im also there on friday. :)

Bet you weren't thinking that when he bagged his hat-trick on his debut for you :rolleyes:

Scored last night but he is useless' date=' hardly cuts Football League IMO.[/quote']

Razak never played for Leeds...

Unless by "you", you mean Swindon? In which case, I can clarify that I do not support Swindon (I follow them, which is different..), and Razak never once scored for Swindon. Please get your facts right.

Guest Toggs

Razak never played for Leeds...

Unless by "you"' date=' you mean Swindon? In which case, I can clarify that I do not support Swindon (I follow them, which is different..), and Razak never once scored for Swindon. Please get your facts right.[/quote']

Well that there shows how much you 'think' you follow Swindon. :rolleyes:

lol-2.jpg

What an excuse of a fan/follower :rolleyes:

Ah' date=' I find this thread amusing.[/quote']

Good. :) You'll be using it soon. ;)

Well that there shows how much you 'think' you follow Swindon. :rolleyes:

lol-2.jpg

What an excuse of a fan/follower :rolleyes:

Good. :) You'll be using it soon. ;)

Toggs, I don't even support Swindon, why should I check on how their reserves do? O_o

So he scored in a reserve match, what he does there makes no difference. What he does for the first team is the important thing, and he played terrible.

I'm curious why you've gone out of your way to argue with me when we both seem to be on the same page about him anyway. Idiot.

Edit: Dear god. I've been saying ballacks for ages..

Guest Toggs

Toggs' date=' I don't even support Swindon, why should I check on how their reserves do? O_o[/quote']

I support/follow Yeovil and I follow the reserves almost as much as the first team.

So he scored in a reserve match' date=' what he does there makes no difference. What he does for the first team is the important thing, and he played utter ballacks.

[/quote']

Well that would because i said:

Bet you weren't thinking that when he bagged his hat-trick on his debut for you

You: I'm curious why you've gone out of your way to argue with me.

And then you tried saying he never scored. I said on his debut' date=' and his debut for Swindon was against Swansea in a reserve match, where he bagged a hat-trick. Then asked me too 'get my facts right' and an idiot'. You're going too have too think up some better insults pal :)

So you need too get [i']your[/i] facts right. idiot ;)

I support/follow Yeovil and I follow the reserves almost as much as the first team.

Well that would because i said:

And then you tried saying he never scored. I said on his debut' date=' and his debut for Swindon was against Swansea in a reserve match, where he bagged a hat-trick. Then asked me too 'get my facts right' and an idiot'. You're going too have too think up some better insults pal :)

So you need too get [i']your[/i] facts right. idiot ;)

Who the héll includes non-competitive games? When people say how many goals Ronaldo scored in 07/08, they don't include goals in friendlies do they?

So because you follow reserve game, everyone else has to or they're not a real follower?

"Exeter City today announced their third signing in the last 24 hours after Troy Archibald-Henville signed a loan deal at the club from Tottenham. The centre back joins on an initial 6 month loan deal. "

Brilliant news! Saw he played for a Spurs side against Aldershot last night which seemed to suggest that maybe he was staying there to potentially break into the first team, but just seen that which is great. Will be a great defender, possibly even a future England international and very highly rated by Spurs.

Golbourne, Duffy, Dunne, Norwood, Burnell, Corr, Russell and now the return of Archibald-Henville, the squad is looking so much better now even with Moxey and Gill leaving.

Sir Tisdale is working his magic again B)

I love the fact that everyone's written Southampton off already.

Anyway, this season is going to be AMAZING. All these exciting and exotic places I get to visit. :rolleyes:

As Mr. Pardew put it, everything at the club's fine, except from the team, which is a BIG problem, as they're all rubbish. I'm just hoping he has a few tricks up his sleeve. That said, we still have Raziak and Euell, and everyone knows what great players they are. ;)

Mid-table for us, I think?

I love the fact that everyone's written Southampton off already.

Anyway' date=' this season is going to be AMAZING. All these exciting and exotic places I get to visit. :rolleyes:

As Mr. Pardew put it, everything at the club's fine, except from the team, which is a BIG problem, as they're all rubbish. I'm just hoping he has a few tricks up his sleeve. That said, we still have Raziak and [b']Euell[/b], and everyone knows what great players they are. ;)

Mid-table for us, I think?

Swanned off to Blackpool hasn't he? Would have thought they'd have been dancing in the streets of Southampton at that news.

Guest Toggs

Yeovil's recent signings include Sam Williams (Previously trailed), Alex McCarthy (6 Month Loan From Reading) & George O'Callaghan (Unattached, released by Dundalk)

Best of the three being Williams. Proven striker and has played at Wales youth level. Good presence in front of goal against Grimsby and is a striker, which is what we need (Yeovil would take ANY striker at the moment) :o

O'Callaghan arrives from Millwall on loan. Skivo described him as having the biggest kick he has ever seen, and i can only agree. :) Wit that signing, Josh Wagenaar will almost definatly been shown the door, which is a REAL shame, as since he got red for decent last year, he hasn't featured and who is a good keeper, will leave the club on a bad note.

O'Callaughan has played in all three pre-season friendlies for Yeovil this season. He provides another striking option, although i don't think he has the edge and i'd rather see him in a more CM/AM role, and the ideal replace for Lee Pleiter, who was sold too Huddersfield.

In our three friendly matches too date, we have endeavoured a 5-0 win, and two losses (Both without the first team on.), we haven't yet played any real key players (Apart from Schofield & Alcock).

Those signings, on top of Scott Murray (From B.City), Steffan Stam (Unattached), Danny Hucthins (undisclosed fee - Spurs), Ryan Mason (Loan - Spurs) & Steven Caulker (Loan - Spurs) provide a mouth-watering squad for next season, with more signings too come.

:)