Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

Really need a win tonight tbh, we got papped at Carlisle but still managed a win even though our away form is pathetic. So we should be able to beat them but not confident. :o Dobie is suspended for them though which is a good thing. Need to start taking points off teams around us, if we could only have beaten one of Yeovil and Leeds, would definitely have taken Yeovil because Leeds aren't exactly going to be near the bottom :o

Archibald-Henville gone back to Spurs now, Edwards still out from the Leeds game so Burnell could make his debut in defence.

Really need a win tonight tbh' date=' we got papped at Carlisle but still managed a win even though our away form is pathetic. So we should be able to beat them but not confident. :o Dobie is suspended for them though which is a good thing. Need to start taking points off teams around us, if we could only have beaten one of Yeovil and Leeds, would definitely have taken Yeovil because Leeds aren't exactly going to be near the bottom :o

Archibald-Henville gone back to Spurs now, Edwards still out from the Leeds game so Burnell could make his debut in defence.[/quote']

You think your away form is pathetic??? :rolleyes:

Try winning no away games so far this season B)

We get worse with every game. I just watched 90 minutes of utter disgrace. The only player in yellow who actually looked like he bothered was little Max Gradel, the rest of them were unbelievable. Unbelievably pap. Apart from instead of pap, use your imagination. Swindon absolutely destroyed us and full credit to them, they deserved it.

Promotion? No chance. At this rate even the play-offs are going to be a struggle. I hope Spurs "do us" in the replay, because we bloody well need to be out of that bleeding competition. I'd happily swap our win at United for 9 points. I'd even swap it for 6.

After watching that, any hope of promotion I had left is gone. Norwich have won this title tonight in all honesty. Even if they suffer a blip, no-one will catch them. Charlton shouldn't have too many problems coming 2nd. We should cling on to a play-off spot, where we'll probably face Swindon (knowing my luck) and get destroyed, again.

After the match one of my mates was singing his head off about the match. I should mention, he supports Man United. I replied "1-0" and that shut him up.

FML.

We get worse with every game. I just watched 90 minutes of utter disgrace. The only player in yellow who actually looked like he bothered was little Max Gradel' date=' the rest of them were unbelievable. Unbelievably pap. Apart from instead of pap, use your imagination. Swindon absolutely destroyed us and full credit to them, they deserved it.

Promotion? No chance. At this rate even the play-offs are going to be a struggle. I hope Spurs "do us" in the replay, because we bloody well need to be out of that bleeding competition. I'd happily swap our win at United for 9 points. I'd even swap it for 6.

After watching that, any hope of promotion I had left is gone. Norwich have won this title tonight in all honesty. Even if they suffer a blip, no-one will catch them. Charlton shouldn't have too many problems coming 2nd. We should cling on to a play-off spot, where we'll probably face Swindon (knowing my luck) and get destroyed, again.

After the match one of my mates was singing his head off about the match. I should mention, he supports Man United. I replied "1-0" and that shut him up.

FML.[/quote']

Dude, seriously - what an overreaction. I realise that you've lost three on the bounce, but you'd have thought that it's the end of the world. You're still second, three points behind Norwich and with two games in hand. Besides, the teams you lost to are no mugs, particularly Swindon, who are doing excellently right now. Teams aren't gonna just roll over and let you walk over them.

And why will Charlton not have any problem getting second? The same Charlton who were very average in losing to Leyton Orient last night? Stop flipping out when there's still plenty of time left in the season. I mean look at us - in dire straits a week or two back, and all of sudden, after three wins on the bounce, we're five points off mid-table. Don't give up.

We get worse with every game. I just watched 90 minutes of utter disgrace. The only player in yellow who actually looked like he bothered was little Max Gradel' date=' the rest of them were unbelievable. Unbelievably pap. Apart from instead of pap, use your imagination. Swindon absolutely destroyed us and full credit to them, they deserved it.

FML.[/quote']

Did he reply, "top of the Premiership" or "League One"?

Massive overreaction, although the Swindon 3 - 0 Leeds followed by the "We all hate Leeds scum" at Bramall Lane tonight (and probably most other grounds) was quite funny..

I don't hate Leeds really, I just dislike you, good luck!

xxxxx

UTB!

Dude' date=' seriously - what an overreaction. I realise that you've lost three on the bounce, but you'd have thought that it's the end of the world. You're still second, three points behind Norwich and with two games in hand. Besides, the teams you lost to are no mugs, particularly Swindon, who are doing excellently right now. Teams aren't gonna just roll over and let you walk over them.

And why will Charlton not have any problem getting second? The same Charlton who were very average in losing to Leyton Orient last night? Stop flipping out when there's still plenty of time left in the season. I mean look at us - in dire straits a week or two back, and all of sudden, after three wins on the bounce, we're five points off mid-table. Don't give up.[/quote']

First of all, have you seen any of our games since United, other than Spurs? We've not just been beaten, we've been unbelievably awful, we've deserved a lot less than we've actually got (Swindon could have and should have won 4-0 or 5-0 last night), we no longer look like we care about the league and we're being easily rolled over by teams like Exeter and Carlisle.

Secondly, Swindon are a very average team. I've watched them all of last year and a lot of this year, and their only player of any real ability is Jonny Douglas (who for some reason we released last year). Wilson has got them playing fantastically as a team, but they've struggled against the real big teams in this league already. Norwich walked over them, Charlton managed to come from 2-1 down with 9 men. We should have beaten them with no problems, and we would have if this match hadn't been postponed back in November. But we didn't even give them a fight, and didn't have our first chance until about half an hour in. We were camped in our own half for most of the first-half.

Charlton are a very good side, who performed poorly in front of the TV cameras, which was probably the main reason. If they go on to lose their next three games (ala Leeds) then maybe I will change my opinion, but they've been doing fine recently, whereas we have completely lost the plot. We're not just going through a blip and getting unlucky, we're getting walked off the park by Carlisle, Wycombe, Exeter, etc.

As for you, things really turned around only after Laws was sacked and Irvine took over. As for us, we're definitely not getting rid of Grayson who has worked wonders since he's arrived, but the Leeds fans are beginning to question whether he has the ability to turn things around, because atm we're getting worse, not better. In his PC's after the match he continuously says the same things over and over "slow to start; didn't fight enough; we weren't up for it; need to improve next time round; etc". He's said all of those after every single of our last four games (excluding Spurs), and nothing has changed.

And I'm getting so worked up because we NEED to get promoted this season. Beckford is going, Grayson, Snodgrass and Howson are all being chases by Premiership and top Championship clubs, and next year would be our 4th in this division. And tbh, if we don't get promoted this year, I can't see us ever getting out of this division, at least in the near future. And not only that, but the only way we're going up is coming 1st or 2nd. We have never won the play-offs and our players seem unable to perform when it really matters. So with us soon to be dropping out of those automatic spots, and not looking like turning it around for a while yet (Colchester on Saturday, and I will predict a Colchester win here and now, it's inevitable), by the time we find our feet again it'll probably be too late, and another play-off failure beckons.

e.

Secondly' date=' Swindon are a very average team. I've watched them all of last year and a lot of this year, and their only player of any real ability is Jonny Douglas (who for some reason we released last year). Wilson has got them playing fantastically as a team, but they've struggled against the real big teams in this league already. Norwich walked over them, Charlton managed to come from 2-1 down with 9 men. We should have beaten them with no problems, and we would have if this match hadn't been postponed back in November. But we didn't even give them a fight, and didn't have our first chance until about half an hour in. We were camped in our own half for most of the first-half.

[/quote']

who the hell you calling average???

i dare you to say that when we finish above you:p:p

FML.[/quote']

Mate that is a massive over reaction. There's about 19/20 games to go so how can you say Norwich have won the title when they're only 3 points clear. You've had a blip and so might they. They can't continue winning every game.

Also you say Charlton shouldn't have any problems coming 2nd. Well as someone who's been to all of their games since mid-December, we are not playing well. Admittedly Monday was our first defeat in 12 games, but we've now only had 1 win in the last 4 home games and we don't ever seem to completely outplay any team.

After the other night our reaction was oh well that's promotion gone but who knows. Norwich might suddenly lose 2 on the trot and we're back in it. In Feb they play both Millwall and Southampton so could easily drop points. We've got to go to Walsall and Swindon next week so we're bound to drop points as well.

At the moment i'm looking over my shoulder at Colchester and Swindon rather than chasing Leeds.

It's far from over.

You think your away form is pathetic??? :rolleyes:

Try winning no away games so far this season B)

You have a great record at home at least!

Absolutely shocking performance last night but not going to join the majority who have all but given up and think we're on our way down. We're in a relegation fight but what do they expect ffs. We have one of the best young managers in the country and we can stay up. It will be tough, it's likely to go down to the last few games but we can do it.

Having said that, so so so disappointing last night. Came back well from 2-0 down at HT after the worst half I have ever seen, get a 90th minute equaliser then Carlisle go straight up the other end and get the winner. Only a few seemed to make the effort and Harley needs to learn how to tackle, great player when he's up for it, but he isn't doing it often enough at the moment. We need Noone back or someone similar, our best form came when we had him on loan and a proper winger. And we need new CB's, one to partner Taylor and another for back-up.

If possible, replacement for Duffy as well. Shows how low Wales' standard is when he's played for them, very poor and he's a muppet on the pitch tbh. Arguing with Jones coming off at HT, always trying to wind up the opposition, stupid fouls. Just do your job and defend ffs, that's what your paid to do and your not doing it :/

Now on to the MK Scum, not expecting anything though!

who the hell you calling average???

i dare you to say that when we finish above you:p:p

Just my opinion mate. ;)

David Lucas is a very good League 1 keeper, but nothing special. Lescinel was inconsistent last year but he looks to have improved now, Amankwaah's decent, Greer's solid at this level. Haven't seen enough of Cuthbert to comment. Douglas is very good and could cut it at the Championship easily, and when he plays, Swindon seem to do a lot better. Ferry is also a very good midfielder, but he's only on loan. I've always rated McGovern (met him too, he came to our school when we "unveiled" the new astro) but he's just another League 1 player. Haven't seen enough of Ward. Paynter has surprised me a little, last season he was fairly poor tbh. This year he's scoring a lot more, with Cox gone, although mostly penalties, but he's nothing special. Austin is a little unproven but he's looking very good atm.

McSheffrey signs for Leeds until the end of the season.

Has the potential to be an absolute stunning signing that. He ripped apart the Championship a few years back, but has been injured lately and hasn't scored in nearly two years. With regular game time and match fitness he could find that form again he had at Coventry not long ago and turn things around for us. At the same time he might never find that form again after the injury and flop.

Shane Lowry is also meant to be signing on a short-term loan deal tomorrow morning. Don't know how much truth is in that, but it looks like it's going to happen.

Not at all confident for today. Can't see us beating Colchester tbh.

Have a feeling we're going to lose in the last few minutes today :o Marriott in for Jones and Edwards back so at least the defence should be better then the past few games.

Harley's hit the post and Logan is on for Stewart who went off injured, can just tell that it isn't a day we'll have much luck :/

McSheffrey signs for Leeds until the end of the season.

Has the potential to be an absolute stunning signing that. He ripped apart the Championship a few years back' date=' but has been injured lately and hasn't scored in nearly two years. With regular game time and match fitness he could find that form again he had at Coventry not long ago and turn things around for us. At the same time he might never find that form again after the injury and flop.

Shane Lowry is also meant to be signing on a short-term loan deal tomorrow morning. Don't know how much truth is in that, but it looks like it's going to happen.

Not at all confident for today. Can't see us beating Colchester tbh.[/quote']

I bet you cut yourself don't you.

Great win, and by the sounds of things, it could have been four or five if not for some amazing goalkeeping and a bit of bad luck. Bromby hit the bar, Beckford had a goal ruled out for offside, McSheffrey had a shot blocked off the line. By Beckford.

And Charlton held by Tranmere, brilliant. Sounds like they dominated the entire match too. 5 points clear with a game in hand. Come on. Lets not go and mess up next weekend now after winning out first league game of the new decade.

Great win' date=' and by the sounds of things, it could have been four or five if not for some amazing goalkeeping and a bit of bad luck. Bromby hit the bar, Beckford had a goal ruled out for offside, McSheffrey had a shot blocked off the line. By Beckford.

And Charlton held by Tranmere, brilliant. Sounds like they dominated the entire match too. 5 points clear with a game in hand. Come on. Lets not go and mess up next weekend now after winning out first league game of the new decade.[/quote']

You've cheered up at last then

1422: Cracking lower league chat' date=' this: [b']Exeter City have paid a transfer fee for a player for the first time in seven years.[/b] Stunningly-named Spurs defender Troy Archibald-Henville arrives for an undisclosed fee after two successful loan spells.

:eek:

Disappointed with that, has looked poor this season on loan and was hoping for someone more experienced. He doesn't like playing on the left side of defence alongside Taylor so hardly fills you with confidence...

Would love to be proved wrong though :) And the potential is there as well, so should be good for the future.

Looks like that's it for now.. hopefully we get 1 or 2 when the loan window opens next week.